PDA

View Full Version : Tyreke Evans just became the 4th rookie in history to average 20 5 and 5 as a rookie

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Just scored his 24th point to clinch it with one game remaining. He joins Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan, and Lebron James as the other players to accomplish the feat.

HoopsDrive
04-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Grats to Tyreke, ROY for sure.

AI4MVP
04-13-2010, 12:17 AM
hes going to be legendary

Toenail Clipper
04-13-2010, 12:19 AM
I always feel like I don't see him as ROY for some reason.

sacgiants1213
04-13-2010, 12:19 AM
he's horrible. He can't make 3 pointers.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-13-2010, 12:20 AM
ROY and a future superstar indeed. :)

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 12:20 AM
I always feel like I don't see him as ROY for some reason.

Look harder.

Toenail Clipper
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Look harder.

But Stephen Curry is blocking my view

tredigs
04-13-2010, 12:24 AM
That's pretty impressive. I'd like to see him not have a negative +- and develop his shot before I'm ready to name him King of the World though.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Damn thats pretty amazing.

AI4MVP
04-13-2010, 12:25 AM
i just dont see him not winnning ROY. its not realistic

jackdawson
04-13-2010, 12:26 AM
wow!! Look at the other 3 members of this club. That definately indicates Reke's future.

momoneyyyy
04-13-2010, 12:26 AM
jamal mashburn thinks jennings is roy over evans and curry what a dumb***

fadedmario
04-13-2010, 12:31 AM

Mashburn needs to have his head checked. Jennings is a good player but he don't have fans and the league talking like Curry/Evans. If Curry would have started better he would have won it for sure. Evans has been consistent all year though, he'll win it. Both are amazing.

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
curry is the first rookie ever to avg 45fg% 40%3pt and 85+ft%...

and he's now the all time leading 3pt maker for a rookie...

yet there's no thread about that...

and on top of that he's the third leading thief in the league...

sw20
But Stephen Curry is blocking my viewYea that's because Curry is 2nd in line. Look past him and you'll see Tyreke's 1st in line collecting his ROY.

AI4MVP
damnnn. think about how good the grizzlies would have been if they were smart!!1

clippers-blake griffin
grizzlies-tyreke evans
thunder-hasheem thabeet
kings-ricky rubio

then ricky rubio would have received enough money to b able to get his buy out and come to the US :(

AI4MVP
04-13-2010, 12:34 AM
and whatever the most assists per game is the record for a rookie, rubio would have broken that

tredigs
04-13-2010, 12:36 AM

But he can't drive with as much force as Evans!!

and whatever the most assists per game is the record for a rookie, rubio would have broken that

You're too high on Rubio, dude. The guy averages 6pts and 4asts a game off 37% shooting in Europe. Plays at least 20 minutes a night. Great passer, but he is not going to be as special as you think.

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 12:37 AM

lol...

yet he somehow manages to score with more efficiency...

i realize you were being sarcastic...i think

tredigs
04-13-2010, 12:40 AM
lol...

yet he somehow manages to score with more efficiency...

i realize you were being sarcastic...i think

[I was]. Kings homers like to crack on Curry by saying "but he can't shoot 3s!" when people jock Tyreke. Saying it as if that is the only weakness in Evans game compared to Steph. I laugh at it, and they'll get their boys ROY award, but they're not getting the best rookie in the draft.

sacgiants1213
04-13-2010, 12:43 AM
[I was]. Kings homers like to crack on Curry by saying "but he can't shoot 3s!" when people jock Tyreke. Saying it as if that is the only weakness in Evans game compared to Steph. I laugh at it, and they'll get their boys ROY award, but they're not getting the best rookie in the draft.

I'm assuming you were referring to me but i think im right. Tyreke can't shoot 3's. His percentage indicates that pretty well IMO. I don't know how hard it is to understand that.

GSRaider
04-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Evans and Curry for Co-ROY

AI4MVP
04-13-2010, 12:45 AM

You're too high on Rubio, dude. The guy averages 6pts and 4asts a game off 37% shooting in Europe. Plays at least 20 minutes a night. Great passer, but he is not going to be as special as you think.

the european game is much differenet. stats cant get inflated. even lebron wouldnt have great stats in europe.

and yeah his court vision, basketball iq, and passing is THAT special

tredigs
04-13-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm assuming you were referring to me but i think im right. Tyreke can't shoot 3's. His percentage indicates that pretty well IMO. I don't know how hard it is to understand that.

It's a phrase I've seen plenty of times on here, was referring to anyone who says it sarcastically. And yes, he's horrible at threes, and Steph is the best rookie ever at them -- so it's a stark contrast -- but I don't think it's the only thing that Steph has on Reke by a ways. Two insanely talented guards though, glad the bay got 'em both.

the european game is much differenet. stats cant get inflated. even lebron wouldnt have great stats in europe.

and yeah his court vision, basketball iq, and passing is THAT special

Yes, LBJ's WOULD be that great in Europe. You're right that his vision/iq/passing is that special, but unless he can develop drastically in the other aspects, it will not outweigh his faults. Which are shooting, strength on the ball, rebounding, penetrating, to name a few.

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 12:49 AM

Then go make a thread on it I'm not stopping you, nor is anybody else. This thread is about Tyreke Evans' achievement though, not Stephen Curry.

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 12:54 AM

i don't think thats fair to say at all...first of all he's basically still a high schooler...and second of all statistics do not translate from europe to nba...look at some of the succesful europeans in the nba's stats from when they played in europe and they are often pretty underwhelming too.

AI4MVP
04-13-2010, 01:02 AM
also, i never said anything about other parts of his game. i said he was gunna break the assists record. which is just passing. but his three point shooting is improving greatly and so is his craftiness to get to the basket. he won defense player of the year in Spain. He hustles on D and gives his all. he IS the spanish Jason Kidd.

also, assists are rewarded much more strictly in europe. most passes that are counted as assists in the nba are not assists in euro league, so he would average alot more in the nba, plus he would be soo much more dangerous with the nba bigger courts and space

td0tsfinest
04-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Those are some big names, Tyreke Evans just joined. I'm excited to see what the kid does next year.

td0tsfinest
04-13-2010, 01:10 AM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474553

29$JerZ
04-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Hopefully he doesn;t hit a wall next season, sky is the limit for him if he develops a more rounded offensive game and keeps his mentality on D.

