PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Montrealer
04-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Hello guys,

i first got to say that im a new baseball fan. Since im a kid i always like baseball but never really paid attention. But with the new mlb season i feel like i want to watch as many game as possible. Of course here the bad news: the expos are gone! So im looking for a new team to cheer. Im looking for sugestion!

anyway if you got a advice thanks a lots!

ps: sorry for my bad english i hope you can understand everything!

Yendil
04-09-2010, 02:17 AM
Oakland A's!!!! They need all the fan support they can get

Pinstripe pride
04-09-2010, 08:37 AM
assuming your from canada, so blue jays

DodgerBulls
04-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd say Blue Jays for the fact that you can go to their home games or any team you can follow constantly.

DodgerBulls
04-09-2010, 08:51 AM
or you can follow the Nationals given that they were the Expos not too long ago.

BOSTON617
04-09-2010, 08:54 AM
any team that hates the yankees

Pharoe18
04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
The Marlins!!!! We need fans.......please?

Pinstripe pride
04-09-2010, 09:05 AM
any team that hates the yankees

way to narrow it down. he goes from 30 teams to 29.......

Montrealer
04-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I fortget to say that i hate the blue jays! they are a few team that i don't want to be a a fan:

Blue Jay: my best friend favorite team
Yankees and Red Sox : Nothing really againt them I juste don't want to cheer a very popular team i prefer underdog.

Jack of Blades
04-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Nats.

Tkais9009
04-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Blue Jays, nats, or Cardinals :) :) :) :) :)

bbcmillionaire
04-09-2010, 10:37 AM
dont bring that mess to the cubs if you aren't down for a wild ride lol

VRP723
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
The Diamondbacks, they have a huge following on PSD

ShockerArt
04-09-2010, 01:37 PM
OK so you've already eliminated the Blue Jays, Yankees and Red Sox (good riddance to all three).

I'm a Tigers fan and I don't want to use my personal bias to sway you towards them. So, they're out.

I will, however, use my bias to sway you against the Twins, White Sox and Indians. Those teams are all evil and, thus, are eliminated.

I don't want you to get stuck cheering for teams with prehistoric front offices, so out go the Royals, Astros, Mets, and Giants.

You don't want to be a bandwagon jumper. So, Philly and Tampa Bay are out.

Cheering for the Cubs is way too cliched.

We should probably stay in your time zone, so that eliminates the L.A. teams, Seattle, St. Louis, Milwaukee, San Diego, Colorado, Texas, Arizona, and Oakland.

Since the Expos were a National League team, and there's a little more strategy to learn with National League baseball, let's get rid of the last remaining AL team, the Orioles.

The Braves have won the World Series in the last 20 years, and typically have a payroll in the top third of baseball. So let's get rid of them and look for a slightly more underdog-like team.

The Pirates and Nationals don't spend any money, and the Nationals already left you once. We don't want to ruin your experience so those two are gone.

The Marlins have a couple of World Series titles recently. They've been a very erratic franchise, going from spending tons of money to win the title in '97 to being one of the cheapest franchises during the last several years. I don't know if they'll start spending again once they get a new stadium. But, I don't think they're the right franchise for you.

That leaves you with the Cincinnati Reds. They are middle-of-the-pack in payroll. The Reds haven't won the World Series since 1990. So, they aren't a bandwagon pick. The Reds used to host the first opening day game every season until baseball ruined that tradition. They have a very interesting history and a rich tradition. The only negative is that they have Dusty Baker as their manager. Hopefully that won't last much longer.

Here is the Fangraphs breakdown of the Reds organization. (http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/organizational-rankings-20-cincinnati/)

Good luck!

Lincecum
04-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Giants

theslick1
04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
My totally unbiased objective opinion is that you should become a Yankees fan.

Montrealer
04-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Wow thanks a lots ShockerArt what a great reading it was! Just by curiosity I don't care for the time frame so of you don't eliminate the 10 west team what your pick with the Reds?

Thank again!!

heathonater
04-09-2010, 04:56 PM
want an underdog type of team to root for, go for the twins. they got mauer and morneau locked up for several years and always seem to find players out of their farm system.

kjoke
04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
marlins, lol, can this thread get anymore homeristic?

MooseWithFleas
04-09-2010, 05:14 PM
I thought this was The Flash when I saw the topic name (Phils forum inside joke). Damn was I disappointed.

VCaintdead17
04-09-2010, 05:35 PM
The Yankees need more fans :shrug:

whitesoxfan83
04-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Hello guys,

i first got to say that im a new baseball fan. Since im a kid i always like baseball but never really paid attention. But with the new mlb season i feel like i want to watch as many game as possible. Of course here the bad news: the expos are gone! So im looking for a new team to cheer. Im looking for sugestion!

anyway if you got a advice thanks a lots!

ps: sorry for my bad english i hope you can understand everything!

