PDA

View Full Version : Paxon shoves Vinny Del negro......

TmacBryant
04-14-2010, 04:46 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-paxsondelnegro041310

paxon shoved delnegro twice and grabbed his tie lol...

someone is going to get fired.....

abe_froman
04-14-2010, 04:51 AM
i applaud pax,i wanted to do that on numerous occasions myself(or worse)

D Roses Bulls
04-14-2010, 04:51 AM
saw it in the bulls forum, i hate vinny but paxson should be fired as well for not pulling the trigger on deals he had in the past

D Roses Bulls
04-14-2010, 04:53 AM
i applaud pax,i wanted to do that on numerous occasions myself(or worse)

paxson never coached the team, like i said, i hate vinny as well but paxson could of pulled the trigger on many of deals but he was too hung up on his "YOUNG" potential. that man should be fired as well

tredigs
04-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Coaches and GM's fighting over Joakim Noah. Congratulations, kid. You've made it!

PHX2daDEATH
04-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Yeah Vinny is soooooooooo gone.. especially with Guys like Byronn Scott and Avery Johnson on the market..

heathonater
04-14-2010, 05:24 AM
one of them will be gone. cant have the head coach and gm fighting like that.

JayW_1023
04-14-2010, 05:35 AM
People are blowing this way outta proportion. They prolly already resolved things as we speak.

vito don tito
04-14-2010, 05:45 AM
People are blowing this way outta proportion. They prolly already resolved things as we speak.

W#hoa Dude your tag is messing with my mind. Does that actually say Bill Laimbeers Comet Basketball?

Draco
04-14-2010, 05:49 AM
No kidding people are blowing this out of proportion.

"I never heard about it. If it did happen it slipped past me," [Rose] said. "I really don't watch that stuff. When [Del Negro and Paxson] are around us, they're always kidding around, joking around, talking. I guess they're doing it behind closed doors. When they're around us, they're professionals."

"I'm sure it happens in a lot of teams. You just don't hear about it," Bulls forward Luol Deng said of the in-fighting. "We just have a snitch. Whoever told you guys we got to find out who it is."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100413/daily-dime

Luol might be right..

And not that I'm comparing the specifics (nor do I know the specifics) of what Krause said to what Paxson said.. I'd guess players have more respect for Pax than Krause commanded back in the day.

That was evident in his relations with Jordan beginning in the 1985-86 season. When Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf restricted Jordan's playing time after the superstar had recovered from a broken bone in his foot, it was Krause who berated coach Stan Albeck whenever the limit was exceeded--which had Jordan steaming.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-04-08/sports/0304080310_1_bulls-chairman-jerry-reinsdorf-jerry-krause-horace-grant

JayW_1023
04-14-2010, 06:03 AM
W#hoa Dude your tag is messing with my mind. Does that actually say Bill Laimbeers Comet Basketball?

Bill Laimbeers Combat Basketball...they should pick up this gaming franchise like they did with NBA Jam.

Hugbees
04-14-2010, 06:14 AM
What kind of messed up world are we living in when assaulting a coach isn't a big deal? Paxson seems abusive and I commend Del Negro for not retaliating. Even if Del Negro was wrong(which he probably was, he's done a pretty bad job this year), that is no way to treat another human being especially someone that holds such a high position like General Manager. Paxon should be terminated.

GSW Hoops
04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
What kind of messed up world are we living in when assaulting a coach isn't a big deal? Paxson seems abusive and I commend Del Negro for not retaliating. Even if Del Negro was wrong(which he probably was, he's done a pretty bad job this year), that is no way to treat another human being especially someone that holds such a high position like General Manager. Paxon should be terminated.

If I assaulted someone at work I'd damn sure be looking for a new job.

Too bad Vinny couldn't retaliate--I think he could take him :)

Pierzynski4Prez
04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I read that Vinny didn't retaliate because then they'd be able to use that against him and fire him without fulfilling his contract.

Raph12
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I see where Paxon's coming from, Vinny disobeyed direct orders from mgmt, but that's no way to handle the situation... It was very unprofessional and Paxon should be fired.

blams
04-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Can't believe Garpax didn't pull the trigger on a deal that would have sent Caron Butler to Chicago. :sigh:

IversonIsKrazy
04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Feel bad for Vinny, I mean ya he is a terrible coach, but to shove and ask him to fight is not a way to handle the situation.

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2010, 02:33 PM
If true, poor form for Paxon. I expect better, no matter how terrible the head coach may be or whether or not he outright disregarded management's advisory. Nice cause for a lawsuit right there, if that happened at my job.

smith&wesson
04-14-2010, 02:45 PM
the bulls should have never let go of ben gordon and or salmons.

they went from taking the boston celtics to 7 games and 8 overtimes to hardley making the playoffs. thats a dam shame. how can you take that much scoring away from a coach and then wonder why he is playing his injured powerforward soo many minutes.

hey pax, can you um say " play offs " ?? what do you want the coach to do ? tank ? then tell him to tank. you cant take that many peices away and then tell him to limit noahs minutes, even though the kids playing like a beast right now, and then still expect your coach to lead the team to the playoffs.. it dont make no dam sence.

Draco
04-14-2010, 02:53 PM

they went from taking the boston celtics to 7 games and 8 overtimes to hardley making the playoffs. thats a dam shame. how can you take that much scoring away from a coach and then wonder why he is playing his injured powerforward soo many minutes.

hey pax, can you um say " play offs " ?? what do you want the coach to do ? tank ? then tell him to tank. you cant take that many peices away and then tell him to limit noahs minutes, even though the kids playing like a beast right now, and then still expect your coach to lead the team to the playoffs.. it dont make no dam sence.

It's managing long term plans with short terms plans.. it's what GMs do.

SirCalvin81
04-14-2010, 03:19 PM
i say let them fight and winner keeps his job

abe_froman
04-14-2010, 03:22 PM

we were in mid playoff seeding before injuries hit...so even without bg and salmons we were in good form(losing noah for so long was devastating)

also we are doing the 2010 fa thing,keeping either/both would have killed our capspace

RaptorizedKevin
04-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah Vinny is soooooooooo gone.. especially with Guys like Byronn Scott and Avery Johnson on the market..

id love to have avery johnson. i dont get why the raptors didnt sign him. :facepalm:

j2death7
04-14-2010, 04:26 PM
good thing hollins isnt the coach out there cuz he woulda dropped paxson u seen him step up n swat kenyon the other night

Gibby23
04-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Chicago Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro initiated the physical contact with executive vice president John Paxson during an altercation on March 30 -- contrary to a report that painted Paxson as the aggressor -- a source close to the situation told ESPNChicago.com

TmacBryant
04-15-2010, 12:18 AM
yeah they are getting lawyers to investigate ... i dont think vinny started it, bulls have been wanting to fire him since last season.. why give them the opportunity.

JayW_1023
04-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Give Del Negro a break.

I think Vinny has been doing allright for a guy who hasn't coached at any level before. People should give him more credit and cut him some slack. The Bulls have been playing with no interior presence whatsoever his entire time as coach.

The team is still young and one good post player from being a winner. It's not Vinny's fault. When he was in the hot seat, he rallied his team to a playoff berth and that resilience is pretty impressive for a rookie coach in that position.

Maybe I'm just stickin' up for an ex-San Antonio Spur.