Raph12
04-13-2010, 01:36 AM
They call him mini-Lebron, problem is, he'll probably be playing in Lebron's shadow his whole career... Great feat for the guy though, congratz to him.

G-Bay New J
04-13-2010, 02:18 AM
The scary thing about Evans is that he is still no where near as good as he can be. Especially on offense.

Sadds The Gr8
04-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Nice. He'll be a great player but I think he'll be more successful he slides to the 2 spot permanently like Wade did.

billy17
04-13-2010, 02:22 AM
Does the opposition defend Curry with their best defender every night?

Tyreke is his own, hes something special. Hes shown ridiculous composure consistently throughout the season, taking on everyone the league had to offer. And hes shown the ability to take over games and work wonders in the clutch.

G-Bay New J
04-13-2010, 02:30 AM
They call him mini-Lebron, problem is, he'll probably be playing in Lebron's shadow his whole career... Great feat for the guy though, congratz to him.

Nopeeee T-Will is Mini LeBron

tredigs
04-13-2010, 02:37 AM
Nopeeee T-Will is Mini LeBron

Unfortunately for my fantasy team, Terrence Williams doesn't know how to steal, block, or shoot the basketball. But if he gets 35+ minutes than he's always going to be a threat for a double/double with 5 or 6 assists.

ripjhb18
04-13-2010, 02:39 AM
What a homer thread :rolleyes:

This belongs in the Kings forum. This isn't big or important news at all. Curry breaking some shooting percentage records on a crazy offensive team, thats some news.

rick66ankiel24
04-13-2010, 02:40 AM
That's pretty impressive. I'd like to see him not have a negative +- and develop his shot before I'm ready to name him King of the World though.

hes playing pg in the nba, but hes not a distributor. he doesnt look for his teammates, he can't shoot well but thats still his first thought whenever he touches the ball.

i think steph should win it.. i would go w/ jennings but he shoots way too much and misses way too many. he's pretty selfish too

CityofTreez
04-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Look harder.

He can't. He roots for the Clippers.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474553

Pawned :laugh2:

This belongs in the Kings forum. This isn't big or important news at all. Curry breaking some shooting percentage records on a crazy offensive team, thats some news.

My balls sting. Now that's newsworthy!

G-Bay New J
04-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Unfortunately for my fantasy team, Terrence Williams doesn't know how to steal, block, or shoot the basketball. But if he gets 35+ minutes than he's always going to be a threat for a double/double with 5 or 6 assists.

16ppg 7apg 7.5rpg over the past month or more :)

And he'll dunk it on anyones head. Once he gets that jump shot down, he's gonna be scaryyyy :)

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 02:46 AM

shooting pct's don't fluctuate depending on pace...raw numbers do...

:facepalm:

ZebraCity916
04-13-2010, 03:15 AM
hes playing pg in the nba, but hes not a distributor. he doesnt look for his teammates, he can't shoot well but thats still his first thought whenever he touches the ball.

i think steph should win it.. i would go w/ jennings but he shoots way too much and misses way too many. he's pretty selfish too

You don't know what you're talking about. Just letting you know.

ragee
04-13-2010, 03:30 AM
:clap:

Dude, to be in the same category with those 3 is just amazing... MJ and Oscar Robertson are probably in the top 10 players of all time... Lebron can be in that too...

tredigs
04-13-2010, 03:32 AM
16ppg 7apg 7.5rpg over the past month or more :)

And he'll dunk it on anyones head. Once he gets that jump shot down, he's gonna be scaryyyy :)

14.9ppg - 6.6rpg - 5.5apg on 43% shooting (which is actually a really good % for him) in 32 min/g over the past month.

Not quite 16/7/7, but still solid. Freak athlete f'sure.

sacgiants1213
04-13-2010, 04:04 AM
SACRAMENTO, CA, April 12, 2010 ---- Sacramento Kings rookie guard Tyreke Evans joined Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan, and LeBron James as the only players in NBA history to average 20 points, five rebounds, and five assists per game in their rookie seasons. Evans entered tonight’s contest against the Houston Rockets needing 24 points and accomplished the feat with two made free throws with 6:46 left in the fourth quarter.

“I don’t think we need the numbers to validate what a great season Tyreke has had,” Kings Head Coach Paul Westphal said. “He’s been the most consistent rookie I’ve ever been around. The 20-5-5 is really just icing on the cake for what a complete ballplayer he is and what a mature ballplayer he is. I’m sure it won’t be the last time he achieves all those milestones.”

A candidate for NBA Rookie of the Year, Evans also joins LeBron James and Kobe Bryant as the only players this season to average more than 20 points, five rebounds, and five assists. Evans also becomes only the seventh player in the last five years to accomplish the feat.

Evans leads the Kings in scoring and assists, the only rookie this season to lead his team in both categories. He is the only rookie in the Sacramento era to lead the team in scoring and only the fourth player to lead the Kings in assists in a season. Evans has established himself as one of the premier rookies this season, posting 41 20-point games, tops among rookies. He has also scored 30 or more points on four occasions. On March 10, against the Toronto Raptors, Evans became the first rookie in the Sacramento era to record a triple-double with 19 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists. Evans narrowly missed getting triple-doubles in two other games, falling just one assist shy in one game and one rebound short in another.

Evans began his rookie season winning back-to-back Western Conference T-Mobile Rookie of the Month awards for October/November and December. During NBA All-Star Weekend in Dallas, Evans was named the Most Valuable Player of the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge and Youth Jam in helping lead the Rookies over the Sophomores.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/goal_accomplished_2010_04_12.html

Chronz
04-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Neat benchmark but its time we got over these kind of arbitrary marks.

kikeyanez
04-13-2010, 05:34 AM
curry an evens should be co rookies of the year

save the knicks
04-13-2010, 07:44 AM
way to lead your team to the promised land!

Oh wait this isn't a Jennnings thread:facepalm:

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 07:58 AM
way to lead your team to the promised land!

