Most Improved Player:
1. Kevin Durant
2. Aaron Brooks
3. George Hill

Sixth Man Award Ballot:
1. Anderson Varejao
2. Jamal Crawford
3. Jason Terry

ALL-DEFENSIVE TEAM [Media doesn't vote for this award, but he mentioned his picks anyway]:
C Dwight Howard
PF Anderson Varejao
SF LeBron James
SG Dwyane Wade
PG Deron Williams

EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR [Media doesn't vote for this award, but he mentioned his picks anyway]:
1. Sam Presti
2. John Hammond
3. Rick Sund

Read his explanations here:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html

Interesting stuff

Venomous88
04-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Defensive Player of the Year Ballot:
1. Dwight Howard
2. Anderson Varejao
3. LeBron James

lol wut?

Kakaroach
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Lol @ the Palm tree over Crawford and Terry. And no mention of Jerry Sloan for COY and I'd give MIP to Brooks. Outside of that it looks good.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2010, 04:31 PM
And does this 'writer' happen to be Anderson Varejao's mother?

How he's 6th man over Crawford and 2nd for DPoY over Artest and even Bogut is beyond me....:facepalm:

SA5195
04-11-2010, 04:32 PM
lol Anderson Varejao

GodsSon
04-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Where's Bosh on any of the All-NBA teams?

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 04:36 PM
These are the kind of tools who vote every year. He lost all credibility having Verejao second in DPOY. I mean the one person he has ahead of him (Dwight) absolutely murders him every time down in the post. As a matter of a fact on defence I'd take Perk in almost every aspect over him well except for flopping...... oops I mean taking charges.

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 04:37 PM

I know and he has Horford as a third team.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2010, 04:41 PM

woah i didn't even realize that...wtf? This writer is clearly clueless...I'm sorry but Bosh should definately be on over Horford IMO....Duncan should be put at C since he's played that position most of the season, and Bosh should be the Forward...

Just more disrespect to Raptors, Toronto, and Canada...A player that averages 24+11 not on any All-NBA teams...:eyebrow:

bigsams50
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Varejao over Crash for DPOY? :pity:

OnslaughtXX6
04-11-2010, 04:44 PM
1. Dwight Howard
2. Dwyane Wade
3. LeBron James

fixed.

GodsSon
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
woah i didn't even realize that...wtf? This writer is clearly clueless...I'm sorry but Bosh should definately be on over Horford IMO....Duncan should be put at C since he's played that position most of the season, and Bosh should be the Forward...

Just more disrespect to Raptors, Toronto, and Canada...A player that averages 24+11 not on any All-NBA teams...:eyebrow:

I'd even argue Bosh on the second team over Bogut, with Bogut taking the third ahead of Horford...Bogut and Bosh both went through injuries during the year, and I think overall Bosh had a slightly better season; both should get recognition though

DerekRE_3
04-11-2010, 04:48 PM
ROY
1. Tyreke Evans
2. Stephen Curry
3. Brandon Jennings

DPOY
1. Dwight Howaord
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Gerald Wallace

6th man
1. Jamal Crawford
2. Jason Terry
3. Anderson Varejao

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Varejao (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RKVmVmRKQ8&feature=related):facepalm:

TheKing23
04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
The guy clearly just values winning over anything else. That's clearly his criteria for his award winners. Hence Brandon Jennings getting his vote for ROY when Tyreke and Steph have clearly had better rookie campaigns.

That also explains why he has Andy 2nd in DPOY and 1st in 6th man. He's one out of like 120 odd people. Everyone has different criteria for successful seasons, and he clearly values winning games more than stand out individual numbers.

Ragun
04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
kaman > horford.

marc gasol > horford.

nene > horford

PraiseJesus
04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Steph Curry is the ROY

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 04:52 PM
The guy clearly just values winning over anything else. That's clearly his criteria for his award winners. Hence Brandon Jennings getting his vote for ROY when Tyreke and Steph have clearly had better rookie campaigns.

That also explains why he has Andy 2nd in DPOY and 1st in 6th man. He's one out of like 120 odd people. Everyone has different criteria for successful seasons, and he clearly values winning games more than stand out individual numbers.

and what do you think of that? Does it make sense in your mind?

GodsSon
04-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Steph Curry is the ROY

He would literally need to have Jesus on his side to win it

OnslaughtXX6
04-11-2010, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDok0D97x10&feature=youtube_gdata :)

VCaintdead17
04-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I think Bogut should get MIP. This is first season that he has shown that he deserved to be a first overall pick, and the Bucks run their entire offense through him.

Also, Josh Smith and Zach Randolph could make a case for MIP as well. Not a fan of second year players in contention for the MIP award. When a second year player gets better, I just call that proper development.

