PDA

View Full Version : End of the Thunder/Warriors game, perfect example of Thunder's destiny.

MacFitz92
04-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Did anyone see the end of the OKC Thunder-GS Warriors game? At the end of the game everyone was afraid to take the shot and looking for Kevin Durant. It was priceless. This goes to show that they have too many rookies who cannot provide enough for KD yet.

I am not saying that you don't give KD the shot at the end of the game, but it wasn't even a set play. It was like they were thinking "Where is KD, get him the ball!". They just looked paniced. Their destiny in this year's playoffs is going to be one and done. The youngsters on this team rely on KD too much.

Thoughts?

Avenged
04-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah that's how the Lakers were against Denver a couple games ago.

*Superman*
04-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Anyways. Back to my question. How many games do the Thunder have left and if both SA and Thunder tie, who wins the tie-breaker.

MacFitz92
04-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Anyways. Back to my question. How many games do the Thunder have left and if both SA and Thunder tie, who wins the tie-breaker.

SA does, and there are 2 games left.

Raph12
04-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Jeff Green has hit clutch shots for them down the stretch of 4 diff games I've watched this season.

2 games left (Blazers and Grizz), Spurs have 2 games left also (Wolves and Mavs), Spurs win the tiebreaker.

Baller1
04-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Did anyone see the end of the OKC Thunder-GS Warriors game? At the end of the game everyone was afraid to take the shot and looking for Kevin Durant. It was priceless. This goes to show that they have too many rookies who cannot provide enough for KD yet.

I am not saying that you don't give KD the shot at the end of the game, but it wasn't even a set play. It was like they were thinking "Where is KD, get him the ball!". They just looked paniced.

Thoughts?

One game, and now it's their destiny?

Aren't you the same guy that said Durant's repuatation will be tainted because he's such a complainer?

You're clueless.

DodgerBulls
04-12-2010, 12:51 AM
yep, saw the ending and I think even KD was a bit surprised that the ball was passed to him.

MacFitz92
04-12-2010, 01:13 AM

No, actually this sums up their season, and as far as destiny goes, I'm referring to their destiny this playoffs. Most likely the youngsters will lean on KD and hope he can win every game for him. This team is too young to compete with the elite, and that was what I was getting to.

JayW_1023
04-12-2010, 01:14 AM
They just showed their inexperience. It's been a cinderella season for them, but i'd be suprised to see them in the second round.

jetsfan28
04-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Jeff Green has hit clutch shots for them down the stretch of 4 diff games I've watched this season.

This. Durant does NOT take all of the clutch shots for that team.

Also, most playoff teams are either 0 or 1 and done, so that's not really much of a prediction.

robbnen#31
04-12-2010, 01:33 AM
They shouldn't have even been given a chance to hit a three to tie. There was a clear back court violation on the Thunder that the refs missed completely.

soonabooma
04-12-2010, 02:43 AM

I am not saying that you don't give KD the shot at the end of the game, but it wasn't even a set play. It was like they were thinking "Where is KD, get him the ball!". They just looked paniced. Their destiny in this year's playoffs is going to be one and done. The youngsters on this team rely on KD too much.

Thoughts?

This is why as crazy as it sounds, and believe me, I know it does.........I don't think Brooks is as good of a coach as everyone is making him out to be. I've watched every second of Thunder basketball this year, and made it out to a few games when I could. We look lost quite often in late game, crucial situations. Nothing is ever organized, nothing is ever well though out. It's all improvised like they players are the ones that have to come up with everything. We also continue to be a 24 minute team.....we're great in the 1st and 3rd quarters, but lousy in the 2nd and 4th. Sometimes it's the complete opposite, but usually it's like that. We have a hard time putting together a full 48 minute game, not becuz we're young but becuz we get lazy at times, we just lose our focus, and we get cocky, that's not an age thing, it can happen to any team and it gets ours quite often in important games....that's a lack of coaching.

