PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Early playoff exits???

majmarcus
04-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Ok Ballers! Give me your thoughts on who you think will make surprise early playoff exit!!!! I know match-ups aren't etched in stone as of right now. But almost every yr, there is someone advancing further or being more competitive than originally thought as well as someone leavin earlier than originally thought! Who goes early and in how many games??????

:guns: :hide:
"U think those guns scare me? Yeah, I was gonna get under this chair anyway!"

Ragun
04-11-2010, 11:58 AM
possibly the lakers because of derek ****ing fisher.

maybe the nuggets...no george karl is hurting them.

celtics...not the same team anymore.

Lord Leoshes
04-11-2010, 12:02 PM
If ATL, & MIA face off, ATL will be gone after the 1st.

Lakers4ItAll
04-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Cavs have a few injurys so a hungry Bobcats team could possibly beat them

Nuggets could be out early w/out Karl

CAVS21
04-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Orlando could if they overlook Atlanta, Orlando is better obviously but what if they get ahead of themselves thinking about getting back to the finals? I doubt it but it could happen. My Cavs could get pushed in the second round if like I said could happen to Orlando they look ahead to the ECF and a rematch with Orlando. Looks to be an exciting playoff time this year....the West is absolutely wide open. Utah is going to give people fits....and you know if they are healthy you cannot count out the Spurs. L.A needs to play less sloppy or they could get chopped early too

CAVS21
04-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Cavs have a few injurys so a hungry Bobcats team could possibly beat them
Nuggets could be out early w/out Karl

Beat them no.....scare them a little, yes. But they're the 7 so they'd have to get to the ECF

MacFitz92
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Holy ****, am I not the only one who noticed he spelt exit wrong?

It's: Suprise Early playoff exit?

Not: Suprise Early playoff exist?

:facepalm: Wasn't even an accident, you did it twice.

bosoxlover12
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM
In the 1st round i think Denver and Utah have the best shot at losing.... Denver vs OKC... Durant will be tough to beat

PHO vs. UTAH... Amare is a beast, and frye/jrich are beasts from 3

in the east, i say no 1st round exits. Boston as the best shot of getting knocked out, however Milwaukee does not have the bigs to stop Perkins and Garnett. But that game will be the 2nd straight year that it is a battle with rondo and the rookie PG (jennings)

bosoxlover12
04-11-2010, 12:48 PM

hhahahahh good find!

Hustla23
04-11-2010, 12:57 PM
No. I don't think surprise early playoffs exist.

The playoffs have always started around the same time each year. :)

HoopsDrive
04-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Safest pick would be Boston but I don't think it would be that surprising compared to other years. They're out of contention for most people so if they have a 1st round exit it really wouldn't stun me at all.

My personal pick for surprise exit are... the Nuggets. Circumstances aside, I can see a surprise 1st round exit for them if they get a bad matchup.

MacFitz92
04-11-2010, 01:01 PM

:laugh2:

AntwanN21
04-11-2010, 01:03 PM
the cavs get swept 4-0 by the raptors aha just kidding

but i think Phoneix will be the first of the top teams out. I think if they play OKC or Portland there is a strong chance they lose

Ragun
04-11-2010, 01:11 PM

:rolleyes:

CAVS21
04-11-2010, 01:13 PM

bahahah :clap::clap::clap:

BlinkManJan02
04-11-2010, 01:14 PM
If the Bucks had Bogut I could see them upsetting Boston or Atlanta in the first round. Too bad he got hurt.

majmarcus
04-11-2010, 01:24 PM

Hahahaha...good find lugnuts! I didn't even notice and yes it was an accident,lol. But I'm glad someone pointed that out....I corrected it ;)

BlinkManJan02
04-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Hahahaha...good find lugnuts! I didn't even notice and yes it was an accident,lol. But I'm glad someone pointed that out....I corrected it ;)

I didn't notice it either haha.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-11-2010, 02:08 PM
theres going to be a lot from the west because of how close everyone is..From the east i think bobcats and raptors will do damage:P

JLynn943
04-11-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't think anybody losing in the west would be a surprise given how deep it is other than Portland over Lakers (which I don't think will happen).

In the East I could see Boston losing in the first round. Maybe Atlanta too.

Avenged
04-11-2010, 02:34 PM
If the Bucks had Bogut I could see them upsetting Boston or Atlanta in the first round. Too bad he got hurt.