And this guy sure loves Varajao. :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnXRyA5PYj8

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDok0D97x10&feature=youtube_gdata :)

:clap::clap::clap: nuff said!

homestarunner93
04-11-2010, 05:10 PM

You clearly value homerism over anything else. That's the only possible way that Varejao in any of those spots can be defended.

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Stephen Curry = ROY

JOSKOMANG4
04-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Jamal Crawford is hands down the favorite win the 6th man award & most improved player IMO.

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Jamal Crawford is hands down the favorite win the 6th man award & most improved player IMO.

you're crazy if you think he's the favourite..... he is NO WHERE near the favourite for MIP.

OnslaughtXX6
04-11-2010, 05:17 PM
He would literally need to have Jesus on his side to win it

:laugh2:

iggypop123
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
varejo? heck even lebron:facepalm:
should be crash.

Raph12
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Varejao and Lebron over Artest, Bogut and G-Force for DPOY?... Varejao over Crawford, Terry, Manu, etc for SMOY?... Must be a Simpsons fan (Varejao = Sideshow Bob).

MacFitz92
04-11-2010, 07:01 PM
So many facepalms to go around.

Anderson Varejao :facepalm:

Brandon Jennings ROY :facepalm:

Nowitzki on 3rd team :facepalm:

Here I'll throw in another one for him being gay for Varajao :facepalm:

MacFitz92
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Also, MVP is not a lifetime achievement award. Dwight deserves 2 over Kobe.

ldc62
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
SI writers are pure garbage. I rather read from the PSD member's posts.

robbnen#31
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Varejao (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RKVmVmRKQ8&feature=related):facepalm:

lmao

MrFastBreak
04-11-2010, 08:03 PM
How is Varejao's selection amusing? Though he belongs on the all defensive second team, the SI writer's selection for him on the first team doesnt call for 'LOLWUTS' either. Since you guys have clung to his reputation of being a flopper, you don't see him as a solid defender nor do you see his defensive improvement throughout his career. He indeed doesnt deserve to be atop the list of consideration as DPOY, but he still deserves to be on the list as he has had an impact on the Cavs defense (leads team in defensive regularized adj +/-) despite playing limited minutes and has put up some nice per-minute #'s which gives him a strong case to be considered a better 6th man than guys like Crawford or Terry who seem to be the leading candidates.

finyankhawkfan
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Crawford = 6th man. No doubt.

momoneyyyy
04-11-2010, 08:25 PM
roy is totally messed up its tied between curry and evans.. i might even take collison over jennings.

fadedmario
04-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Brandon Jennings for ROY, dude is smoking crack. Evans/Curry, pick one.

Boston-Born
04-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Bosh is a PF not a C, therefore, there are 6 better F than him. He shouldn't be made a C just to make the list.

jackdawson
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM
MVP Ballot:
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Carmelo Anthony

Coach of the Year Ballot:
1. Scott Brooks
2. Scott Skiles
3. Lionel Hollins

1. Dwight Howard
2. Wade
3. Wallace

Rookie of the Year Ballot:
1. Tyreke Evans
2. Stephen Curry
3. Brandon Jennings

ALL-NBA:
FIRST TEAM
C Dwight Howard
F LeBron James
F Kevin Durant
G Kobe Bryant
G Dwyane Wade

Most Improved Player:
1. Kevin Durant
2. Aaron Brooks
3. George Hill

Sixth Man Award Ballot:
1. Jamal Crawford
2. Jason Terry
3. C Landry.

ALL-DEFENSIVE TEAM [Media doesn't vote for this award, but he mentioned his picks anyway]:
C Dwight Howard
PF Tim Duncan
SF LeBron James
SG Dwyane Wade
PG Rajon Rondo

Fixed.

JiffyMix88
04-11-2010, 08:48 PM
im sry but kobe shouldnt be second on anyones list not even kobes own list. When Kobe was out they one all but one game. it should be...
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
D Howard
C. Anthony
Steve Nash

MrFastBreak
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Fixed.
Note that Landry starts now on his new team, so he shouldnt qualify.

avrpatsfan
04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Ian Thomsen of Sports Illustrated's ballot:

MVP Ballot:
1. LeBron James
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kevin Durant
5. Carmelo Anthony

Coach of the Year Ballot:
1. Scott Brooks
2. Scott Skiles
3. Lionel Hollins

1. Dwight Howard
2. Anderson Varejao
3. LeBron James

Rookie of the Year Ballot:
1. Brandon Jennings
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Stephen Curry

ALL-NBA:
FIRST TEAM
C Dwight Howard
F LeBron James
F Kevin Durant
G Kobe Bryant
G Dwyane Wade

