PDA

View Full Version : Demar Derozan - what do you guys think of him?

phoenix_bladen
04-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm a raptor fan and i'm a bit biased with my own players so i'm just wonder what you guys think of him?

not a lot of people talk about him outside of the raptors this year

does he have potential ... all star?

and what do you guys think of his rookie season? good or bad ... ?

mvb815
04-10-2010, 10:03 AM
personally i think he is a bust, he will be a solid roll player maybe, but if i was toronto i'd invest more time in sonny weems

king4day
04-10-2010, 10:06 AM
I haven't seen him more than the two Suns games so I can't comment on his game.

I'll just say he's a good guy by me

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-10-2010, 10:07 AM
a role player at best

billy17
04-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Reminds me of Jamario Moon. Hes got potential though

I agree about Weems, hes a stud

CB29
04-10-2010, 10:38 AM
i think sonny has the chance to be most improved player next year and for roughly $800,000 i think that he might be the most underpaid player in the nba next year.
Demars got a chance to be better cause he has to finish better and work on his jumpshot and perimeter defense more

MattyPatty
04-10-2010, 10:42 AM
decent havent hit highest potential tho

td0tsfinest
04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
There is a lot of things he can improve on but he's only 20 years old. Considering the guy is the 4th or 5th option when he's on the floor and is still averaging 8.5 ppg, isn't all bad.

Give him some time.

Daze9900
04-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Reminds me of Jamario Moon. Hes got potential though

I agree about Weems, hes a stud

+1 I was going to say the same thing.

dtmagnet
04-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Demar was drafted as a raw guy with potential, it will be a few years before you can pass judgment on him.

Don P.Belasario
04-10-2010, 11:07 AM
He hasn't lived up to the hype. I think there is a reason he fell to 10th in the draft. Weems is soooo much better its not even funny. IMO we would be in a different situation had Weems been allowed to devlop as the starter and DD came off the bench. In defense of our idiot coach no one new Sonny was this good.

kurivaimu
04-10-2010, 11:08 AM
I think he is a big bust and was way overhyped before the draft.
I have seen him a lot of times, and i think that except for his athleticism he really doesn't posess any other qualities worth mentioning..

Seriously raptor fans, i feel for you. Your going to lose Bosh this summer..You signed the turk-turd to a crappy contract, your draft pick was a bust, jose calderon is way overrated...Tough times.

Asham
04-10-2010, 11:22 AM
superstar in the making

Raph12
04-10-2010, 11:27 AM
I think Jamario Moon is dead on.

Rapthug
04-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Saying Demar is a bust is ridiculous. For most of the year, he was the 5th option on offense. What did you expect the guy to do? He has had a typical rookie year, esp for a 20 yr old, looked great one game and bad the next. He seems like a good worker and wants to get better. I'm not saying he's gonna be an all star every year but I think he'll be solid.

Korman12
04-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I never declare players busts or successes before the draft or after one season, so I'll wont say much about his status, but he seemed to fit in the exact kind of role most expected him to. Some overrated him, some underrated, so he's right where he should be in terms of production one season into his career.

He's no where near as disappointing as players like Hill, Henderson and Clark, who were all drafted around the same area, though. Still, give him another season before we can make the assumption of where he truly stands.

Rapthug
04-10-2010, 11:30 AM
^^^How does he remind you on Jamario? Demar doesn't stay at the 3 point line and take 3's all game. Jamario only goes to the hoop when the lane is wide open. Demar takes mid-range jumpers, attacks the hoop in traffic, and can get to the line. He pretty much is the opposite of Moon.

clutchski
04-10-2010, 11:34 AM
He has a much better shot than Jamario. He also handles the ball a hell of a lot better, and shows flashes of attacking the rim strongly. He's a hell of a lot younger than Jamario.

And although I like Sonny (especially his shot mechanics and selection), he's THREE years older than DeMar. That's three years more experience DeMar will have in the NBA when he's Sonny's age.

gerber
04-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Demar will one day be a star. he needs some time and a good coach.

