PDA

View Full Version : Should Udonis Haslem be considered a sixth man of the year candidate?

fairandbalanced
04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
With due respect to Jamal Crawford and Jason Terry for their respective performance so far this season, would you consider Udonis Haslem as the sixth man of the year?

------------
I will argue that Udonis Haslem has more impact in games than both. My argument won't be based on scoring and preserving a lead, but it would be based on his leadership, defense and high IQ for making good decisions in clutch moments. And most teams in the league would probably have Haslem, than both of those guys.

Would you consider Udonis Haslem as a sixth man candidate?

Iodine
04-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I actually have nothing to say to you, this threads level of fail has corrupted my brain

Tony_Starks
04-09-2010, 05:37 PM
He could be a candidate but thats Jamal Crawfords award all day. I agree with you that he excels in all the areas you mentioned but unfortunately most of those don't show up on the stat sheet. When they hand out these awards they're looking at cold hard stats and wins.

By your philosophy guys like Luke Walton (when he was playing full seasons) would be a candidate. He doesn't do much statistically but he brings a leadership to the bench, runs the triangle, gets everybody involved, and is pretty reliable. All true but not award worhty IMO.

MrFastBreak
04-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Terry and Crawford haven't been THAT impressive. Where's the recognition for Andy V? Andy has been providing his team with extra possessions, playing rock solid defense and has nice per-minute #'s. And to answer the OP's bias Q, no Haslem doesnt deserve to be a candidate.

dwadefan03
04-09-2010, 08:11 PM
i think he deserves votes but it was pretty clear from the beggining of the season that jamal crawford was gonna win it. nice to see him finally make the postseason.

Ethix11
04-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Haslem isnt splashy. Unless you watch Heat games regularly, you wont notice the impact Haslem has on Defense. He changes the dynamic of the game by simply being an elite foul drawer.

JNA17
04-10-2010, 12:04 AM
no

holocaust227
04-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Is Odom eligible?

Sadds The Gr8
04-10-2010, 02:57 AM
I actually have nothing to say to you, this threads level of fail has corrupted my brain

this

lmao:laugh2:

GrandDaddyPurp
04-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Who the hell is this

beasted86
04-10-2010, 10:38 AM
He is a candidate... that is all. He'll probably get 1 or 2 votes.

td0tsfinest
04-10-2010, 10:55 AM

lol. :clap:

IRUAM #21
04-10-2010, 12:10 PM
He doesn't score enough, but he's a huge part of our sucess. Lol @ the guy that said "who the hell is this".

Raph12
04-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Crawford, Manu, Terry, Smith, Varejao, Odom... Everyone else.

Toenail Clipper
04-10-2010, 12:27 PM
uhhh, peace out!

drobe86
04-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Terry and Crawford haven't been THAT impressive. Where's the recognition for Andy V and Carl Landry? Andy has been providing his team with extra possessions, playing rock solid defense and Landry has been scoring just as much as those 2 guards while being more efficient on offense. And to answer the OP's bias Q, no Haslem doesnt deserve to be a candidate.

Terry and Crawford epitomize the definition of 6th man..... The two guys you mentioned aren't on the same planet as either Terry nor Crawford.....

HeatBBall
04-10-2010, 07:18 PM
As a Heat fan I get the pleasure of following UD and I think he should be in the runnings, but wont win the award. He's done one hell of a job coming off the bench this year, putting up alot of double doubles. But as everyone knows he's not a flashy player so his work goes unnoticed.

MacFitz92
04-10-2010, 07:31 PM
:facepalm:

And I bet Wade should be MVP, and Spoelstra should be COY lmao.

ChiSox219
04-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Odom and Varejao are the right choices but I'm sure it's going to one of the Zero guards.

EaglesJackson10
04-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I think they should base the 6th man award on how many minutes a guy has and not where he starts the game. You shouldn't be eligible if your top 5 on your team in MPG.

RaptorizedKevin
04-10-2010, 08:21 PM
With due respect to Jamal Crawford and Jason Terry for their respective performance so far this season, would you consider Udonis Haslem as the sixth man of the year?

------------
I will argue that Udonis Haslem has more impact in games than both. My argument won't be based on scoring and preserving a lead, but it would be based on his leadership, defense and high IQ for making good decisions in clutch moments. And most teams in the league would probably have Haslem, than both of those guys.

Would you consider Udonis Haslem as a sixth man candidate?

I disagree. jammal crawford does more than just energize the bench. he gets others going and WINS GAMES for the hawks. Hes the reason why they've been so much better this year.

are you crazy? you cant defend your arguement. What does haslem bring to the team? 10 points 8 boards? jammal puts up points rebounds and playmakes to make others better and makes shots down the stretch to win games in limited minutes. So no way is haslem better. PLus, there are alot of people better than haslem. i would argue that when greg oden was playing off the bench he was really impacting the blazers and had better numbers stat wise. so no way in hell is udonis haslem a candidate. Your just being a biased heat fan.

RaptorizedKevin
04-10-2010, 08:22 PM
varejou is better than haslem.

koreancabbage
04-10-2010, 08:27 PM
i don't care if he was, Crawford is winning it anyways, you could have all the players up there but Crawford still gonna win it lol

xBLAMEITON24x
04-10-2010, 08:41 PM
no

SwaggaIke
04-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I disagree. jammal crawford does more than just energize the bench. he gets others going and WINS GAMES for the hawks. Hes the reason why they've been so much better this year.

are you crazy? you cant defend your arguement. What does haslem bring to the team? 10 points 8 boards? jammal puts up points rebounds and playmakes to make others better and makes shots down the stretch to win games in limited minutes. So no way is haslem better. PLus, there are alot of people better than haslem. i would argue that when greg oden was playing off the bench he was really impacting the blazers and had better numbers stat wise. so no way in hell is udonis haslem a candidate. Your just being a biased heat fan.