We play with such a killer instinct and so much heart at times that NO team in the league wants to even be near us, but then at other times we look so flat that everybody hopes they catch us. Everybody knows how talented this team is, we've got a player as good as anybody in the league and a nice core of young guys to build around. The team chemistry is good and these guys like playing together, they really do. But to win some of the games that we win, and then to lose some of the ones we lose........there's gotta be much more to it than just a simple matter of youth/inexperience. I really do believe our players have made Brooks look better than he really is. The talent is ahead of the coaching. My money says he's extremely blessed to have such a good group that was put together by a great young GM, and that his coaching skills need to get much sharper or we're in trouble becuz talent can only take you so far. So I'm either completely crazy, or I'm a genius for figuring this out before anybody else. We're gonna know one way or the other soon enough. Do your job better Brooks.:mad:

jimbobjarree
04-12-2010, 10:15 AM
^Thunder won what, 20 games last year? I think people need to remember that, and just how young this team is, and the inexperience they have. They are well ahead of what they should be after being one of the worst teams last season, I hope the Thunder fans wont be dissapointed with their season if they are eliminated first round, 50 wins is a great season and a great turnaround for you guys. You just need to keep your patience and not expect the world from them so soon.

Carey
04-12-2010, 10:50 AM
^Thunder won what, 20 games last year? I think people need to remember that, and just how young this team is, and the inexperience they have. They are well ahead of what they should be after being one of the worst teams last season, I hope the Thunder fans wont be dissapointed with their season if they are eliminated first round, 50 wins is a great season and a great turnaround for you guys. You just need to keep your patience and not expect the world from them so soon.

Thank you for pointing this out, The average age of this team is 25. The core guys are even younger, these guys are years away from playing their best basketball. This team is ahead of schedule and people, even fans of ours are blowing things way out of proportion. Let these guys grow as players before you say what they cant do. KD will get stronger, Jeff will become a knock down perimeter shooter, Russ will extend his range and improve his floor game....How do i know this? Because they already have, these guys have gotten decidingly better since they came into the league. Just let the guys grow!

KnicksorBust
04-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I really enjoy watching the Thunder and they have GREAT young talent but I'm really hoping they make some big moves in the offseason because in my opinion the core that is constructed right now will not take them far.

td0tsfinest
04-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Hmm..Jeff Green was able to knock down some big shots against the Jazz including the game tying three to send it to over time last week.

This team is young. KD himself is young. When you look at their core players, KD is 21, Westbrook is 21, James Harden is 20 and Jeff Green is 23. This game does not define their destiny. When they get older, you can expect guys like Russell Westbrook and James Harden to start knocking down some big time shots.

Iodine
04-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah man, this team sucks so much ***, I mean so what if they are one of the youngest teams in the NBA, lack a true post up big and still win games, love playing defense, and are one of the best stories in the NBA this year.

This has to be a horrible, horrible season for them to get their first playoff appearance in OKC.

Iodine
04-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Also, most playoff teams are either 0 or 1 and done, so that's not really much of a prediction.

But dude, its THEIR DESTINY TO SUCK ***!!!!!!!

I mean come on Jayef we all know they have to suck

king4day
04-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Next year, they will likely have more confidence to not just rely on KD all the time.
Just a young team growing.

Storch
04-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I call that the "kobe syndrome."

sunnydayin'zona
04-12-2010, 11:51 AM

Aren't you the same guy that said Durant's repuatation will be tainted because he's such a complainer?

You're clueless.

dont act blind. we have seen this all this season and last season from the thunder. last year their average point difference was like -2.3, despite the lack of wins, they were all close last second games.

Anon
04-12-2010, 11:55 AM
It reminded me of the end of Cavalier games. Everybody crapping their pants trying to get the ball to Lebron and then get the hell out of the way. Double edged sword when you rely so heavily on one player however great they may be.

Giantwarrior
04-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Of course no one would want to take the last shot, that team is full of rookies. OKC is best young team in the NBA. They will only get better.

iggypop123
04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
its a young team, they dont know how valuable possessions are in the playoffs. there you just cant run and get layups. i wonder how they will respond to the pressure, the playoffs become more half court so if they just plan to emulate today and pass it to KD and let him be, they could be a 1st round exit ala the blazers last season.

Baller1
04-12-2010, 05:34 PM
dont act blind. we have seen this all this season and last season from the thunder. last year their average point difference was like -2.3, despite the lack of wins, they were all close last second games.

Act blind? Seen this all season?

I'm willing to bet that I've a watched a little more Thunder basketball than you. And yes, it's happened at times this season, but they've also responded numerous times in these situations. Jeff Green has hit multiple shots in the last 24 seconds of a game, and just last week Thabo Sefolosha was the one taking the last second shot. Did he make it? No. But everyone is blowing one game out of proportion.

Did none of you see the Utah game? That's the Thunder we've seen for a majority of the season.

soonabooma
04-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Act blind? Seen this all season?

