PDA

View Full Version : Hornets owner George Shinn might sell the Hornets

Vinny642
04-08-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/04/new_orleans_hornets_owner_geor_6.html

Here is my question, if he does decide to do this and our new owner decides to re-brand the team, would you guys favor this? As in a new logo, name, colors, all of that.

ballpd05
04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't think he'd change much as far as the brand goes. That costs too much money for new jerseys, you'd have to repaint the court, re-do all of the posters and paraphernalia, and change all of the logos and stuff plastered all over the arena.

I mean he could, but I don't think he would just yet.

saintdrew
04-09-2010, 03:05 PM
If we did not change the name (Hornets) then I would prefer that we change our uniforms immediately. They look like split images of the old Charlotte Hornets uni's. Terrible. The NEW ORLEANS Hornets need their own originality.

Also, I would not be opposed to changing the team name to something more southern or cajun.

Vinny642
04-09-2010, 03:15 PM
If we did not change the name (Hornets) then I would prefer that we change our uniforms immediately. They look like split images of the old Charlotte Hornets uni's. Terrible. The NEW ORLEANS Hornets need their own originality.

Also, I would not be opposed to changing the team name to something more southern or cajun.

Personally I love our jerseys logo and team name, because I was A fan of the Hornets before New Orleans. The new owner might want to do it so the team has its own identity and he is a local New Orleans billionaire.

saintdrew
04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Personally I love our jerseys logo and team name, because I was A fan of the Hornets before New Orleans. The new owner might want to do it so the team has its own identity and he is a local New Orleans billionaire.

Ok well see I was not a fan until they came to New Orleans. But since you liked them before and you expressed your liking of the name/jerseys then you're justified because of that.

My main point is in a nutshell your last sentence in that the team needs their own identity and originality. Perfect example is the Clippers. Put the Clippers logo and Lakers logo side-by-side. If the Clips would change their uniforms and logo drastically then I think the team would gain recognition across the league and media(ESPN).

Mckphins
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM
dont change name ever! the hornets are the team ive cheered for every year whether it was charlotte or NO. I was pissed when they moved, i would not support them if the team was renamed and branded

nobreed504
04-11-2010, 10:16 PM
I love our logo. Keep it!!!! It joins us with the saints. Its a New Orleans logo to me.

Vinny642
04-11-2010, 10:23 PM
We won our last home game, that is good. One more game.

ballpd05
04-11-2010, 11:04 PM
We won our last home game, that is good. One more game.

Yeah, but it was against the twolves... us 5 who commented on this thread could go out and beat them.

But thats good. I'm excited to see what we can do in the off season, we got expiring contracts, a pg controversy, a new owner who is sure to make a coach/gm change... Hopefully we get turned around quick.

Vinny642
04-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I believe this CP and Collison thing can work

saintdrew
04-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I believe this CP and Collison thing can work

Yeah I hope so. There is so much the Hornets can do this offseason that I can't to see what actually goes down!

Peja, MoPete, Okafor--- hopefully they're gone.

Vinny642
04-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah I hope so. There is so much the Hornets can do this offseason that I can't to see what actually goes down!

Peja, MoPete, Okafor--- hopefully they're gone.

I still want Okafor, he can be a beast of a PF but center in the West is maybe a little too much for him. I would actually rather have MoPete over Posey.

saintdrew
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
dude...

what's the scenario on possibly obtaining andre iguodala?

i think it could happen. i don't know how, so i don't really have any facts but just thinking.

Vinny642
04-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Trade Wright and West

or Mo Pete and Okafor

and draft a big man

saintdrew
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
i want andre iguodala!

Chapin78
04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't care who the owner is as long as we have an owner that puts the best team possible out on the court. I will always be a fan of anything New Orleans. With that being said I actually like the logo it has to be one of the best in the league that mean looking Hornet in the fleur de lis is nice.

ballpd05
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
I still want Okafor, he can be a beast of a PF but center in the West is maybe a little too much for him. I would actually rather have MoPete over Posey.

Okafor is a little too questionable for me, and he has that monstrosity of a contract. He has the best agent alive, and the worst GM alive had to sign that contract (but could have possibly put in some real work in trading him).

Okafor I think is locked at the 5, to play the 4 nowadays it seems like you have to have some perimeter skills... Like you have to be mobile, have a mid-range or long range J, be able to handle, or something like that. I just don't think he has the lateral quickness or 15-17 ft offense to be a power forward. The worst is to have 4 and 5 that the other team can leave open outside of 7 ft.

Vinny642
04-19-2010, 07:00 PM
I want Monroe then trade West for a SF and our lineup is

CP/Collison
Thorton/ whoever
West traded/ Posey/Peja/Wright
Okafor/ Songailia
Monroe/ Whoever