PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry just broke NBA record

asandhu23
04-11-2010, 10:22 PM
for the most 3 pointers made by a Rookie in a season.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bravo!

AI4MVP
04-11-2010, 10:26 PM
yep im watching it. hes a great great player. hes going to be right up there with the best point guards in the nba

Ragun
04-11-2010, 10:27 PM
beast.

congrats to steph.

td0tsfinest
04-11-2010, 10:30 PM
who's record did he beat btw?

congrats to Steph.

tredigs
04-11-2010, 10:33 PM
His stat line for the past month is pretty ridiculous, the kid is on fire.

Stephen Curry

Team Pos g min/g pts/g 3/g reb/g ast/g stl/g blk/g fg% fga/g ft% fta/g to/g

GSW G 13 36.7 22.6 3.1 5.2 8.2 2.5 0.3 0.485 18.2 0.889 2.1 3.2

To the guy above, the old record was Rudy Fernandez' rookie year at 159. Steph's shooting these threes at a 43% clip, to boot. Pretty amazing.

asandhu23
04-11-2010, 10:34 PM

congrats to Steph.

They were showing the list. I know Allen Iverson was 4th on the list... rest i forgot.

dwadefan03
04-11-2010, 10:37 PM
i love this guy

Hawkeye15
04-11-2010, 10:38 PM
congrats Curry

HoopsDrive
04-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Damn, and there were people bashing me for wanting my team to take Curry, saying he was too small and stuff... WHAT NOW ****ers??

asandhu23
04-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Damn, and there were people bashing me for wanting my team to take Curry, saying he was too small and stuff... WHAT NOW ****ers??

What's your team?

RadiantShot
04-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Who'd he beat out to get it?

I think it was Kerry Kittles.

ChiBulls91
04-11-2010, 10:42 PM
how many did he hit

asandhu23
04-11-2010, 10:43 PM
how many did he hit

sacgiants1213
04-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Curry for ROY. Tyreke can't make 3's.

Corey
04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
I think everyone here can agree that he's a great shooter, and he's going to produce for whatever team he is on...but don't discount that he's playing for Golden State.

His offense is going to flourish as long as he is there, and his shortcomings are going to be minimized with the gameplan they use.

Not discounting his achievements, because the record he is making is VERY impressive, but everyone needs to come back down to Earth with this kid.

Vinny642
04-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Congrats, maybe those hours with CP before the season helped. :shrug:

blackjack_119
04-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Most 3's made by a Rookie:
1. Stephen Curry
2. Rudy Fernandez
3. Kerry Kittles

coolmo
04-11-2010, 10:50 PM
What's your team?

brasil soccer national team

asandhu23
04-11-2010, 10:51 PM
brasil soccer national team

NBA team :mad:

roshan3ai
04-11-2010, 10:54 PM
He's been a tank recently, and will be a very good combo guard in the future

shep33
04-11-2010, 10:59 PM
The only knock i have on Curry is this... How would he do with other teams?

Playing for the Warriors, especially at the guard position must be a treat. I think Curry would be very good with other teams, but i don't know if his stats would be the same. I look at Baron Davis, whose numbers were great with Gstate, but now with the clips have dropped significantly.

Again, I think Curry is awesome, and is gonna be a top 5 pg in this league. However, i don't think his numbers over the past month or two would be this good for other teams that run a slower paced offence.

ChiSox219
04-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I think everyone here can agree that he's a great shooter, and he's going to produce for whatever team he is on...but don't discount that he's playing for Golden State.

His offense is going to flourish as long as he is there, and his shortcomings are going to be minimized with the gameplan they use.

Not discounting his achievements, because the record he is making is VERY impressive, but everyone needs to come back down to Earth with this kid.

This

Raph12
04-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I thought you meant for a single game, was about to say "wtf" lol... Wonder what Durant ends up scoring.

MattColby
04-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Steph Curry is money.

