PDA

View Full Version : Which Series more fun to watch? Cavs vs Bulls or Cavs vs Raps?

Stunner
04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Cavs vs Bulls

or

Cavs vs Raptors

Fan Made Cavs vs Bulls Promo! Even though we arent in the playoffs yet its a cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBf6ufW1SCs

Raph12
04-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Cavs vs Raps, that way you could see Lebron drop 35-10-10 on TO.

BOSTON617
04-06-2010, 02:15 PM
bosh vs lebron :)

DLeeicious
04-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not biased at all in voting for the Bulls.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah the Bulls vs Cavs has so much history Brad vs Shaq , Noah vs Lebron, Rose looking to prove he is one of the best. These two teams jus dont like each other. A good rival game is jus what u need in the playoffs and to add Lebron trying to go big in MJ's House.

TheKing23
04-06-2010, 02:21 PM
It doesn't matter... Both series will be sweeps in favor of the Cavs, with LeBron dropping in the region of 35/8/8.

Lord Leoshes
04-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I'll choose TOR for personal reasons.

mikantsass
04-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah the Bulls vs Cavs has so much history Brad vs Shaq , Noah vs Lebron, Rose looking to prove he is one of the best. These two teams jus dont like each other. A good rival game is jus what u need in the playoffs and to add Lebron trying to go big in MJ's House.

HHHHHHHahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! not even close. The bulls would get whacked in 4

JordansBulls
04-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Bulls vs Cavs.

first off it is how our history began. Beating them in 1988 and then 1989 on the shot. Beating them in 1992 in the ECF, then in 1993 with the Jordan stopper on the team and in 1994 with the injuries.

I'm sure Cleveland would like some payback.

Right now we have the Lebron stopper in Deng though.

clutchski
04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Bulls vs Cavs.

first off it is how our history began. Beating them in 1988 and then 1989 on the shot. Beating them in 1992 in the ECF, then in 1993 with the Jordan stopper on the team and in 1994 with the injuries.

Although I agree with you, the last thing many average fans would consider is the Bulls history against the Cavs dating back to 1988. Though, even as a Raptor fan I think a Bulls/Cavs matchup would be more exciting to watch haha.

JnasD
04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I think if the Bulls can continue staying healthy than i think a Bulls vs Cavs playoff series would be much better and fun to watch.

alencp3
04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Bulls vs Cavs.

I still see Bron putting 34/8/8 on him with 50%

The_905
04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Raps actually have really good match ups offensively against the Cavs. It would come down to Toronto playing defence which is obviously why their in 8th.

Bargnani> Hickson/Shaq
CB4> Jamison
Turkoglu< LBJ
Derozan/Weems> Parker
Calderon< Williams

If we can contain LBJ somewhat then this could be an entertaining series.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
I still see Bron putting 34/8/8 on him with 50%

Actually Deng is one of the few people in the league who can even try to contain Lebron and Lebron has even said he gives him trouble. Lebron will get his but he will have to work real hard for it.

Swashcuff
04-06-2010, 02:36 PM
To me this is super tough but i'd rather see the Bulls. Huge fan of Bosh but not the rest of the raps. The bulls have the kind of roster that can really be a thorn in the side of a team such as the Cavs.

Ruggy
04-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Bulls vs Cavs.

I think that may be going a little far..

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 02:39 PM
It's a sweep either way so it doesn't even matter...I'll just be a homer and pick my Raps.

abe_froman
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
gotta go bulls for series,raps lack od d would help in lebron stat padding(which some might like/want)

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Cavs vs Raps, that way you could see Lebron drop 35-10-10 on TO.

he wouldn't even need to drop 35. he'll prolly average 28-12-12

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM

That's so much history? lol:eyebrow:

That Brad and Shaq thing is long gone...and the Noah and Lebron wasn't even that big of a deal...that's like saying Danny Granger and Chris Bosh have beef...

only thing I can agree with is the Rose thing. But these 2 teams aren't rivals AT ALL

Jonathan2323
04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Raptors V. Cavs.

Bosh V. Lebron

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Bulls vs Cavs.

:laugh2::facepalm:

jackdawson
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Bulls vs Cavs.

:drunk::drunk::down::down:

Chi City23
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Cavs vs Bulls. But I hope Raps get the 7th seed. lol

Ragun
04-06-2010, 02:56 PM
bulls would get smacked by the cavs. especially if they are not healthy. how would that be fun to watch?

actually it would be fun seeing the bulls get smacked left right and center by the cavs.

cavs vs raptors season series has been good this year. lebron has been torching up the raps which bosh and bargs have been torching up the cavs frontcourt.

Ragun
04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Raps actually have really good match ups offensively against the Cavs. It would come down to Toronto playing defence which is obviously why their in 8th.

Bargnani> Hickson/Shaq
CB4> Jamison
Turkoglu< LBJ
Derozan/Weems> Parker
Calderon< Williams

i agree. perimeter defense will be very important in this series for the raps because mo would light us up.