SECOND TEAM
C Andrew Bogut
F Amar'e Stoudemire
F Carmelo Anthony
G Deron Williams
G Steve Nash

THIRD TEAM
C Al Horford
F Tim Duncan
F Dirk Nowitzki
G Joe Johnson
G Brandon Roy

Most Improved Player:
1. Kevin Durant
2. Aaron Brooks
3. George Hill

Sixth Man Award Ballot:
1. Anderson Varejao
2. Jamal Crawford
3. Jason Terry

C Dwight Howard
PF Anderson Varejao
SF LeBron James
SG Dwyane Wade
PG Deron Williams

EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR [Media doesn't vote for this award, but he mentioned his picks anyway]:
1. Sam Presti
2. John Hammond
3. Rick Sund

Read his explanations here:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html

Interesting stuff
All of the things in bold show this guy is an idiot. Evans over Jennings is crazy, Anderson as 6th man is crazy, and no way Anderson is 2nd in DPOY over Lebron.

Kingz4L
04-11-2010, 09:29 PM
the guy who made that list is a idiot...he should of waited with his prediction until bogut got injured...how have the bucks been doing since? Ill tell you how...their season is over...so for him to think that Jennings was the reason they won 45 games so far is just beyond stupid...he wasnt the main piece of that puzzle...put Evans with the exact same bucks team and see how they do...to tell you the truth folks I think the true NBA fans have a better sense of logic then some of these idiots working for ESPN.

My votes for this year are:

MVP:
Lebron,Durant,D-Howard

Coach:
Brooks,Sloan,Larry Brown

Rookie
Evans,Curry,Jennings

Defense
D-Howard,Wade,Artest

6th
Crawford,Terry,Varejao

1st team:
PG-Nash
SG-Wade
SF-James
PF-Duncan
C-Howard

2nd team:
Who gives a *****

iggypop123
04-11-2010, 09:32 PM
the guy who made that list is a idiot...he should of waited with his prediction until bogut got injured...how have the bucks been doing since? Ill tell you how...their season is over...so for him to think that Jennings was the reason they won 45 games so far is just beyond stupid...he wasnt the main piece of that puzzle...put Evans with the exact same bucks team and see how they do...to tell you the truth folks I think the true NBA fans have a better sense of logic then some of these idiots working for ESPN.

My votes for this year are:

MVP:
Lebron,Durant,D-Howard

Coach:
Brooks,Sloan,Larry Brown

Rookie
Evans,Curry,Jennings

Defense
D-Howard,Wade,Artest

6th
Crawford,Terry,Varejao

1st team:
PG-Nash
SG-Wade
SF-James
PF-Duncan
C-Howard

2nd team:
Who gives a *****

#1-no. should include at least gerald wallace.
#2 :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

DerekRE_3
04-11-2010, 09:34 PM
All of the things in bold show this guy is an idiot. Evans over Jennings is crazy, Anderson as 6th man is crazy, and no way Anderson is 2nd in DPOY over Lebron.

Why would Evans over Jennings be crazy? He's been at 20 5 and 5 the whole year and clearly been the best rookie. He averaged 20 8 and 8 in March and is averaging 21 7 and 6 so far in April while Jennings is busy shooting a god awful 37% from the field.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Why would Evans over Jennings be crazy? He's been at 20 5 and 5 the whole year and clearly been the best rookie. He averaged 20 8 and 8 in March and is averaging 21 7 and 6 so far in April while Jennings is busy shooting a god awful 37% from the field.

he meant jennings over evans would be crazy

Kingz4L
04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
#1-no. should include at least gerald wallace.
#2 :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ok so you would put Kobe over Wade in the first team.

Kobe was the best NBA player pretty much this whole decade...but if you seriously think Kobe has been playing better then Wade then your nuts. Im not buying into this whole Kobe being the best in the league anymore...yes he hit 6 game winners, yes the Lakers are 56-24 right now...but to be honest with you, Pau Gasol is the best player in that Lakers team right now. Ill take 18ppg, 12reb, 4ast, 2blk over 27,5,5 any day...for some reason teams have always been more successfull

BTW Kobe took 1546 shots while gasol took 802

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 10:22 PM

Kobe was the best NBA player pretty much this whole decade...but if you seriously think Kobe has been playing better then Wade then your nuts. Im not buying into this whole Kobe being the best in the league anymore...yes he hit 6 game winners, yes the Lakers are 56-24 right now...but to be honest with you, Pau Gasol is the best player in that Lakers team right now. Ill take 18ppg, 12reb, 4ast, 2blk over 27,5,5 any day...for some reason teams have always been more successfull

I think putting nash in is the stretch.

