PDA

View Full Version : I Guess All the Stephen Jackson Haters Are Eating Crow Right Now.....

Tony_Starks
04-08-2010, 02:44 PM
When he got traded to the Bobcats all I heard was that he was a "loser" a "trouble maker" and most commonly "a cancer!" Everyone was also saying how stupid he was to go to the Bobcats and how it served him right since they would never win anyway and he was just going to rot over there.

Fast forward and they've set a franchise record for wins, about to make their first playoffs, and all the while being led by Stephen the cancer Jackson!

Can we give props where props are due?

Big ups Captain Jack!!!!

td0tsfinest
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
what the hell does eating crow even mean? You people and your idioms.

I've always liked Stephen Jacksons game. He seems to be one of those guys that is just getting better with age. Congrats to the cats for making the playoffs.

DerekRE_3
04-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Jack is awesome. Him and Larry Brown have proven to be a great fit and him and Gerald Wallace make a fantastic duo on the wings. Two guys that can not only score, but are willing to play great defense, which is why the Bobcats are #2 in the league in defensive efficiency.

black1605
04-08-2010, 02:51 PM
eating crown means taking back something you said

and i understand why Warriors fans were ready to get rid of him, but he has been nothing short of great for us......he walked into the locker room the day he was traded to us, said "we are going to make the playoffs"

a few months later, and here we are.....he just needed a change of scenery, and a change in coach......not saying Nelly is a bad coach by any means, but Jack and him didn't get along, and there was no mutual respect

Tony_Starks
04-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah him and Crash on the wings are a sight to see...They're going to give somebody a major scare in that first round!

asandhu23
04-08-2010, 02:54 PM
jackson is a cancer. He stunk his way off my team. Watch what happens after the novelty of a new team wears off. Idiot can't handle leadership role.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2010, 02:55 PM
When he got traded to the Bobcats all I heard was that he was a "loser" a "trouble maker" and most commonly "a cancer!" Everyone was also saying how stupid he was to go to the Bobcats and how it served him right since they would never win anyway and he was just going to rot over there.

Fast forward and they've set a franchise record for wins, about to make their first playoffs, and all the while being led by Stephen the cancer Jackson!

Big ups Captain Jack!!!!

he is still average efficiency wise, but his defense has improved since his arrival in Charlotte. But he is not that good really, sorry.

homestarunner93
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
jackson is a cancer. He stunk his way off my team. Watch what happens after the novelty of a new team wears off.

And you're an idiot and a blind homer. Its obvious that he was just tired of being with Don Nelson and tired of the Warriors.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2010, 02:57 PM
and as a few will point out, wait till the honeymoon wears off. Gonna have to pay that chucker $27 million over the next 3 years after this season

Avenged
04-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Stephen Jackson. :worthy:

asandhu23
And you're an idiot and a blind homer. Its obvious that he was just tired of being with Don Nelson and tired of the Warriors.

actually moron... he was tired of losing seasons and being called Captain Jack of the always losing Warriors. He couldn't handle the pressures of being a leader.

C_A_S_H
stephen jax
is a beast
dats all i gotta say

Avenged
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
he is still average efficiency wise, but his defense has improved since his arrival in Charlotte. But he is not that good really, sorry.

I don't really see a lot of his games unless it's up against the Lakers so I wouldn't know. But he was really good against the Mavs in the upset series.

BOSTON617
04-08-2010, 03:02 PM
i hope this is a jk ???????? lol def overrating a decent player

Hawkeye15
04-08-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't really see a lot of his games unless it's up against the Lakers so I wouldn't know. But he was really good against the Mavs in the upset series.

he was very good. But he shoots a ton of jumpers at a not so good percentage, doesn't rebound well, doesn't distribute well, and his defensive intensity that has come out of nowhere after 700 NBA games will go away in time. He is simply on a honeymoon with a winning team. His tendancies will come back. His PER is barely above league average, which means his numbers are not coming in a good way many times.
But it won't matter. He has brought them a little tougher attitude, and that team is in salary cap problems for the next couple years anyways, so he doesn't exactly kill them.
He is just not an all star caliber player in the least, as many have tried to formulate.

Tony_Starks
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
eating crown means taking back something you said

and i understand why Warriors fans were ready to get rid of him, but he has been nothing short of great for us......he walked into the locker room the day he was traded to us, said "we are going to make the playoffs"

a few months later, and here we are.....he just needed a change of scenery, and a change in coach......not saying Nelly is a bad coach by any means, but Jack and him didn't get along, and there was no mutual respect

I can understand why he got frustrated. That core of him, BD, Monta, Al Harrington, and Matt Barnes was very solid. When they started letting those guys go one by one to fill the team with D league'rs I would've been upset too.

I agree it was unprofessional how he handled it but I can't be mad at him because he had to do what he had to do to force their hand to ship him out.