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 03:04 PM

Bargnani> Hickson/Shaq
CB4> Jamison
Turkoglu< LBJ
Derozan/Weems> Parker
Calderon< Williams

too bad the chances of that are 0%

JordansBulls
04-06-2010, 03:05 PM
:drunk::drunk::down::down:

Deng held Lebron to 8-28 shooting last season. And this year after Lebron scored 20 in the 1st, Lebron only scored 5 the rest of the way and Deng shut him down on the last play. Which is how we beat the Cavs in Cleveland earlier in the year.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-06-2010, 03:08 PM
B's

LRizzle
04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
First of all, there's no such thing as a LeBron, or Wade, or Kobe stopper. Maybe they'll have a bad/average game in the series, but you can't contain any of those players on a consistent basis, it's impossible. You can however set up a defensive scheme and shift help and stop them consistently, but then you open the door for them to pour on assists, etc. You get the idea.

Second of all, the only way the Bulls get that 8th seed, they'll have to beat TOR on the 11th, win their two easiest game remaining against the nets and bucks, and pull out a victory between CLE, BOS, and CHA. The only way they manage to do that, is if they're healthy. And a healthy Bulls team is better than the Raptors who went 11-32 against teams over .500 this season.

ecorrea
04-06-2010, 03:12 PM
haters out there calling sweeps. toronto fans cmon, give your team some credit, at least give yourself 1 W in the series. and apparently no one watched bulls celts series last year. bulls were given no chance there and made it a very entertaining series. kg was out but so was deng. i think a healthy bulls team pushes this to at least 6.

KnicksorBust
04-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I'd be much more likely to watch Cavs vs. Bulls. I actually think the Bulls could steal a game or two as well. Raps have good individual pieces I just don't see them fitting together well as a team.

pebloemer
04-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Meh, you don't get to see many 140-120 games in the playoffs ;).

ATX
04-06-2010, 03:26 PM
I'd rather see a Raps/Cavs matchup simply because I think the Raps stand a better chance of winning a game. I would like to see how high Bosh can elevate his game in a playoff series.

alencp3
04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Actually Deng is one of the few people in the league who can even try to contain Lebron and Lebron has even said he gives him trouble. Lebron will get his but he will have to work real hard for it.

Lebron always works hard! He cares too much for his stats!:cool:

CAVS21
04-06-2010, 04:23 PM

Bargnani> Hickson/Shaq
CB4> Jamison
Turkoglu< LBJ
Derozan/Weems> Parker
Calderon< Williams

would 5 games max be entertaining?

oh yea btw: Cleveland's bench>>>>>>>>>>>>Toronto's bench

J_M_B
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
It really doesn't matter..

MagicDojo
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM
It really doesn't matter..

Agreed, its gonna be Cavs Magic anyway in the ECF.

ldc62
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Bulls vs Cavs.

What lebron stopper? He still averages like 25 a game in blowouts vs Bulls...

ldc62
04-06-2010, 04:31 PM

Toronto's bench avg 31.9
Cavs bench avg 29.5

akagiredsuns
04-06-2010, 04:43 PM
It doesn't matter... Both series will be sweeps in favor of the Cavs, with LeBron dropping in the region of 35/8/8.

And here come the homers to invade this thread to talk nonsense. The Bulls could at least hang with the Cavs and give them match-up problems. Just like Boston had an easy time last year sweeping the Bulls. :rolleyes: LOL That's why they play the game. Biased comments = :facepalm:

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
What lebron stopper? He still averages like 25 a game in blowouts vs Bulls...

There is no Lebron stopper but Deng being one of the best defenders at the SF position does a good job to slow James down.

Toronto's bench avg 31.9
Cavs bench avg 29.5

Varejao would be the second best player on the Raptors.

king4day
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Bulls/Cavs are rivals?
I didn't know they had any history at all.
It would be a lot more fun than the Raps though.

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Bulls/Cavs are rivals?

They've been in the same division since 1980 and have had countless playoff battles.

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Bulls vs Cavs.

a good point my friend..... i think deng plays lebron better then anyone in the NBA plays him. then the cavs still gotta find a way to stop rose. i think the noah vs lebron factor would be exciting. bosh...... well he can play against the cavs next year when he's a member of the bulls :)

Stunner
04-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Bulls/Cavs are rivals?

They are Divison rivals and this goes all the way back to Jordan crushing the Cavs dreams in the playoffs. And now with Lebron dancing in the blowout and Noah standing up to Lebron makes it better. We will see on thursday night. And no the Raps wont be more fun to watch every game will a triple double for Lebron its jus the Raps arent tough enough to face the Cavs and play no D all they want to do is shoot.

The_905
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
would 5 games max be entertaining?

First of all, an entertaining series could even be a sweep as long as the games are tight and both teams really go at it, so what's your point?

And secondly, I completely disagree with your severely exaggerated claim that the Cavs bench is that much better then the Raps. It's actually the complete opposite.

Evans/ Nesterovic < Verejao
Amir>Powe
Wright>Moon
Weems>Delonte
Calderon> Gibson

Raps have a better chance against the Cavs then any other of the big 4.

All that matters in the post season is match ups and the raps have a favorable match up against the Cavs. Doesn't mean they are going to win the series but it will be a lot closer then people lead on.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 04:54 PM
You guys can vote Bulls all you want but the Raps are making the playoffs.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 04:55 PM
[/B]
First of all, an entertaining series could even be a sweep as long as the games are tight and both teams really go at it, so what's your point?

And secondly, I completely disagree with your severely exaggerated claim that the Cavs bench is that much better then the Raps. It's actually the complete opposite.

Amir>Powe
Wright>Moon
Weems>Delonte
Calderon> Gibson

All that matters in the post season is match ups and the raps have a favorable match up against the Cavs. Doesn't mean they are going to win the series but it will be a lot closer then people lead on.

