PDA

View Full Version : Kahne to join Hendricks in 2011

TragicallyHip
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=5082269

This makes HMS even more dominant. Easily the best team in Sprint Cup Series. :clap:

Dray13
04-13-2010, 07:52 PM
What a move...my favorite driver joining the most powerful team in nascar. I called this a couple years ago in a convo with my dad. It made to much sense not to happen, Martins contract is up after 2011...Kaseys contract was up around the same time.

I absolutley love this move, I'm not a big fan of Dale jr or Jimmie, but w/e if being team mates with them two, puts my guy in title contention and race winning contention every week, then I'm all for it.

I wonder where he'll drive next season? It'll be a 1 year deal where ever it is. My guess would be with Childress (you can correct me if Im wrong) but I think Harvick is leaving there to join Stewart Haas in 2011.

MarkieMark48
04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Good move for Hendrick, lock up the best free agent on the market for a while, and secure a ride for the next 10 years, Ive always liked Kahne, hes a good driver. It'll be interesting to see what Hendrick will do during and after the 2012 season when Dale Jr's contract is up.

Kahne will drive the #4 Budweiser chevy for stewart-haas racing next year "if" Mark Martin doesnt retire, then he will join Hendrick in 2012 after Martins contract expires. If Martin decides to retire at the end of the 2010 season, Kahne will jump into the 5 next year, but I think that is highly unlikely unless Hendrick throws some money in Martins direction.

TragicallyHip
04-14-2010, 10:40 AM
It'll be interesting to see what Hendrick will do during and after the 2012 season when Dale Jr's contract is up.

I'm sure they will re-sign him. They have my man JJ to win the races, they'll just continue to use Jr. for the brand name and all the apparel, etc., that he sells.

Actually it's the 2012 season he'll be racing for HMS (Mod- Feel free to correct thread title to 2012).

AllTimeBest
04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
So if Martin doesn't retire, he is going to race for Stewart-Haas racing for just one season? Stewart should of gone out and locked up Kahne. They need another solid driver.

MarkieMark48
04-15-2010, 05:21 PM
So if Martin doesn't retire, he is going to race for Stewart-Haas racing for just one season? Stewart should of gone out and locked up Kahne. They need another solid driver.

It hasnt been announced yet, but that seems to be what will happen. Hendrick will provide Stewart-Haas a 3rd car for Kahne to drive, which Stewart-Haas will basically get for free and probably get an extremely large portion of that car's income

MarkieMark48
04-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm sure they will re-sign him. They have my man JJ to win the races, they'll just continue to use Jr. for the brand name and all the apparel, etc., that he sells.

Actually it's the 2012 season he'll be racing for HMS (Mod- Feel free to correct thread title to 2012).

I think itll depend on if Theresa will relinquish her part of what is now Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing. If not, then I can see Hendrick resigning Jr, for the reasons you stated.