Giants-49ers-Ws
04-11-2010, 11:13 PM
absolute stud!

go warriors!

Kingz4L
04-11-2010, 11:13 PM

I agree with you, its the system that gives him a ton of shots...look how Steve Nash's Aspg and PPG went down when the Suns tried to play halfcourt BBALL with Shaq...Nash is great but if you play uptempo BBALL your obviously going to boost your stats.

momoneyyyy
04-11-2010, 11:15 PM
he has hit 160 rudy fernandez hit 159 last year.

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 11:16 PM
This makes him locked for ROY

shep33
04-11-2010, 11:19 PM
This makes him locked for ROY

Nah Evans easily. Tyreke is averaging 20, 5, and 5... the only other guys doing that are like Wade, Lebron, and Kobe i think

Kingz4L
04-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Nah Evans easily. Tyreke is averaging 20, 5, and 5... the only other guys doing that are like Wade, Lebron, and Kobe i think

Kobe lol...he avg like 7ppg his rookie year...the only ones to do it are:

Oscar Robertson
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
*Tyreke Evans (needs 24 more points to achieve this feat).....lock that with your Curry 3 point rookie record for the Rookie MVP.

GSW Hoops
04-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Curry's got skills.

_KB24_
04-11-2010, 11:28 PM

So he is VERY impressive, yet we need to be critical? The kid has exceeded everyone's expectations. They say he didn't have the handles and ball control ability to be a PG in the NBA, whats he do, makes the Nuggets look like snails in that game with his crossovers. You shoudn't need to discount that he plays for a certain system, you need to produce at a high level to get recognized, and thats what he is doing.

momoneyyyy
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
i wanna see a game winner right now.

koreancabbage
04-12-2010, 01:08 AM
curry is a stud. when he bulks up, i'm afraid. he's going to be top 10 ppg and apg next year BOOK IT.

JayW_1023
04-12-2010, 01:11 AM
i like his game. The kid is crafty.

HoopsDrive
04-12-2010, 01:25 AM
What's your team?

Raptors.

At the time, we were projected to land somewhere between 6-10. Other Raps fans were saying how we didn't need another shooter, how he was too small to guard other guards and how he didn't fit our system :rolleyes:

Yeah. Ok.

asandhu23
04-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Raptors.

At the time, we were projected to land somewhere between 6-10. Other Raps fans were saying how we didn't need another shooter, how he was too small to guard other guards and how he didn't fit our system :rolleyes:

Yeah. Ok.

I don't believe fans or scouts on anything. Look at the players scouts overlooked in the last years and year before's draft. Guys like Anthony Morrow, Tolliver etc

Hey Man
04-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Kobe lol...he avg like 7ppg his rookie year...the only ones to do it are:

Oscar Robertson
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
*Tyreke Evans (needs 24 more points to achieve this feat).....lock that with your Curry 3 point rookie record for the Rookie MVP.

Stephen Curry has a kewl stat like dat too

30-10-10 triple double only done by 6 other rookies

and He has 5 30-10 double doubles. all other rookies have a combined 0 this season. That is tied for second all-time with Michael Jordan and only behind Oscar Robertson.

and He has the most 3 point makes for rookies

and He is the only rook to shoot 45-40-85 from the field, 3 and FT

OBredskin
04-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Stephen Curry is one of those players that works hard and he comes from a good pedigree. It doesn't surprise me that he did this.

OBredskin
04-12-2010, 02:04 AM
Stephen Curry has a kewl stat like dat too

30-10-10 triple double only done by 6 other rookies

and He has 5 30-10 double doubles. all other rookies have a combined 0 this season. That is tied for second all-time with Michael Jordan and only behind Oscar Robertson.

and He has the most 3 point makes for rookies

and He is the only rook to shoot 45-40-85 from the field, 3 and FT

It's hard to not consider him ROY with those stats. I don't think its a no-brainer who will be ROY this year b/c Curry is making a case for himself, although I think he will get snubbed.