WEEMS is going to average 20 points next season. whoever drafeted him and let him go must be kicking themselves rite now.

DayDreamz
04-10-2010, 11:47 AM
demar need more time to develop.... but weems.... that guy is gonna be a really good player. Denver should be kicking themself right now for letting him go!

thescore53
04-10-2010, 11:53 AM
so glad we have weems huge surprise for us , demar i think has the potential to be a lock down defender he's really raw right now though

Hawkeye15
04-10-2010, 11:54 AM
could be a good role player, who throws down highlight plays. I don't think he is intelligent enough to be a star, but he could easily be a Corey Brewer type player for example.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2010, 11:55 AM
so glad we have weems huge surprise for us , demar i think has the potential to be a lock down defender he's really raw right now though

while he has a poor defensive rating right now, due to limited experience, I kinda agree with you

arkanian215
04-10-2010, 11:58 AM
i like the kid. works on his game and pretty calm and collected the times ive seen him play. he has nice form on his jumper though and has the frame to become a good player. the athletic comparisons with vc were a bit over the top. he still has time to build up that athleticism. http://i42.tinypic.com/o7m4g4.jpg looks like a typical rookie campaign. he can definitely get a lot better though. it just depends on how many touches he gets. if toronto is committed to developing him as their future star, they'd make him the goto guy.

Miltown34
04-10-2010, 11:59 AM
How is Weems considered a stud and DeRozan a bust or not all that good if he is 3 years younger ?....It's funny to me how someone would call a young guy who has really good potential a role player at best and has really played well the last couple of months, but a guy who's a bit better and is 3 years older, closer 2 his prime is considered all this. I think some people forget that when your 20 years old your not going to be the same player you see that year.

RadiantShot
04-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Barely below Mediocre.

Not sure how to rate him. He's not really a threat, unless he's dunking. Then we can talk. At least he's solid for the Raptors. He plays sort of a lesser J.J. Redick role I guess you could say.

BALLER71
04-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Should never be more than a 3rd option. I think he's a role player but we'll see. I really like the Jamario Moon comparison.

GodsSon
04-10-2010, 12:09 PM
People need to understand Jamario Moon is a complete DONKEY on the basketball court who think's he's Kobe and would rather float around on the perimeter...DeMar has good IQ for a rookie and never forces anything, not to mention he actually attacks aggressively when he sees the opportunity...his potential far exceeds Moon, and besides, what did you expect from a rookie who was the fifth option on the floor at all times this season and was often told to stand in the corner should a double team leave him open?

MagicBucsSox
04-10-2010, 12:11 PM
drafted as a dunker an his dunks suck, cant say he'll never be good but i dont see it

smith&wesson
04-10-2010, 12:15 PM
i dont think demar will ever be a star.

he will be good though in a few seasons he will be a solid starter.

sonny weems has won me over, i love the kid. he could be a star in the league if we gave him consistant minutes.

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 12:17 PM
lol As soon as I saw this thread in top 10 I knew it would just be ppl spurting a whole bunch of bullcrap. someone answer me this...how the hell can someone be a bust in their rookie season? WTF? He was never expected to be one of the top rookies like Tyreke, Curry, Blake and Flynn. When drafted he was a raw player with TONS OF POTENTIAL, which he still is right now, so we got what was expected. Just because he's not averaging 15-18 ppg and 5-7 rbg he's a bust? Has he been a little bit disappointing? I guess so, because I predicted 10-12 ppg, but w/e our team has a lot of scoring options. You guys act like you have to dominate as a rookie to be a star in the NBA. Did KG dominate? T-Mac? Hell ****ing Kobe didn't even dominate in his rookie season and look at him now...and if i can recall his #s were worse than Demar's...You guys need to realize he's 20 years old!!!!! not everyone is friggin Lebron James and can come out and dominate at such a young age....some people take longer to develop than others. Jesus, some of you guys have some really stupid judgment...Calling a 20 year old a bust? A Jamario Moon at best? LOLOLOL:facepalm:

