PDA

View Full Version : PSD favorite to win 2010 Championship

Bruno
04-10-2010, 12:53 AM
With the start of the playoffs one week away, who is PSDs favorite to win it all?

The poll will close the day before the start of the playoffs. All votes are public.

td0tsfinest
04-10-2010, 12:54 AM
I think we had a poll at the start of the season.

Bruno
04-10-2010, 12:57 AM
I think we had a poll at the start of the season.

If this isn't a good thread thats cool, but I figured we could have a poll to see how everyones opinions may have changed through the course of the regular season.

asandhu23
04-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Raptors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

td0tsfinest
04-10-2010, 01:01 AM
^ hey. let's not get carried away. We're just going to make it to the ECF, thats it. :D

td0tsfinest
04-10-2010, 01:03 AM
If this isn't a good thread thats cool, but I figured we could have a poll to see how everyones opinions may have changed through the course of the regular season.

nah, I think it's good idea.

Opinons can change over a course of a season. I though the Celtics and Spurs would end up being in the finals but they definitely don't look like championship contenders right now.

LA_Raiders
04-10-2010, 01:05 AM
La

G-Bay New J
04-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Orlandooo

kArSoN RyDaH
04-10-2010, 01:09 AM
lakersss.. duhhhhhh :p

NYK_kidd77
04-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Cavs.

MattColby
04-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Blazers.

evadatam5150
04-10-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm a Laker fan but they just seem done to me and have since October.. I hate to say it but it looks like the Cavs with all those scrubs just might pull it off.. How...?? Seriously I have no idea how but it's a crazy game so go figure..

kArSoN RyDaH
04-10-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm a Laker fan but they just seem done to me and have since October.. I hate to say it but it looks like the Cavs with all those scrubs just might pull it off.. How...?? Seriously I have no idea how but it's a crazy game so go figure..

funny how you say the lakers have been done since october yet they currently clinched the west and are #2 in the nba...:facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 02:44 AM
heyyyy raps tied for 3rd:p:D

This is most likely gonna be a homer thread with people voting for their fave teams....like i did.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-10-2010, 02:55 AM

This is most likely gonna be a homer thread with people voting for their fave teams....like i did.

agreed.

asandhu23
04-10-2010, 02:57 AM

Oh right... i forgot. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2010 champions!!!! :D

GrandDaddyPurp
04-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Cava Leeerz

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Oh right... i forgot. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2010 champions!!!! :D

lol...and Russell Peters is greatness. Representin Brampton, Ontario!!!!!

Baller1
04-10-2010, 03:10 AM
I resisted being a homer, and went with the Cavs.

Lakersfan2483
04-10-2010, 03:10 AM

Scrubs, come on now? They have the deepest team in the NBA and are talented. Jamison, Varejao, Big Z, Mo Williams, West and co. compliment James' game perfectly and are a vastly underrated group. They all understand their roles and are "consistent" night in and night out. The Cavs are a very good team.

BTW, I am sticking with the Lakers to win it all.

Raph12
04-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Orlandooo

Dead on lol.

clutchski
04-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I think the Cavs. The Lakers obviously have a big chance to repeat, but I'm hoping they get knocked out before the finals to be honest.

IRUAM #21
04-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Change thread title to "Name your favorite team"

Fireworld
04-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't you know how many Laker fans are on PSD?

king4day
04-10-2010, 03:37 PM

I think it's a good idea. Before the season is so long ago. Good to get peoples opinions now rather than 6 months ago.

I picked the Suns as a homer, but as a fan, I pick the Magicals.

Lakers4ItAll
04-10-2010, 03:43 PM
If only peopl;e could vote a real option instead of being Homers

td0tsfinest
04-10-2010, 04:01 PM
so what happen to the boston faithful? Celtics don't got a single vote

DCB/LAL
04-10-2010, 04:14 PM

funny how you say the lakers have been done since october yet they currently clinched the west and are #2 in the nba...:facepalm:

Sounds like that guy is about to jump ship.....I mean really done since Oct? GTFO with that. Cavs scrubs? Really? Either this guys is a closet Cavs fan or he's making his move to jump on the Cavs bandwagon

ElMarroAfamado
04-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Ill say whos NOT GOING TO WIN THE TITLE....in order of how many people think they are...

CAVS

The End.

