PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh Sustains Broken Bone in Face

PaleHose
04-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Raptors lose game to Cavs, Bosh to injury

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer

CLEVELAND (AP)—As Chris Bosh laid on the floor dazed with blood streaming from his nose, the Toronto Raptors felt a different pain.

Their road to the playoffs could be even tougher now.

Flattened by an inadvertent elbow from Cleveland’s Antawn Jamison, Bosh sustained a broken bone in his face Tuesday night as the Raptors, battling Chicago for the final postseason spot in the Eastern Conference, were beaten 113-101 by the Cavaliers, who have won 11 straight at home.

Bosh was accidentally struck by Jamison as the two jostled for position in the lane in the opening minutes. Bosh, who had blood dripping from his nose and mouth area as he was assisted from the floor, was immediately taken to the Cleveland Clinic for a CT scan.

Following the game, the Raptors said tests showed the All-Star forward suffered a “maxilla and nasal fracture to the right side of his face.” Bosh, who returned to Quicken Loans Arena in the fourth quarter, will not travel with the team. Instead, he was to be kept in the hospital overnight for further evaluation.

Bosh’s loss couldn’t have come at a worse time for the Raptors, who entered the night clinging to the No. 8 playoff spot. Toronto has a tough week ahead with games against Boston, Atlanta and the Bulls, who lost to Milwaukee and remain one game behind the Raptors.

It’s not known when Bosh, who is eligible for free agency this summer, will rejoin the team or if he’ll be able to play once he returns.

“We have to keep fighting, regardless if we have him or not,” said Jarrett Jack, who led the Raptors with 23 points. “It doesn’t get any easier and you can’t run. Timing is never perfect it seems in the NBA. It happens and you have to deal with it. It’s part of the game like anything else. Injuries are part of it.

“As silly as this may sound, with Chris going down, it creates an opportunity for somebody to step up. You might have been wanting that playing time all season. It’s in front of you now. You have an opportunity to do something with it and come through for our team, because we’re going to need someone to step up if he’s not able to go.”

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2010040605)

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Injury video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oUKyhHxDPI

Shady66
04-07-2010, 12:50 AM
hopefully hes back soon, raps need him.

MaHaRaJaH
04-07-2010, 12:51 AM
oh great

JNA17
04-07-2010, 12:52 AM
is bosh gonna have a face guard now? If he is he would look hilarious in it lol.

but in all seriousness, that much hurt some raptors fans

Mavrix
04-07-2010, 12:55 AM
If it's his orbital bone he should be out 2-3 weeks which would most likely cause the Raps not to make the playoffs.

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 12:56 AM
If it's his orbital bone he should be out 2-3 weeks which would most likely cause the Raps not to make the playoffs.

and because of that they will lose Bosh in FA market.

JNA17
04-07-2010, 12:59 AM
and because of that they will lose Bosh in FA market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rP5SDvyKI&feature=related

stawka
04-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Damn man. I feel bad for him, at least it's not a season-ending injury. Hopefully he's back and wearing a mask, better than nothing I guess =/

Lakers4ItAll
say goodbye Toronto

Rego247

isnt this somthing similar to what jason terry had?

td0tsfinest
04-07-2010, 01:01 AM
It's a huge blow for the Raps. I really hope he gets better and could make a return before the season is over.

Raph12
04-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Looks like Bosh is helping out his future teammate Rose not look foolish after his guarantee... Chitown here he comes! :p

Avenged
04-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Damn man. I feel bad for him, at least it's not a season-ending injury. Hopefully he's back and wearing a mask, better than nothing I guess =/

If it's 2 weeks like someone stated, it could very well be a season ending injury.

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rP5SDvyKI&feature=related

:eyebrow:

clutchski
04-07-2010, 01:13 AM
MASK. That's all I have to say.

Giraffes Rule
04-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Wow, that's a shame. He's already one ugly mother ****er, can you imagine him in one of those masks?

WITZ
04-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Wow, that's a shame. He's already one ugly mother ****er, can you imagine him in one of those masks?

Lmao thats funny yet ****** up at the same time :laugh:

stawka
04-07-2010, 01:26 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

I'm trying to keep it serious here, but that was awesome :clap:

Mavrix
04-07-2010, 01:32 AM
isnt this somthing similar to what jason terry had?