nstojic
04-10-2010, 12:26 PM
lol As soon as I saw this thread in top 10 I knew it would just be ppl spurting a whole bunch of bullcrap. someone answer me this...how the hell can someone be a bust in their rookie season? WTF? He was never expected to be one of the top rookies like Tyreke, Curry, Blake and Flynn. When drafted he was a raw player with TONS OF POTENTIAL, which he still is right now, so we got what was expected. Just because he's not averaging 15-18 ppg and 5-7 rbg he's a bust? Has he been a little bit disappointing? I guess so, because I predicted 10-12 ppg, but w/e our team has a lot of scoring options. You guys act like you have to dominate as a rookie to be a star in the NBA. Did KG dominate? T-Mac? Hell ****ing Kobe didn't even dominate in his rookie season and look at him now...and if i can recall his #s were worse than Demar's...You guys need to realize he's 20 years old!!!!! not everyone is friggin Lebron James and can come out and dominate at such a young age....some people take longer to develop than others. Jesus, some of you guys have some really stupid judgment...Calling a 20 year old a bust? A Jamario Moon at best? LOLOLOL:facepalm:

+1

this guy makes the most sense

Toenail Clipper
04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
He's lame.

Rego247
04-10-2010, 12:37 PM
He's lame.

at least he played his rookie reason :D

La11
04-10-2010, 12:40 PM

+2!!

Sonny Weems is playing good but you guys are way overrating him:clap:!! Demar as a bust averaging 8 ppg as a rookie:facepalm::facepalm:? Raptors are not rushing his development and making life better for a raw talented rookie. Speaking of overrating someone....REGGIE EVANS:cry: why does he think his our offensive low post treat all of a sudden????:mad:

La11
04-10-2010, 12:45 PM
+1 I was going to say the same thing.

so Danilo Gallinari was also considered a bust in his rookie season......look at him now!!

Toenail Clipper
04-10-2010, 12:46 PM
at least he played his rookie reason :D

Blake Griffin will emerge as the best player in the NBA next season, jk

thescore53
04-10-2010, 12:49 PM
wake me up, wake me up young fella

ink
04-10-2010, 12:52 PM
^^^How does he remind you on Jamario? Demar doesn't stay at the 3 point line and take 3's all game. Jamario only goes to the hoop when the lane is wide open. Demar takes mid-range jumpers, attacks the hoop in traffic, and can get to the line. He pretty much is the opposite of Moon.

Exactly. When I see comments like "he's just like Moon" it only shows unfamiliarity with DeRozan. They're complete opposites. Besides, Moon is seriously not bright, and scared to death of contact. DeMar is a pretty smart player who will find a way to get to the rim 2-3 times a game in limited minutes.

ink
04-10-2010, 12:54 PM

Pretty much nailed it.

chitownbears89
04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
The next gerald green.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-10-2010, 12:59 PM
one thing about derozan he needs to bulk up bad this summer, fine tune his body a bit more and work on thsoe jumpers more and well be good...He can be a corey maggette type in driving to the hoop and getting fouled a lot and getting most of his points that way...But on defence he has nice potential but again needs to add a lot of muscle

Eagles4Lyfe
04-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I have seen him a lot of times, and i think that except for his athleticism he really doesn't posess any other qualities worth mentioning..

Seriously raptor fans, i feel for you. Your going to lose Bosh this summer..You signed the turk-turd to a crappy contract, your draft pick was a bust, jose calderon is way overrated...Tough times.

a trail blazer fan jumping the gun on calling people busts, ya ok hows oden working out for you

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Pretty much nailed it.

yea like I can understand people's opinion but to call Demar a Jamario Moon at best is freakin ridiculous....people just judge Demar on the 2-3 games they've seen of him. I know most of u guys haven't even seen a lot of Raps games cuz they're never on national TV...

