PDA

View Full Version : Are the Heat battling the 5th seed to play Boston in Round 1 or Atlanta?

JordansBulls
04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Currently the Heat are tied with the Bucks for the 5th seed, but if they finish ahead of them they more than likely would play Boston in round 1. Is that a wise move? Would it better for the Heat to aim to play Atlanta in round 1 instead?

Raph12
04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
They'd rather see Atlanta, Boston's defense has suffocated the Heat this season.

Tony_Starks
04-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I think its a wise move. Boston is super vulnerable right now. Atlanta would be a tough team to beat in 7. They're young and can go toe for toe. Bostons looking really old right now they can run them out of the gym. Not that Im saying it would be easy but IMO its just a better matchup.

mikantsass
04-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Celtics have noone that can guard Wade.... If im Miami i want the celtics

BALLER71
04-12-2010, 08:19 PM
We beat the Hawks 3 times this year, I believe.

dwadefan03
04-12-2010, 08:23 PM

we have no one to guard rondo. id rather deal with the hawks then the celtics.

iggypop123
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM

the heat have no one to guard rondo or or allen. wade wont run around all those screens. so what does he do? guard pierce? rape. guard rondo?

SwaggaIke
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
They'd rather see Atlanta, Boston's defense has suffocated the Heat this season.

Incorrect, but you can run w/ it. I believe all three of our games against Boston have had 4th quarter battles. We blew the overtime game in Miami on a simple lob and catch. At this point I don't really care who we play, the defensive intensity still has to be the same. If we play defense we'll give ourselves a chance to win against either team.

Hoopsadvocate
04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
While most HEAT fans want to play the Hawks instead of the Celtics (mainly because of the records against them during the regular season, 3-1 & 0-3 respectively) I think the records against them are a little missleading.

Reason to play the celtics:True we were 0-3 Against the celtics but most of those games were early in the season. A time when wades supporting cast was not there and we were juggling with the rotation. Now the rotation has some stability, with Wright and Haslem solidifying the second unit. Also our bigs have become a lot more agrresive as of late JO,haslem, and Joel are not like they were in the beginning of the season where a double figure rebounding game was huge for any one of them. Now JO is getting more touches and playing hard, Haslem has been getting 12+ rebounds most of these games during the long win streak, and Joel has stepped up overall. I think they could go toe to toe with Bostons bigs. There also on the old side and some of there players arent as impactful as they once were making it easier for wade to dominate. The only problem that still persists for the HEAT in this scenario is Rondo as our pgs really cant guard him. Allen and pierce only give me slight worries but nothing like the scares the hawks players can give if they go off.

Reason not to play the Hawks: The 3-1 record is also a bit misleading. They had a few injuries for some of those games first of all. 2nd one of Beasleys best games of the season was against them and i dont want to bet on him being the x factor again because of his inconsistency. The Hawks are also a young team full of talent which i believe if utilized right could challenge anyteam in the playoffs. Lastly Jamal Crawford is a lifelong HEAT killer, hes consistently droping 20+games on us and is has the highest ppg against us all time i believe. Makes me think its way scarier to play them in the playoffs and its not like they've been playing bad lately they are just flying under the radar. i wouldnt underestimate them.

jackdawson
04-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Hawks. I would choose the Celtics all day if we had someone to stop Rondo. I know for sure he will rape Arroyo/Chalmers if the Heat decide to play them, and eventually be the difference maker.

emman03
04-12-2010, 11:46 PM
please combined the two teams the boston haws or altanta celtics either of them will kill by the heat i assure you because the momentum right now is on the heat side!

others afraid on rondo?
why you don't afraid on crawford?

who will guard allen,pierce?(joel anthony!?)

one of them will become the wade's wife and other one is Q
and if possible he gaurd pierce he can match the body of pierce
and wade will block allen on 3 going out side..

if there's no answer on rondo pls play diawara and he will injure rondo for him to stop and out!!!

ugafan
04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
please combined the two teams the boston haws or altanta celtics either of them will kill by the heat i assure you because the momentum right now is on the heat side!

others afraid on rondo?

if there's no answer on rondo pls play diawara and he will injure rondo for him to stop and out!!!

PG: Rondo
SG: Johnson
SF: Pierce
PF: Smith/Garnett
C: Perkins/Horford

with Jamal Crawford and Ray Allen of the bench would **** all over the Heat.

JordansBulls
04-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm just not sure why anyone would rather play Boston over Atlanta in any situation.

J$mo0th_3o5
04-13-2010, 12:45 AM
I don't care anymore! Give us whoever! All I know is that both teams better be ready and not take us lightly!

td0tsfinest
04-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Doesn't the Heat have a 3-1 record against the hawks this year?