That's exactly what Jason Terry had...he came back in 13 days I think. He's still wearing his mask though.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Looks like Bosh is helping out his future teammate Rose not look foolish after his guarantee... Chitown here he comes! :p

coming from mr bandwagon it really means alot

Eagles4Lyfe
04-07-2010, 01:48 AM

what man seriously judges another mans looks?? thats how you know someones a first class hater cause even if hes bad looking he prolly gets more girls than youll ever get

faridk89
04-07-2010, 01:51 AM
what man seriously judges another mans looks?? thats how you know someones a first class hater cause even if hes bad looking he prolly gets more girls than youll ever get

haha i agree with this, so the man is uglier then you supposedly, yet will end up with 100x the women you do, explain yourself

Raph12
04-07-2010, 01:51 AM
coming from mr bandwagon it really means alot

Good to know you appreciate and value my opinion so much. :p

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 01:53 AM

bandwagoner :pity:

Eagles4Lyfe
04-07-2010, 01:54 AM

no i just find it funny you hop on all the top teams then go hating on the weaker teams because youll bring up one of your elite bandwagon teams as your defence theres a word they call people like you in fact shaq said the same thing about bosh last year..;)

Mavrix
04-07-2010, 01:55 AM
haha i agree with this, so the man is uglier then you supposedly, yet will end up with 100x the women you do, explain yourself

I'd rather get 10 girls off my looks then 100 girls off my money.

jackdawson
04-07-2010, 01:55 AM
no i just find it funny you hop on all the top teams then go hating on the weaker teams because youll bring up one of your elite bandwagon teams as your defence theres a word they call people like you in fact shaq said the same thing about bosh last year..;)

Nicely put.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-07-2010, 01:57 AM

whats the difference, its not like he gets 100 ugly girls..but back on topic i still think well make playoffs just need bargs to step it up otherwise itll be a tough climb

Mavrix
04-07-2010, 01:58 AM
whats the difference, its not like he gets 100 ugly girls..but back on topic i still think well make playoffs just need bargs to step it up otherwise itll be a tough climb

The difference is the girls that he gets are gold diggers?

GspLAL
04-07-2010, 02:06 AM
The difference is the girls that he gets are gold diggers?

And that matters why? Not like he's marrying em or some ****.

Raph12
04-07-2010, 02:09 AM

I love to watch basketball, whether it be Duke vs Butler or Orlando vs Cleveland, good basketball is good basketball.

I watch a lot of teams play, in fact I watched TO play Cleveland today and do you know what I saw? I saw what I've been seeing all year long; buckets, buckets and more buckets for the opposing team. Bosh is a beast on offense, but the team as a whole on defense are just annoying to watch.

I watch the top teams because they play good basketball, if the Magic, Lakers, Cavs, Jazz, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Hawks, Thunder or Celts are playing, I'll probably do what I can to catch the game. I'd also watch if the Cats, Bucks (with Bogut), Heat, Blazers, Rocket, Grizz, Bulls (healthy) or Hornets (with CP3) if I have nothing to do... Other than that, I don't bother watching two bad teams play one another.

My fav player in the league is Dwight Howard, most people on PSD think I'm somewhat of a Dwight-homer, and maybe I am. The Magic is the team I want to win the title, but if they lose, I won't stop watching and cheering, I just continue to go through the list of my fav players/teams. I don't lose any sleep when my team loses a game or w/e and if that makes me a bandwagonner, then I'll gladly accept that label.

Raph12
04-07-2010, 02:17 AM

Btw, Bosh does look like the predator from the movie.

Bosh (http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/1/29/1264757159579/Toronto-Raptors-Chris-Bos-001.jpg)|Predator (http://people.ee.duke.edu/~drsmith/cloaking/predator.jpg)

tredigs
04-07-2010, 02:30 AM
I wouldn't be too sure this spells the end for the Raptors. Amir Johnson is a decent backup, and the Bulls aren't doing themselves any favors. A 100% healthy Bulls squad just lost a must win to the Bogut-less Bucks tonight. And I think they were at home to boot. Either way, the team that gets in is getting swept.

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 02:33 AM

Bosh (http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/1/29/1264757159579/Toronto-Raptors-Chris-Bos-001.jpg)|Predator (http://people.ee.duke.edu/~drsmith/cloaking/predator.jpg)

you racist bastard

Mavrix
04-07-2010, 02:39 AM
And that matters why? Not like he's marrying em or some ****.

Fact of the matter is he wouldn't get ***** if he weren't in the NBA.

Sadds The Gr8
04-07-2010, 03:17 AM
**** man....hope he comes back soon.

Sadds The Gr8
04-07-2010, 03:18 AM

I'm not sure but isn't orbital the bone around your eye? I heard the bosh injury is around his nose/mouth.

Draco
04-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't be too sure this spells the end for the Raptors. Amir Johnson is a decent backup, and the Bulls aren't doing themselves any favors. A 100% healthy Bulls squad just lost a must win to the Bogut-less Bucks tonight. And I think they were at home to boot. Either way, the team that gets in is getting swept.

Noah played less minutes than Taj and Deng just came back.. I doubt they're 100% healthy.

Kakaroach
04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Tough news for the Raps with that playoff race coming to a close and just a game lead on the Bulls.