Rego247
04-10-2010, 01:07 PM
a trail blazer fan jumping the gun on calling people busts, ya ok hows oden working out for you

lmao nice

Rego247
04-10-2010, 01:08 PM
yea like I can understand people's opinion but to call Demar a Jamario Moon at best is freakin ridiculous....people just judge Demar on the 2-3 games they've seen of him. I know most of u guys haven't even seen a lot of Raps games cuz they're never on national TV...

yup the comparison to moon, is pretty stupid considerign jamario being so athlethic settles for jump shots.

with demar he uses that atleticism to get to line ..big difference

randomness
04-10-2010, 01:09 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

SA5195
04-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Kobe averaged 7.6 ppg in his rookie year, while Derozan's averaging 8.6 around the same minutes.

Not saying Derozan will be anything like Kobe, but you guys calling him a bust, is insane.

Him being Jamario Moon at best is probably the funniest thing I heard about him lol.

HoopsDrive
04-10-2010, 02:15 PM
The guys that compared DeRozan to Moon are all of a sudden silent now.

Props to Saddler btw, :clap:

DeRozan's a project. You gotta wait at least 3 years before passing judgment on the kid. Calling a rookie a bust before even his first season is over is ridiculously stupid.

billy17
04-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I never said he was Moon at best, but he reminds me of moon right now. Not even a bad thing, I like him and also said I feel he has a lot of potential. No, I havent seen him play a lot, but from what Ive seen hes feakishly athletic and he relies on his slashing ability. Thus the comparison to Jamario Moon.

Id bet money he has an exponentially better career than Moon, but he reminds me of Moon right now.

ink
04-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I never said he was Moon at best, but he reminds me of moon right now. Not even a bad thing, I like him and also said I feel he has a lot of potential. No, I havent seen him play a lot, but from what Ive seen hes feakishly athletic and he relies on his slashing ability. Thus the comparison to Jamario Moon.

Id bet money he has an exponentially better career than Moon, but he reminds me of Moon right now.

Then you must not watch Moon or DeRozan. Moon is allergic to basketball games. He only drives during layup drills.

ChiSox219
04-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Saying Demar is a bust is ridiculous. For most of the year, he was the 5th option on offense. What did you expect the guy to do? He has had a typical rookie year, esp for a 20 yr old, looked great one game and bad the next. He seems like a good worker and wants to get better. I'm not saying he's gonna be an all star every year but I think he'll be solid.

I agree and because of age, I'd take DD over Weems long term.

HoopsDrive
04-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Then you must not watch Moon or DeRozan. Moon is allergic to basketball games. He only drives during layup drills.

Or if there's absolutely no one between him and the basket...

Only time I seen him try and posterize someone was here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oQ2vLuKt9Q&feature=related

billy17
04-10-2010, 02:43 PM
No, I havent seen him play a lot

Gotta cut to the hoop to go up for an oop.. right?

FlakeyFool
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
ahaha this thread is hilarious.
Bust? HES IN HIS FIRST SEASON.
Hype? What hype? lmao
"Jamario Moon is an excellent comparsion" - seriously? That just deserves a facepalm.

Hes 20 years old and averaging 8.6 points per game in LIMITED minutes.

Kyben36
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
He isnt what the raptrors fans made him out to be at the begining of the year thats for sure. they acted like he was the next Vince CArter, and they are still only batling for the 8th spot with the bulls, He wasnt much of a diference maker this year.

HoopsDrive
04-10-2010, 03:06 PM
He isnt what the raptrors fans made him out to be at the begining of the year thats for sure. they acted like he was the next Vince CArter, and they are still only batling for the 8th spot with the bulls, He wasnt much of a diference maker this year.

Next VC? We hoped he would immediately make a difference in the standings? As a rookie?