But you look at where the Bobcats are and then turn around and see what the Warriors have done since he left and that pretty much tells the whole story.

Iceman778
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah him and Crash on the wings are a sight to see...They're going to give somebody a major scare in that first round!

wow! the somebody will some somethin Hopefully

Hawkeye15
04-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Jax is not the reason they are in the playoffs. Its their huge improvement on team defense.

sep11ie
04-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Anybody have a good recipe for crow?

Iodine
04-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Jax is not the reason they are in the playoffs. Its their huge improvement on team defense.

While this is true, Sjax gives them a true multi facited scorer that the katz have lacked

Plus Larry Brown is god

Also homestar why did you even waster your time?

homestarunner93
04-08-2010, 03:11 PM
actually moron... he was tired of losing seasons and being called Captain Jack of the always losing Warriors. He couldn't handle the pressures of being a leader.

What do you think he is now? He and Wallace are what makes this team go.

homestarunner93
04-08-2010, 03:12 PM
While this is true, Sjax gives them a true multi facited scorer that the katz have lacked

Plus Larry Brown is god

Not sure, asandhu is just going to homer up whatever is said, like always.

Tony_Starks
04-08-2010, 03:17 PM

He's a big part of that defensive improvement. It's pretty rare to have a guy that can defend 1 through 3 and even occasionally 4. Now you can take him and Crash and switch everything defensively. Also this isn't new, he defended the hell out of Dirk when they upset Dallas in the playoffs and he always plays Kobe extremely tough. Just in Golden State nobody else was playing D.

Swashcuff
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM

:up: very true

Swashcuff
04-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Jackson is the type of guy that no matter what he's going to be hated on. Good player though.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
He's a big part of that defensive improvement. It's pretty rare to have a guy that can defend 1 through 3 and even occasionally 4. Now you can take him and Crash and switch everything defensively. Also this isn't new, he defended the hell out of Dirk when they upset Dallas in the playoffs and he always plays Kobe extremely tough. Just in Golden State nobody else was playing D.

I even agreed that on the defensive side of the ball, Jax looks better. But again, I would be hard pressed to believe he will sustain that improvement after the honeymoon wears off.
And the Dirk job is famous for good reason, though it didn't just turn him into an all caliber defender. Dirk was scouted well. He liked to dribble hard left twice, and shoot. Jax was long enough to crowd that. Dirk then fixed that problem.
I won't argue he hasn't helped push Charlotte over the hump to get into the playoffs. I just don't see him being any sort of an answer long term

Also, I love it that the Bobcats are in, now my Wolves get their pick.

asandhu23
04-08-2010, 03:27 PM
For a Blind Homer, I am pretty good at typing...

MagicDojo
04-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Plus Larry Brown is god

he is one of the best coaches in history.

Draco
04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Not a good season for me to watch ball.. but the one game I did see Jax in he was T'd up for arguing with a ref in a recent Toronto game.. from that point on it seemed like the momentum switched and the bobcats ended up losing the game.

CityofTreez
04-08-2010, 03:40 PM
overrating him big time! 42 wins in the West wouldn't make the playoffs.

I'll give SJax his props, but that is all

Raoul Duke
04-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Not to change the subject, but how long are you guys giving Larry Brown in Charlotte? If I were a Bobcats fan, I'd be more worried about Brown's departure than I would be about the end of Jackson's "honeymoon".

Just to clarify, this isn't a dig on the cats. I just know that Larry Brown is a gypsy and that he usually puts on his walkin' shoes once he's gotten a team further than anyone thought possible.

homestarunner93
04-08-2010, 04:04 PM
For a Blind Homer, I am pretty good at typing...

If only I could be as funny as you for one day...:rolleyes:

DerekRE_3
04-08-2010, 04:06 PM

Their defense was good before he came though, and he's been a big part of that defense. What Jackson brings is a scoring threat. He may not be the most efficient scorer, but he still demands attention. Before the trade, they didn't really have a guy like that.

Sixxpack
04-08-2010, 04:07 PM
what the hell does eating crow even mean? You people and your idioms.

I've always liked Stephen Jacksons game. He seems to be one of those guys that is just getting better with age. Congrats to the cats for making the playoffs.

Eating crow (eating boiled crow) is an American English idiom thought to be rooted in or around 1850's America, meaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proven wrong after taking a strong position. Eating crow is presumably foul-tasting in the same way that being proven wrong might be emotionally hard to swallow

DerekRE_3
04-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Not to change the subject, but how long are you guys giving Larry Brown in Charlotte? If I were a Bobcats fan, I'd be more worried about Brown's departure than I would be about the end of Jackson's "honeymoon".

Just to clarify, this isn't a dig on the cats. I just know that Larry Brown is a gypsy and that he usually puts on his walkin' shoes once he's gotten a team further than anyone thought possible.

You're absolutely right.

