PDA

View Full Version : Report: Rollins has Grade 2 calf strain

YankeeFan28
04-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Sources tell Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com that Jimmy Rollins has a Grade 2 calf strain.
Such an injury would normally require a stint on the disabled list, but we should have a clearer picture about his timetable after he undergoes an MRI on Tuesday. If Rollins is forced to go on the disabled list, Wilson Valdez would likely draw the majority of starts at shortstop with Shane Victorino leading off. Rotoworld

cheerio
04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Hope this is quick

YankeeFan28
04-13-2010, 09:03 AM
I wonder if some of that Mets bad karma from last season will make its way down to Philly.

GimmeAD
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I wonder if some of that Mets bad karma from last season will make its way down to Philly.

At least we'll have a semi-decent amount of depth to make up for it.

CityofTreez
04-13-2010, 01:39 PM

time will tell. There's still a long season infront of us

iggypop123
04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
if he isnt out for the season and its only a 2 week thing why is this news?

Tragedy
04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
if he isnt out for the season and its only a 2 week thing why is this news?
Because Rollins is on my fantasy team.

LeoGetz
04-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Because Rollins is on my fantasy team.

Sucker. He screwed me last year & I learned never to draft any hitter in the AL East besides Ramirez & Howard.

VRP723
04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I dislike Jimmy Rollins very much

Tragedy
04-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Sucker. He screwed me last year & I learned never to draft any hitter in the AL East besides Ramirez & Howard.
Nah, I wasn't around for the actual draft.

NYMETS2889
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
At least we'll have a semi-decent amount of depth to make up for it.

your right cuz the phillies would still be winners with out rollins, howard, halladay, and utley, and then ibanez for 2 weeks, every teams is equipped to deal with losing players like that

hurdler388
04-13-2010, 02:34 PM

no utley?

hurdler388
04-13-2010, 02:35 PM
your right cuz the phillies would still be winners with out rollins, howard, halladay, and utley, and then ibanez for 2 weeks, every teams is equipped to deal with losing players like that

someone is still bitter about last year.

ritz
04-13-2010, 02:41 PM

Not really. Having depth is one thing. Having depth to come in and play for as many big players the Mets lost last year is another. I'm pretty sure his point is it's hard to have guys that can step in and fill the role of the caliber players the Mets lost for the length of time they lost them last year.

hurdler388
04-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Not really. Having depth is one thing. Having depth to come in and play for as many big players the Mets lost last year is another. I'm pretty sure his point is it's hard to have guys that can step in and fill the role of the caliber players the Mets lost for the length of time they lost them last year.

i'm not saying the mets didn't catch a tough break last year. just pointing out the fact that the mets fan jumped all over gimmead for saying the phill's had some depth to deal with it. i could be wrong but i think the phill's can deal with rollins being out for a few weeks.

NYMETS2889
04-13-2010, 02:54 PM

not really, last year was dredful, i am bitter however over the fact that phillies fans seem to think it was about depth the mets had 88 million on the dl, dont try to compare covering for rollins missing 15 days as the same as what the mets had to do, and the players they were FORCED to put on the field

hurdler388
04-13-2010, 02:57 PM
not really, last year was dredful, i am bitter however over the fact that phillies fans seem to think it was about depth the mets had 88 million on the dl, dont try to compare covering for rollins missing 15 days as the same as what the mets had to do, and the players they were FORCED to put on the field

i don't disagree with you. i'm wondering how gimmeAD saying "the phill's have a semi-decent amount of depth" was calling out the mets '08 team. trust me, phills fans could care less about the mets '08 team.

ritz
04-13-2010, 02:58 PM
i'm not saying the mets didn't catch a tough break last year. just pointing out the fact that the mets fan jumped all over gimmead for saying the phill's had some depth to deal with it. i could be wrong but i think the phill's can deal with rollins being out for a few weeks.

And the Mets could've dealt with Reyes being out for a few weeks, but those few weeks turned into months, which eventually turned into the entire season. Same with Beltran, same with Delgado. Then the replacement players got hurt on top of that.

Look, I'm not making excuses. Injuries are part of the game and I'm just pointing out the fact that the Mets didn't lose complimentary players for a couple of weeks. They lost all-stars for months.

Either way, I'm taking the high road on this one before it gets bad (not with you) and the flood gates open. The argument is old and tired.

The Ooh Child
04-13-2010, 03:22 PM
God****ingdammit!!! I know it is two weeks, but Jimmy got off to a great start. This could **** with his rhythm once he gets back in to the lineup.

Philly4life84
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
did u also learn which players are in which divisions?

heathonater
04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
rollins should take it easy for awhile because those type of injuries could linger for a whole season.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2010, 04:27 PM
lol the Phillies last year basically lost Rollins/Hamels/lidge because they did more to hurt the team then help them... Throw that in with not having romero all year and myers being out for the year and 50 percent of our bull pen being out last year... At one point for a long period of time the Phillies rotation was

Hamels
Moyer
Blanton
Bastardo
Lopez

and yet they still won the division and made it to the world series with a lead off hitter that had a god awful year... a closer whom couldnt close and a horrid rotation for half the year.

Losing rollins would mean very little to this team because they have to many weapons. The Phillies are basically a fantasy baseball team. They are off to the hottest start this year without their number 3 starter and 2 of their best bull pen arms and their closer.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
rollins should take it easy for awhile because those type of injuries could linger for a whole season.

Agreed... even if its minor they should let him rest. They will be fine without him so there would be no reason to rush him back... Thats what they are doing with lidge right now as well... He is still several weeks away. The Phillies will be fine for a few weeks then they can get Lidge/Rollins/Blanton back all at once.

giants73756
04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
the Phillies last year basically lost Rollins/Hamels/lidge because they did more to hurt the team then help them...

You can't use that as a valid argument. Playing terrible is different than having an injury. Every team has players who underperform. The Mets did get really unlucky to have most of their talented players on the DL. For guys like Rollins and Lidge, it was expected to regress. Lidge converted every save the previous season, that's just not going to happen again. And Rollins is the most overrated MVP ever.

Zmaster52
04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
HAHA TIGHT JIMMY!

That's what he gets for being ignorant :)

WoodandNails
04-13-2010, 06:34 PM
HAHA TIGHT JIMMY!

That's what he gets for being ignorant :)

Then I guess that means you'll be getting hit by a truck the next time you cross a street. :)

Just sayin'.

whitesoxfan83
04-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Meh, he's overrated, who cares, the Phillies lineup will be fine without him.

Zmaster52
04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Then I guess that means you'll be getting hit by a truck the next time you cross a street. :)

Just sayin'.

Haha :)

I've got hit by a car 3 times...and i'm 13.

Ive had practice :p

bmanjones
04-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Haha :)

I've got hit by a car 3 times...and i'm 13.

Ive had practice :p

karma is a *****

More-Than-Most
04-13-2010, 06:52 PM
You can't use that as a valid argument. Playing terrible is different than having an injury. Every team has players who underperform. The Mets did get really unlucky to have most of their talented players on the DL. For guys like Rollins and Lidge, it was expected to regress. Lidge converted every save the previous season, that's just not going to happen again. And Rollins is the most overrated MVP ever.

:facepalm: What does that have to do with anything???

giants73756
04-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Well it means he wasn't going to live up to expectations. He's bad.

Zmaster52
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
:facepalm: What does that have to do with anything???

The answer to your question would be...It doesn't :)

WoodandNails
04-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Well it means he wasn't going to live up to expectations. He's bad.

He's not bad, he just isn't a top player in the league. He still plays great defense and is a third tier shortstop in the league.