PDA

View Full Version : Predict Your Team's Off Season Moves

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 04:20 PM
With the NBA Season Winding down all some teams have to look forward to in the off season (like my 76ers).

76ers: Fireing Eddie Jordan and hiring Avery Johnson or Byron Scott to take his place.

Other than that I have no idea. I'm guessing Iggy may be shipped to a contender who think they missed the piece they needed to win the championship.

What do you guys predict for your team?

TheKing23
04-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Celebrate winning the NBA title, re-sign LeBron to a max deal, buy a second round pick and pick up a nice prospect and then pick up a nice piece with the MLE.

GodsSon
04-11-2010, 05:02 PM
With the NBA Season Winding down all some teams have to look forward to in the off season (like my 76ers).

76ers: Fireing Eddie Jordan and hiring Avery Johnson or Byron Scott to take his place.

Other than that I have no idea. I'm guessing Iggy may be shipped to a contender who think they missed the piece they needed to win the championship.

I'll give you some expirings and a pick to take Iggy off your hands and bring him to TO...how does that sound?

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I'll give you some expirings and a pick to take Iggy off your hands and bring him to TO...how does that sound?

Nope! ;)

J$mo0th_3o5
04-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Resign Wade
Sign Amare
Trade Beasley for PG (Collison or even CP3:p)
Sign a couple veterans(Bell, Camby, Haywood etc.)

DYNASTY!

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 05:08 PM

LMFAO! You act like you're the general manager of Raptors or something
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

GodsSon
04-11-2010, 05:09 PM
LMFAO! You act like you're the general manager of Raptors or something
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol Maybe I am ;)...dun dun DUN!

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Clippers draft this guy named Cole Aldrich. They sign a good free agent, and we're set to playoffs :D

Swashcuff
04-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Resign Wade
Sign Amare

DYNASTY!

Lol!!!!

G-Bay New J
04-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Nets hire Avery Johnson
Draft Evan Turner
Trade Mavs 1st rounder with Yi or CDR to move up and take a PF (Hassan Whiteside)
Sign Amare Stoudemire
Sign Rudy Gay

Hello Playoffs :)

Hawkeye15
04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Wolves:
Either Jefferson or Love is traded
Sign Rudy Gay, Darko Milicic
Draft Evan Turner, package picks and move up, grab Greg Monroe, who will declare

I figure there will be about 5-6 current Wolves on the roster next year. Everyone else gone

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Wolves:
Draft Evan Turner, package picks and move up, grab Greg Monroe, who will declare

I figure there will be about 5-6 current Wolves on the roster next year. Everyone else gone

That girl in your picture is ugly

VCaintdead17
04-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Pacers

Draft White Guy in first round.

Sign late 20's-early 30's veteran with our entire MLE, use them as a role player, talk about how Murphy and Dunleavy will get more minutes next year, try and trade Brandon Rush for one of Kyle Korver or Jason Kapono, win 30 games next year again so we don't make the playoffs, but don't get a good lottery pick, then resign GM Larry Bird and Jim O'brien for six more years, then move to Canada. Fun times. :sigh:

SaimoNETS
04-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Pacers

Sign late 20's-early 30's veteran with our entire MLE, use them as a role player, talk about how Murphy and Dunleavy will get more minutes next year, try and trade Brandon Rush for one of Kyle Korver or Jason Kapono, win 30 games next year again so we don't make the playoffs, but don't get a good lottery pick, then resign GM Larry Bird and Jim O'brien for six more years, then move to Canada. Fun times. :sigh:

Idk why, but I have a feeling that the Pacers are gonna get the 1st pick in the draft this year. I'm not sure why, though.

VCaintdead17
04-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Idk why, but I have a feeling that the Pacers are gonna get the 1st pick in the draft this year. I'm not sure why, though.

John Wall+Danny Granger=Insanity :nod:

d-baller23
04-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Celebrate winning the NBA title, re-sign LeBron to a max deal, buy a second round pick and pick up a nice prospect and then pick up a nice piece with the MLE.

Not even happenin, Magic will win the championship first off, then we sign/draft a young point guard to back up Jameer. Sign and trade Gortat for someone big, Attempt to sign both J.J. Redick, and Matt Barnes, if not we sign Tracy McGrady, and or Mike Miller.