For the Cavs u are missing Big Z and Hickson who also come off the bench. and Delonte is better the Weems all weems can do is dunk. and Wright and Moon a toss up or more like even. so yes the Cavs Bench is deeper and more productive than the Raps even though the Raps bench scores more the Cavs Bench scores and plays D .

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 04:57 PM
You guys can vote Bulls all you want but the Raps are making the playoffs.

:laugh:

good one man.....

The_905
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
For the Cavs u are missing Big Z and Hickson who also come off the bench. and Delonte is better the Weems all weems can do is dunk. and Wright and Moon a toss up or more like even. so yes the Cavs Bench is deeper and more productive than the Raps even though the Raps bench scores more the Cavs Bench scores and plays D .

They both play the 5 which is already a position of strength for the cavs so it doesn't really matter..

Raps18-19 Champ

good one man.....

Wanna make this a sig bet?

Stunner
^ They both play the 5 which is already a position of strength for the cavs so it doesn't really matter..

go read the rest and Powe, Hickson are better than Amir. They only beat them at the PG spot.

The_905
04-06-2010, 05:00 PM

good one man.....

good one man.....

:shush:

You lose tonight against the Bucks and you can wish the playoffs good bye..

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Wanna make this a sig bet?

man ive got like 5 sig bets going, lol...... i dont know how many more i can do, but lets think of something else..... except betting on sigs

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
good one man.....

:shush:

You lose tonight against the Bucks and you can wish the playoffs good bye..

no bogut...... i dont think we will lose and the bulls still have to play the raptors and the raps play cleveland tonight. so after tonight, the bulls and raps should be tied for the 8th spot

The_905
04-06-2010, 05:04 PM
go read the rest and Powe, Hickson are better than Amir. They only beat them at the PG spot.

Powe is not better then Amir. Hickson and Amir I guess could be a wash though. That leaves the Raps advantageous at the 1 with Calderon, the 2 with Weems/ Derozan and the 3 with Wright.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:05 PM
man ive got like 5 sig bets going, lol...... i dont know how many more i can do, but lets think of something else..... except betting on sigs

What about you gotta be on any Raps fans nuts(not literal) for the rest of your PSD life.

I'll be on any Bulls nuts for the rest of my PSD life.

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
First of all, there's no such thing as a LeBron, or Wade, or Kobe stopper. Maybe they'll have a bad/average game in the series, but you can't contain any of those players on a consistent basis, it's impossible. You can however set up a defensive scheme and shift help and stop them consistently, but then you open the door for them to pour on assists, etc. You get the idea.

Second of all, the only way the Bulls get that 8th seed, they'll have to beat TOR on the 11th, win their two easiest game remaining against the nets and bucks, and pull out a victory between CLE, BOS, and CHA. The only way they manage to do that, is if they're healthy. And a healthy Bulls team is better than the Raptors who went 11-32 against teams over .500 this season.

really? I swear we smoked the Bulls twice this season:confused:

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
no bogut...... i dont think we will lose and the bulls still have to play the raptors and the raps play cleveland tonight. so after tonight, the bulls and raps should be tied for the 8th spot

The Chosen One might not play a lot or at all.

So the Raps get a break.

And all we have to do is tie with you. We got the tie breaker.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
really? I swear we smoked the Bulls twice this season:confused:

They're not a .500 team.

dtmagnet
04-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I couldn't care less which is more fun to watch, I'm a Raptors fan so I clearly would rather have them in.

Stunner
Powe is not better then Amir. Hickson and Amir I guess could be a wash though. That leaves the Raps advantageous at the 1 with Calderon, the 2 with Weems/ Derozan and the 3 with Wright.

No it doesnt Wright and Moon is even and Weems is jus a dunker and cant shoot. Everybody would take West over Weems u only win at PG of the bench.

ChiSox219
[/B]

Amir>Powe
Wright>Moon
Weems>Delonte
Calderon> Gibson

Shaq and Varejao are two of the best defenders in the league, Bosh will have to work awfully hard to match his regular season production especially because he doesn't have a bona fide #2 to help out. If those two get into foul trouble, Z and Hickson aren't to shabby themselves. More likely, it will be Bosh in foul trouble trying to stop all the drives to the lane because we all know the Raptors perimeter defense is the worst this league has seen in a long time. If that doesn't happen, he'll still have to deal with Jamison and doubling Shaq who will just plow through Bargnani.

The Raptors don't have a Luol Deng to slow Lebron so he'll just go off and sit out the fourth quarter and still have a 25-10-10 line.

If I'm the Cavs, I lose intentionally tonight.

Raps18-19 Champ
Varejao would be the second best player on the Raptors.

They got some good weed in Chicago?

I gotta go down there.

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
What about you gotta be on any Raps fans nuts(not literal) for the rest of your PSD life.

I'll be on any Bulls nuts for the rest of my PSD life.

alright alright....... if the bulls dont make it, you cant talk bad about the bulls for the entire 2010-2011 season and praise derrick rose and if the raptors win and make the playoffs, ill do the same with the raptors. DEAL

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Shaq and Varejao are two of the best defenders in the league, Bosh will have to work awfully hard to match his regular season production especially because he doesn't have a bona fide #2 to help out. If those two get into foul trouble, Z and Hickson aren't to shabby themselves. More likely, it will be Bosh in foul trouble trying to stop all the drives to the lane because we all know the Raptors perimeter defense is the worst this league has seen in a long time. If that doesn't happen, he'll still have to deal with Jamison and doubling Shaq who will just plow through Bargnani.