IversonIsKrazy
04-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Heat-Celtics would be better. Hawks are very good, the 3-1 season series is misleading considering the injuries Hawks had. Put it this way, Miami is as good as they were last year, Hawks are better, if Hawks beat them in a seven game series last year, well i dont see it changing this year. I hope Miami can upset the Celtics in the first round, so I can watch a LeBRon - WADE semi's, damn that wud be sickkk!!!!!!!!!!

JordansBulls
04-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Heat-Celtics would be better. Hawks are very good, the 3-1 season series is misleading considering the injuries Hawks had. Put it this way, Miami is as good as they were last year, Hawks are better, if Hawks beat them in a seven game series last year, well i dont see it changing this year. I hope Miami can upset the Celtics in the first round, so I can watch a LeBRon - WADE semi's, damn that wud be sickkk!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt the Heat or anyone will upset the Celtics in round 1.

HiphopRelated
04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
The Heat's 1st goal was to avoid the 7th seed. It's not like any of the seedings were locked up

HiphopRelated
04-13-2010, 09:02 AM

how so? James Jones was the starting sf and Chalmers still can't run an offense.

Wright was also out all year.

ShockerArt
04-13-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't think it will matter too much. Either team should be able to eliminate the Heat.

J-Relo
04-13-2010, 09:03 AM

yes, for sure

Iodine
04-13-2010, 11:01 AM

others afraid on rondo?

Hellcrooner?

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Hellcrooner?

:laugh2:

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM

How would it be sick? The Heat suck and the Cavs would win in 4 or 5. Boston would give them a series.

ATX
04-13-2010, 11:21 AM
How would it be sick? The Heat suck and the Cavs would win in 4 or 5. Boston would give them a series.

(Unless Miami loses to NJ) The Heat will be 12 games over .500 with 47 wins. Since when does a team with 47 wins suck. They also will have won something like 17 of their last 20 games. Ya, they suck :rolleyes:

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 11:29 AM
(Unless Miami loses to NJ) The Heat will be 12 games over .500 with 47 wins. Since when does a team with 47 wins suck. They also will have won something like 17 of their last 20 games. Ya, they suck :rolleyes:

This. They can't win 50 in the east.

ATX
04-13-2010, 11:33 AM
This. They can't win 50 in the east.

I'm sorry the Heat aren't ELITE like your Lakers, but 47 wins isn't a team that should be labeled with the word SUCK. Obviosuly we have differing opinions of what constitutes suck. I would say any team that is below .500 is a team that sucks. While you would probably say any team that isn't the Lakers sucks.

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry the Heat aren't ELITE like your Lakers, but 47 wins isn't a team that should be labeled with the word SUCK. Obviosuly we have differing opinions of what constitutes suck. I would say any team that is below .500 is a team that sucks. While you would probably say any team that isn't the Lakers sucks.

Nope, just to a 47 win team in the East. In the West, the Heat would be under .500. They are just not that good. The Celtics are a way better team and it will show if they match up in the playoffs.

ATX
04-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Miami has won 18 (NJ) of their last 22 games. That is a 82% winning percentage since March 1st, a month and a half.

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Miami has won 18 (NJ) of their last 22 games. That is a 82% winning percentage since March 1st, a month and a half.

If the season was 18 games, they would be good. That is why they play 82, andy team can have a fluke 18 game stretch.

ATX
04-13-2010, 12:04 PM
If the season was 18 games, they would be good. That is why they play 82, andy team can have a fluke 18 game stretch.

No, not just any team can have an 82% winning percentage over the course of a month and a half. This is why I pointed this out. It shows consistency with the winning. It's not a fluke, what proves that winning 18 of 22 games to close a season is a fluke? Look Gibby, your a good poster and I don't want to argue with you over such a dumb thing such as this. You think the Heat suck, a team on a roll to finish out the season and who won 47 during the regular season, then great. I'm not saying the Heat are GREAT and will win the Ship. All I tried to point out is that they are far from your lable of a team that sucks. But You discredited them and me by saying "Any team can win a FLUKE 82% of their last month and half of the season. Ya, sure...That proves it.

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 12:29 PM
No, not just any team can have an 82% winning percentage over the course of a month and a half. This is why I pointed this out. It shows consistency with the winning. It's not a fluke, what proves that winning 18 of 22 games to close a season is a fluke? Look Gibby, your a good poster and I don't want to argue with you over such a dumb thing such as this. You think the Heat suck, a team on a roll to finish out the season and who won 47 during the regular season, then great. I'm not saying the Heat are GREAT and will win the Ship. All I tried to point out is that they are far from your lable of a team that sucks. But You discredited them and me by saying "Any team can win a FLUKE 82% of their last month and half of the season. Ya, sure...That proves it.

I just don't think they are anywhere close to the Cavs, Orlando, Atlanta, or Boston. They might not suck, but they are still a 1 round and done team in the East, and wouldn't be a playoff team out West.

