PDA

View Full Version : Marbury to Spain?

Hellcrooner
04-06-2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.marca.com/2010/04/06/baloncesto/acb/1270588811.html

Ill translate the key things:

The team Based in small city Santiago de Compostela ( 80 miles away from wher i was born and rival of my city team) is in turmoil and its near to ralegation from top flight acb league ( In europe teams can go down and up in different levels of leagues is like if the last two teams in nba played nbdl next season and the top 2 of nbdl entered the nba).

They need an inside threat and an outside threat.

Theyve thought on Marbury.

The president of operations of the Club says there is nothing definitive since the conversations with his Agent are being difficult since there are hughe differences bout the Money.

They are also having on account Marburys past behaviour.

I think its a good idea for him to try this.
I mean CHina league is a joke he dominated easily tehre so that was no proof that he could go back to Nba.

On the other side Acb is recognised as the second best National league after Nba ( euroleague just reunites the best teams from differnt countries)
so if he could come here mesh well iwht teamates and show he can behave and he also dominates the league and helps the team to avoid relegation that could earn him a contract back in Nba for next year.

I have my doubts tough that he woudl addapt to the concepts of team play, team first 15 ppg is a vry good averae for a star and worse adapt to a smalll 90000 inhabitants vry quiet city when he was living in NY.

td0tsfinest
04-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm surprised he didn't go to Europe before China. Not only is it a more competitive league but he'll get better pay.

also, this made me laugh. It's a comment on the article

This photo is not Marbury! Krillin is orange and everything! And behind is Son Goku, his hair recortao confused pa!

http://estaticos03.marca.com/imagenes/2010/04/06/baloncesto/acb/1270588811_0.jpg

Giaps
04-07-2010, 02:07 AM
I hope all Marbury threads cease to exist.

jackdawson
04-07-2010, 02:11 AM
who cares what he does anyway?

Raph12
04-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Yeah I heard about this somewhere, apparently he went to China first because the vaseline is cheaper there. ;)

JasonJohnHorn
04-07-2010, 09:05 AM
If Marbury wanted to be in the NBA, he would be. Boston was happy with his performance off the bench last year and though he could develop better, but didnt have a boat load of money to spend on him so they offered him a vet minimum contract and he turned it down hoping to get a better offer.

Its not that he's not good enough to play in the NBA, or that he has something to prove, its that he's got the Sprewell thing going on where he thinks he is worth more than what teams are willing to pay, so he goes where the money is.

GSW Hoops
04-07-2010, 09:40 AM
If Marbury wanted to be in the NBA, he would be. Boston was happy with his performance off the bench last year and though he could develop better, but didnt have a boat load of money to spend on him so they offered him a vet minimum contract and he turned it down hoping to get a better offer.

Its not that he's not good enough to play in the NBA, or that he has something to prove, its that he's got the Sprewell thing going on where he thinks he is worth more than what teams are willing to pay, so he goes where the money is.

Can't say I blame him. If a Spanish or Chinese company offered to double my salary for doing the same work, I'd be there in a second. Getting paid to live in Spain for a year is like an extended vacation :)

mikantsass
04-07-2010, 10:05 AM
He'll be the best player in Spain

LeBroom
04-07-2010, 10:20 AM
^
Rubio?

Kakaroach
04-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Much better competition in Spain so I bet he's still trying to impress an NBA team for next season.

GSW Hoops
04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
He'd probably get killed by the players in Spain unless he brought his 'A' game.