:facepalm:

FlakeyFool
04-10-2010, 03:21 PM

lol :facepalm:

kozelkid
04-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Calling him a bust is pretty stupid considering he was drafted at the 9th pick in a weak draft. Most likely he will be a decent role player. Unfortunately, there really isn't any role he can provide that he'd be good at... He is a poor shooter and nothing special as a defender, though I do think he has the tools to eventually develop into a very good defender. It's a little sad given that early on people thought he had the tools to be the next Carter. However, he hasn't really ever shown the ability to take over (in college or NBA) and without a jumpshot, there's no chance of that.
If people actually believed by draft time that there was still a chance he could be the next Vince Carter, then yes, he's a bust. For those, who were realistic about him, he's nothing more than a very athletic wing man. However, he can be anywhere from a Gerald Green to possibly an Iguodala(minus the ability to create for others, so maybe a Ronnie Brewer?) imo. He has alot of work to do though. Very, very raw, and generally in the NBA, you don't have more than 3 years to prove yourself.

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 05:24 PM

what? Jamario Moon doesn't drive at all and never did. He thinks he's a jump shooter, which he isnt. That's why we got rid of him and Raps fans got pissed off at him cuz he wasn't using his athleticism

Korman12
04-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Calling him a bust is pretty stupid considering he was drafted at the 9th pick in a weak draft. Most likely he will be a decent role player. Unfortunately, there really isn't any role he can provide that he'd be good at... He is a poor shooter and nothing special as a defender, though I do think he has the tools to eventually develop into a very good defender. It's a little sad given that early on people thought he had the tools to be the next Carter. However, he hasn't really ever shown the ability to take over (in college or NBA) and without a jumpshot, there's no chance of that.
If people actually believed by draft time that there was still a chance he could be the next Vince Carter, then yes, he's a bust. For those, who were realistic about him, he's nothing more than a very athletic wing man. However, he can be anywhere from a Gerald Green to possibly an Iguodala(minus the ability to create for others, so maybe a Ronnie Brewer?) imo. He has alot of work to do though. Very, very raw, and generally in the NBA, you don't have more than 3 years to prove yourself.

I think it's pretty much been established that despite what people thought before this season, that the 2009 class was not a weak class.

drobe86
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Derozin's ok but will never be a great player. He'll be a career 13 ppg game guy with 4 or rebounds....

SeoulBeatz
04-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Demar is not a bust but I can't help thinking of Gerald Green when trying to find a player to compare him too.

I like Demar's dunks, but everytime i've watched the Raptors this year, Sonny Weems just looks like a better version of Demar out there. I know it's his rookie year but Demar looks a little raw. I'm sure he'll work that out with time, but I'm just not a fan out of what I'm seeing from him this year.

kozelkid
04-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I think it's pretty much been established that despite what people thought before this season, that the 2009 class was not a weak class.

It's still an average class at best. Only difference is that there is more star power than originally thought.

Korman12
04-10-2010, 06:43 PM
It's still an average class at best. Only difference is that there is more star power than originally thought.

That's fine. Just calling it weak was a bit too far.

iFYouSeekAmy
04-10-2010, 06:44 PM

faridk89
04-10-2010, 07:02 PM

bust at age 20....harsh much?

JWO35
04-10-2010, 07:07 PM
He won't be the next VC that all Raptors fan are hoping for. IMO he'll just be a soild guy(not a bust but not an All Star)

kidfury
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Like any 20 yr old kid, Demar has things to work on. I think he needs to bulk up and work on his shot. Comparing him to Weems at this point, who's a few years older and obviously looks much stronger to DD isn't fair. I think given time 3 yrs from now, a 23 yr old Demar compared to a 23 yr old Weems will show an advantage for DD. He is very young and will no doubt become stronger and more confident about driving to the net more often in the future. I think added strength and a larger role in the offensive scheme, DD will be looking very impressive. So no he isn't a bust.

MacFitz92
04-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Too early to tell, but looks like eventually he can be a solid role player. He doesn't have the talent to be an All Star.

MacFitz92
04-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Demar is not a bust but I can't help thinking of Gerald Green when trying to find a player to compare him too.