The Raptors don't have a Luol Deng to slow Lebron so he'll just go off and sit out the fourth quarter and still have a 25-10-10 line.

If I'm the Cavs, I lose intentionally tonight.

You really think Lebron is scared of Deng?

Lebron would **** on the best defenders in the league.

The_905
04-06-2010, 05:12 PM

I have nothing against your squad man, you simply just have a tougher schedule then us. We have to play you guys at home where we are 24-14 and you guys are 15-23 on the road, and we have other games against the Pistons on the road and the Knicks at home. We go 3-3 down the stretch and finish 41-41. On your end you guys have a good Bucks team tonight even with Bogut out, the Cavs the following game, and two more tough games against Boston and Charlotte. You guys would need to go 4-2 in your final 6 to just be on the same record as us and we then have to tie break to get the 8th seed.

Main point, you guys have a much more difficult road then us. Will be fun to watch.

Raps18-19 Champ
alright alright....... if the bulls dont make it, you cant talk bad about the bulls for the entire 2010-2011 season and praise derrick rose and if the raptors win and make the playoffs, ill do the same with the raptors. DEAL

You do realize that what you said was a lose-lose situation for you.

D Roses Bulls
The Chosen One might not play a lot or at all.

So the Raps get a break.

And all we have to do is tie with you. We got the tie breaker.

we'll see about that....... and this will be the only time ever i will root for lebroom james

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 05:13 PM
They got some good weed in Chicago?

I gotta go down there.

Which Raptor(s) do you think is better?

Stunner
You really think Lebron is scared of Deng?

Lebron would **** on the best defenders in the league.

Lebron isnt scared of anyone but when one of the best players say u are one of the best defenders he faced u give that guy some credit. But Lebron will get 20+ but it will be a hard earned 20+.

D Roses Bulls
You do realize that what you said was a lose-lose situation for you.

no, its not a lose-lose situation cause the bulls will make the playoffs. in derrick rose, we trust :)

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I have nothing against your squad man, you simply just have a tougher schedule then us. We have to play you guys at home where we are 24-14 and you guys are 15-23 on the road, and we have other games against the Pistons on the road and the Knicks at home. We go 3-3 down the stretch and finish 41-41. On your end you guys have a good Bucks team tonight even with Bogut out, the Cavs the following game, and two more tough games against Boston and Charlotte. You guys would need to go 4-2 in your final 6 to just be on the same record as us and we then have to tie break to get the 8th seed.

Main point, you guys have a much more difficult road then us. Will be fun to watch.

oh i know the bulls have a tougher schedule but the bulls finally seem healthy and i think derrick rose will drive this team for the rest of the season with noah and deng. i think we will be fine. gotta have faith in my team

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Raptors

Cavs L
Boston L
ATL L
Chicago L
Det W
NYK dnt knw bout this one trap game.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Which Raptor(s) do you think is better?

Talent wise. Bargnani for sure. And you can make a case for Turkoglu and both of our PG's.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:17 PM
no, its not a lose-lose situation cause the bulls will make the playoffs. in derrick rose, we trust :)

It's on my sig.

Bet's on.

BTW, Turk will carry us. :)

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Lebron isnt scared of anyone but when one of the best players say u are one of the best defenders he faced u give that guy some credit. But Lebron will get 20+ but it will be a hard earned 20+.

I give respect to Deng.

But Wright and Weems are solid defenders too.

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 05:19 PM
bosh better be ready for this cause its coming.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk6wZqYdr18

ink
04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Thread question should have been: which are you? A Bulls fan or a Raptors fan? Check one box.

Raps18-19 Champ
Raptors

Cavs L
Boston L
ATL L
Chicago L
Det W

You really think the Raps will lose to the Bulls?

We are at home and Bosh will beasts your big men.

And all we have to do is tie with you guys for the record and we make the playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
It's on my sig.

Bet's on.

bring it on..... :)

TURK????? hold on for a second....... :laugh: ok ok ok...... im calm now, had to gather myself :)

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Talent wise. Bargnani for sure. And you can make a case for Turkoglu and both of our PG's.

I'm not sure what you mean by "talent wise". Varejao's defense is better than Bargnani's offensive game. And I wouldn't call Varejao one of the worst offensive players in the league but I would rank Bargnani among the worst defenders.

Don't see any case for Turkoglu, even if we were were talking about Hedo from 08-09

PGs don't need to be addressed

ink
04-06-2010, 05:21 PM
It's on my sig.

Bet's on.

Judging by your username, your bets may not be the safest predictions around. :D

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
bring it on..... :)

TURK????? hold on for a second....... :laugh: ok ok ok...... im calm now, had to gather myself :)

Turk is the man. :)

He'll lead us over the Bulls.

Sadds The Gr8
They're not a .500 team.

I know that....the post that I quoted said the Bulls are better than the Raptors, and I responded by saying that we smoked them twice.

D Roses Bulls
Thread question should have been: which are you? A Bulls fan or a Raptors fan? Check one box.

i like this thread, its fun and there really isnt no bashing, its just friendly competitive talk.

Raps18-19 Champ
Judging by your username, your bets may not be the safest predictions around. :D

I know.

I wanted to petition to change my name to Raps09-10 Champs.

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
You really think the Raps will lose to the Bulls?

We are at home and Bosh will beasts your big men.

