PDA

View Full Version : Video: Don't tell Kobe Bryant what he can't do

D Roses Bulls
04-12-2010, 07:05 PM
with "expert" analysis like this, it really makes you wish the NBA would go back to NBC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Don-t-tell-Kobe-Bryant-what-he-can-t-do?urn=nba,233572

kArSoN RyDaH
04-12-2010, 07:44 PM
things like this just amplify kobes greatness. =]]

xBLAMEITON24x
04-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I like abc's anaylist, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson are great imo

Tony_Starks
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Thats sick.

On another note, shouldn't Dwight Howard and the other Bigs of the league be trying to learn from Olajuwon instead of Kobe?

shep33
04-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Thats sick.

On another note, shouldn't Dwight Howard and the other Bigs of the league be trying to learn from Olajuwon instead of Kobe?

I know hey, what on earth have big men become now. Just super athletes who can't do a dropstep. Terrible... it shows how kobe is still oldschool and tries to get better every year, i don't understand why other players don't get more focused like him... i mean really your getting paid to play ball, so get better.

td0tsfinest
04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
That was pretty badass.

D Roses Bulls
04-12-2010, 08:27 PM
I like abc's anaylist, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson are great imo

man wish you could of been around when they had marv albert, bob costas, with hanna storm doing the halftime reports. it was the best.

iggypop123
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
damn look at that finger. didnt realize its that bad. how the hell does he dribble?

Highlight
04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
damn look at that finger. didnt realize its that bad. how the hell does he dribble?

That thing is freaking massive.

I don't know how the hell he even plays with that thing.

YtuMAMAtambien
04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Kobe,so now you remember you have unstoppable low post moves and can even use your left hand..Then why the hell shoot 18 foot jumpers with a broken hand for 30%?? Kobe Bryant,sometimes youre one STUPID OLD MAN...:cool:

JNA17
04-12-2010, 09:02 PM
That thing is freaking massive.

I don't know how the hell he even plays with that thing.

that's what she said :cool:

YtuMAMAtambien
04-12-2010, 09:21 PM
We all know Kobe Bryant is a great player capable of making spectacular moves. However, does that justify shooting 8 of 23 in a game the Lakers lost at home to a weaker team? Yeah, he proved his naysayer wrong, but the opposing team had the last laugh!...and this only further implifies what iv'e been saying this whole time, the lakers organization is more of what can kobe acomplish rather than what the team as a whole can! :cool:

whitesoxfan83
04-12-2010, 09:36 PM
That article is a joke, he slams Van Gundy for telling Bryant what he cant do, but had Van Gundy not told the story right after the shot Yahoo wouldnt of even picked up on this.

Props to Jeff for calling it how it is no matter how it makes him look.

Avenged
04-12-2010, 09:44 PM
that's what she said :cool:

..... To me. :p

IAmKira
04-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Heyz! i got an idea! Since ppl made a website for shannon brown to dunk in the Piece of sheit dunk contest. Why dont we make a website and call it MAKEKOBEGETTHEFHKINGSURGERY.COM!?! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hawkeye15
04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I love Van Gundy. He said it, imo, to make Kobe do it right away in a game, which he did, which is what any bad *** player would do. Mutual respect between two personalites of the sport, and funny to boot

robdog_5
04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Did he also question his FT's. Maybe he should of so Kobe could of sunk those in the end of the game.

Bruno
04-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Thats his summer workouts with The Dream paying off right htere.

G-Funk
04-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Kobe,so now you remember you have unstoppable low post moves and can even use your left hand..Then why the hell shoot 18 foot jumpers with a broken hand for 30%?? Kobe Bryant,sometimes youre one STUPID OLD MAN...:cool:

Stupid, Lakers can't play 4 guys in the post

Miltown34
04-13-2010, 10:25 AM
What seperates Kobe from other then skills, is his will to always get better, some guys u can tell that when they sign Max contracts they get lazy or they just rely on talent. Guys like Kobe that are always trying to maximize their talents like Alil, MJ, Jerry Rice all were the best but never settled for less. I know I give Kobe a hard time when, I watch the Lakers play and sometimes thinks his shot selection could be better, but in every profession in every walk of life in people tried 2 succeed or work hard as say someone like Kobe Bryant does in basketball the world would be a better place.

the_antz_nest
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
ha! that was tough. much love to JFG & Marc Jack tho

RaiderLakersA's
04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
What seperates Kobe from other then skills, is his will to always get better, some guys u can tell that when they sign Max contracts they get lazy or they just rely on talent. Guys like Kobe that are always trying to maximize their talents like Alil, MJ, Jerry Rice all were the best but never settled for less.

No doubt, it's not just that those great players continued to get better, but they continued to push themselves beyond their limits with their offseason regimens. It's one of the intangibles that you always like to see in a superstar.

While Kobe isn't quite out to pasture yet, it's clear that the league is being handed down to the new generation of superstars (best evinced by the fact that everyone now seems obsessed with finding "the next Kobe Bryant"). I hope the new superstars bring that workman-like ethic with them. That is what makes the NBA a pleasure to watch: the evolution of the players, and hence, the game.