Oh wait this isn't a Jennnings thread:facepalm:

You mean Andrew Bogut and Scott Skiles?

save the knicks
04-13-2010, 08:09 AM
im certainly not talking about Spencer Hawes and Paul Westfall

Iodine
04-13-2010, 08:13 AM
shooting pct's don't fluctuate depending on pace...raw numbers do...

Your logic is ****ing amazing!

Edit: Ill humor your thought actually
So corey maggette putting up his best two shooting seasons when he goes over 20 MPG is a fluke?
The difference in 20+ MPG seasons for MP is 48% (GS) to 43%(orlando)
In seasons where he plays more than 10+ MPG Ike Diogu goes from 52%(GS) to under 50% in the other two
Im to lazy to find more

eso
04-13-2010, 08:15 AM
im down with the co rookie idea.. turned out to be a damn good rookie class.

FlakeyFool
04-13-2010, 08:42 AM
i just dont see him not winnning ROY. its not realistic

not realistic? Did he not just average 20 5 and 5 this season? :facepalm:

Iodine
04-13-2010, 08:43 AM

But dude, he plays for a horrible team lulz!

J-Relo
04-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Mashburn needs to have his head checked. Jennings is a good player but he don't have fans and the league talking like Curry/Evans. If Curry would have started better he would have won it for sure. Evans has been consistent all year though, he'll win it. Both are amazing.

lets add team record into consideration as well (as MVP)...

Curry < Evans (both teams... you know...)

Jennings...

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 10:44 AM

So corey maggette putting up his best two shooting seasons when he goes over 20 MPG is a fluke?
In seasons where he plays more than 10+ MPG Ike Diogu goes from 52%(GS) to under 50% in the other two
Im to lazy to find more

pace and mpg are two entirely different things...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-13-2010, 10:46 AM

blind

Iodine
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
pace and mpg are two entirely different things...

No ****...............

Cool though, I mean I totally should weigh seasons players play like 7 MPG when they play fourteen games the same as one where they play 22 MPG on 77 games

And if I didnt know what Pace was why on earth would I use GS compared to slower teams?

Oh wait, sorry forgot that since I proved you wrong you have to try to diffuse my facts

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
blind

yes i'm blind because at that time i hadn't come across that thread...

Iodine
04-13-2010, 10:49 AM
yes i'm blind because at that time i hadn't come across that thread...

You have posted in that thread............

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
No ****...............

Cool though, I mean I totally should weigh seasons players play like 7 MPG when they play fourteen games the same as one where they play 22 MPG on 77 games

And if I didnt know what Pace was why on earth would I use GS compared to slower teams?

Oh wait, sorry forgot that since I proved you wrong you have to try to diffuse my facts

dude...chill the **** out...jesus christ...:rolleyes:...

find something more important in life to get infuriated over...

and i'm completely lost in what you're trying to say in the bolded part..

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
You have posted in that thread............

good job...i discovered the thread afterwards...do you think i'm lying or something...lol

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Im to lazy to find more

al harrington's pct's went up when he moved to the knicks from the warriors...

yes, the knicks play in a slower pace than the warriors....

stephen jackson's pct's are up this year with the bobcats than they were with the warriors in 2 previous years..

you haven't proven anything

and corey maggette is about the worst example you could ever use...the guy plays a style that does not benefit from a fastbreak system at all. he only touches the ball in half court sets...where he iso's..

he's just having an anomaly of a season right now...

sw20
04-13-2010, 11:04 AM
not realistic? Did he not just average 20 5 and 5 this season? :facepalm:i think you read him wrong. he said it's not realistic that tyreke does not get the ROY.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2010, 11:14 AM
I love Evans. Everytime I've seen him he just looks like a star. He can physically dominate a game just like LeBron. He's a top 10 player in the league guaranteed with top 5 and MVP potential. Kings are lucky to have him. Now you have to figure out how to build around him. I'm not sure trading Kevin Martin was a good start.

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I love Evans. Everytime I've seen him he just looks like a star. He can physically dominate a game just like LeBron. He's a top 10 player in the league guaranteed with top 5 and MVP potential. Kings are lucky to have him. Now you have to figure out how to build around him. I'm not sure trading Kevin Martin was a good start.

there's no way in hell evans is a top 10 player in the league...

he doesn't even a have a positive +/-...

players better than him for sure...

lebron, nash, kobe, tim duncan, melo, kevin durant, wade, paul, deron williams, brandon roy, pau, dwight...

i could go on for much longer but my point is made

CityofTreez
04-13-2010, 11:31 AM
If Tyreke gets snubbed out of Rookie of the year, then the voters deserve a kick in the arse!

I would rather have a player that drives to the rim and dishes to his compadres, instead of a player that rears back and shoots (Curry)! I would also rather have a player that is humble, instead of a player who poses in GQ and makes a complete mockery of himself (Jennings).

Thank You Clippers
Thank You Grizzlies
Thank You Thunder

Sox72
04-13-2010, 11:35 AM
I can only imagine how many opinions of him in this thread would be different if he played somewhere that the national media gave any attention to at all.

Randy West
04-13-2010, 12:13 PM

lebron, nash, kobe, tim duncan, melo, kevin durant, wade, paul, deron williams, brandon roy, pau, dwight...

I kind of understand but think about this.

Only three players in the NBA this season avg 20/5/5

One was Kobe
Two was LeBron
Three is Evans

If you don't think that is impressive just stop posting because you have no idea what you are talking about.

alencp3
04-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Next season: 24 6 6
Future superstar
Top 3 player (KD and LBJ)
LEGENDARY HOF

AI4MVP
04-13-2010, 12:59 PM

bro u read me wrong. i said i DONT see him NOT winning ROY. as in i realistically cannot see the award going to anyone but Tyreke Evans, even though Stephen Curry is showing he could be one of the best point guards in the league

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 01:08 PM

I think he meant he has the potential to be.

jimbobjarree
04-13-2010, 01:46 PM
If Tyreke gets snubbed out of Rookie of the year, then the voters deserve a kick in the arse!

I would rather have a player that drives to the rim and dishes to his compadres, instead of a player that rears back and shoots (Curry)! I would also rather have a player that is humble, instead of a player who poses in GQ and makes a complete mockery of himself (Jennings).