And all we have to do is tie with you guys for the record and we make the playoffs.

I do think the Raptors are a tough match up for the Bulls but Toronto just lost to Golden State at home so...

D Roses Bulls
Turk is the man. :)

He'll lead us over the Bulls.

well hopefully he isnt out partying all night again the night before

Stunner
I give respect to Deng.

But Wright and Weems are solid defenders too.

Yeah but its one thing they cant do is keep Lebron busy on Offense to try and tire him out like Deng can.

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I know that....the post that I quoted said the Bulls are better than the Raptors, and I responded by saying that we smoked them twice.

And the Warriors smoked the Mavs in the first round a couple years ago, but Dallas was the better team.

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Raptors

Cavs L
Boston L
ATL L
Chicago W
Det W

Fixed. And the ATL game is possible, since JJ is injured and might not play

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 05:25 PM
And the Warriors smoked the Mavs in the first round a couple years ago, but Dallas was the better team.

yea the Mavs had the record to indicate it....The Raps have not only the record right now, but the matchup too. we're 2-0 vs u guys this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
I'm not sure what you mean by "talent wise". Varejao's defense is better than Bargnani's offensive game. And I wouldn't call Varejao one of the worst offensive players in the league but I would rank Bargnani among the worst defenders.

Don't see any case for Turkoglu, even if we were were talking about Hedo from 08-09

PGs don't need to be addressed

Bargnani would rape Varejao more than Varejao would rape Bargnani.

Turk from 08-09 was for sure better than Varejao. You're just trying to downplay all Raps players.

What's next? Rose>Bosh?

heatking
LOL at bull fans trying to start threads just to try to keep pushing the bulls down our throats.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I do think the Raptors are a tough match up for the Bulls but Toronto just lost to Golden State at home so...

x2 and they have no real big man playing with all they're injuries. lol

Raps18-19 Champ
Fixed. And the ATL game is possible, since JJ is injured and might not play

We get raped by the Hawks every time.

And it's more of Josh Smith limiting Bosh than anything.

Raps18-19 Champ
Yeah but its one thing they cant do is keep Lebron busy on Offense to try and tire him out like Deng can.

Then we'll match him on offense if we can't stop him.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
LOL at bull fans trying to start threads just to try to keep pushing the bulls down our throats.

not really its a good question cuz i think The Bulls and Cavs will a very fun series in a mold of the Boston series and the Wizards series.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
well hopefully he isnt out partying all night again the night before

When he beats the Bulls, then we will let him party.

pacofunk64
I'm a Bulls fan & I say the Raptors. The Bulls are terrible to watch.

Stunner
Then we'll match him on offense if we can't stop him.

U have no choice u guys dont play any D. lol

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 05:29 PM
We get raped by the Hawks every time.

And it's more of Josh Smith limiting Bosh than anything.

yea I know but no JJ will obviously give us a much better chance

ChiSox219
Bargnani would rape Varejao more than Varejao would rape Bargnani.

Turk from 08-09 was for sure better than Varejao. You're just trying to downplay all Raps players.

What's next? Rose>Bosh?

Not at all, Varejao is underrated around the league and if you watch him and Bargnani enough, it's easy to see who is the better player at the moment.

kjoke
i say raps bosh lebron, might be a cool game to watch

Stunner

Datz nice

D Roses Bulls
not really its a good question cuz i think The Bulls and Cavs will a very fun series in a mold of the Boston series and the Wizards series.

dont worry.... heat fans have never liked the bulls ever since the bulls sweeped them in 2007 in the playoffs

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:30 PM

Teams have their bad days.

Stunner
yea I know but no JJ will obviously give us a much better chance

JJ is going to be back by then he is only missing 2 games.

Sadds The Gr8
Entertainment wise, obviously the Raps vs Cavs will be more exciting, because the games will be high scoring...the Bulls are boring to watch.

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 05:31 PM

thats nice

Raps18-19 Champ
Not at all, Varejao is underrated around the league and if you watch him and Bargnani enough, it's easy to see who is the better player at the moment.

Varejao just came off an injury that cost him 4 games.

And you're going to say that Barg is not better?

Sadds The Gr8
JJ is going to be back by then he is only missing 2 games.

you never know....he might come back earlier, or miss 2 more. They aren't fighting for much down the stretch anyways.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Would u rather see Lebron trying to break records and the House That MJ Built or Lebron vs Chris Bosh girlfriend?

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Would u rather see Lebron trying to break records and the House That MJ Built or Lebron vs Chris Bosh girlfriend?

because he has a better chance to do it against us.

Stunner

but Varejao isnt starting and going to play Barg, AJ is and is better than Barg.

Raps18-19 Champ
U have no choice u guys dont play any D. lol

Remember.

There are no D's in Toronto Raptors but there are a lot of O's.

Twins Fanatic
04-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Easy, the Bulls...after watching last years playoff series against the Celtics. The Raptors would get crushed by LBJ and the Cavs.

ChiSox219
Entertainment wise, obviously the Raps vs Cavs will be more exciting, because the games will be high scoring...the Bulls are boring to watch.

I don't think the series will be as high scoring as you anticipate. The Cavs play great defense and also play at a slow pace. In the playoffs defenses get tighter and pace even slower.

With Varejao/Hickson/Shaq working on Bosh, the Raptors going to need others to step up if they want to break 100.