JordansBulls
04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't think it will matter too much. Either team should be able to eliminate the Heat.

I actually think Milwaukee or Miami can eliminate Atlanta. Even Charlotte.

HiphopRelated
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Nope, just to a 47 win team in the East. In the West, the Heat would be under .500. They are just not that good. The Celtics are a way better team and it will show if they match up in the playoffs.

lol @ this clown commentary

Yeah, being in a division with the Clippers, Sacramento and Warriors.

The Heat would be trembling

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
lol @ this clown commentary

Yeah, being in a division with the Clippers, Sacramento and Warriors.

The Heat would be trembling

Plus the other top 8 teams in the west who all have more wins than the Heat. The Heat wouldn't be trembling, they would just be a below average team like they are now. 1 and done.

Sadds The Gr8
04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
They're both tough matchups for the Heat. I don't even think it matters who they wanna face though because the Celtics or Hawks are good teams and would beat them in 6 IMO.

ShockerArt
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I actually think Milwaukee or Miami can eliminate Atlanta. Even Charlotte.

Charlotte makes for an interesting matchup for a lot of teams. Of course, they are currently slotted for Orlando, which is one of the teams that probably won't struggle with the Bobcats.

I can't really see the Bucks giving Atlanta a hard time with Bogut sidelined.

C-TownPhantom
04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
The reason Miami's winning percentage had been so high since March is because their schedule has been WEAK. They have been playing nothing but bottom feeders for the most part, but u can't be mad at them for that tho. They are beating the teams they are suppose to. I just think they could get exposed in the playoffs as not being as great as their current streak would indicate.

ATX
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
^Except for those wins against LA and ATL.

Ragun
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
definitely atlanta.

JordansBulls
04-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Charlotte makes for an interesting matchup for a lot of teams. Of course, they are currently slotted for Orlando, which is one of the teams that probably won't struggle with the Bobcats.

I can't really see the Bucks giving Atlanta a hard time with Bogut sidelined.

They would need Bogut if they are to beat Boston, but they could beat Atlanta without Bogut

Hawkalicious
04-13-2010, 03:12 PM
They would need Bogut if they are to beat Boston, but they could beat Atlanta without Bogut

Anyone can say they "could."

The question is "will" they, and the answer is no. Charlotte is the only lower seeded team that would give Atlanta issues, and that match up won't be happening.

JordansBulls
04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Anyone can say they "could."

The question is "will" they, and the answer is no. Charlotte is the only lower seeded team that would give Atlanta issues, and that match up won't be happening.

True. I think Chicago would give Atlanta problems as well.

Iodine
04-13-2010, 05:26 PM

They dont really "need" bogut on the low block, but if they do play ATL they will get raped so damn hard

SwaggaIke
04-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Plus the other top 8 teams in the west who all have more wins than the Heat. The Heat wouldn't be trembling, they would just be a below average team like they are now. 1 and done.

YOU need to worry about Bryant getting his legs together so he can elevate and make a jumpshot. If he continues at this rate the Lakers won't make it past the 2nd round...and they to, will suck.

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 06:06 PM
YOU need to worry about Bryant getting his legs together so he can elevate and make a jumpshot. If he continues at this rate the Lakers won't make it past the 2nd round...and they to, will suck.

The Lakers will always be good. Might go through a 5 year period of rebuilding, but they will always draw a star, thats a given.

SwaggaIke
04-13-2010, 06:56 PM
The Lakers will always be good. Might go through a 5 year period of rebuilding, but they will always draw a star, thats a given.

Code for when they suck. Its funny how when the Heat are rebuilding, they suck. But when the Lakers suck, they are rebuilding. Hmmmm.

jackdawson
04-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I just don't think they are anywhere close to the Cavs, Orlando, Atlanta, or Boston. They might not suck, but they are still a 1 round and done team in the East, and wouldn't be a playoff team out West.

You need to STFU untill the first round ends.

Ethix11
04-13-2010, 07:39 PM
The HEAT took the Hawks to 7 last year. The HEATs biggest problem was consistency and thats why it was one of the oddest playoffs rounds of all time because all 7 games were blowouts. I agree that both teams have improved, but if Miami would have been this consistant from the beginning, (Hell Wade even started the season in a slump) then they could have finished with more than 50 wins easily. Most of Miami`s losses have been close ones. Atlanta is a good team, but i hope Miami faces them in the first round iŽll just leave it at that.

Gibby23
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
You need to STFU untill the first round ends.

Even if I stay quite,it still won't make the Heat any better.

kvrnm
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM
heat always atruggle against boston . .. they dont match up well,,, one of the very few teams that can still say that its starting to look like

kvrnm
04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Code for when they suck. Its funny how when the Heat are rebuilding, they suck. But when the Lakers suck, they are rebuilding. Hmmmm.

ya the lakers SUCKED that one yea when bryant lost shaq god awful