PDA

View Full Version : NBA admits missed foul on Durant

69centers
04-08-2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/3452329

Possibly making up for the phantom call that cost the Celtics the game the other night, and KG some cash?

OKC got the win in Boston on a non Durant foul, and now they lost to Utah on a non call for a real foul. What comes around goes around. :clap:

Rego247
04-08-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/3452329

Possibly making up for the phantom call that cost the Celtics the game the other night, and KG some cash?

OKC got the win in Boston on a non Durant foul, and now they lost to Utah on a non call for a real foul. What comes around goes around. :clap:

really? i didnt see the game but is that why kg was so mad at the press conference? i mean is that the call he was talking about?

pebloemer
04-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Meh. Refs miss calls all the time and make non-calls all the time. It is quite the imperfect science.

I like Brooks' quote in the article.

"Referees are great at what they do,” Brooks said before Wednesday’s game. "One thing about referees is they will call it the same in the first minute as the last minute. They have a tough job and they try to get it right. They do it 90 percent of the time. I am more worried about how we’re playing.”

Having an article that says, "the refs were wrong on a call" is about as meaningful as observing a bird and noting that it can fly. It happens. Unfortunately for the Thunder it happened at a pivotal point in the game.

69centers
04-08-2010, 12:37 PM
really? i didnt see the game but is that why kg was so mad at the press conference? i mean is that the call he was talking about?

Overall, KG was ticked about the free throws being something like 36 for the Thunder to only about 17 for the C's. I think Durant had 16, nearly as many as the whole Celtics.

I do believe he was most upset with the clean strip of Durant by Paul Pierce with about a minute and a half left in the game. Replays showed no contact on Durant whatsoever, not even a fingertip. A complete phantom call that gave Durant two free throws when they were already up 2 points.

carter15
04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
What does Boston have to do with anything?

Avenged
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
What does Boston have to do with anything?

I think he's implying Karma. :shrug:

But anyways, admitting isn't going to solve anything. They should just play that last possession one more time :p

Raph12
04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
A lot of maturity on 21yr old Durant's part, he knows nothing can be done and thinks the loss will make his team stronger. In comparison, 34yr old KG was *****ing about having to play against Michael ****ing Jordan and cried about the calls all throughout his postgame interview.

G-Funk
04-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Why is the NBA speaking? This is why I think that all Refs from all U.S sports should have their own org. So their won't be any conspiracies. Refs shouldn't report to anyone(Commisoners), instead they should work with them not for them.

MagicDojo
04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Meh. Refs miss calls all the time and make non-calls all the time. It is quite the imperfect science.

I like Brooks' quote in the article.

Having an article that says, "the refs were wrong on a call" is about as meaningful as observing a bird and noting that it can fly. It happens. Unfortunately for the Thunder it happened at a pivotal point in the game.
I agree, every sport has bad calls and judgment calls. Garnett has benefitted from plenty that have gone his way he just gets mad when they dont.