Stunner
you never know....he might come back earlier, or miss 2 more. They aren't fighting for much down the stretch anyways.

yeah they are trying to stay in a good spot ahead of Boston.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:35 PM
but Varejao isnt starting and going to play Barg, AJ is and is better than Barg.

Shaq is going to be guarding Bargs if anything.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Remember.

There are no D's in Toronto Raptors but there are a lot of O's.

D wins u games and championships.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Shaq is going to be guarding Bargs if anything.

No or the will go

Mo-Jack

Parker-Derozan

Turk-AJ

Lebron-Barg

Bosh-Shaq

and they can put so many people in the lineup to stick Barg.

kjoke

so id be exited for a game where lebron plays in Chicago? id rather see a good game with a BETTER quality, higher pace, more exiting team in the raps

Raps18-19 Champ

As much as I love MJ.

That was 15 years ago.

And Bosh got a new GF.

I also want to be a witness.

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
yeah they are trying to stay in a good spot ahead of Boston.

key word in my post was MUCH. meaning that the spot isn't too important...I'm sure they'd rather JJ be healthy.

ChiSox219

No, Bargnani is not better. His defense is embarrassing to watch and his offensive game is below average inside the paint. He's a SF by style and strength playing Center based on team need and height.

kjoke

defense is rarely fun to watch

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:38 PM

Really?

The Suns won 60 games with their Offense.

And neither one of the Bulls or Raptors will even make it past the first round so I pick offense.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:38 PM
No

Lol.

Who's guarding Bosh and who's getting at Bargnani then?

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Lol.

Who's guarding Bosh and who's getting at Bargnani then?

With so man verstile Big man on there Roster im sure the can go AJ and AV in a lineup if they wanted to.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:41 PM
No, Bargnani is not better. His defense is embarrassing to watch and his offensive game is below average inside the paint. He's a SF by style and strength playing Center based on team need and height.

Just because his game does not fit the typical C, he can't be better.

I love Varejao. I drafted him to be my starting PF on my Re-Draft.

But Bargnani is better than Varejao.

And Bargnani probably has more of an inside game than Varejao.

Also, doesn't Bargnani's perimeter game give him an advantage over other C's.

You really think Shaq or Z are quick enough to stop Barg if he drives or qould dare go defend the 3 point line?

thescore53
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
we hear about rose all the time, its time for the world to see bosh

Stunner
Really?

The Suns won 60 games with their Offense.

And neither one of the Bulls or Raptors will even make it past the first round so I pick offense.

Yeah and wat they do in the playoffs. People fail to reliaze the the Playoffs is a different season and level u need defense this time of the year.

Raps18-19 Champ
With so man verstile Big man on there Roster im sure the can go AJ and AV in a lineup if they wanted to.

Varejao's a good defender. But Bosh is still going to get his 20.

As for Barg, AJ is 33 so he can use his legs to get past him.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
defense is rarely fun to watch

true but it helps u win games and play close games which can be fun to watch.

kjoke
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM

You really think Shaq or Z are quick enough to stop Barg if he drives or qould dare go defend the 3 point line?

+1, as a heat fan i hate bargs, but i have to admit that hes better than varejo, anyways althouhg i think the raps would lose, thed give a better chance to win rather than the bulls

Raps18-19 Champ
Yeah and wat they do in the playoffs. People fail to reliaze the the Playoffs is a different season and level u need defense this time of the year.

Suns got to WCF and by many, thought should have gone to the finals but the Amare suspension cost them.

thescore53
raps cause bulls arent 100 %,

Raps18-19 Champ
No or the will go

Mo-Jack

Parker-Derozan

Turk-AJ

Lebron-Barg

Bosh-Shaq

and they can put so many people in the lineup to stick Barg.

We wouldn't want Bosh passing Shaq every single possession.

Shaq is not quick enough to guard Bosh.

Stunner
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
raps cause bulls arent 100 %,

We are healthy now.

kjoke
04-06-2010, 05:46 PM
true but it helps u win games and play close games which can be fun to watch.

no even if the bulls played good offense the firepower on mismatches for the cavs would just blow them away, i horrible game to watch, good game is good offense and good defense not just good defense

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:46 PM
We are healthy now.

Just out of curiosity, if the Bulls don't make the playoffs, are you going to use that excuse that the Bulls were not healthy enough in time?

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM

Their games are very different and each has its advantages. When you factor in everything that you want from a PF or C, Varejao is the better player and it shows on tape and on paper.

Stunner
no even if the bulls played good offense the firepower on mismatches for the cavs would just blow them away, i horrible game to watch, good game is good offense and good defense not just good defense

yup yup yup yup :eyebrow:

The_905

Weird another guy who hasn't watched the Raps play more then 5 games..

There is nothing wrong with Bargnani's play in the paint, it's just that Bosh gets all the touches inside. Just because Bargs doesn't grab 9 boards doesn't mean he doesn't play decent d, he does average a block and a half game.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I think some people are stuck on the fact that the Bulls gave the Celtics a run last year.

You guys are missing 2 things though. Ben Gordon is gone who got a lot of points for the Bulls every game and that the anchor of the Celtics defense was gone last year.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Their games are very different and each has its advantages. When you factor in everything that you want from a PF or C, Varejao is the better player and it shows on tape and on paper.

So getting 6-7 rebounds a game is bad considering your team mate gets close to 12?

There is a difference between a typical C/PF and who is the better player.

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Just out of curiosity, if the Bulls don't make the playoffs, are you going to use that excuse that the Bulls were not healthy enough in time?

