PDA

View Full Version : Drama @ Toronto as Bulls visit Raptors this sunday in most anticipated game of season

fairandbalanced
04-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Who would have thought the most anticipated game of the season wopuld be Bulls @ Raptors? Both the Bulls and Raptors are doing their best to avoid facing Lebron and the Cavs in the first round, although both claim to want the spot, their team's efforts of late prove otherwise. NETS win.....Hawks win

Which team do you think will succeed in missing out the play-offs?

papoose123
04-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Im leaning towards bulls unfortunatly.just because everyone seems to be injured in t.o.
but we are at home......ahhhhhhh its hard to say

Iodine
04-09-2010, 11:13 PM
You have outdone yourself once again!

Poster of the year awards should be coming in shortly as we bow to you

effen5
04-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Who cares, both team blows (im a bulls fan) give Lebron the bye.

Avenged
04-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Why in the world would the Bulls and Raptors be trying to avoid the Cavs in the first round by losing? If they keep losing one of them wont even make the playoffs. :eyebrow:

jimbobjarree
04-09-2010, 11:16 PM
:yawn:

Ragun
04-09-2010, 11:34 PM
i cant ****ing wait.

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2010, 11:36 PM
most anticipated? maybe for raptors and bulls fans. your thread titles need work my friend.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
neither deserve it at this point. Just give the spot to the Nets.

ldc62
04-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Who cares, both team blows (im a bulls fan) give Lebron the bye.

:rolleyes: People said the same thing when Boston was against the Bulls last year.

ldc62
04-09-2010, 11:52 PM
most anticipated? maybe for raptors and bulls fans. your thread titles need work my friend.

Since PSD NBA forum is composed of mainly Lakers, Bulls, Heat and Raptor fans (sorry if I missed anyone else); it is the most anticipated (at least on PSD).

Avenged
04-09-2010, 11:54 PM
^ I think there's quite a few Magic fans as well.

effen5
04-10-2010, 12:36 AM
:rolleyes: People said the same thing when Boston was against the Bulls last year.

and do me a favor and read my prediction from last year

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9090954#post9090954
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9090954&postcount=69

If thats the case I am picking Bulls in 7.

Celtics had a healther and much stronger team last year imo and the Hawks took them to 7. Obviously without Posey and Pj Brown, this team is a much different playoff team and in my opinion much weaker team then last year. With the addition of Steph Marb, I think this makes your bench even weaker as when I have seen him with the Celtics, he was just god awful, and the only player I would have serious concern about is Eddie House since he is just a ridiculous three point shooter, and Mikki Moore doing all the little dirty work. Again thats my opinion.

While people say Bulls dont have playoff experience, you have to remember, Gordon, Hinrich, Miller, Tyrus Thomas, Tim Thomas, and Salmons have all been in the playoffs. So they do know what to expect, but this is basically a learning period for Rose and Noah.

And the majority of the people that said the Bulls were going to get swept last year were Celtic fans.

And there is a reason why I picked the Bulls in 7 last year, Bulls had a spectacular second half of the season, they were like 15-1 at home, and they had a strong finish to the end of the season except for the very last game against the Raptors. The team was clicking on all cylinders.

There is a reason why I am saying the Bulls would get swept by the Cavs this year.
A) Cavs have a much better team then the C's did last season
B) We are playing god awful right now even though we won like 5 out of the last 8.
C) Our bench is ****in pathetic....
D) VDN - for some ****in reason he would put in Pargo over Flip Murray and Acie Law

And only reason why I said the Raptors would get swept is they are playing awful right now as well, and they are missing Bosh.

clutchski
04-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Since PSD NBA forum is composed of mainly Lakers, Bulls, Heat and Raptor fans (sorry if I missed anyone else); it is the most anticipated (at least on PSD).

True enough. Should be a great game, especially with Bosh out.

^ I think there's quite a few Magic fans as well.

Not in comparison.

Avenged
04-10-2010, 12:43 AM
True enough. Should be a great game, especially with Bosh out.

Not in comparison.