GodsSon
04-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Not even happenin, Magic will win the championship first off, then we sign/draft a young point guard to back up Jameer. Sign and trade Gortat for someone big, Attempt to sign both J.J. Redick, and Matt Barnes, if not we sign Tracy McGrady, and or Mike Miller.

:puke: why would you do that? The Knicks don't even want him, that says something lol

Ragun
04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
raptors resign amir johnson

raptors sign and trade chris bosh for noah (:pray:) or most likely a draft pick.

trade hedo turkoglu for an expiring contract (:pray:)

trade calderon for a first or expiring contract or the most we can get.

RadiantShot
04-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Orlando Magic :

Re-sign J-Will, J.J. Redick, & Matt Barnes, along with Gortat, if possible.

Idk. Let's just keep our roster :up:

asandhu23
04-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Golden State Warriors

Chris Cohan sells the team to Larry Ellison ( already underway )
Larry Ellison fires the whole management and the coach
Avery Johnson becomes Warriors coach.
Jerry West becomes General Manager
Warriors will get 3rd pick ( We will pick Favors )
Chris Bosh will sign with us ( :hide: from Raptors fans )
New Team Jerseys
New Mascot
Plans for an arena in San Francisco will be unveiled.
CJ Watson will leave the Warriors for some other team.

abe_froman
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM
should do or an actual prediction?

probably:
-fire vinny,hire god knows who
-overpay a free agent that wont live up to his contract
-draft a solid player
-resist any and all temptation to trade kirk hinrich(though rumors have it he's def gone this time ;) )
-tell fans they like this group/core and think they can grow together

Miltown34
04-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Hope We aquire Josh Childress like we were about 2 do last year, Maybe draft Hassan Whiteside, Patrick Patterson, or Xavier Henry. Bring back most of the players and trade M. Redd and GAdzuirc at the deadline and we can be a contending east team.

Shady66
04-11-2010, 06:17 PM
resign amare, trade barbosa +rich + first round pick for wade :D

G-Bay New J
04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Pacers

Lol so true. You could either get Cole Aldrich or there are a couple foreign guys that are supposed to be pretty good.

hgtiger32
04-11-2010, 06:26 PM
another bucks fan here-

*resign jerry stackhouse
*get a consistent scoring SG which can be through draft,resign salmons,or sign Ray Allen
*if we get salmons or allen then we definetly need a true PF-some pretty good prospects in the upcoming draft
*find someone stupid enough to take Michael Redd and/or Dan Gadzuric
*off of previous one-hope that Michael Redd gets healthy so we can trade him at deadline or let the year play out so both Michael and Dan's contracts expire

PG:Jennings/Ridnour
SG:Salmons/Allen/Delfino(really wanna keep him)
SF:Salmons/Stakhouse/Illyasova
PF:Draft Pick ie Monroe, Patterson, etc./Luke Richard/Illyasova
C::Andrew Bogut/Thomas
***confusing but to bucks fans it would make sense lol

_KB24_
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Contact Lupe Fiasco and see if he's available to join Weezy at our Championship Party, relocate Oscar's statue and make room for Kobe's, re-sign Phil, let Fisher retire, and sign/trade a good veteran PG (Miller,Alston).

heathonater
04-11-2010, 09:51 PM
other than trying to resign camby, there really isnt that much portland can do this offseason. not enough money with the cap to sign one of the big fa's this offseason.

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Golden State Warriors

Chris Cohan sells the team to Larry Ellison ( already underway )
Larry Ellison fires the whole management and the coach
Avery Johnson becomes Warriors coach.
Jerry West becomes General Manager
Warriors will get 3rd pick ( We will pick Favors )
Chris Bosh will sign with us ( :hide: from Raptors fans )
New Team Jerseys
New Mascot
Plans for an arena in San Francisco will be unveiled.
CJ Watson will leave the Warriors for some other team.

naaaaaaahh

marlinsfan24
04-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Resign Wade
Sign Amare and T-Mac
Trade for Felton
Pat Riley returns as head coach

Hawkeye15
04-11-2010, 09:58 PM
That girl in your picture is ugly

no, Blake Griffin is ugly, but thx for the opinion on my sig

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 09:59 PM
no, Blake Griffin is ugly

I know he is, but who's the ugly chick?

reffahead
04-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Atl

Sign and Trade or Sign Joe Johnson, either/or fine with me.
Sign Shaun Livingston to a reasonable contract.
Try to lure B. Haywood with the full MLE.