Thank You Clippers
Thank You Grizzlies
Thank You Thunder

not that we did anything, but can we get a thank you too?

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 01:51 PM

Thank you Jazz for giving us Paul Millsap turnaround 3 pointers.

jimbobjarree
04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Thank you Jazz for giving us Paul Millsap turnaround 3 pointers.

hell yeah..at the buzzerrrr!!!!

KnicksorBust
04-13-2010, 03:17 PM

I meant that I guarantee he will be a top 10 player with his potential and has a good shot at being a top 5 player in the league.

jimbobjarree
04-13-2010, 04:07 PM
outrage I say!

CityofTreez
04-13-2010, 04:08 PM

Thanks for allowing John Stockton to play his last game in Arco Arena! That's It!

DirkIsTheBest
04-13-2010, 04:17 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

AI4MVP
04-13-2010, 04:28 PM
how the **** do u facepalm someones prediction that tyreke will be a top 10 player in the league when he just did something that only oscar robertson, michael jordan, and lebron james did? i facepalm your life.

JonnyBrav000
04-13-2010, 04:35 PM

Of course he's going to have a negative +/-
He plays for the Kings for hardly ever win... can't have a positive +/- if your team is going to lose buddy. Anyway he's deserving of the award, as much as I like Curry, Evans is the better player.

Vinny642
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Congrats to the Rookie of the Year, Tyreke Evans, he will be good... better yet GREAT!

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM
He plays for the Kings for hardly ever win... can't have a positive +/- if your team is going to lose buddy. Anyway he's deserving of the award, as much as I like Curry, Evans is the better player.

I remember last year a guy named Kevin Durant got a lot of **** for having a negative +/-.

D Roses Bulls
04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
how the **** do u facepalm someones prediction that tyreke will be a top 10 player in the league when he just did something that only oscar robertson, michael jordan, and lebron james did? i facepalm your life.

that wasnt a prediction he face palmed, the guy said he is a top 10 player in the league right now and yes that deserved a face palm.

AI4MVP
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
i know ima get bashed for this, but the combo of Ricky Rubio and Kevin Martin would be better then just Tyreke Evans. Thats a fact

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 05:00 PM
i know ima get bashed for this, but the combo of Ricky Rubio and Kevin Martin would be better then just Tyreke Evans. Thats a fact

Except for when Kevin Martin misses his annual 30-35 games. And nobody can say a thing about Rubio's success in the NBA, positive or negative, till he plays a season in the NBA.

D Roses Bulls
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM

WHAT??????? you have never seen Ricky Rubio play even. how can you say that?

mpballer92
A superstar in the making.

Treke Evans should go down as one of the greatest guards of all time when it's all set and done. He's that good.

Hopefully he'll stay healthy.

DirkIsTheBest
that wasnt a prediction he face palmed, the guy said he is a top 10 player in the league right now and yes that deserved a face palm.

:clap:

tredigs
04-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Just a heads up, "buddy", your +/- isn't effected by your teams wins/losses or point differential in those losses. It's a stat that gauges how much better your team fares when you're in and out of the game. When he's in, the Kings do worse. This is something that's normal for a lot of rookies (although Curry and Jennings both have positive +/-'s). What it means is that he needs to work with his teammates better, and up his defense. Two things he's very capable of doing, just a matter of if whether he can take the next step or not to actually make his team better. Some players don't -- Monta Ellis is a player who puts up 26 - 4 -5 but doesn't help his team -- and others do; Kevin Durant. Though I don't see him as ever being as impactful as a player like KD, but who really knows. He definitely has a few things in common with Wade.

Young and Stupid
04-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Just a heads up, "buddy", your +/- isn't effected by your teams wins/losses or point differential in those losses. It's a stat that gauges how much better your team fares when you're in and out of the game. When he's in, the Kings do worse. This is something that's normal for a lot of rookies (although Curry and Jennings both have positive +/-'s).

I don't think you understand how +/- works.

GarlicStench
04-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Its all about Curry. He has way more game than Reke. Plus Reke only goes to his right, and has nooooooooo jumper. He gets by on size not skill. CURRY is the ROY!!!!!!!!!!!

tredigs
04-13-2010, 05:30 PM

Lmao oh no? Enlighten me --

drama1386
04-13-2010, 05:38 PM
congrats to tyreke. he is an awesome player and is only gonna get better, which is scary...

Iodine
04-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Lol @ tredigs not knowing how it works

KnicksorBust
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I didn't mean to say he's a top 10 player in the league. ALRIGHT? I MEANT TO SAY HE'S THE ****ING GREATEST OF ALL TIME AND HE WILL **** ON LEBRON'S CHEST BEFORE HIS CAREER IS OVER.

tredigs
04-13-2010, 06:05 PM

Jesus. Somebody explain how it matters whether or not your team is a winner in relation to what your +/- is then.

Here's a fake example off the top of my head:

The Bulls with Joakim Noah on the floor average a negative 3 points per 100 possessions. On the other hand, without Joakim on the floor, they fall to an average of negative 9 points per 100 possessions. Therefore his +/- is POSITIVE 6. This is how a player who plays on a losing team can still have a positive +/-

Get it?

Randy West
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM

So being that James and Kobe and Tyreke are the only three players in the league this season to average 20/5/5 where exactly does he rank??

James did it and I am sure he is top ten.

Kobe did it and I am sure he is in the top 10.

Tyreke does it and he sucks??

How exactly is that possible?

Young and Stupid
04-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Jesus. Somebody explain how it matters whether or not your team is a winner in relation to what your +/- is then.

Here's a fake example off the top of my head:

The Bulls with Joakim Noah on the floor average a negative 3 points per 100 possessions. On the other hand, without Joakim on the floor, they fall to an average of negative 9 points per 100 possessions. Therefore his +/- is POSITIVE 6. This is how a player who plays on a losing team can still have a positive +/-

Get it?

:yawn: Thats not how +/- works lol...

Plus/minus is exactly what it sounds like, it isn't the difference bewteen when Player A is on the floor and when Player A is off the floor. It's the difference in score when Player A is on the floor.