Did the 10 game losing streak while our top three players missed time not prove that?

Draco
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I think some people are stuck on the fact that the Bulls gave the Celtics a run last year.

You guys are missing 2 things though. Ben Gordon is gone who got a lot of points for the Bulls every game and that the anchor of the Celtics defense was gone last year.

Deng was gone last year and he lit up the Heat in 2007.. but what difference does any of that make. Last season the Raps were gone fishing.

Procision
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Bulls will be healthy by playoff time. Noah has his minutes increasing and is now at about 30 a game. Deng just came back to the starting lineup last game as well. Only player to miss the game last game was our backup sf.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Did the 10 game losing streak while our top three players missed time not prove that?

You can't use that as an excuse though. Sure it helped the other team that you didn't have your players.

Raptors didn't have Bosh when we went 2-8 and the Turk plan didn't exactly plan out.

Does that mean we should use that as an excuse if the Raptors miss the playoffs?

jackdawson
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Deng held Lebron to 8-28 shooting last season. And this year after Lebron scored 20 in the 1st, Lebron only scored 5 the rest of the way and Deng shut him down on the last play. Which is how we beat the Cavs in Cleveland earlier in the year.

So now this is enough to call deng a LEBRON STOPPER??? You have to be kidding me if you say that. Players like lebron, kobe, wade simply cannot be stopped without team/help defense. No single player can be leveled as one of their stopper.

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
So getting 6-7 rebounds a game is bad considering your team mate gets close to 12?

There is a difference between a typical C/PF and who is the better player.

Listen, I understand Bargnani is a different player than Varejao but that doesn't mean he's better.

Varejao grabs his boards despite Lebron, Shaq, Z, Hickson, and now Jamison. His rebound rate is far better, 16.1% to 10.5%

Varejao is awesome when it comes to 50-50s, his hustle and quickness creates several extra possessions for the Cavs every game.

Even when it comes to scoring efficiency, Varejao is better at .599 to .553

When we get to defense, I mean just watch how slow Bargs' feet are, it's quite shocking because he seems to be an athletic guy. His PNR defense is atrocious which hurts the Raptors because their perimeter guys can't stop anyone anyway.

So while Bargnani is a great three point threat and can score in more ways than Varejao, I'm taking Andy even if most of points come cleaning up garbage.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Deng was gone last year and he lit up the Heat in 2007.. but what difference does any of that make. Last season the Raps were gone fishing.

Heat and Celtic defense are 2 different things.

That's gonna be the Bulls this year. They gonna be fishing while we face the Cavs.

blah-blah
04-06-2010, 06:00 PM
raps vs cavs cuz i wana see lebron tear up raps soft defence

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
You can't use that as an excuse though. Sure it helped the other team that you didn't have your players.

Raptors didn't have Bosh when we went 2-8 and the Turk plan didn't exactly plan out.

Does that mean we should use that as an excuse if the Raptors miss the playoffs?

Derrick Rose played the first month+ hurt and had no explosion, Hinrich and Ty Thomas missed a bunch of time early, Taj has been playing with plantar fasciitis since pre-season...

Those are excuses that every team has to deal with, just like the Raptors.

How many teams, down the stretch, holding the 5 seed lose their top 3 players?

SchyGuy11
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
bulls will give them a tougher series

Jamiecballer
04-06-2010, 06:04 PM

not when he should be in the paint grabbing offensive rebounds.

you aren't going to win this argument dude. the only case you can make for Bargnani over Varejao is fantasy basketball.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Listen, I understand Bargnani is a different player than Varejao but that doesn't mean he's better.

Varejao grabs his boards despite Lebron, Shaq, Z, Hickson, and now Jamison. His rebound rate is far better, 16.1% to 10.5%

Varejao is awesome when it comes to 50-50s, his hustle and quickness creates several extra possessions for the Cavs every game.

Even when it comes to scoring efficiency, Varejao is better at .599 to .553

When we get to defense, I mean just watch how slow Bargs' feet are, it's quite shocking because he seems to be an athletic guy. His PNR defense is atrocious which hurts the Raptors because their perimeter guys can't stop anyone anyway.

So while Bargnani is a great three point threat and can score in more ways than Varejao, I'm taking Andy even if most of points come cleaning up garbage.

Varejao's main job is to defend and rebound. He's obviously going to get more as a faster time if he has to focus on only those2 things.

And who the hell actually guards Varejao on offense. When you got Lebron drawing all 5 players, it's gonna be easier making shots.

Scoring efficiencies and rebounding rates don't tell the whole story.

Varejao is not ask to score or does the defense pay as much attenction to him. Bargnani is the 2nd best offensive player on the team. He's going to draw some attention when he gets the ball.

td0tsfinest
04-06-2010, 06:05 PM

Raps have some history with the Cavs too.

- Bosh was drafted in the same year as LBJ and is often shadowed.

- Jamison was drafted by the Raps.

- AP and Moon both played for the raps last season

- Hedo was a big part of that Magic team that wooped the Cavs last year

- CB4 vs Shaq; the whole rupaul comment

- and let's not forget this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3riCj4U4mNo

So we got some history too, aie. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I think the raps could make it a better series with the cavs than the bulls. In all three games (With the exception of the first game, which we kicked ***.) we've played the cavs, they were close and went to the end (not to mention taking them to overtime without CB4 in one of those games).

jetsforever
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Raps. Homer but that team is fun to watch and I am not interested in watching the Bulls.