ALL NBA First Team

C- Dwight Howard
F- LeBron James
F- Kevin Durant
G- Dwayne Wade
G- Kobe Bryant

Nash doesn't deserve it over Kobe nor Wade.

And nothing's wrong with saying Kobe is better than Wade because that discussion is still very debatable.

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 10:22 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

sigh!

sventhedog
04-12-2010, 06:48 AM
player who would do anything to get attention:
1. lebron james
2. lebron james
3. lebron james

dancing again in the sidelines. lol. he must've been deprived of attention as a child.

J-Relo
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I agree... mostly

Chronz
04-12-2010, 01:15 PM
1. Dwight Howard
2. Anderson Varejao
3. LeBron James

lol wut?

Watch more games, analyze more stats

JNA17
04-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Watch more games, analyze more stats

bold=yes
non-bold=not as much at all.

Chronz
04-12-2010, 01:25 PM
bold=yes
non-bold=not as much at all.

What? Your insane

Da Knicks
04-12-2010, 01:42 PM
YO whats up with your quote? lmao

JNA17
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
What? Your insane

i never said it should be out of discussion, but it is never the main support of an arguement of evaluating a player ever. Stats is something John Hollinger would do.

Chronz
04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
i never said it should be out of discussion, but it is never the main support of an arguement of evaluating a player ever. Stats is something John Hollinger would do.

Without the stats your assessment is incomplete and flawed. Its one of the most important evaluation methods, Hollinger is wise to do so, its something all statisticians do and even the best GM's. You know the guys who do this **** for a living.

So yea your crazy for half assing your work

NBAfan4life
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Its clear that none of you read the article, he explains all his picks. Not that I agree with all of his picks but he makes sense and justifys where he placed everyone

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-12-2010, 02:53 PM
why wuold lional hollins wins COY?

JNA17
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Without the stats your assessment is incomplete and flawed. Its one of the most important evaluation methods, Hollinger is wise to do so, its something all statisticians do and even the best GM's. You know the guys who do this **** for a living.

So yea your crazy for half assing your work

seeing these type of posts make me sad inside because it shows why humanity is not in good shape :pity:

Chronz
04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
seeing these type of posts make me sad inside because it shows why humanity is not in good shape :pity:
LOL that was pretty funny but your still bonkers

BkOriginalOne
04-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Once you don't have Crawford as the 6th man and Tyerke as the ROY, something's wrong.

smith&wesson
04-12-2010, 04:57 PM
how does this guy have a job >? he dont know **** about ball.

aparantly al horford is better then bosh...

varagao is a better sixth man the crawford ?? what about al harrington ?

doesnt varagao start ?

ChiSox219
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
How is Varejao's selection amusing? Though he belongs on the all defensive second team, the SI writer's selection for him on the first team doesnt call for 'LOLWUTS' either. Since you guys have clung to his reputation of being a flopper, you don't see him as a solid defender nor do you see his defensive improvement throughout his career. He indeed doesnt deserve to be atop the list of consideration as DPOY, but he still deserves to be on the list as he has had an impact on the Cavs defense (leads team in defensive regularized adj +/-) despite playing limited minutes and has put up some nice per-minute #'s which gives him a strong case to be considered a better 6th man than guys like Crawford or Terry who seem to be the leading candidates.

This. Varejao should win 6th man but I wouldn't be shocked if the award went to one of the Zero Guards with big scoring numbers.

And once again, people underrate Al Horford.

hgtiger32
04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
couple questionables here...
-as far as MIP Durant has without a doubt really improved but his type of superstardom don't win these awards..im going to be a homer and say Andrew Bogut, i would also like to see Aaron Brooks win
-Al Horford? seriously? Wow, I'm still looking for Pau Gasol somewhere on this list. Even thought i dont like the dude, hes one of the most underrated players in the league and shoulda made it before horrford
-coach of the year my guy skiles finishes 2nd which im 100% fine with. it be interesting to see how some of the teams in the west like the hornets, warriors, and especially the grizzlies would have fared in the EAST
-executive of the year sam presti? sure hes drafted a good nucleous but thats not all an executive should do. i vote for john hammond-NOT being a homer. He drafted Brandon Jennings who has been a hgue part of the Bucks, he also signed Carlos Delfino in offseason who's had a great impact on the team, got rid of Jefferson, did NOT re-sign Charlie Villanueva and Ramon Sessions-they are having a "great" season eh? Signed Jerry Stackhouse midway thru season whos provided a spark and veteran leadership. But the biggest move has to be trading for John Salmons.~~~I know it's not the biggest award out there but after reading my argument PSD'ers will have to agree with me-who else could it be?