Doesn't look like he has a return date yet but when he does he'll prolly wear one of those masks ala Rip Hamilton.

Ty Fast
04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
i wonder if that was his last game for the raps

Ty Fast
04-07-2010, 10:33 AM
d rose's guarantee may come true now

Bob_at_york
04-07-2010, 10:39 AM
i wonder if that was his last game for the raps

Definitely possible because he may be scared to go back out on the court and injure his face even worse. Course if the doctors clear him to play and he doesn't return, then people might consider him chicken****

MaHaRaJaH
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rp5sdvyki&feature=related

:eyebrow:

lolololol!!!

MaHaRaJaH
04-07-2010, 10:42 AM

He looks more like a Man Raptor

BOSTON617
04-07-2010, 10:44 AM
damn boshhh toro is screwed lol

thescore53
04-07-2010, 11:12 AM
wow of all the peoplw to get injured it had to be bosh wtf, why couldnt it be jose or something

Bob_at_york
04-07-2010, 11:14 AM
wow of all the peoplw to get injured it had to be bosh wtf, why couldnt it be jose or something

you did not just wish injury on another player did you? Have some sense.

Gibby23
04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Now someone is going to start a thread where they think Bosh is leaving this summer because of this.

thescore53
04-07-2010, 11:44 AM
if bosh returns on sunday i guarantee you someone on the bulls will purposefully hit him in the face

thescore53
04-07-2010, 11:48 AM
you did not just wish injury on another player did you? Have some sense.

i didnt wish an injury on him, i just said if someone was gonna get injured want it to be jose, instead of bosh, :facepalm::facepalm:

Bob_at_york
04-07-2010, 11:53 AM
if bosh returns on sunday i guarantee you someone on the bulls will purposefully hit him in the face

I hope not. If that happens than they could ruin Bosh's career and hurt Rose in the process (Reggie would have to come into the game for Bosh and well... I don't see him taking an intent to injure lightly).

Eagles4Lyfe
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I love to watch basketball, whether it be Duke vs Butler or Orlando vs Cleveland, good basketball is good basketball.

I watch a lot of teams play, in fact I watched TO play Cleveland today and do you know what I saw? I saw what I've been seeing all year long; buckets, buckets and more buckets for the opposing team. Bosh is a beast on offense, but the team as a whole on defense are just annoying to watch.

I watch the top teams because they play good basketball, if the Magic, Lakers, Cavs, Jazz, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Hawks, Thunder or Celts are playing, I'll probably do what I can to catch the game. I'd also watch if the Cats, Bucks (with Bogut), Heat, Blazers, Rocket, Grizz, Bulls (healthy) or Hornets (with CP3) if I have nothing to do... Other than that, I don't bother watching two bad teams play one another.

My fav player in the league is Dwight Howard, most people on PSD think I'm somewhat of a Dwight-homer, and maybe I am. The Magic is the team I want to win the title, but if they lose, I won't stop watching and cheering, I just continue to go through the list of my fav players/teams. I don't lose any sleep when my team loses a game or w/e and if that makes me a bandwagonner, then I'll gladly accept that label.

thats the next thing i was going to say because i knew your comeback would be your a fan of the game, well this is the nba theres always good basketball going on anything exiting happens on any given night..If your a true nba fan you would appreciate all the players and all the teams not just the top teams because every team plays a special way..Two bad teams playing isnt necessarily a bad thing they usually have a nice back and forth duel so its exiting to watch especially if your a true legit fan..
But anyways i live and die by one team its your choice to cheer for 10 teams if you want but one day raptors are going to be on top and your going to be having a bosh in your sig lmao

papoose123
04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: facepalms for everyone! :p

bodupp311
04-07-2010, 12:44 PM

I wouldn't worry about that, the way we're shooting we'd miss

ATX
04-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Very disappointing about Bosh. My money is still on them getting that last playoff spot. Hopefully the devout Raptors fans can see him one last time in a playoff series. Hope he get's better soon. That would suck if that was his last game as a Raptor.

ATX
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
:laugh2:

miller74
04-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Well Bosh its been real and its been fun, but it hasnt been real fun

Sadds The Gr8
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM
thats the next thing i was going to say because i knew your comeback would be your a fan of the game, well this is the nba theres always good basketball going on anything exiting happens on any given night..If your a true nba fan you would appreciate all the players and all the teams not just the top teams because every team plays a special way..Two bad teams playing isnt necessarily a bad thing they usually have a nice back and forth duel so its exiting to watch especially if your a true legit fan..
But anyways i live and die by one team its your choice to cheer for 10 teams if you want but one day raptors are going to be on top and your going to be having a bosh in your sig lmao

agree with that part but the Bosh section. He'll be LONGGGG GONE before we're contenders lol.

