PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the rookie of the year?

Jeff559
04-08-2010, 12:14 AM
My vote is for Steph Curry, but its a close call. If you take out the first month or so of the year, I think he has out played Reke, but not by much. Jennings third, just cant see giving it to a guy who shoots that poorly from the field, but some argue that he is playing for a winner.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
unfortunately for Curry, there was the first 6 weeks of the season. Tyreke has been a rock. He wins, easily

bigsams50
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Tyreke Evans. He's been great all season long

mikantsass
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Tyreke.... Next...

bbcmillionaire
04-08-2010, 11:53 AM
haha reke has it, heres a question who has been the best rookie big man?(pf/c)

Swashcuff
04-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I would love for anyone who was serious when the voted for Jennings to explain exactly why they think he is the most deserving pick for ROY.

drama1386
04-08-2010, 12:05 PM
tyreke will win it because this award is based off of individual success, but i think jennings should win. call me a homer if you'd like, but having a rookie start all 78 games at the PG position and help lead his team to the playoffs and 10 games over .500 is phenomonal (and he averages 15.4/5.8/3.5 which is really good for a 20 year old rookie, who is 2 years out of high school). people may argue that bogut is the reason for the bucks success this season, but I would argue that the play of jennings helped bogut have a career season. bogut finally has a PG who is willing to pass to him and run the offense through him. all in all, tyreke will win it (and rightfully so based off of individual stats as a rook) but I believe team success, playing time & overall impact on the team and the players should be considered when it comes to the ROY voting.

Swashcuff
04-08-2010, 12:08 PM
tyreke will win it because this award is based off of individual success, but i think jennings should win. call me a homer if you'd like, but having a rookie start all 78 games at the PG position and help lead his team to the playoffs and 10 games over .500 is phenomonal (and he averages 15.4/5.8/3.5 which is really good for a 20 year old rookie, who is 2 years out of high school). people may argue that bogut is the reason for the bucks success this season, but I would argue that the play of jennings helped bogut have a career season. bogut finally has a PG who is willing to pass to him and run the offense through him. all in all, tyreke will win it (and rightfully so based off of individual stats as a rook) but I believe team success, playing time & overall impact on the team and the players should be considered when it comes to the ROY voting.

Put Tyreke on the Bucks and your tune will be soooooooooooooooooooo different. You are indeed being a Homer. No question.

bbcmillionaire
04-08-2010, 12:12 PM

man jennings isnt quite on tyreke level, tyreke has been one thing curry and jennings havent been, consistent

kingcanadian409
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
i voted for reke, but i also think that J.Jerebko should get some well deserved attention. He is a crowd fav here in detroit and is the lone bright spot on this disaster season.

DirkIsTheBest
04-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Curry >>>>> Evans

asandhu23
04-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Hidden story of last night's Don Nelson record game: Curry almost had a Quadruple Double

Stephen Curry had 27 points, 14 assists, eight rebounds and a career-high seven steals

Swashcuff
04-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Hidden story of last night's Don Nelson record game: Curry almost had a Quadruple Double

so is he your ROY?

asandhu23
04-08-2010, 12:51 PM
so is he your ROY?

Even though I am team Ellis, he is my ROY

drama1386
04-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Put Tyreke on the Bucks and your tune will be soooooooooooooooooooo different. You are indeed being a Homer. No question.

but tyreke isn't on the bucks so that doesn't matter. even if he was, and he was putting up jennings' numbers on a winning team & jennings was putting up tyreke's numbers on a losing team, I still would take tyreke. like I said before: overall team success, playing time & impact should be considered when it comes to the ROY.

but with all of that said, tyreke's gonna win it. he's had the award locked since december. he's a tremendous player who's gonna have a very bright future. and i'll be the first to say congrats to him when he does win it.

PC
04-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Tyreke, Curry, Jennings in that order

Swashcuff
04-08-2010, 01:28 PM
but tyreke isn't on the bucks so that doesn't matter. even if he was, and he was putting up jennings' numbers on a winning team & jennings was putting up tyreke's numbers on a losing team, I still would take tyreke. like I said before: overall team success, playing time & impact should be considered when it comes to the ROY.

but with all of that said, tyreke's gonna win it. he's had the award locked since december. he's a tremendous player who's gonna have a very bright future. and i'll be the first to say congrats to him when he does win it.

ur a being so nieve. Where do the best rookies(most of the time) go??? Not to the lower ranked teams in the league. So by your logic a ROY should be a guy who takes a lower ranked team and turn them around.

Admit it you are being a homer. Despite what the masses said i beileve the bucks was going to be good this year and Bogut's improved play should come as no surprise.

I agree with your point of it being taken into consideration but you are basing your entire reasoning for picking jennings which in my mind is not right. You can't blame a guy if he is drafted into a team that just isn't that good.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Jennings is a beast! but he's just to inconsistent.

one night he'll have 26... next night he'll have 9? wtf.... come on now.

Raph12
04-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Tyreke the freak and it isn't close.

BOSTON617
04-08-2010, 01:44 PM
i voted for jenning because look at the bucks last year now look at the bucks i understand its individual sucess.... but jennings is good and is only going to get better tyreke is great but he is the team take him off the team what is there option lol

MaHaRaJaH
04-08-2010, 01:47 PM

That's why I think jennings should win

CityofTreez
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
The King: Tyreke Evans

If there were votes for SWAG, Jennings would get it, but who on this god forsaken Earth cares about swag and GQ picture ads professing his love for Ciara and showing off his necklace tattoo. What an utter joke!
http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201004/brandon-jennings-milwaukee-bucks-basketball-rookie-profile

KosmoCramer
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Tyreke will run away with it

DeyAce
04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Taj Gibson

iFYouSeekAmy
04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Either Curry or Evans.