Lets not get carried away. They're not quite there just yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do upset the Celtics.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Should've made a poll....I'll remake this thread but put a poll, then a mod should merge our 2 threads together.

jackdawson
04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't call anyhing in the west upset. Teams are pretty close. Anything could happen since there is no clear fav. East is different. My pick is Boston.

justinnum1
04-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Whoever Miami plays

lakersfan211
04-11-2010, 09:41 PM
the lake show could be out early the way their playing right now , to be honest i already thrown in the towell on them repeating . i wouldnt say the suns would be a suprise because i dont think their that good to begin with , the thuggets could be out if karl doesnt come back , the mavs could be out early because look it their history in the playoffs getting manhandled by an 8 seed a couple of years back is the biggest embarasment in nba playoff history .

GspLAL
04-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Pretty sure no one gives a **** about grammar, this is an NBA forum not an English class.

To answer the question, I would say Denver/Boston/Atl

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Fruitcake, it's "spelled" and "surprise" now shut your trap!

reffahead
04-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Miami added nothing in the offseason, Atlanta added Crawford, Teague, and Joe Smith.

We beat them fools with Flip Murray playing heavy minutes last season.

GoatMilk
04-11-2010, 10:07 PM
lol this is such a laker thread

they're playing like crap lately, and have lost to the 3 teams that could finish 8th (SA/OKC/POR) the past 2 weeks

ok so i guess thats what you wanted to hear. the lakers

IAmKira
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM

there should be a rule about idiotic fans supporting their team without a legit reason :facepalm:

Avenged
04-11-2010, 10:19 PM

:laugh: PWNED!

knickfan4life
04-11-2010, 10:26 PM
i think the SPURS will upset someone, even though they are older, they are still a mentally tough and hardworking team with talent. I think they will get past the 1st round

Mavrix
04-11-2010, 10:54 PM

Damn you got him.

BlinkManJan02
04-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Lets not get carried away. They're not quite there just yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do upset the Celtics.

Yeah, they just lost to the Celtics by 15 last night, at home. That doesn't make me feel as confident about a possible upset. They better play better if they face them in the playoffs!

Becks2307
04-11-2010, 11:24 PM

actually "spelt' is the British word, you know where they Invented the language we speak. Us americans made up the word 'spelled'

cant defend him with 'suprise' though lol

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
LA could be in for a surprise.

the_jon
04-11-2010, 11:33 PM
actually "spelt' is the British word, you know where they Invented the language we speak. Us americans made up the word spelled'
The first part is right, the second is not.

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:38 PM
LA could be in for a surprise.

You know what I just noticed?

I disagree with you the most here on PSD. :p

Tony_Starks
04-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Not sure how big a surprise it will be but the Celtics probably wont make it out the first round. I also see the Spurs beating anyone in round one except the Lakers.

shep33
04-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Whoever plays the Spurs 1st round could get tossed early

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:48 PM
You know what I just noticed?

I disagree with you the most here on PSD. :p

agree to disagree my friend! My brother (poor child) lives in LA w/his wife & kids, we do this everyday! I do hope to crash in his guest room come Finals time and I hope you know we are only talkin sports, nothin personal! Hell I'll buy the first beer at the game!!:cheers:

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:51 PM
agree to disagree my friend! My brother (poor child) lives in LA w/his wife & kids, we do this everyday! I do hope to crash in his guest room come Finals time and I hope you know we are only talkin sports, nothin personal! Hell I'll buy the first beer at the game!!:cheers:

As long as you buy the first beer it's all good!

I'll buy the beers to celebrate when the Lakers beat the Magic. :p

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:53 PM
As long as you buy the first beer it's all good!

I'll buy the beers to celebrate when the Lakers beat the Magic. :p

cool cool, good luck!

iggypop123
04-11-2010, 11:57 PM
its difficult to tell in the west since the matchups arent decided yet. the lakers wont have trouble in the first round, they wont be upset. some people really do think the sky falls with the lakers. anyways in the east. my early pick would have been charlote vs the cavs given that shaq was only on his way back and gerald wallace is a beast that can take on lebron, but looks like the raptors will take the 1st round raping. its almost a bye week for the cavs at this rate. i honetsly dont see any major upsets in the east a 5 beating a 4 is not an upset, the best candidate would be the bobcats over the magic, but that depends on their big men being healthy. nazr has to be healthy. his body with, tyson, and diop and ratliff have them equiped to throw bodies at howard and charlottes fowards are superior in size and strenght to orlandos and they can run the pick and roll with diaw. also brown is a genius and can play playoff style basketball.