Raph12
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
you racist bastard

Right... :eyebrow:

He looks more like a Man Raptor

Yeah I heard something about that, he's the only raptor who actually looks like one lol.

faridk89
04-07-2010, 01:24 PM

i rather get laid regardless and not really care how i got them....

Raph12
04-07-2010, 01:30 PM

If Bosh cracks the Top 5 players list, then yes I will, but he isn't on my Top 10 yet.

Btw I don't watch the games because I want to get excited, I watch them to watch good basketball being played. Watching two teams that play no defense or run no plays etc, doesn't sound like entertainment to me. I also watch games to increase my own basketball IQ, you don't know how much you can pick up on just by watching great teams play, positioning, footwork, certain plays, etc...

Ethix11
04-07-2010, 01:41 PM
no!

Mavrix
04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
i rather get laid regardless and not really care how i got them....

So you'd rather get laid by 100 prostitutes? :facepalm:

CB4AB7VC15
04-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Bosh will be back for game 3 in Toronto to drop 30 and 15 on the Cavs.........Bulls can't even beat the Bucks at home without Bogut........

aman_13
04-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Bosh will be back for game 3 in Toronto to drop 30 and 15 on the Cavs.........Bulls can't even beat the Bucks at home without Bogut........

Well the Raptors couldn't beat the Celtics wothout KG, Allen, and Pierce. I don't even think Rondo played that game, but i'm probably wrong.

thescore53
04-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't worry about that, the way we're shooting we'd miss

:laugh2: they way were defending bosh career might be over on sunday:(

aman_13
04-07-2010, 02:26 PM
If Bosh cracks the Top 5 players list, then yes I will, but he isn't on my Top 10 yet.

Btw I don't watch the games because I want to get excited, I watch them to watch good basketball being played. Watching two teams that play no defense or run no plays etc, doesn't sound like entertainment to me. I also watch games to increase my own basketball IQ, you don't know how much you can pick up on just by watching great teams play, positioning, footwork, certain plays, etc...

Raph it is ok, you don't have to pay taxes in Canada anymore, you can stop hating Tdot.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Could you say last game as a raptor?

thescore53
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
5 seed before the allstar break, possibly 9th when its all said and done, wow

Ragun
04-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Well the Raptors couldn't beat the Celtics wothout KG, Allen, and Pierce. I don't even think Rondo played that game, but i'm probably wrong.

allen played, rondo didnt.

that game was a sad sad sad game.

Bob_at_york
04-07-2010, 03:41 PM
5 seed before the allstar break, possibly 9th when its all said and done, wow

why you saying "wow", is it really that surprising with Bosh's health problems since then and with our schedule getting tougher?

thescore53
04-07-2010, 03:46 PM
^^^ excuse excuses

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey is it just me or is thread making disabled right now?

thescore53
04-07-2010, 05:01 PM
bosh might have a broken face but now i have a broken heart

GSW Hoops
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Unless Bosh puts on a deep sea diving helmet and can still put up 20 and 10, they're done. Even if they do make the playoffs they'll get swept without him.

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Dude... something is wrong with PSD.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM
If we make the playoffs, I will laugh.

And that would probably be enough time for Bosh to come back when the first round starts.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
We also have Hedo to carry us.

randomness
04-07-2010, 06:06 PM
:puke:Hedo

SirCalvin81
04-07-2010, 06:42 PM
ouch man that really hurts the raptors chances

BALLER R
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
wow im just realizing something what if our last memory of bosh as a raptors was that game winner layup against gsw that he missed

fairandbalanced
04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Bosh to miss the rest of regular season according to Toronto announcers

Ragun
04-07-2010, 08:14 PM
hedo turkoglu got has a nasal contusion. he got headbutted in the face by tony allen

SA5195
04-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Hedo's injured too.

Who's next? We're so ****ing cursed man lol

thescore53
04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
i feel sorry for jack he may not be in the playoffs ever lol

Raps18-19 Champ
04-07-2010, 09:54 PM
We still making it.

Don't worry.

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey Raptors fans, you seriously think you guys are cursed... turn around and look at the Warriors' roster this year and last year's

thescore53
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
what are you talking about for a team full of dleaguers and injured players you guys are doing pretty well

asandhu23
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
We had actual nba players...

prash
04-07-2010, 10:56 PM
When did they say he would be reevaluated?? Soon??

pebloemer
04-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Hey Raptors fans, you seriously think you guys are cursed... turn around and look at the Warriors' roster this year and last year's

Only one franchise can claim to be cursed. Lets not take away the honour that clearly belongs to the Clippers. No need to overuse the term. Injury riddled seasons happen far too frequently to label them as "cursed" seasons.

thescore53
04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh bosh