I like Demar's dunks, but everytime i've watched the Raptors this year, Sonny Weems just looks like a better version of Demar out there. I know it's his rookie year but Demar looks a little raw. I'm sure he'll work that out with time, but I'm just not a fan out of what I'm seeing from him this year.

Wow. Nicely put, reminds me a lot of Green as well.

uprightciti
04-10-2010, 08:00 PM
trade him to okc or the hornets

RadiantShot
04-10-2010, 08:14 PM
LMFAO. Raptors fans. Haha. Nobody's even in this thread anymore, and you're still pissed off and arguing, although I have no clue who the hell you're arguing at.

_KB24_
04-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Role player at best. Everyone is right here, Sonny Weems is where it's at.

koreancabbage
04-10-2010, 08:31 PM
i'll wait until he plays next year, can't call him a bust after one season- its what he does in his sophomore year that justify what he is.

Weems - one more great offseason in working his handles and jumpshot- he's gonna be a stud. as of right now Weems is better in both than Derozan and is justifying him to start. (he's an even better in game dunker than Derozan)

HoopsDrive
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
LMFAO. Raptors fans. Haha. Nobody's even in this thread anymore, and you're still pissed off and arguing, although I have no clue who the hell you're arguing at.

I don't see any signs of anyone being pissed off or angry. People are just having a debate.

Role player at best. Everyone is right here, Sonny Weems is where it's at.

Not everyone is right for two reasons:
1. There were some people calling him a bust. Before his first season is even finished. That is beyond stupid.

2. There were some people comparing him to Jamario Moon. DeRozan isn't afraid to drive to the hoop, to make contact and doesn't hover on the perimeter 90% of the time. Sounds like the complete opposite of Moon to me.

SA5195
04-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Kinda surprised that people know about Weems.

Nice to see him getting some recognition.

Draco
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Demar will one day be a star. he needs some time and a good coach.

WEEMS is going to average 20 points next season. whoever drafeted him and let him go must be kicking themselves rite now.

NBA Draft: 2008 / 2nd round, (39th overall)
Selected by the Chicago Bulls

Career history
Colorado 14ers (D-League) (2008–09)
Denver Nuggets (2008–09)

Bulls kicking themselves? Lets see how he does next season.

IversonIsKrazy
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
I don't think he'll be an all-star, but a solid play nonetheless, I can see him getting 17ppg 5rpg in his prime. But his teammate, Weems, I can see an all-star in him.

billy17
04-10-2010, 09:06 PM
what? Jamario Moon doesn't drive at all and never did. He thinks he's a jump shooter, which he isnt. That's why we got rid of him and Raps fans got pissed off at him cuz he wasn't using his athleticism

There's a difference between slashing and driving..

But just forget the Moon comparison, you guys obviously dont like Moon and take offense to that comparison.. I think hes a talented, young, athletic guy whos development will be very dependent on coaching, system, work ethic and his ability to accept his role.

Give him another year or two and the responses wont be so all over the place

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 09:17 PM

funny how u laugh at us when we defend our players and when people talk crap about D12 you're ready to have a heart attack...:eyebrow:

there's plenty of people other than raps fans in this thread. If u think Demar is a bust now, you don't know jack crap about basketball because I dunno how the hell u call someone a bust after their 1st season isn't even over yet...:facepalm:

Ray_R
04-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Solid Starter 14 5 3

ldc62
04-10-2010, 09:46 PM
WHy is everyone so high on Weems... I think Demar is going to be better.

-Big-Baby-
04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
How do you expect to say someone is a bust after ONE season? He scores what 8-10 ppg.Thats not enough for you guys? I forgot you guys want Lebron numbers. You guys seriously do NOT know basketball. Demar is good, let him develop. He will be a solid guy and maybe could turn into our franchise if Bosh leaves.

ink
04-10-2010, 10:07 PM
^ When you think about it though Raptors fans, the OP DID ask other fans what they thought. Whether they're right or wrong, this is what people think of DD.