For instance, Player A's season +/- is +150. This means that when Player A is on the floor his team scores 150 more points than the opposition.

Star players on losing teams often have negative +/- because it doesn't measure a player individually, instead it measures the team as a whole (more specifically, the 5 players on the floor). Ergo, +/- is not an effective method for evaluating how valuable a player is to his team. I agree that Evans has to improve his defense and he does have a tendency to hog the ball despite his assist numbers, but plus/minus holds no validity when evaluating individual players on poor teams.

Get it?

Iodine
04-13-2010, 06:39 PM
So you just tried to say tredigs said was wrong by saying what tredigs was wrong

If that wasnt such a big post you would win FoTY

billy17
04-13-2010, 06:40 PM

Im not even going to elaborate on Curry cause I understand your argument for him and trust me, im a fan, and hes a star.

The thing that makes Tyreke special is that he does things in a way not many people have before. Its his combination of size, agility and ball handling that allow him to get to the rim at will and showcase his ability to finish. You cant deny the fact that he can finish at the rim like no other. His body control makes him almost unstoppable. Its not as simple as driving with force.

Just a heads up, "buddy", your +/- isn't effected by your teams wins/losses or point differential in those losses. It's a stat that gauges how much better your team fares when you're in and out of the game. When he's in, the Kings do worse. This is something that's normal for a lot of rookies (although Curry and Jennings both have positive +/-'s). What it means is that he needs to work with his teammates better, and up his defense. Two things he's very capable of doing, just a matter of if whether he can take the next step or not to actually make his team better. Some players don't -- Monta Ellis is a player who puts up 26 - 4 -5 but doesn't help his team -- and others do; Kevin Durant. Though I don't see him as ever being as impactful as a player like KD, but who really knows. He definitely has a few things in common with Wade.

Lets be honest, the Warriors have a few more scoring options, in a score first gameplan (I dont necessarily agree that his stats are due soley to their offense). Theyve both picked up the playmaking ability/stats since the allstar break or so.. and I would go as far as to say I think Tyreke is a top flight playmaker. IMO hes shown the most playmaking improvement in seeing the floor as he makes his move, hes been great at finding guys just as the double team comes.

Up his defense.. :eyebrow:

tredigs
04-13-2010, 06:40 PM
:yawn: Thats not how +/- works lol...

Plus/minus is exactly what it sounds like, it isn't the difference bewteen when Player A is on the floor and when Player A is off the floor. It's the difference in score when Player A is on the floor.

For instance, Player A's season +/- is +150. This means that when Player A is on the floor his team scores 150 more points than the opposition.

Star players on losing teams often have negative +/- because it doesn't measure a player individually, instead it measures the team as a whole (more specifically, the 5 players on the floor). Ergo, +/- is not an effective method for evaluating how valuable a player is to his team. I agree that Evans has to improve his defense and he does have a tendency to hog the ball despite his assist numbers, but plus/minus holds no validity when evaluating individual players on poor teams.

Get it?

Now I get your confusion.

You're trying to use the archaic version that only behind-the-time sites like NBA.com will still use. It has been developed to account for this. Check out statistically minded sites such as 82games.com.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910GSW.HTM

Still not a perfect stat, but it's much better than the outdated version, and explains why you guys don't know wth I'm talking about.

Bruno
04-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Elite company. Too bad Sac-town couldn't have landed a legit big in return for Martin.

Randy West
04-13-2010, 06:49 PM
why even bother

Young and Stupid
04-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Now I get your confusion.

You're trying to use the archaic version that only behind-the-time sites like NBA.com will still use. It has been developed to account for this. Check out statistically minded sites such as 82games.com.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910GSW.HTM

Still not a perfect stat, but it's much better than the outdated version, and explains why you guys don't know wth I'm talking about.

Ok, you're using adjusted +/- that's a more effective stat, although it does have some flaws. Sorry I guess I should have clarified whether you were using adjusted plus/minus or regular plus/minus.

Adjusted +/- is still flawed when using it for a player like Evans because of the structure of the Kings team.

Randy West
04-13-2010, 06:52 PM
It still does not matter how well the team does.

It does not matter about +/- while on the floor.

The comparison is with the PLAYERS, not the teams record, not the teams style of offense.

Hawkeye15
04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
with these numbers in front of you, you are an idiot if you vote Curry or Jennings ROY over him. Tyreke has been a rock since day 1, and with the company he just joined, he isn't etching a solid to great career like Curry or Jennings, he is etching a possible superstar career.

NaccAttack11
04-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Grant Hill averaged 19.9-6.4-5 as a rookie lol

danbuc0101
04-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Im not saying tyreke doesn't deserve it but, you should also look at the fact that tryeke is the only player on the kings who puts up any points and takes most of there shots. Curry has had to deal with monta who is averaging 25 a game and maggette averaging 20 a game. Who are also some of the biggest ball hogs in the entire league. The next player after tryeke on kings is averaging like 12 a game. Curry wasnt given a full shot at the beginning of the year also. It was tryekes team the second he was drafted.

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
grant hill averaged 19.9-6.4-5 as a rookie lol

So close.

Hawkeye15
04-13-2010, 07:40 PM
the argument that a player puts up numbers on a bad team, or only because there is no other option is false. It is actually harder to put up good, efficient numbers in these scenarios, because the opposition has nobody else but that player to key into. If Tyreke were on an elite team, he would still be ridiculously good, and very efficient. If you play with another player who scores a ton, and garners attention, this should actually help your efficiency, so claiming Curry is being hurt by Monta, or any other chucker on GS is also false.

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 07:42 PM
the argument that a player puts up numbers on a bad team, or only because there is no other option is false. It is actually harder to put up good, efficient numbers in these scenarios, because the opposition has nobody else but that player to key into. If Tyreke were on an elite team, he would still be ridiculously good, and very efficient. If you play with another player who scores a ton, and garners attention, this should actually help your efficiency, so claiming Curry is being hurt by Monta, or any other chucker on GS is also false.

Exactly. Every time Tyreke drives, there are 3 or 4 players on the other team around him. Teams put their best wing defender on him every game and the entire gameplan to stop him. Despite this, he stayed consistent and got better as a playmaker as the season went on. Defenses didn't figure him out, or if they did, it doesn't matter.