Roy Rogers
04-12-2010, 12:58 AM

Normally I wouldn't do this because grammar nazi's are terrible, but 'spelt' is not a word, unless you were talking about the crop, which I don't think you were. Spelled would have been acceptable.

If your going to rag on someone for their mistakes, DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE (especially in the exact post)!

Kyben36
04-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Cleveland, IMO, but im a bulls fan and I just think we can own them.

and Also, even if they do beat us, they wont beat the Magic, this hole Shaq thing is going to backfire sooooo bad, watch hack a shax to the fullest extent, having shaq on the floor with to defend Dwight will only lead to offensive plays without any exicution from lebron. Shaq will then be benched, and Dwight will go to work.

AriGold23
04-12-2010, 12:59 PM
The Bulls were playing themselves into the 5 seed had it not been for injuries to Rose and Noah (an some soreness in deng) they would not have fallen to the 8-seed. Do I think they have a chance to beat the Cavs-No...but I do think they have the ability to give them a little first round scare, the Bulls with a healthy Noah and Rose could be scary.

kobebabe
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Miami will upset whoever they will play in round 1 so easily. Wade is still wade.

In the west, we have to agree that there will be no real upsets since every team is super talented. However, the nuggets could exit early minus carl. They need his presence!

C-TownPhantom
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
its difficult to tell in the west since the matchups arent decided yet. the lakers wont have trouble in the first round, they wont be upset. some people really do think the sky falls with the lakers. anyways in the east. my early pick would have been charlote vs the cavs given that shaq was only on his way back and gerald wallace is a beast that can take on lebron, but looks like the raptors will take the 1st round raping. its almost a bye week for the cavs at this rate. i honetsly dont see any major upsets in the east a 5 beating a 4 is not an upset, the best candidate would be the bobcats over the magic, but that depends on their big men being healthy. nazr has to be healthy. his body with, tyson, and diop and ratliff have them equiped to throw bodies at howard and charlottes fowards are superior in size and strenght to orlandos and they can run the pick and roll with diaw. also brown is a genius and can play playoff style basketball.

Best response in this thread by far, co-sign 100%.

alencp3
04-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Lakers,Nuggs,Mavs,Jazz

Lord Leoshes
04-12-2010, 03:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Come talk to me after the 1st round.:shush:

Lord Leoshes
04-12-2010, 03:44 PM
there should be a rule about idiotic fans supporting their team without a legit reason :facepalm:

For starters, MIA was 3-2 in last years series till JO, & Moon went down to injuries. & Anthony, & J Jones were forced to start the final 2 games.

Then this year we are 3-1.

ATL added Crawford.
MIA Added Q, who is playing way better then Moon ever was, Arroyo who has out played Chalmers last years starter, Wright who was injured last year, & has become a factor going down the stretch.
Then Add a healthy JO, & add 2nd year Beasley who for some reason loves feasting on J Smith.
& you have your answer there.

& i should only need to explain this to idiots who have not followed these teams threw out the season. :facepalm:

Sly Guy
04-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I think the earliest playoff exit will go to my raptors, as they will not make it in this year.

Goddamned worst collapse I've ever seen.

Raidaz4Life
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Lakers easily... I honestly don't even think they will win their first round series regardless of who it is against.

Joshtd1
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
In the East..I would think Boston or ATL.

West I would think Nugs or Suns.

GSW Hoops
04-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Lakers gone in the first round. Book it.

Big Zo
04-12-2010, 04:56 PM

There should be a rule about idiotic people in general.

Miami took them to 7 games last year and have beaten them 3 out of 4 this year. If there's any team Miami can beat in the playoffs, it's Atlanta.

iggypop123
04-12-2010, 05:50 PM
of cours miami can beat atlatna. they are too damn similar of a team. the advantage is is atlanta has crawford to rape any pg miami throws out there. no team has a inside game, but miami refuses to run.

Hawkeye15
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
with the way the Lakers have played recently, coupled with their injuries, I could see them being knocked out in round 2. I find it hard to believe Portland, SA, or OKC will beat them, but I would not be surprised in the least if in round 2 they get beat