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 10:14 PM
^ When you think about it though Raptors fans, the OP DID ask other fans what they thought. Whether they're right or wrong, this is what people think of DD.

Yea i understand that but calling a 20 year old a bust after his rookie season is absolute garbage. I don't care which circumstance it's under.

RadiantShot
04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
funny how u laugh at us when we defend our players and when people talk crap about D12 you're ready to have a heart attack...:eyebrow:

there's plenty of people other than raps fans in this thread. If u think Demar is a bust now, you don't know jack crap about basketball because I dunno how the hell u call someone a bust after their 1st season isn't even over yet...:facepalm:

There you are! I was looking for a Raptors fan.

LOL. When people talk bad about Dwight Howard, I have facts to back up my statement, and come on now, it's Dwight Howard. Not Demar Derozan :facepalm:

And either way, I never called him a bust, so slow your roll.

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 10:46 PM
There you are! I was looking for a Raptors fan.

LOL. When people talk bad about Dwight Howard, I have facts to back up my statement, and come on now, it's Dwight Howard. Not Demar Derozan :facepalm:

And either way, I never called him a bust, so slow your roll.

Well I had facts backing up Demar too....look on page 3 if u want. And I don't give a crap if a player is a star or not...people saying he's a Jamario Moon at best and a bust are stupid because how the hell can a 20 year old be labelled as a bust after 1 season? Like I said before, Kobe's rookie season was worse than Demar's, so how can any1 label him a bust already?

And you were laughing at Raptors fans as if we had nothing to argue about and that Demar isn't a good player...wtf would you expect me to think?

RadiantShot
04-10-2010, 10:54 PM

Well I had facts backing up Demar too....look on page 3 if u want. And I don't give a crap if a player is a star or not...people saying he's a Jamario Moon at best and a bust are stupid because how the hell can a 20 year old be labelled as a bust after 1 season? Like I said before, Kobe's rookie season was worse than Demar's, so how can any1 label him a bust already?

And you were laughing at Raptors fans as if we had nothing to argue about and that Demar isn't a good player...wtf would you expect me to think?

..:sigh:..

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 10:56 PM
..:sigh:..

:shush:

SA5195
04-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Stop the hate, y'all are killing trees lol jk

ink
04-10-2010, 11:17 PM
OK guys, move on please.

Rego247
04-10-2010, 11:58 PM
ppl who dont know anything about the kid, rushing to conclusions, :facepalm:

but surprised to see a lot of ppl giving props to weems, didnt think ppl even knew who he was besides us and denver fans.

aside from moronic posts by some ppl, nice to see ppl actually appreciate up and coming basketball talent regardless where they play. props.

G-Bay New J
04-11-2010, 12:02 AM
I like Demar, it's far too early to call him a bust but I don't see any star potential. He'll be a solid role player for years.

I could be wrong though.

Rego247
04-11-2010, 12:37 AM
I like Demar, it's far too early to call him a bust but I don't see any star potential. He'll be a solid role player for years.

I could be wrong though.

i agree with that and its fair, from what i have seen i think hes gonna be a significant role player for the team, i think weems will be the stud imo.

whats not fair is ppl labeling a bust after one season, as saddler so efficiently pointed out

Kakaroach
04-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I haven't seen anything special from him yet, but his ceiling is still sky-high. I think the Raptors should give him a few more years to develop because he has lot of work to do defensively and on his jump shot.

But if he gets his game together, he could be a very good wing player in this league.

Ragun
04-11-2010, 11:49 AM
derozan is playing exactly how i expected him to play this season. he is an incredible athlete, he has very good slashing ability which is getting better, he has an improving jump shot, his main focus is defense (right now he sucks but he has been showing good signs as of late) AND he has the work ethic. he will be a star but nothing close to VC who people compared him too.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
i hate when mssgs get deleted i want to know what people do think so we can reply accordingly