Tony_Starks
04-08-2010, 04:24 PM

I think realistically as long as Michael Jordan stays involved and the team is successful he will be around. Larry Brown is an opportunist big time but if the team keeps improving I don't see why he wouldn't stick around if nothing else to soak up the accolades. Plus they got the Carolina connection on their side.

I see him there at least a couple more years but first sign of trouble and you already know....

ackar
04-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Stephen Jackson. :worthy:

lol:clap:

S.J.Basketball
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
and as a few will point out, wait till the honeymoon wears off. Gonna have to pay that chucker $27 million over the next 3 years after this season

Hahahaha money comment. My thoughts exactly.

DerekRE_3
04-08-2010, 05:04 PM

You're right, but you have to realize that the Bobcats had to make a move like this. Fans weren't attending games and they were losing a ton of money. And besides, we got rid of a guy named Vladimir Radmanovic, who had an awful contract and didn't do ****.

Hey Man
04-08-2010, 05:42 PM
wow! The somebody will some somethin hopefully

wtf?

bigsams50
04-08-2010, 06:09 PM
He's not the most efficient scorer, but he's a perfect fit for out team. Gives us a legit scoring threat, and can play good D

clehmun
04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
A LOT better than TURK :(

DerekRE_3
04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Before trade: 3-6
After trade: 39-30

dwadefan03
04-08-2010, 06:27 PM
he like almost everyone else was(is?) being misused in gstate. i think everyone that gets outta there can become a better player. i always thought that stephen jackson was good. and i also thought that the bobcats were i piece away from a playoff birth....guess he was that piece

OaklandsFinest
04-08-2010, 06:33 PM
wow this looks kinda familiar doesn't it? Traded mid way through the season, helps get that team into the playoffs for the first time in a long time, then those unneccesary t's during the playoffs will make your tough series all of the sudden unwinable. His intensity and hunger will blind enough of the teams fan base that as his impact fades that some of the fans still rally behind him. Eventually he'll stop letting guys like Ray Felton and Gerald Wallace be the leaders of the team and then demand that he's the leader of the team. Then after he's taken that leadership he will hate it because he's the reason your team is not back in the playoffs.

black1605
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
blah blah blah, if that happens, fine, but for now, no problems whatsoever

Hawkeye15
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Their defense was good before he came though, and he's been a big part of that defense. What Jackson brings is a scoring threat. He may not be the most efficient scorer, but he still demands attention. Before the trade, they didn't really have a guy like that.

I can accept this. Good post. I still think he reverts back however, but for now, and for a franchise dying financially and in dire need of money from playoffs and excitement, Jax was what they needed.

Toenail Clipper
04-08-2010, 07:09 PM
But didn't he say he's as good as Kobe Bryant?
HM.

HoopsDrive
04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
HM.

That can't be true otherwise Monta wouldn't be the 2nd best player in the LEAGUE :speechless:

dtmagnet
04-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Jackson is one tough dude, would love to have him on my team.

Iodine
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
wow this looks kinda familiar doesn't it? Traded mid way through the season

9 games is midway through an 82 game season?

I thought public schools were bad in the east coast

xbrackattackx
04-08-2010, 07:50 PM

:D This made me laugh.

Iodine
04-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I aim to please

well that and go crazy but still

Raoul Duke
04-08-2010, 08:23 PM
HM.

I don't blame him for saying that (assuming he did). If you're going to be "the man" somewhere, even partially, then you almost have to believe that you can outplay anybody on any given night.

asandhu23
04-08-2010, 08:27 PM

Well he is from Oakland.... :shrug:

DerekRE_3
04-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I can accept this. Good post. I still think he reverts back however, but for now, and for a franchise dying financially and in dire need of money from playoffs and excitement, Jax was what they needed.

Yep pretty much. The city needed a playoff appearance badly, just like they needed a new owner badly. The Bobcats are finally selling some tickets, and basketball may finally be back in North Carolina, which is a great thing.

GSW Hoops
04-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Big ups Captain Jack!!!!

If you still feel the same way 12 months from now, I'll eat a bug :)

Sadds The Gr8
04-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I think a good big man would put them right up there with ATL near 4th place

PJAF
04-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Jackson will not be long in Charlotte. His shooting percentage is low, he takes too many outside shots (too many shots period) doesn't rebound and a sub-par defender.

DerekRE_3
04-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Jackson will not be long in Charlotte. His shooting percentage is low, he takes too many outside shots (too many shots period) doesn't rebound and a sub-par defender.

He gets 5 boards a game, that's not terrible. Plus he plays with Gerald Wallace, who is the best rebounding small forward in the game and eats up rebounds.

Sub-par defender? :laugh2:
I guess that's why Charlotte is #2 in defensive efficiency this year and #1 in points allowed.

Iodine
04-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Derek, why are you trying to debate logically in the NBA forum?

J-Relo
04-09-2010, 02:21 PM
my mind from the beginning - great fit... didn't thought he's gonna do as good but smth near