Kakaroach
04-13-2010, 08:00 PM
I love Brandon Jennings, but TyFreak is on a whole nother level. Just give him the ROY now.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2010, 09:37 PM
http://www.82games.com/0910/0910SAC.HTM
and more specifically
http://www.82games.com/0910/09SAC4.HTM

The Kings net per 100 possesions with Evans on the court is -6.8 and with him off the court they are only -0.4. That is a net LOSS of 6.4. With him on the court their defense gets slightly worse and their offense gets significantly worse. VERY interesting.

Chronz
04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Ok, you're using adjusted +/- that's a more effective stat, although it does have some flaws. Sorry I guess I should have clarified whether you were using adjusted plus/minus or regular plus/minus.

Adjusted +/- is still flawed when using it for a player like Evans because of the structure of the Kings team.

Hes not using adjusted +/-, thats NET +/-.

tredigs
04-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Hes not using adjusted +/-, thats NET +/-.

Yes.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910SAC.HTM
and more specifically
http://www.82games.com/0910/09SAC4.HTM

The Kings net per 100 possesions with Evans on the court is -6.8 and with him off the court they are only -0.4. That is a net LOSS of 6.4. With him on the court their defense gets slightly worse and their offense gets significantly worse. VERY interesting.

Exactly my point. He has Monta Ellis syndrome right now. Can and probably will be changed, he's green.

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:24 PM

Thank You Clippers
Thank You Grizzlies
Thank You Thunder

if all curry does is shoot, then why does he avg a slightly higher amount of assists...and maintains the same ast/to ratio as tyreke...

your assessment of curry is unfair, to say the least

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:29 PM
I kind of understand but think about this.

Only three players in the NBA this season avg 20/5/5

One was Kobe
Two was LeBron
Three is Evans

If you don't think that is impressive just stop posting because you have no idea what you are talking about.

yeah i don't know what i'm talking about..:rolleyes:

as if by saying tyreke is not top 10 in the nba (world) that is somehow an insult...

you can't refute a word i said...

so evans is better than kobe? better than melo? better than durant, nash, etc? because they did not average this odd 20 5 5 mark which everyone is drooling over for whatever reason.

yes its impressive, yes he's a really good player and only going to get better...

but he's not top 10. and nowhere close to it...

when will people learn that raw numbers like pts, ast's and reb's is not a good barometer for determining a players worth...

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
I think he meant he has the potential to be.

fair enough then...

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:33 PM
I remember last year a guy named Kevin Durant got a lot of **** for having a negative +/-.

because last year, while at times he was great, was overall not a very effective player...

yes he could hit 3's, he could score in bunches. but on average he was just chucking up a lot of shots, playing poor defense and not being aggressive enough...

he has improved A LOT...obviously

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:35 PM
A superstar in the making.

Treke Evans should go down as one of the greatest guards of all time when it's all set and done. He's that good.

Hopefully he'll stay healthy.

lol...dont get ahead of yourself...

the whole 20 5 5 thing is just a marketing scheme to bring attention to tyreke who's playing in a small market...

its a nice stat line but it doesn't come close to telling the entire story...

it completely excludes efficiency, defense among many other things

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 11:35 PM
because last year, while at times he was great, was overall not a very effective player...

yes he could hit 3's, he could score in bunches. but on average he was just chucking up a lot of shots, playing poor defense and not being aggressive enough...

he has improved A LOT...obviously

Durant shot 47% from the field and 42% from beyond the arc last year, I wouldn't call that inefficient. But your right, he has improved a lot between year 2 and 3.

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:37 PM

no that would be you bro...

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:40 PM

lol @ you for thinking he doesn't know how it works...he explained it perfectly...

not the brightest tool in the shed eh?

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:43 PM

tyreke is not an efficient scorer right now...he's average

DerekRE_3
04-13-2010, 11:46 PM
tyreke is not an efficient scorer right now...he's average

Right, because defenses focus their entire gameplan on him. Hawkeye is saying that if he was on a team with some talent, his efficiency would go up.

Tribe
04-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Hard to think of Evans compared to that group...but numbers dont lie

congrats to him

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Right, because defenses focus their entire gameplan on him. Hawkeye is saying that if he was on a team with some talent, his efficiency would go up.

don't disagree with that at all...

just look how efficient monta was 3 years ago with the we believe team...and look at him now...

but what i read, it seemed like hawkeye was implying that right now tyreke is already an efficient scorer when that is not the case...

Randy West
04-14-2010, 12:25 AM

as if by saying tyreke is not top 10 in the nba (world) that is somehow an insult...

so evans is better than kobe? better than melo? better than durant, nash, etc? because they did not average this odd 20 5 5 mark which everyone is drooling over for whatever reason.

yes its impressive, yes he's a really good player and only going to get better...

when will people learn that raw numbers like pts, ast's and reb's is not a good barometer for determining a players worth...

are you serious???

now I have to do a few of these as well :cry: :mad: :facepalm:

does that make my post as super cool as yours?

Numbers are what make these guys what they are. Here is a hint, the guys that have the really good numbers make the really good money at their positions.

The better numbers you get the more you are worth to your team. It is why guys like Dwight Howard make ten times more than a guy like Spencer Hawes.........he gets better numbers at his position, that in most peoples eyes would make him the better player. Being the better player, having the better numbers, that gets him the bigger check.

So yes numbers are a very important aspect in all this.

montazingmvp
04-14-2010, 12:35 AM
are you serious???

now I have to do a few of these as well :cry: :mad: :facepalm:

does that make my post as super cool as yours?

yeah thats totally what i was going for...

Numbers are what make these guys what they are. Here is a hint, the guys that have the really good numbers make the really good money at their positions.

the problem with that is you aren't looking at the right numbers...the numbers that truly signify a players worth...numbers like ast/to ratio...ts%...offensive and defensive ratings...offensive defensive win shares...you really don't know what you're talking about, so stop wasting your time.