Finally become a true contender...

Edit: Draft Larry Sanders/Alabi/Daniel Orton with the 23rd pick.

asandhu23
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
naaaaaaahh

Oh yeah!!

VCaintdead17
04-11-2010, 10:07 PM
no, Blake Griffin is ugly

Wow! You hit him where it hurts. I don't know what I'd do if someone called my favorite player ugly.

KnicksorBust
04-11-2010, 10:20 PM
New York Knicks:

Sign Joe Johnson to near max contract
Sign Carlos Boozer to near max contract
Sign Raja Bell to vet min
Use Eddy Curry's expiring to take on a salary dump for a long-term contract. Hopefully a shotblocker like Okafor. Although that probably won't happen until the deadline.

Make the Playoffs as the 5th seed.

Kingz4L
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Kings:

1.Sign Landry to a 4-5 year contract
2.Hope we get top 4 pick in the draft, draft Cousins
3.Get some more shooters for Tyreke
4. Release Nocioni
5. Focus on keeping Evans,Landry,Udrih,Greene,Thompson for the future..i dont care about Hawes,Garcia,and everyone else.
6. Try to get a defensive player like Haywood with the rest of our cap space.

WISHFULL THINKING but if this happened I think we would be on our way to a great future.

RadiantShot
04-11-2010, 10:24 PM

It's probably his girlfriend.

:laugh:
jk.

Vinny642
04-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Hire Avery Johnson.
Gary Chouest buys the majority of the team.
I don't know anything else yet.

Hawkeye15
04-11-2010, 10:33 PM

not sure brother

Hawkeye15
04-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Wow! You hit him where it hurts. I don't know what I'd do if someone called my favorite player ugly.

totally. Best comeback since Tommy Boy.
Honestly, I had nothing at the moment. But thanks for noticing

Hoopsadvocate
04-11-2010, 10:39 PM

His contract was matched this offseason for a multiyear contract. HOW ARE YOU A MAGIC FAN?? :facepalm:

TrueFan420
04-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Wolves:

Would you take A. Randolph from the warriors. He is not as proven but the skill is there and he'd fit well next to jefferson.

Giants-49ers-Ws
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
warriors:

team is sold
plan to relocate to SF is created
new coach (hopefully avery johnson)
get a SF and C
trade maggette

Hawkeye15
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Would you take A. Randolph from the warriors. He is not as proven but the skill is there and he'd fit well next to jefferson.

at this point, I would think about it, if the Wolves do indeed intend to force Love into a 22 mpg role off the bench. But I would have to look at their advanced stats, and the Warriors may need to add something small to make it work

TrueFan420
04-12-2010, 03:03 PM
at this point, I would think about it, if the Wolves do indeed intend to force Love into a 22 mpg role off the bench. But I would have to look at their advanced stats, and the Warriors may need to add something small to make it work

id through in buike or a sign and trade of morrow or sign and trade of watson or a second rounder. As good as i think randolph could be come he wont get there with nelson at coach and he fits better next to jefferson than biedrins. While love would be the perfect pf in our system. He can run, pass and bound.

mikantsass
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Restructure Pierce's contract, Resign Ray to MLE, trade sheed, sign a 2nd tier FA like Gay or Lee

Southsideheat
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Pacers

this is a good post.

TrueFan420
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Here is their stats too...

Kevin Love
Minnesota
Position: Forward-Center
Height: 6-10 Weight: 260
College: UCLA
Player file | Team stats

2009-10 Statistics
PPG 14.2
RPG 11.0
APG 2.3
SPG 0.7
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.455
FT% 0.817
3P% 0.340
MPG 28.8

Anthony Randolph
Golden State
Position: Forward-Center
Height: 6-10 Weight: 210
College: Louisiana State
Player file | Team stats

2009-10 Statistics
PPG 11.6
RPG 6.5
APG 1.3
SPG 0.8
BPG 1.6
FG% 0.443
FT% 0.801
3P% 0.200
MPG 22.7

alencp3
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Resign Wade
Sign Amare

DYNASTY!