montazingmvp
04-12-2010, 03:57 AM

what exactly are curry's shortcomings offensively? he shoots with great efficiency...has a pretty good ast/to ratio for a rookie....he's a decent rebounder for his position...

imo there is nothing curry isn't good at...the kid just knows how to play. sure there's things he can definitely improve upon...but he's already shown us that he's going to be one of the better shooters to ever play the game...and on top of that he can create for others, and has fantastic ball handling skills.

the only player that i can think of, off-hand in nba history that has the same shooting abilities while being able to create for others is steve nash...

now steve nash is obviously a much better player at this point than curry.

but curry is already a better defender than nash ever was...

so back to the original question...what exactly are curry's shortcomings?

offensive systems don't suddenly create great offensive players...sure his numbers are going to be inflated (not all that much)...but he's still shooting the ball with an efficiency that is rare, and passing for a pg with efficiency, that is quite rare too.

montazingmvp
04-12-2010, 04:02 AM
The only knock i have on Curry is this... How would he do with other teams?

Playing for the Warriors, especially at the guard position must be a treat. I think Curry would be very good with other teams, but i don't know if his stats would be the same. I look at Baron Davis, whose numbers were great with Gstate, but now with the clips have dropped significantly.

Again, I think Curry is awesome, and is gonna be a top 5 pg in this league. However, i don't think his numbers over the past month or two would be this good for other teams that run a slower paced offence.

the only thing baron did better for the warriors while playing with them was shoot with slightly better efficiency.

everything else he's been pretty equal...he's just getting less minutes with the clippers so he has less time to produce.

don nelson used to play him every freaking minute.

montazingmvp
04-12-2010, 04:08 AM
I agree with you, its the system that gives him a ton of shots...look how Steve Nash's Aspg and PPG went down when the Suns tried to play halfcourt BBALL with Shaq...Nash is great but if you play uptempo BBALL your obviously going to boost your stats.

yes you're going to boost your fantasy stats...

not the ones that actually matter. like shooting efficiency, passing efficiency etc...

these stats do not change depending on the system...

what curry is doing is great not because of the fantasy stats he's putting up, but because of his passing efficiency (for a rookie, see ast/to ratio) and his shooting efficient (see ts%)...

its like when people say "oh my god, tyreke is so good because he's putting up 20 5 5"...

this is not what makes tryeke good, anybody could put up those stats if they passed enough, or shot enough...see ricky davis with the cavs a few years back.

what makes tyreke great as a rookie is that he's passing efficiently and shooting efficiently for a rookie, and doing it at a high rate with little help around...

putting up 20 5 5 and is not impressive by itself...its when you add the efficieny stats to back it up.

Iodine
04-12-2010, 08:12 AM
To bad TyFreak is better

kobebabe
04-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Nice job Curry. This Kid will be great!

Last years draft class turns out to be great. Tyreke, Jennings, curry were all great picks. Collison is playing great as well. Blair, Taj Gibson, marcus Thorton,flynn.....and the list goes on. Unbelievable class! Who would have thought! Wonder what Rubio could have become. N don't forget Blake has not played and we have no idea how good he would have been this year.
Bravo to the class of 2009:clap:

ragee
04-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Who'd he beat out to get it?

I think it was Kerry Kittles.

Wasn't is Rudy's?

J-Relo
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
last record was by whom? Sarunas Jasikevicius?

Sadds The Gr8
04-12-2010, 09:45 AM

congrats to Steph.

i think it was rudy fernandez...i remember them saying it a couple years ago.

avrpatsfan
04-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Make the Grizzlies even more mad they decided to draft Thabeet instead.

ragee
04-12-2010, 10:05 AM
i think it was rudy fernandez...i remember them saying it a couple years ago.

That was last year... This is only Rudy's second season...

psdking
04-12-2010, 10:13 AM
one word: ROY

alencp3
04-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Curry for ROY. Tyreke can't make 3's.