The Cavs are not going to win the title please stop. And if the Lakers dont....i think its up in the air who will...with the Magic being one of the possiblities.

ElMarroAfamado
04-10-2010, 04:20 PM
oh and i cant wait till the Cavs get eliminated and everyone talks smack about his team sucking .....

Avenged
04-10-2010, 05:20 PM

Since October?? you mean since the season began, they seem done to you? Yeah a team with a record of 56-23 is obviously done. :eyebrow:

*Superman*
04-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Orlandooo

:up:

xBLAMEITON24x
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Los lakers

Slimsim
04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Hawks

Lakersfan2483
04-10-2010, 06:05 PM
With the start of the playoffs one week away, who is PSDs favorite to win it all?

The poll will close the day before the start of the playoffs. All votes are public.

The Lakers will repeat. :D

avrpatsfan
04-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Nets

Bruno
04-10-2010, 10:11 PM

You need to reconsider how good the Cavs are. Look at it this way, last night they lost against the Pacers by three points. LeBron, Mo, Jamison and Shaq didn't log one single minute. The Pacers are seven games out from being the 8th seat in the East, and they still barley beat Cleveland, despite their MVP and former all-stars not logging a single minute.

I cant believe no one is betting on Boston.

G-Bay New J
04-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Nets

:hi5:

ManRam
04-10-2010, 11:27 PM
I voted for the Magic, because I'm a homer. But I'll really be stunned if it is anyone besides Orlando, Cleveland or LA.

I obviously want the Magic to win, but I'll be satisfied as long as it's anyone but the Lakers.

still1ballin
04-10-2010, 11:32 PM
I voted for the Magic, because I'm a homer. But I'll really be stunned if it is anyone besides Orlando, Cleveland or LA.

I obviously want the Magic to win, but I'll be satisfied as long as it's anyone but the Lakers.

Why?

ManRam
04-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Why?

Because I dislike their fanbase. :shrug:

I loved Kobe until I came here to be completely honest.

RadiantShot
04-10-2010, 11:41 PM

x2

IRUAM #21
04-10-2010, 11:45 PM
x2

x3, that still1ballin dude is a total douche

still1ballin
04-10-2010, 11:46 PM

Fair enough

_KB24_
04-10-2010, 11:46 PM
It's going to be a toss up between the Magic and the Lakers. I hope we can clinch the second best record in the league and not have to worry about playing 4 games in Orlando, because that would be a *****. I'm hoping we can somehow play Boston. I'm still seeking revenge for 08.

still1ballin
04-10-2010, 11:47 PM
x3, that still1ballin dude is a total douche

tu no te metas maricon!

kobe24>lebron23
04-11-2010, 12:19 AM
tu no te metas maricon!

a que webos de mi tio haha pero no creo k sea gay lol!!!!

ps:Lakers back to back baby kobe still the best!!!

GSW Hoops
04-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Atlanta Hawks! You heard it here first...

Toenail Clipper
04-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Atlanta Hawks! You heard it here first...

i dont think they can win

kobe24>lebron23
04-11-2010, 01:06 AM
once again lakers!

evadatam5150
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM

Like I said they just don't look right.. They have no bench (how are they going to maintain a lead in the playoffs) that can maintain a lead or help with minutes in a 7 game series.. Just my thoughts..

Ovratd1up
04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Lakers are the favorites by default, and Cleveland also obviously has a chance. Besides that I could see either the Magic or the Nuggets winning it all.

Raoul Duke
04-11-2010, 04:09 PM
I think it's Cleveland's year. The Lakers remind me too much of my Pistons when they were coasting through the regular season to get to the playoffs. Orlando would be my second pick, and you can call me an idiot, but San Antonio is my dark horse.

JordansBulls
04-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Here was the vote at the beginning of the year on PSD

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405834

Bruno
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM
^Nice.

td0tsfinest
04-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Here was the vote at the beginning of the year on PSD

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405834

lol. I'm looking at the eastern conference finals and scratching my head.