The better numbers you get the more you are worth to your team. It is why guys like Dwight Howard make ten times more than a guy like Spencer Hawes.........he gets better numbers at his position, that in most peoples eyes would make him the better player. Being the better player, having the better numbers, that gets him the bigger check.

going by the raw numbers you're looking at...monta ellis is a top 5 player in the league...when we all know this is not true...he puts up 25 4.5 and 5
is he better than brandon roy who only puts up 21.5 4.5 and 5...no he's not even close to better than roy..

So yes numbers are a very important aspect in all this.

when did i say they weren't

DerekRE_3
04-14-2010, 12:38 AM

I don't think anyone in their right mind would put Reke in the top 10, but he has the potential to be that good, he's shown it this year. Time will tell.

montazingmvp
04-14-2010, 12:40 AM
I don't think anyone in their right mind would put Reke in the top 10, but he has the potential to be that good, he's shown it this year. Time will tell.

no doubt

Kid Fabulous
04-14-2010, 02:10 AM

so. this thread is about evans. start one bout your boy

billy17
04-14-2010, 03:19 AM
SO MUCH JEALOUSY !!!

GS got a legit scoring guard that really does it all.

SAC got a rare talent that is completely his own and was the fourth player in history to achieve this year long stat line.

Plus, Tyreke sported a sleeve tonight, and scared the living ish out of the ref and was thrown for it. Talk about wrappin it up and throwin a bow on it

caddiemaster
04-14-2010, 03:50 AM
To bad Steph Curry is so much better then tyreke at just about everything!Besides that yeah you guys got one hell of a 2 guard!Bye the way...nice job on losing almost all of your final games and finishing last in the west!We all know youll get screwed in the lottery,so don't even think about it!Were off to san francisco and a bright future!You guys can rot in the cow farts!

Hawkeye15
04-14-2010, 08:34 AM
don't disagree with that at all...

just look how efficient monta was 3 years ago with the we believe team...and look at him now...

but what i read, it seemed like hawkeye was implying that right now tyreke is already an efficient scorer when that is not the case...

he would be very efficient on a good team is what I am saying, or at the very least, on a team that had other threats to take a little heat off of him.

Iodine
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
lol @ you for thinking he doesn't know how it works...he explained it perfectly...

not the brightest tool in the shed eh?

Dude, you fail so hard, I was making fun of the guy who was trying to prove Tredigs wrong.

CityofTreez
04-14-2010, 12:26 PM
I didn't mean to say he's a top 10 player in the league. ALRIGHT? I MEANT TO SAY HE'S THE ****ING GREATEST OF ALL TIME AND HE WILL **** ON LEBRON'S CHEST BEFORE HIS CAREER IS OVER.

Finally. Someone in the NBA Fourm makes some sense!

CityofTreez
04-14-2010, 12:34 PM
To bad Steph Curry is so much better then tyreke at just about everything!Besides that yeah you guys got one hell of a 2 guard!Bye the way...nice job on losing almost all of your final games and finishing last in the west!We all know youll get screwed in the lottery,so don't even think about it!Were off to san francisco and a bright future!You guys can rot in the cow farts!

and you can drown in the Pacific Ocean after a Don nelson earthquake with the rest of the butt pirates in your vicinity. btw, the only thing that Curry posseses better than Tyreke is that lovely milf of a product Sonya Curry who cries herself to sleep knowing Dell Curry is barred from the NBA ROY voting, just ruining her sons chance even more!

You bend over when you notice Tyreke is in your realm!

MaHaRaJaH
04-14-2010, 12:37 PM

Ok, if you're considering stats alone then evans should win it. But of the 3 consistent starts, Jennings is the only one that is leading his team into the playoffs with a decent record and seed.

smith&wesson
04-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Tyrekes gonna win it fsure. You average 20 5 5 as a rookie you are the roy! Theres no question there dell can vote for his sone 10 times and jr curry still wouldnt win it. Tyrkes made history! S curry has had a nice rookie season. Its not comparable.

psdking
04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Roy roy roy roy roy

tredigs
04-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Tyrekes gonna win it fsure. You average 20 5 5 as a rookie you are the roy! Theres no question there dell can vote for his sone 10 times and jr curry still wouldnt win it. Tyrkes made history! S curry has had a nice rookie season. Its not comparable.

Well let's fair, Tyreke only joined history. It would be Steph that made it by making more threes than any rookie in the history of the NBA. Tryeke did things that other players have done before, Steph did things nobody has done before. And to do it with the efficiency that he did, it's just ridiculous.

This award would've been even more interesting had Darren Collison gotten to start for a full season. In the games he did start in Paul's absence (close to half the season) he was putting up damn near 20ppg 10apg 4rpg with extreme efficiency. Probably would've taken the award.

Dee_Edge
04-14-2010, 01:06 PM

Yep...and with 4.4 reb 5.9 ast 1.9 steals 17.2 pts...they should both get Rookie of the Year.

Hell, they both are on my fantasy team!

Great Job Reke, that's pretty awesome company!

sw20
04-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Well let's fair, Tyreke only joined history. It would be Steph that made it by making more threes than any rookie in the history of the NBA. Tryeke did things that other players have done before, Steph did things nobody has done before. And to do it with the efficiency that he did, it's just ridiculous.C'mon you're not reallly comparing Tyreke's accomplishment(only 4th rook in history with 20-5-5) with Curry's most 3pt made in rookie season? A record which was held by Rudy Fernandez. Did Blazers fans jizzed their pants when Rudy got that record like GSW fans are doing with Curry?

Would you rather joined MJ, Oscar, & LeBron in history, or beat a record set by Rudy Fernandez?

billy17
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
:horse:

35 point comebacks, numerous game winning plays, defense all day, handles like ive never seen. I dont even give a hoot about your stupid efficiency stat bull****

Im embarrassed for Warriors fans, being so ignorant and not accepting that there are better players out there.

tredigs
04-14-2010, 01:47 PM
C'mon you're not reallly comparing Tyreke's accomplishment(only 4th rook in history with 20-5-5) with Curry's most 3pt made in rookie season? A record which was held by Rudy Fernandez. Did Blazers fans jizzed their pants when Rudy got that record like GSW fans are doing with Curry?

Would you rather joined MJ, Oscar, & LeBron in history, or beat a record set by Rudy Fernandez?

