PDA

View Full Version : Grizz Owner Not Only Intends to Keep Gay, But Offer Extension to Z-Bo This Summer

Tony_Starks
04-12-2010, 09:40 PM
"Quite frankly, Zach obviously has been a player that really has made the difference for us this year,'' Heisley said by phone. "Obviously, we want to keep him through the rest of his career. We've got some things with the players that we have to sign, like Rudy Gay and some other players, but hopefully we can work on an extension (with Randolph). I am going to talk to him.''
Heisley declined to say whether Randolph could command an extension similar to Pau Gasol's.

As for Gay and Brewer, Heisley is determined to sign both this summer. He reiterated plans to match any offer sheet that might be put down on Gay.

"We're going to do everything we can to keep him,'' Heisley said. "Everybody is writing this (junk) about how we're going to lose Rudy. But how are we going to lose him (due to the Grizzlies being able to match any offer)? I like Rudy. He's a special player. He's not a franchise player, but, if he keeps improving, I'm sure he will become one.''

:clap:Im glad to hear it. The Memphis fans have something to cheer about, they need to keep that squad together.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/12/zach-randolph-seeks-pau-gasol-like-contract-extension/

mikantsass
04-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Good for Memphis, a step in the right direction. If they can extend Gasol and Brewer for a few more years and find a legit PG, they will be a beast in 2-3 yrs

heatking
04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Imagine how much better they would have been with Pau :ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno:

td0tsfinest
04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
They'll get another draft pick this year. Thabeet is getting better. This team could possibly be a decent team come next year.

Vinny642
04-12-2010, 10:18 PM
They are moving in the right direction alright.

king4day
04-12-2010, 10:25 PM

They probably wouldn't have Randolph though.

JNA17
04-12-2010, 10:26 PM
boooooo, OJ Mayo would shine with rudy gone

Bulls_fan90
04-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Or Tyreke Evans

Tony_Starks
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
boooooo, OJ Mayo would shine with rudy gone

Naw it seems like they've developed a nice 1-2 punch. Like everybody said they just need a legit PG and both of them would be better. They're going to be sick next year though!

mzgrizz
04-13-2010, 12:05 AM
I am looking forward to next year for sure.......uh, that is IF we hold what we have!

tredigs
04-13-2010, 12:12 AM
I know they're already trying, but they should deal OJ Mayo. He's a pretty good scorer, but doesn't do much else. Complete defensive liability. Besides that, I like their team and a decision to keep Rudy.

Preuss-is-right
04-13-2010, 12:54 AM
They'll get another draft pick this year. Thabeet is getting better. This team could possibly be a decent team come next year.

How has Thabeet gotten better? Not trying to rile any feathers but he did get sent down to the D-League. I dont watch any Grizzlies games so I have no knowledge of his progress. Please enlighten me.

td0tsfinest
04-13-2010, 01:05 AM
How has Thabeet gotten better? Not trying to rile any feathers but he did get sent down to the D-League. I dont watch any Grizzlies games so I have no knowledge of his progress. Please enlighten me.

First off, Thabeet being sent down to the D-League is definitely a good step towards making the D-League similar to the minor leagues in other sports.

Thabeet has actually cracked the the Grizzlies rotation. He was barely getting any minutes at the start of the year but since being called up. He went from playing garbage time and single digit minute games to average 20 MPG since being called up.

IversonIsKrazy
04-13-2010, 01:43 AM
This is the true first step in the right direction. Its one thing to draft good players, but to hold on to them is truly a good step. If they can keep the team with a good PG, they'll be very good in 2 years.

Hellcrooner
04-13-2010, 04:20 PM
this sounds like either Oj or Marc walking out in FA Memphis does not give enough benefit to pay a Max to gay an Almost Max to randolph and then match the kind of offers those two can attract.

Hellcrooner
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
First off, Thabeet being sent down to the D-League is definitely a good step towards making the D-League similar to the minor leagues in other sports.

Thabeet has actually cracked the the Grizzlies rotation. He was barely getting any minutes at the start of the year but since being called up. He went from playing garbage time and single digit minute games to average 20 MPG since being called up.

Maybe it has somthing to do with Marc eing on a season ending injury,:rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I still find it hard to believe that they would match a 5 year, $65 million offer for Gay. But we will see I guess

SA5195
04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Good to hear for MEM.

Defenitely going in the right direction.

Toenail Clipper
04-13-2010, 05:43 PM
trade Hasheem Thabeet for Ramon Sessions!

Big Quett
04-17-2010, 08:17 AM
I still find it hard to believe that they would match a 5 year, $65 million offer for Gay. But we will see I guess

I might be in the minority here in Memphis. But if your wolves or anybody else offers that i would say do a sign n trade. Because that team will seriously regret that. He is not worth that much money.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I might be in the minority here in Memphis. But if your wolves or anybody else offers that i would say do a sign n trade. Because that team will seriously regret that. He is not worth that much money.

I know he is not. I fear though, that many 2nd tier free agents will cash in when teams that have cleared a ton of space miss out on the top few guys, and don't want to come away empty handed this summer.

Kakaroach
04-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Rudy Gay is nowhere near worth 65mill over just 5 years. I think this is why Memphis traded for my boy Ronnie Brewer - so they could have some insurance if Rudy had a gigantic offer.

As for the Z-Bo extension I think its a good idea, even if you do over-pay him. He finally kept his head on straight and put up good numbers on a decent team.

Big Quett
04-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Rudy Gay is nowhere near worth 65mill over just 5 years. I think this is why Memphis traded for my boy Ronnie Brewer - so they could have some insurance if Rudy had a gigantic offer.

As for the Z-Bo extension I think its a good idea, even if you do over-pay him. He finally kept his head on straight and put up good numbers on a decent team.

I agree about Rudy. But we traded for Ronnie because we needed bench help in a bad way. I still believe if we had any semblance of a bench we would have made the play offs. Will he be an ok back-up option if Rudy leaves yeah. But i dont think that was the main reason we got him.

And for Zach i say wait. He will be a big expiring contract next season at the deadline for teams. You never know what you can get for him. I mean T Mac got the rockets Kevin Martin along with prospects