Oh haha alright man.

td0tsfinest
04-10-2010, 12:47 AM
:yawn:

screw you jimbob. It's going to be the most epic game ever. It's going to be like that Thunder and Jazz game but a gillion times better.

JnasD
04-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Should be an exciting game.

DodgerBulls
04-10-2010, 12:53 AM
as of right now, not really because the Raptors holds the tie breaker.

abe_froman
04-10-2010, 12:56 AM
:laugh: the title,its going to be comedic gold

two teams who act like they are trying desperately to not make the playoffs battle over it

billy17
04-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Definitely not my most anticipated game of the season

JnasD
04-10-2010, 01:02 AM
as of right now, not really because the Raptors holds the tie breaker.

Everyone will have to step up on The Bulls and they have to work hard for a full 48 minutes.

Public Enemy #1
04-10-2010, 01:05 AM
this garbage isn't the most anticipated game of the season... I think its Lebron vs Kobe in Game 7 of the NBA Finals

td0tsfinest
04-10-2010, 01:08 AM
^ that would be the most anticipated game of the playoffs

LA_Raiders
04-10-2010, 01:16 AM
bulls will make it

RaptorizedKevin
04-10-2010, 01:23 AM
raptors will probably lose in 5 games. or 4. if yu compare the scheduals, toronto has the advantage. so i doubt the bulls would win. the bulls lost to the nets how many times? 3 times? the raptors played 3 games without their best player and lost by a small margin. we saw when noah went down the bulls lost 10 in a row? definatly raptors getting the seed. but who cares. either team will get owned. Unless they can proove us all wronge , then maybe the series can last for 7 games.

T.O-Fan
04-10-2010, 01:24 AM
here this bulls fans!..raptors wil win! ..take a one game lead over U! and hold the tiebreaker!!..so for raptors fan.we believe.we just need to get bosh back for playoffs if possible

effen5
04-10-2010, 01:27 AM
raptors will probably lose in 5 games. or 4. if yu compare the scheduals, toronto has the advantage. so i doubt the bulls would win. the bulls lost to the nets how many times? 3 times? the raptors played 3 games without their best player and lost by a small margin. we saw when noah went down the bulls lost 10 in a row? definatly raptors getting the seed. but who cares. either team will get owned. Unless they can proove us all wronge , then maybe the series can last for 7 games.

I just wanted to correct you on something, during the time when we lost 10 straight, Noah was sitting AND either Deng or Rose or all three sat out during the 10 game losing streak but either way, both of our teams look terrible.

effen5
04-10-2010, 01:28 AM
here this bulls fans!..raptors wil win! ..take a one game lead over U! and hold the tiebreaker!!..so for raptors fan.we believe.we just need to get bosh back for playoffs if possible

ok

T.O-Fan
04-10-2010, 01:36 AM
ok

what?

sargon21
04-10-2010, 01:45 AM
ESPN: Three key calls favor Nets in crushing loss for Bulls

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...loss-for-bulls

jus sayin

sargon21
04-10-2010, 01:48 AM
whoever wins sunday should make the playoffs, but i have a funny feeling thats not gonna be how it is?!?!?

jbeezy
04-10-2010, 01:56 AM
not to bait but this game seems more about who sucks less rather than who is better. :shrug:

ldc62
04-10-2010, 02:45 AM
this garbage isn't the most anticipated game of the season... I think its Lebron vs Kobe in Game 7 of the NBA Finals

Too bad that will never happen. Kobe waited last year in the finals, but Lebron didn't show up.

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Let's go Raptors!!!!!

If we play with the same heart and determination like we did our last 3 games, we should win but it'll be close.

ldc62
04-10-2010, 03:53 AM

jus sayin

Point 1: That was not offensive cylinder interference.
Point 2: There are miss calls like that every game, there were also some soft touch fouls that were called against Nets
Point 3: "raising his elbow" to Kris Humphries... you can't do that, remember Fisher on Scola. Obviously he didn't knock Kris down, but Rose has to be smarter for things like that and the refs don't want things to escalate if both teams started doing this. Also of course Vinny would defend Rose.