Evans has been consistent all year..

but Curry has been putting up GREAT numbers every night.

But if you put Tyreke on the Warriors and Curry on the Kings, it wouldn't work out.. at least Curry wouldn't adjust to the half-court offense.

Sadds The Gr8
04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
like the 1000000000000000th RoY thread....It's obviously Tyreke.

NBAfan4life
04-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I wish Minnesota would of grabbed Curry. Evans will win curry a close second

DerekRE_3
04-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I love how everyone talks about Curry's strong finish...it's not like Tyreke hasn't finished strong either:
20 points, 7 boards, and 7.5 assists per game in March.

ldc62
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I voted Curry, but that was due to recent play.

Tony_Starks
04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Well since the PG is the leader of the team I'm going to have to go with Jennings who's leading his team to the playoffs. His scoring has been up and down and he had one big helluva slump but the fact that he's helped get them there without Redd is pretty amazing stuff!

xBLAMEITON24x
04-08-2010, 06:19 PM
i like Curry but Evans i believe will win the award

GrandDaddyPurp
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Even if Tyreke doesn't get 20-5-5, he wins ROY easily.

Vinny642
04-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Tyreke but Curry will have it close.

sacgiants1213
04-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I love how everyone talks about Curry's strong finish...it's not like Tyreke hasn't finished strong either:
20 points, 7 boards, and 7.5 assists per game in March.

but but, tyreke doesn't utilize his teammates enough and curry makes 3 pointers.

Toenail Clipper
04-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I really love Stephen Chicken Curry, but it's automatic that Tyreke will win.

asandhu23
04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
I really love Stephen Chicken Curry, but it's automatic that Tyreke will win.

Dude its GOAT Curry

Toenail Clipper
04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Dude its GOAT Curry

lol, you don't like my pun?
haha
Besides, you're indian aren't you?
You eat chicken curry!

Hey Man
04-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm a warrior fan and i voted curry even though Evans will probably win it. However, if Curry puts up another game like he did against the wolves (Nearly quad double) or 2 more 30 and 10s i think he will win

asandhu23
04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
lol, you don't like my pun?
haha
Besides, you're indian aren't you?
You eat chicken curry!

Goat, Lamb, Duck...

asandhu23
04-08-2010, 09:07 PM
so yeah GOAT curry works because it has double meanings

montazingmvp
04-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Either Curry or Evans.

Evans has been consistent all year..

but Curry has been putting up GREAT numbers every night.

But if you put Tyreke on the Warriors and Curry on the Kings, it wouldn't work out.. at least Curry wouldn't adjust to the half-court offense.

what makes you say that..i'm not completely familiar with davidson's offensive system but i can bet that they didn't play at as high a pace as the warriors and he still clearly excelled within that different system...

besides that the kings don't play a half court offense...they play one of the top 10 paces in the league i believe

tredigs
04-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Curry is the best player, but 'Reke will be ROY. Nellie didn't understand how good Curry was for a few weeks.

tredigs
04-08-2010, 09:37 PM
but but, tyreke doesn't utilize his teammates enough and curry makes 3 pointers.

And has a higher EFG% and true shooting percentage -- shoots better in every facet of the game (26% 3p shooter for Tyreke... really?), averages slightly more assists, gets more steals, and does this even having significantly less USG% than Tyreke. 26 to 21 I think. People think that the pace of the Warriors inflates the stats, but that USG% stat is much more telling of inflated stats than an up-tempo offense (Kings play up tempo as well for what it's worth).

Again, I still think Tyreke gets the award, but Curry is the player I would rather have.

billy17
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Well Tyrekes the obvious ROY, especially if you consider a pretty big factor which I dont feel many people are.. Defense

A 6'6" 220lb guard that runs the floor like Barbosa and averages more attempts in the paint per game than any other player at any position. Oh and hes averaging 20p 5r and 5a a game with a terrific %

Not to mention how ridiculously clutch hes been

Sounds like a solid player to build a team around.

C_A_S_H
04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
i think jennings should be the ROY
cause hes been solid all season on a WINNING TEAM

Shortys4711
04-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Taj Gibson

Come on man you cant be serious, Hes doing well but he aint got nothing on Reke, Curry, or Jennings. I am going with Reke, Hes been putting up good numbers all season long and pretty much carring his team. Curry has been playing really well latley but not all season, thats like giving STAT MVP because hes been killing it from the allstar break. Jennings is just to inconsistant at the moment and is playing on a better team with way more tallent. Its gotta be Reke hands down.

tredigs
04-08-2010, 10:20 PM
i think jennings should be the ROY
cause hes been solid all season on a WINNING TEAM

totally bruh. Jennings is a ROCK! You couldn't be more right.

kikeyanez
04-08-2010, 10:30 PM
curry hands down!

CurryisCheddd
04-08-2010, 10:52 PM
okay lemme break this down
tyreke is just a straight up beast that scores like no other.
but curry is nash type of player that can shoot, pass great ..but curry knows how to rebound.
so as if now id take tyreke cause he has the numbers cause stats dont lie. but curry will be the better all around point guard that can put up 25points.10 assist.and 7 rebounds any day.
so basically im trying to say is curry will be top 3 point guard in the future

blah-blah
04-08-2010, 11:03 PM
tyreke or jennings