I'm willing to bet that I've a watched a little more Thunder basketball than you. And yes, it's happened at times this season, but they've also responded numerous times in these situations. Jeff Green has hit multiple shots in the last 24 seconds of a game, and just last week Thabo Sefolosha was the one taking the last second shot. Did he make it? No. But everyone is blowing one game out of proportion.

Did none of you see the Utah game? That's the Thunder we've seen for a majority of the season.

That's becuz this was a very important game, and it was a very WINABLE game. Sorry, but Golden State is a pure scrub team, we're supposed to beat them with the style of ball we play. To jump all over them only to have that familiar meltdown is no good. Now they've put us in a very tough position where tonight becomes a must win game if we want to avoid the 8th seed......all becuz they were cocky, arrogant, overconfident, and lazy. That doesn't sit well with fans like me. We were playing GOLDEN STATE with a chance to pretty much guarantee ourselves no worse than the 7th seed, and we choked. Our players choked and our COACH choked. But hey.....who cares anyway right? GO THUNDER, let's give LA all they want.:cool:

jimbobjarree
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
^lol your talking like the Thunder are an established elite team when they simply arent. Your team is young you have to expect the occasional hiccup while they progress. I fear the Thunder fans are expecting the world from their players while they are so young, thats an awful lot of pressure your putting on guys who are still young enough to be in college and who havnt even played a minute of playoff basketball yet.

MacFitz92
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
My main point I was trying to make is this Thunder team is too young to contend this season, and their game against GS was quite laughable at the end.

tredigs
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
That's becuz this was a very important game, and it was a very WINABLE game. Sorry, but Golden State is a pure scrub team, we're supposed to beat them with the style of ball we play. To jump all over them only to have that familiar meltdown is no good. Now they've put us in a very tough position where tonight becomes a must win game if we want to avoid the 8th seed......all becuz they were cocky, arrogant, overconfident, and lazy. That doesn't sit well with fans like me. We were playing GOLDEN STATE with a chance to pretty much guarantee ourselves no worse than the 7th seed, and we choked. Our players choked and our COACH choked. But hey.....who cares anyway right? GO THUNDER, let's give LA all they want.:cool:

The Thunder as they are do not match up that well against the Warriors. GS is far from a "pure scrub" team, they just have all of their bigs sitting on the bench with injuries. But their guards can run/gun/shoot with the best in the NBA, and if your team doesn't have solid bigs to post them up and dominate the paint, then you're going to have your work cut out for you, and there's a good chance you'll lose. With the game being in GS, and the Thunder not having a solid big, I knew this game would be trouble for them.

That said, I agree with SoonaBooma to an extent that they tend to be frantic near the end of close games, although they've still pulled out quite a few game winning surges this year. Like people have been saying, they're a very young team that's developing before your eyes, and there is always going to be ups and downs as a team progresses. We'll see if these regular season missteps can refocus them and prepare them better come late April. They're right there.

iggypop123
04-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Bump:)

tredigs
04-13-2010, 12:43 AM
With the loss in Portland tonight, OKC is guaranteed the 8 seed.

Thunder vs. Lakers in round 1 of the WCF. Thunder have their hands full, but this isn't a cake walk for LA. I'm pretty excited for this series.

iggypop123
04-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Thunder vs. Lakers in round 1 of the WCF. Thunder have their hands full, but this isn't a cake walk for LA. I'm pretty excited for this series.

lakers won 3 out of 4, the last one was lost with no bynum playing. wont be a sweep but far from a scare to the lakers.

soonabooma
04-13-2010, 04:37 AM
^lol your talking like the Thunder are an established elite team when they simply arent. Your team is young you have to expect the occasional hiccup while they progress. I fear the Thunder fans are expecting the world from their players while they are so young, thats an awful lot of pressure your putting on guys who are still young enough to be in college and who havnt even played a minute of playoff basketball yet.

People in Oklahoma like to WIN, and win BIG. Don't let the fact that this is our first pro franchise fool you....the people here know their sports and they love their sports. Winning matters here. They'll get their fair share of patience from the fans, everybody is real proud of them for what they've done.....but after this season is officially over, it's time to get to work. Our players need to grow up quite a bit, and our coach needs to get much sharper, becuz he's far from being a finished product. But if everything goes like we think it can, we'll be quite happy with the results in the next couple of years. We're trying to build something special here, and everybody needs to be on board....players, coaches, fans. We're all in this together, and we'll get where we need to be.;)