Conclusion: Refs are far from perfect, but Bulls put themselves in a position to lose. They shouldn't have let the Nets hang around, and when they were up 7 in OT they should've finished the job.

koreancabbage
04-10-2010, 05:44 AM

jus sayin

okay, these are the nets we're talking about- should it have been that close in the first place? 1st lost to them- okay fluke, but second time...:confused:

I think the Bulls are the only team they have a winning record against (might be wrong)

Either would get raped by the Cavs anyways- but i like the Bulls chances against the Cavs just b/c they play better defense overall lol Raps suck defensively.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Raptors baby.

arkanian215
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM

one of the best moments in PSD - NJ Nets forum history (http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrmxkg.jpg)

king4day
04-10-2010, 09:54 AM
It'll be a good game, but certainly not the most anticipated.
I'd rather watch a meaningless Warriors/Knicks game.

It's two bad teams playing for the right to get embarrassed by Cleveland.

the_jon
04-10-2010, 10:00 AM
It'll be a good game, but certainly not the most anticipated.
I'd rather watch a meaningless Warriors/Knicks game.
It'll be a good game but you'd rather watch two teams who have nothing to play for? Right that makes sense...

king4day
04-10-2010, 10:07 AM
It'll be a good game but you'd rather watch two teams who have nothing to play for? Right that makes sense...

This isn't the last game of the year. The bulls could win and still not make the playoffs. Otherwise u can make the same case for the 2-5 seeds in the west as they play each other a ton of times to end the season. If this was the last game of the season, then HELL YEA it would be the most anticipated. That's fun to watch. But with a few games left and no Chris Bosh, I have a hard time getting up for this one.

That's my opinion friend.

Stunner
04-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Point 1: That was not offensive cylinder interference.
Point 2: There are miss calls like that every game, there were also some soft touch fouls that were called against Nets
Point 3: "raising his elbow" to Kris Humphries... you can't do that, remember Fisher on Scola. Obviously he didn't knock Kris down, but Rose has to be smarter for things like that and the refs don't want things to escalate if both teams started doing this. Also of course Vinny would defend Rose.

Conclusion: Refs are far from perfect, but Bulls put themselves in a position to lose. They shouldn't have let the Nets hang around, and when they were up 7 in OT they should've finished the job.

True Rose kinda cost the game by missing FT should have put it in Kirks hand to end game for FT last night Brad Miller was on fire last night lol.

Ray_R
04-10-2010, 10:49 AM

i didnt i made it through Post Jordan era and can make it through this.

Sly Guy
04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Why in the world would the Bulls and Raptors be trying to avoid the Cavs in the first round by losing? If they keep losing one of them wont even make the playoffs. :eyebrow:

:facepalm:

Sly Guy
04-10-2010, 12:43 PM

jus sayin

if you aren't beating the nets by 20 and have to rely on officiating, you deserve to lose IMO.

Avenged
04-10-2010, 01:12 PM

Yeah I guess I deserve the facepalm for basically saying the raptors and bulls shouldn't be doing their best to avoid the Cavs in the playoffs because one of them isn't even going to make it. Silly of me.

fairandbalanced
04-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Moment of truth is almost upon us.

JLynn943
04-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Far from the most anticipated game of the season, imo. Whoever wins is probably just going to get destroyed in round 1 anyway.

Hawkeye15
04-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Ironic that this single game could help determine the Bosh saga in Toronto. I don't think there is any way he stays if they miss the playoffs.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Ironic that this single game could help determine the Bosh saga in Toronto. I don't think there is any way he stays if they miss the playoffs.

I dont think there's anyway he stays period.

the_jon
04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
This isn't the last game of the year. The bulls could win and still not make the playoffs. Otherwise u can make the same case for the 2-5 seeds in the west as they play each other a ton of times to end the season. If this was the last game of the season, then HELL YEA it would be the most anticipated. That's fun to watch. But with a few games left and no Chris Bosh, I have a hard time getting up for this one.

That's my opinion friend.

Maybe you should read my post again... Where in there did I say that this game is the most anticipated?