You will not go wrong with the White Sox ;)

MetsFanatic19
04-09-2010, 06:44 PM
i fortget to say that i hate the blue jays! They are a few team that i don't want to be a a fan:

Blue jay: My best friend favorite team
yankees and red sox : Nothing really againt them i juste don't want to cheer a very popular team i prefer underdog.

mets!

gottaHaveHart
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
seeing how you eliminated the yankees, blue jays and red soxs, and your friend watches the BJ's, pick a team in that division(rays or orioles)

Montrealer
04-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Question: I was wondering why a team like the mets who seem to have a lot of money can't win more game?

skymin5
04-09-2010, 10:56 PM
seeing how you eliminated the yankees, blue jays and red soxs, and your friend watches the BJ's, pick a team in that division(rays or orioles)

This

Montrealer
04-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I was thinking the same maybe the orioles (because the rays seem to be popular since they are good but I wonder if you got one day a chance to make the playoff if you are in this division) also I got 3 friends who watch a lot of baseball. Like I said the first one is a Jays Fan one is a Phillies Fan and the other a Padres Fan.

I also want to thanks everyone for answering my questions since I don't know a lot about all the team and the tradition I really enjoy you're comments!

Montrealer
04-19-2010, 01:47 AM
quick update: Im still not decide about wich team to root for but a got a said : i never watch so many baseball game im my life! I have buy the mlb.tv deal and is really nice! Also i really appreciate some message that people send me about there team! I enjoy when people talks about the great and the bad team of each team!

igPay atinLay
04-19-2010, 02:29 AM
Nats.

I agree they may not be very good but they used to be the expos

sportswhisper
04-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Giants all the way!

Inferno50
04-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Question: I was wondering why a team like the mets who seem to have a lot of money can't win more game?

ha too good

JLynn943
04-19-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm a Mets fan, and even though we are underdogs, I wouldn't suggest becoming a Mets fan unless you want to be constantly frustrated.

I know you said you were thinking about the Orioles. It's true that it's going to be tough for them in that division, but with them you get a rival team to the three teams you said you don't like or won't be a fan for. Then you could have some fun arguing with Blue Jays fans when they play each other and maybe get to see a few games. Plus they have a lot of tradition and history.

I think the Twins would also be a good choice. They're a promising team that sort of gets overlooked.

papirico52
04-19-2010, 03:19 AM
If you wanna be cool you gotta go with the phils :)

DodgerBulls
04-19-2010, 03:40 AM
If you wanna be cool you gotta go with the phils :)

but if you wanna be hot you gotta go with the Dodgers! :)

thawv
04-19-2010, 08:12 AM
It has to be the Nats. No brainer.

Montrealer
07-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Old post but I never said my choice! After I have made I road trip to Phyli and Baltimore and have fall in love with... The O's they may not be the best team for the moment but a have a really good time at the game ( and they beat the red sox!) I'm gooing to my second game next Monday this time at Toronto!

GO O's GO!!!

hoggin88
07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Old post but I never said my choice! After I have made I road trip to Phyli and Baltimore and have fall in love with... The O's they may not be the best team for the moment but a have a really good time at the game ( and they beat the red sox!) I'm gooing to my second game next Monday this time at Toronto!

GO O's GO!!!

:clap:

Bwest4prez
07-22-2010, 03:44 PM
ANY TEAM But the ANGELSSSS!!

sixers247
07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Packers

ShinobiNYC
07-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Well depends on how close a fan u wanna be, if I were I would follow the Jays(support Canada), the Mets(Jason Bay + the fact NY is not too far from Montreal to watch games in Citi Field) OR the Reds (Joey Votto + young promising team. Not that far from the Canadian border too).

hoggin88
07-22-2010, 05:19 PM
The thread got bumped guys. He said he started following the Orioles.

blams
07-22-2010, 06:48 PM
:laugh2: He's following the O's of all teams. awesome.

Aussy4GM
07-22-2010, 07:34 PM
damn, i thought we may have have a 1 hr special so he could announce what team he will cheer for. haha

StealingSigns
07-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Montrealer, enjoy your game at Roger's Center, even though you will be cheering for the wrong team. You will always be welcome in the Jays forum. Stop by and post in the game threads when the O's are playing the Jays.

Je pourrais même mettre en français si vous revenez. Je ne suis pas très bon dans ce domaine bien!

Your comment re. the Mets was priceless, btw.

1908_Cubs
07-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Don't pick the Chicago Cubs. Unless you like losing. A lot.

Then, damn straight, go for it.

Lincecum4CY
07-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Some young exciting teams like the Rangers,Rays.

Other good teams to follow the Twins.

Or if you want to watch a game at a beautiful ballpark then Giants :D ( let the bashing begin)

Oh, just DO NOT FOLLOW COLORADO/LA(both teams)/ SAN DIEGO

jetsfan89
07-23-2010, 02:47 AM

:(

Dr Cyanide 28
07-23-2010, 02:48 AM
y not watch the best player in baseball in albert pujols? :D

StealingSigns
07-23-2010, 04:20 AM
y not watch the best player in baseball in albert pujols? :D

Because he is an O's fan. He made his decision pages ago.

You guys need to give up!