Being sarcastic:cool:

bbcmillionaire
04-12-2010, 10:55 AM

is it me or its always a hating celtic fan in the nba forum lol? just give him props no one is saying rondo only flourished because he played with 3 hall of famers :rolleyes:

Mr.Chi-Town
04-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Grats

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-12-2010, 11:15 AM
S dot is a beast!

ballpd05
04-12-2010, 11:20 AM

No one's shortcomings are minimized in the system... they are reflected in the L column.

Raidaz4Life
04-12-2010, 11:21 AM

exactly

ballpd05
04-12-2010, 11:22 AM
The last post wasnt a shot a curry. i think he is the warriors best player and that they need to build a quality squad around him. he will just be another one of the great pg in the league in the next 2 or 3 years.

colinskik
04-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I can't believe the Warriors stole him from us.

asandhu23
04-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I can't believe the Warriors stole him from us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfqKR0YqShM

:D

Sadds The Gr8
04-12-2010, 12:29 PM
That was last year... This is only Rudy's second season...

oh well yea....Fernandez was the one that had the record

fadedmario
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Curry looks like a 12 year old and plays like Isiah Thomas. He is a beast.

asandhu23
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Curry looks like a 12 year old and plays like Isiah Thomas. He is a beast.

indeed

Iodine
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Curry plays nothing like zeke at all but okay lol

Zeke's "best" 3pt shooting season gets **** on by curry as a rookie

AI4MVP
04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
not only is he a great three point shooter, but hes the greatest passer as a rookie i have ever seen in my life. his court vision, ability to make the pass, along with the craftiness is something that ive seen in only jason kidd and steve nash in this generation.

i know people that dont watch him that often dont know this as a fact, but im lucky enough to live in the bay area and watch the kid play on a game to game basis.

Theres no doubt in my mind that Stephen Curry will be in the class of the great new class of point guards, and will be in tier 1 with Chris Paul and Deron williams, and to be honest i think he'll be better then them.

As great a passer as Curry is, it just makes me more anxious to see Ricky Rubio in the NBA.

Ricky Rubio and Stephen Curry will the funnest point guards to watch for years and years. Im just happy im alive int his era to witness it.

fadedmario
04-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Curry plays nothing like zeke at all but okay lol

Zeke's "best" 3pt shooting season gets **** on by curry as a rookie

Your right about the 3 point shooting, but for some reason his game still reminds me of Zeke?

bears88
04-12-2010, 05:44 PM
go stephan curry??? always been a fan of him i like him better then evans dont get me wrong i also like T Evans

CityofTreez
04-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Not surprised at all!

Nelson preaches to slash to the rim or hike up shots! Since, Curry can;t slash and Ellis can, then Curry is allowed to hike up three-pointer after three-pointer. Congrats to him for making them, instead of bricking.

Watching Warriors games is like watching a 3-point contest night after night. When he played the Kings earlier in the season, he attempted 14 3-pt and made 1/2 of them.

asandhu23
04-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Hey everyone let's all forget about Curry's shooting percentage. Its easy to blame him for chucking up shots in Nellie's system. People forget that he actually has to make them or he gets thrown on the bench

montazingmvp
04-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Not surprised at all!

Nelson preaches to slash to the rim or hike up shots! Since, Curry can;t slash and Ellis can, then Curry is allowed to hike up three-pointer after three-pointer. Congrats to him for making them, instead of bricking.

Watching Warriors games is like watching a 3-point contest night after night. When he played the Kings earlier in the season, he attempted 14 3-pt and made 1/2 of them.

lol...curry has no problem slashing...he's crafty enought to get by people, and has the ball handling skill to get to anywhere on the floor...he's not the best slasher obviously, but to say he can't do it is wrong...

on top of that, under half of curry's attempted threes are assisted...so you're full of (you know what) on that one...

xBLAMEITON24x
04-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Congrats to Curry

asandhu23
04-13-2010, 03:19 AM
Congrats to Curry
indeed