PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Could Replace Bower With Avery Johnson

phlp_bj
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM
If the Shinn family sells its majority share of the Hornets, Peter Vecsey of the New York Post writes that Avery Johnson would be the first choice to succeed Jeff Bower.

The Shinn family is reportedly getting closer to selling the franchise and sources indicate the team's preference for Johnson.

Bower is currently acting as the coach and general manager of New Orleans.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/say_it_ain_joe_dpra8ENexmF1OS4SNa0beM/1#ixzz0kJfWI3wU

saintdrew
04-08-2010, 08:10 PM
That would be a sensational move by the Hornets...I really hope we do this.

JDizzle
04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
we will be a top 5 team no doubt with avery running the show

Chapin78
04-14-2010, 10:03 PM
As soon as we got rid of Scott I wanted Avery Johnson. I hope we get him he is proven as a coach. He could help CP and Collisons game as he is a proven PG as well.

I'm pretty sure Del Negro is out as the Bulls coach and they have a pretty good young PG that could use a good coach like Avery. So the Bulls may be the biggest competition to land Johnson as the coach.

spacemandave
04-15-2010, 12:44 PM
ya avery would be good, i still like jeff van gundy better but, either would be great

ballpd05
04-15-2010, 12:54 PM
ya avery would be good, i still like jeff van gundy better but, either would be great

They say Jeff is too conservative on offense, every time he gets fired it seems its because one of his star players feels like his offensive philosophy is holding them back.

JVG and Charles Barkley are by far the best NBA personalities... followed distantly by Mark Jackson's "momma there got that man"

Vinny642
04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
good news