It just speaks that he's a well rounded/solid player who got a ton of usage as the first option during his rookie season. It's not as if Steph didn't defecate on Rudy's rookie season as a whole, the two were not comparable. ~ 17/4.5/6 as compared to Rudy's 10/2.5/2 -- accompanied with the efficiency that Steph scores and the Nash-esque passing ability that he developed as the season progressed, I'll take his season over Reke Daddy's. The subjective numbers of "20/5/5" is clean and looks good in a box score and all, but I don't get too caught up in the old school stats like that.

:horse:

35 point comebacks, numerous game winning plays, defense all day, handles like ive never seen. I dont even give a hoot about your stupid efficiency stat bull****

Im embarrassed for Warriors fans, being so ignorant and not accepting that there are better players out there.

haha at "handles like you've never seen". He doesn't have handles comparable to the other PG that we're comparing him to RIGHT NOW! So you don't care about efficiency stats, but you do care about raw numbers with no context behind them? Gotchya. I never once said that 'Reke wasn't a boss -- he is. I'm just saying that I'd argue that he's still the 2nd best young PG in the Bay, and I've got no shortage of reasons why.

Iodine
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
tredigs change your opinion please, ive been pretty comfortable with the whole "you fail if you dont orgasm over reke" theory

tredigs
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
tredigs change your opinion please, ive been pretty comfortable with the whole "you fail if you dont orgasm over reke" theory

Hahah, no... no -- you go ahead and do that over 'reke IO, just make sure that you leave some to facialize the broad over Curry's game while you're at it.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Curry isn't a bad choice at all. But I'm looking past favorites here and picking a guy who's got it done since day one, and thats Tyreke. I don't think any of us saw him enough or knew his game enough to think he would be THIS steadily good in his first year. Props to Curry for excelling with that black hole named Monta in the back court with him. Its a shame they're both on **** franchises that have no idea what they're doing. Alot needs to be said about BJ, who's ran the show for the Bucks like pro.

Reke gets it, case closed. 20/5/5 is no joke.

AI4MVP
04-14-2010, 02:10 PM
WHAT??????? you have never seen Ricky Rubio play even. how can you say that?

how the hell do u know whether or not ive seen him play?? ive watch almost everyone of his games onlione

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-14-2010, 02:50 PM
how the hell do u know whether or not ive seen him play?? ive watch almost everyone of his games onlione

You throw that "genius" tag around quite frivolously.:eyebrow:

Not sure I can trust your sports judgement.

AI4MVP
04-14-2010, 03:08 PM
You throw that "genius" tag around quite frivolously.:eyebrow:

Not sure I can trust your sports judgement.

i know why u would think that, but i honestly dont.

the only other player that ive jumped on hard is brandon jennings, and ive said many times that i dont think that hes better then tyreke OR steph, but i like his style and swagger and killer instinct and i think he has the potential to be an all star in the league

the only point guards i see as true offensive genius' are Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, and Ricky Rubio.(not including retired legends such as magic and stockton of course)

i know there are great great points such as cp3 and deron, but they dont have the same PURE POINT GUARD instincts as Nash, Kidd, and Rubio.

The pure point guard is a dying dying breed, and im happy that in two years Rubio will come to reserect it.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-14-2010, 06:28 PM
i know why u would think that, but i honestly dont.

the only other player that ive jumped on hard is brandon jennings, and ive said many times that i dont think that hes better then tyreke OR steph, but i like his style and swagger and killer instinct and i think he has the potential to be an all star in the league

the only point guards i see as true offensive genius' are Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, and Ricky Rubio.(not including retired legends such as magic and stockton of course)

i know there are great great points such as cp3 and deron, but they dont have the same PURE POINT GUARD instincts as Nash, Kidd, and Rubio.

The pure point guard is a dying dying breed, and im happy that in two years Rubio will come to reserect it.

Ok where do I begin here?

First things first...

the only other player that ive jumped on hard is brandon jennings

...pause.

1) You placed the genius label on a young rapper (Lupe Fiasco) who's got about 1 and a half albums. A mere tac hole in the giant bulletin board we call hip hop.

2)
the only point guards i see as true offensive genius are Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, and Ricky Rubio.(not including retired legends such as magic and stockton of course)

Slighting guys like Isiah Thomas, Gary Payton, Oscar Robertson...especially Isiah (who had incredible court vision) and putting a guy who's never faced the best in the world year in and year out is NBA blasphemy.

I was lucky enough to see 80's basketball when most of the little kiddies in here we're searching for an egg and and I see nothing that leads me to believe Steve Nash is a better ''Pure" PG than Isiah Thomas at all. Even the MVP's don't do it for me b/c Zeke in his prime could have rolled off 3 championships with that Suns crew.

What's with this "Pure PG" crap anyways lol??? never liked it...I mean a guy like Walt Frazier steps on the court and runs the point effortlessly to one of the most remembered championships in league history hardly making a bad decision on the court and I bet you he's not even in your top ten "Pure Pg's" lol.

I have to use this quote again b/c its boggling my mind lol.

Do you watch Deron Williams??? Do you watch Chris Paul???? Have you ever looked at Isiah Thomas's career numbers or checked out some footage???

Now I'm not saying Kidd and Nash aren't offensive geniuses, but your man crush on Rubio has forced you to include him with guys he couldn't mix gatorade packets for at the moment. Rubio could very well be a genius, but you wouldn't know it and neither would I b/c we've never seen him dominate in an NBA season.

So what is your definition of a "PURE POINT GUARD" ?

montazingmvp
04-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Ok, if you're considering stats alone then evans should win it. But of the 3 consistent starts, Jennings is the only one that is leading his team into the playoffs with a decent record and seed.

jenning has hardly led his team...
the bucks have been succesful because they are the third best defensive team in the league...

you really think jennings has anything to do with this?

you could make a case for jennings being the leader of the bucks offense...but that wouldn't be such a good thing seeing as the bucks are a very mediocre offensive team

DerekRE_3
04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah the people that keep saying Brandon Jennings lead the Bucks to the playoffs are really shortchanging Scott Skiles and Andrew Bogut...even John Salmons.