Im not giving u CP3 for Wade + Beasley
( yeah i know im a fool)

BOSTON617
04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
celtics

sign ray allen to vetran minimum
sign joe johnson or rudy gay
trade sheed for a decent pf/c
move pierce to sg
and sign scal to maximum deal ;)

JIDsanity
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Something stupid
Dont know what or how but NJ is going to find a way to screw up this off season and put this team off track for years.
I just hope we draft Turner, and trade Yi and our other picks for possibly Favors and pick up someone who can block shots and rebound.

Hoping
Harris/Williams
Lee/CDR
Turner/CDR
Favors/FA
Lopez/FA

Swashcuff
04-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Im not giving u CP3 for Wade + Beasley
( yeah i know im a fool)

honestly speaking yeah you are. I mean you already have Collison who shouldn't do too bad of a job in replacing CP. You could always trade Beasley for a pick or something.

ballpd05
04-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Hornets:

Team gets sold

Fire Jeff Bower and Hire Avery Johnson and any guy off the street who would be a better gm than Bower

Draft Damion James from Texas. Get rid of expiring contracts of Mo Pete and Peja Stojakovic.

thescore53
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM
resign bosh
trade bargnani and then watch him score 40 on us first game back
trade calderon for anyone that can resemble defense
fire triano
trade hedo for a top 10 draft pick who ends up averaging 20 5 5 , and then when he becomes a free agent watch every one say is leaving he'll sign with (insert your team here)

Sly Guy
04-12-2010, 04:00 PM
^^^
that sounds pretty optimistic, I shudder to think what will actually happen, but mine goes something like this:

1. Lose Bosh to FA
2. Try and fail at picking up a big-name FA because we don't have the cap space [$25mil not enough to get a whole lot of that FA class, goddamn hedu and jose contracts]
3. Resign Amir Johnson, and Antoine Wright.
4. Hope Weems, Johnson, and Dero stay hungry this off season and continue to develop things more impressive than their dancing and surprise us next season.
5. Swing some kind of trade involving either Jose or Hedu, anything for shorter term contracts, or any defense whatsoever.

1. Jack/Calderon
2. Weems/Demar
3. Turk/Weems
4. Johnson
5. Bargnani

Ugh, our franchise is in trouble.

Lions #81
04-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Its so confusing for Detroit.

Ok this is all wishful thinking. trade Prince for Caman or collinson from NO
i dont really want to but trade rip for caman or Collinson
Move stuckey to frikin SG
Draft Cousins with top 4
Establish and inside game
go after a descent PF maybe Lee??

Caman/Cousins
Lee/Villaneuva
jerebko/daye or Summers or FA/pick
Stuckey/Gordon
Collinson/Bynum

a man can dream

DetroitRipCity
04-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Its so confusing for Detroit.

Ok this is all wishful thinking. trade Prince for Caman or collinson from NO
i dont really want to but trade rip for caman or Collinson
Move stuckey to frikin SG
Draft Cousins with top 4
Establish and inside game
go after a descent PF maybe Lee??

Caman/Cousins
Lee/Villaneuva
jerebko/daye or Summers or FA/pick
Stuckey/Gordon
Collinson/Bynum

a man can dream

:pray:This is my Dream :pray:

:pray::pray::pray:Win the lottery:pray::pray: :pray:
Draft John Wall
Move Stuckey to the SG
:pray::pray::pray:Trade Rip and Kwame for a Big (Maybe S&T with Pho for Amare or Tor for Bosh):pray::pray::pray:

Wall/Bynum
Stuckey/Gordon
Prince/Daye
Jerebko/C-Vill
Amare or Bosh/J-Max or Wilcox

Now thats a dream lol

td0tsfinest
04-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Clippers draft this guy named Cole Aldrich. They sign a good free agent, and we're set to playoffs :D

why though? Do you have no confident in Kaman and Griffin. You should go for a SF.

thescore53
04-12-2010, 04:29 PM
there will be alot of dissapointed people when bosh resigns

GSW Hoops
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Resign Wade
Sign Amare

DYNASTY!

Yeah, cuz Beasley is worth CP3.

ManningToTyree
04-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Pacers

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Iodine
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Spurs
Skull**** RJ untill he opts out

other than that I dont care

Mr. Net32
04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
At best
Hire Coach K or JVG
Draft John Wall or Cousins
Sign Lebron James