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 10:59 PM

Make that #3. Orlando has been on fire since the AS. We have a deep, I mean deep bench, great coaching (love the match-ups SVG works out), oh and a little guy you might know, D12. yeah like one poster said "rename this thread name your favorite team", but I feel honestly right now, the ORLANDO MAGIC are the best team in the NBA. I mean we aren't waiting for someone to recover from an injury, we aren't hoping someone coming off an injury will start gellin, we aren't a team that hasn't been completely together exiting the season, and we just moved ahead of LA overall. just sayn:eyebrow:

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Make that #3. Orlando has been on fire since the AS. We have a deep, I mean deep bench, great coaching (love the match-ups SVG works out), oh and a little guy you might know, D12. yeah like one poster said "rename this thread name your favorite team", but I feel honestly right now, the ORLANDO MAGIC are the best team in the NBA. I mean we aren't waiting for someone to recover from an injury, we aren't hoping someone coming off an injury will start gellin, we aren't a team that hasn't been completely together exiting the season, and we just moved ahead of LA overall. just sayn:eyebrow:

Exactly. This is your best, we've seen the Magic at their best. That's as good as it gets, meanwhile.. well, the Lakers are self explanatory. :p

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Exactly. This is your best, we've seen the Magic at their best. That's as good as it gets, meanwhile.. well, the Lakers are self explanatory. :p

Falling apart!!!!!!!!!! lol

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:16 PM

You must mean like our last meeting right?:speechless:

Chill_Will_24
04-11-2010, 11:17 PM
This all depends so heavily on the play of VC for Orlando and Mo for Cle but i have:

ECF:CAVS vs MAGIC with the Magic coming out on top again in 6 games. The Cavs will have Shaq but thats still not enough to solve their matchup problems against the Magic. I think if Lewis can do what he did last year and VC can produce well the Magic will beat the Cavs again.

WCF:LAKERS vs THUNDER with the Lakers topping the Thunder in 5 games. The Lakers have the best player in the game (IMO), and so much championship exp on that team. The Thunder will show their youth come playoff time and while they are talented enough to dominate some good teams in the regular season they playoffs are a different beast. They will ride on Kevin Durants talent and get past the first couple of rounds but they will not overcome the Lakers in the finals.

NBA Finals: The Magic failed last year. They will not do so again. Matt Barnes will be put on Kobe. While Barnes in not worthy of being spoken of in the same sentence as Kobe as a player, he is a scrappy defender. He will be physical on Kobe. He might frustrate him. Tempers will flare. The Magic will utilize D12 more wisely and feed him down low more often than last time. The Magic players will play very physical ball. They also have no confusion on PG this time. Nelson will eat Fisher alive. And dont forget that while Kobe is Mr Clutch himself, theres a player on the Magic this year (Vince Carter) that doesnt get enough credit for his own clutch plays. He might not be as good as Kobe but he thrives on pressure. I should know... im a Nets fan. Magic in 6

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Falling apart!!!!!!!!!! lol

I wouldn't put it so eloquently as you did, lol.

You must mean like our last meeting right?:speechless:

Nope, I meant like our first meeting ;)

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't put it so eloquently as you did, lol.

Nope, I meant like our first meeting ;)

No back to backs in the play offs

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:23 PM
No back to backs in the play offs

Which is why the Lakers should have no problem beating you guys. :cool:

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:23 PM
This all depends so heavily on the play of VC for Orlando and Mo for Cle but i have:

ECF:CAVS vs MAGIC with the Magic coming out on top again in 6 games. The Cavs will have Shaq but thats still not enough to solve their matchup problems against the Magic. I think if Lewis can do what he did last year and VC can produce well the Magic will beat the Cavs again.

WCF:LAKERS vs THUNDER with the Lakers topping the Thunder in 5 games. The Lakers have the best player in the game (IMO), and so much championship exp on that team. The Thunder will show their youth come playoff time and while they are talented enough to dominate some good teams in the regular season they playoffs are a different beast. They will ride on Kevin Durants talent and get past the first couple of rounds but they will not overcome the Lakers in the finals.

NBA Finals: The Magic failed last year. They will not do so again. Matt Barnes will be put on Kobe. While Barnes in not worthy of being spoken of in the same sentence as Kobe as a player, he is a scrappy defender. He will be physical on Kobe. He might frustrate him. Tempers will flare. The Magic will utilize D12 more wisely and feed him down low more often than last time. The Magic players will play very physical ball. They also have no confusion on PG this time. Nelson will eat Fisher alive. And dont forget that while Kobe is Mr Clutch himself, theres a player on the Magic this year (Vince Carter) that doesnt get enough credit for his own clutch plays. He might not be as good as Kobe but he thrives on pressure. I should know... im a Nets fan. Magic in 6

:cheers::dance:

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Which is why the Lakers should have no problem beating you guys. :cool:

You mean like our last meeting, right?:speechless:

NotAnotherYear
04-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Knicks

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
You mean like our last meeting, right?:speechless:

No I meant like the finals, 4-1. :up:

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:32 PM
No I meant like the finals, 4-1. :up:

You must be a history major. I'm talkin bout THIS YEAR!:facepalm:

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:33 PM
You must be a history major. I'm talkin bout THIS YEAR!:facepalm:

ME TOO. :cool:

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:40 PM
ME TOO.