This guy just went ham for no reason. Not even a candidate? Especially considering the fact that he's one of the few impact sixth men who has actually COME OFF THE BENCH all season. Crawford, Odom and Landry have all started many games. I'm not saying Haslem should be 6th man of the year or even in the top 5 but you just went crazy like he's not one of the better sixth men in the league. He's leading all sixth men in rebounds off the bench (Odom has started close to 40 games) and he only plays 28 minutes a game. All I'm getting at is don't act like Haslem is a disgrace to 6th men when he's one of the best in the league.

Kakaroach
04-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I really like his game but no he should not be considered for 6th man with what Jason Terry and Jamal Crawford have been doing all season long.

Lord Leoshes
04-11-2010, 12:07 PM
:facepalm:

And I bet Wade should be MVP, and Spoelstra should be COY lmao.

Kinda like the Mavs should of been the NBA champions in 2006. :cry::cry::cry:

Lord Leoshes
04-11-2010, 12:08 PM
varejou is better than haslem.

I agree but only on bizzaro world. :facepalm:

MacFitz92
04-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Kinda like the Mavs should of been the NBA champions in 2006. :cry::cry::cry:

Nah, more like being the 6 seed in a doo doo conference:cry::cry::cry:

Behind Milwaukee :(

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
This guy just went ham for no reason. Not even a candidate? Especially considering the fact that he's one of the few impact sixth men who has actually COME OFF THE BENCH all season. Crawford, Odom and Landry have all started many games. I'm not saying Haslem should be 6th man of the year or even in the top 5 but you just went crazy like he's not one of the better sixth men in the league. He's leading all sixth men in rebounds off the bench (Odom has started close to 40 games) and he only plays 28 minutes a game. All I'm getting at is don't act like Haslem is a disgrace to 6th men when he's one of the best in the league.

Not true...Crawford doesnt even start when Joe Johnson is injured. They start Mo Evans

SwaggaIke
04-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Not true...Crawford doesnt even start when Joe Johnson is injured. They start Mo Evans

You're right, but if Odom is in the conversation Haslem has to be. If Anderson is in the conversation Haslem has to be.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2010, 01:56 PM
You're right, but if Odom is in the conversation Haslem has to be. If Anderson is in the conversation Haslem has to be.

Well Odom is just a better play than Haslem right now so I'd have Odom over Haslem. And I wouldn't even have Anderson in the conversation. When talking about voting for these awards only like 4-5 people have a chance of even getting votes. And for this award the people are:

Jamal Crawford
Jason Terry
J.R. Smith
Lamar Odom

I don't think Manu should get any because he struggled when he came off the bench this year it was when he was starting when he made an impact.

JLynn943
04-11-2010, 02:20 PM
It doesn't even matter because Crawford should (and probably will) win it

BALLER71
04-11-2010, 02:35 PM

LOL. Really? The guy calls out how your team choked in the Finals and you come back by saying we're a 6th seed. NICE.

J$mo0th_3o5
04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
He won't win the award, but I bet there are many teams out there that would LOVE to have Haslem on their team.

SwaggaIke
04-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Well Odom is just a better play than Haslem right now so I'd have Odom over Haslem. And I wouldn't even have Anderson in the conversation. When talking about voting for these awards only like 4-5 people have a chance of even getting votes. And for this award the people are:

Jamal Crawford
Jason Terry
J.R. Smith
Lamar Odom

I don't think Manu should get any because he struggled when he came off the bench this year it was when he was starting when he made an impact.

He may be more well rounded in terms of passing and ball handling but Haslem does a lot better than Odom. He's a more reliable shooter from mid range, better defender (help and on ball) and equal rebounder. Odom plays 4-5 more minutes a game and they average similar numbers.

jrodmesche
04-11-2010, 03:55 PM
his name should be up there in my opinion

jrodmesche
04-11-2010, 03:59 PM

shut the **** up you western confrence fundemental dirk dick sucking ****** you just mad cuase you didint win the championship in 06 haha

drobe86
04-11-2010, 06:01 PM
shut the **** up you western confrence fundemental dirk dick sucking ****** you just mad cuase you didint win the championship in 06 haha

Are you really still harping on that from 4 years ago? Nobody cares about championships from last year much year almost half a decade ago..... Some people just say say anything.....

mvb815
04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
maybe if the heat had a separate sixth man award

SwaggaIke
04-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Are you really still harping on that from 4 years ago? Nobody cares about championships from last year much year almost half a decade ago..... Some people just say say anything.....

Yea, you're a perfect example of that. I'll take having my team enjoy a championship (whether it be today or 10 years ago) than my team being a top 3 seed and failing to capitalize once again. What do Earl Barron and Dwyane Wade have in common?

MrFastBreak
04-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Terry and Crawford epitomize the definition of 6th man..... The two guys you mentioned aren't on the same planet as either Terry nor Crawford.....

So having points per game averages in the high teens epitomizes a 6th man, huh? So I guess a guy who's been relentless, never giving up any play, on any potential rebound, on any loose ball, on any steal opportunity, a guy who moves off the ball on offense constantly looking for seams to cut to the basket and receive the easy assist from Bron and all this while giving up his flops and attempts to draw charges and instead playing absolute lock down defense and irritating opponents to no end isnt a 6th man worth considering for the award.

And the guy's per-minute #'s arent bad and he's impacted the Cavs defense while coming off the bench, but I know you and many voters won't consider Andy a possible winner since he doesn't score enough and can't escape his reputation as a flopper.