Well then you need to hit the books a little harder my friend cause this year we split. game one was at the end of our four game road trip, we have HCA now!:speechless::cry: oh and how did we get that? Hmm lets see.... We beat the #1 team and you lost to you're first rounder. just sayn;)

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:45 PM
ME TOO.

Well then you need to hit the books a little harder my friend cause this year we split. game one was at the end of our four game road trip, we have HCA now!:speechless::cry: oh and how did we get that? Hmm lets see.... We beat the #1 team and you lost to you're first rounder. just sayn;)

This year we split, and last year you swept in the regular season, means nothing my friend. :p

Yes you beat the Cavs without their best player Lebron.. oh and Shaq and still struggled until the final minutes.

This is as good as the Magic gets. While the Lakers.... like i said, it's self explanatory lol.

I still want you guys to beat the Cavs tho! :D

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:50 PM
This year we split, and last year you swept in the regular season, means nothing my friend. :p

Yes you beat the Cavs without their best player Lebron.. oh and Shaq and still struggled until the final minutes.

This is as good as the Magic gets. While the Lakers.... like i said, it's self explanatory lol.

I still want you guys to beat the Cavs tho! :D

You got it!!! :clap:

Raph12
04-11-2010, 11:52 PM
@ Avenged24 & magicdouglas;

Why are you guys arguing about this stuff, LA has to beat the Thunder/Spurs/Blazers, Nuggets/Jazz/Suns and the Mavs; while Orlando has to beat the Bobcats, Hawks and Cavs; why don't we wait for it to get even close to June before arguing the winner of the Finals lol.

Avenged
04-11-2010, 11:55 PM

Why are you guys arguing about this stuff, LA has to beat the Thunder/Spurs/Blazers, Nuggets/Jazz/Suns and the Mavs; while Orlando has to beat the Bobcats, Hawks and Cavs; why don't we wait for it to get even close to June before arguing the winner of the Finals lol.

You want some too? :mad:

JK. :p

we're just messing around lol.

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:57 PM

come on RAPH it's just to much fun after a day like today! I mean we win, LA doesn't and Phil wins the Masters, I mean come on.:clap:

Raph12
04-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Just saying, long way to go for both teams, sounds silly disputing about the champs when we aren't even finished the season yet lol.

Can't wait for the playoffs!

magicdouglas
04-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Just saying, long way to go for both teams, sounds silly disputing about the champs when we aren't even finished the season yet lol.

word!

Avenged
04-12-2010, 12:03 AM

Silly Raph.

It's only obvious the Lakers will face the Magic. :p

Raph12
04-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Silly Raph.

It's only obvious the Lakers will face the Magic. :p

:pray: Please god make that happen, I promise to stop having premarital sex... For a day lol.

*Superman*
04-12-2010, 12:18 AM

Add the Cavs to that.

evadatam5150
04-14-2010, 12:22 AM

I don't know the Lakers seem to be imploding at a rather quick rate.. They look horrible on the floor and can't win games.. I'm curious and honestly bewildered that anyone here really thinks this team is okay.. Well now we'll see what they really have left in the tank cause they're going to get tested hard by a younger and more athletic team that just got done schooling them just a few short weeks ago..

Mavrix
04-14-2010, 03:47 AM
If Mavs make it to the finals and lose I'm gonna be so upset. I can't take another finals loss after what happened against Miami.

Avenged
04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
If Mavs make it to the finals and lose I'm gonna be so upset. I can't take another finals loss after what happened against Miami.

If you go up against the Cavs, i'll be rooting for you guys.

Im sure every Laker fan will be. :laugh2:

kArSoN RyDaH
04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
lakers all da wayyy FTR!

kArSoN RyDaH
04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
If you go up against the Cavs, i'll be rooting for you guys.

Im sure every Laker fan will be. :laugh2:

ditto.