Bosh vs Lebron. Sexy battle

Draco
04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Heat and Celtic defense are 2 different things.

That's gonna be the Bulls this year. They gonna be fishing while we face the Cavs.

The point being that what happened last year doesn't help the Raps anymore than the Bulls.

Good luck in the playoffs but I honestly don't care who makes it. I'm predicting the Raptors.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
not when he should be in the paint grabbing offensive rebounds.

you aren't going to win this argument dude. the only case you can make for Bargnani over Varejao is fantasy basketball.

The fact that you think Varejao is better than Bargnani disappoints me.

I know that Bargnani hasn't panned out to be belonging of that 1st pick but he's for sure better than Varejao.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Derrick Rose played the first month+ hurt and had no explosion, Hinrich and Ty Thomas missed a bunch of time early, Taj has been playing with plantar fasciitis since pre-season...

Those are excuses that every team has to deal with, just like the Raptors.

How many teams, down the stretch, holding the 5 seed lose their top 3 players?

I was just saying that don't give me no excuses when Bulls fans are talking their hearts out to show that they will make it over the Raps for the 8th seed but give me an excuse if you guys don't make it.

MacFitz92
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Toronto would play Cleveland a lot better than Chicago.

Draco
04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Toronto would play Cleveland a lot better than Chicago.

Maybe buts o far they haven't been as good as the Bulls in the post season over the last 4 or 5 years.

Bearsfan54
04-06-2010, 06:17 PM
HHHHHHHahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! not even close. The bulls would get whacked in 4

That's what they all said last year haaaaaa look what happened

ChiSox219
04-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Varejao's main job is to defend and rebound. He's obviously going to get more as a faster time if he has to focus on only those2 things.

And who the hell actually guards Varejao on offense. When you got Lebron drawing all 5 players, it's gonna be easier making shots.

Scoring efficiencies and rebounding rates don't tell the whole story.

Varejao is not ask to score or does the defense pay as much attenction to him. Bargnani is the 2nd best offensive player on the team. He's going to draw some attention when he gets the ball.

I agree and I think I conceded that Bargnani is a better offensive player at least when it comes to scoring. However, there is more to basketball and Varejao does many things well that Bargnani doesn't.

While Varejao has Lebron, Bosh draws doubles and demands a lot of attention and Bargnani gets a lot of great looks out on the perimeter.

Being a Raptors fan, hopefully you've noticed the impact Amir Johnson has when he's in the game. While Amir can't quite contribute on offensive like Varejao does, they share a lot of similarities when it comes to defense, loose balls, and rebounding.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I agree and I think I conceded that Bargnani is a better offensive player at least when it comes to scoring. However, there is more to basketball and Varejao does many things well that Bargnani doesn't.

While Varejao has Lebron, Bosh draws doubles and demands a lot of attention and Bargnani gets a lot of great looks out on the perimeter.

Being a Raptors fan, hopefully you've noticed the impact Amir Johnson has when he's in the game. While Amir can't quite contribute on offensive like Varejao does, they share a lot of similarities when it comes to defense, loose balls, and rebounding.

I was just going to bring Amir up.

Amir does do a lot for the Raptors. Just like Varejao for the Cavs.

The difference between Amir/Varejao and Bargnani is that Amir/Varejao are specialist. They specialize in certain categories and limited elsewhere. But when Bargnani has to focus on his overall game, it will throw off some of his other part of his game. So Barg has to do a lot more and he can't do all of that. So some of his game will suffer and that just happens to be his rebounding. As for defense, Bargnani is still a liability on defense but he's improved. He's not gonna stop you but all we need is for him to contest. And he's starting to figure that out. He just needs to be consistent.

Miltown34
04-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Both will be one of the least interesting series these playoffs, but the Bulls if there healthy

ProdigyI
04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Whoever made that promo is the coolest poster around ;)

But the reason I say we have a better chance than the Raps is because we match up a lot better against the Cavs. Deng plays James well, and we also have a rookie James Johnson, who is similar built to James who can also play some D against him. (He is also a black belt ;) )

And in our 4 trips to the playoffs the last 5 years, each series has gone at least 6 games.

KG2TB
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Cavs vs. Lakers

DeyAce
04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Bulls have a better chance, hands down.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Bulls have a better chance, hands down.

keep dreaming just like keep dreaming about making the playoffs...The first page someguy said the cavs bulls has a big rivalry because of brad miller and shaq..I think people have forgetting last year when shaq called bosh rupaul theres revenge there, plus our bigs are more versatile and can actually take on there bigs..I know people think cavs are going to sweep but if it does turn out to be raps vs cavs im willing to bet anyone raps will win a game or 2, because i know theyll win the series

Draco
04-06-2010, 07:19 PM
keep dreaming just like keep dreaming about making the playoffs...The first page someguy said the cavs bulls has a big rivalry because of brad miller and shaq..I think people have forgetting last year when shaq called bosh rupaul theres revenge there, plus our bigs are more versatile and can actually take on there bigs..I know people think cavs are going to sweep but if it does turn out to be raps vs cavs im willing to bet anyone raps will win a game or 2, because i know theyll win the series

Who's limiting Shaq and Lebron in the paint?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Aw ****.

Bosh just got injured. Elbowed in the face.

Lots of blood. Possibly a broken nose or some missing teeth.

Ovratd1up
04-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Does anyone realize that Lebron can practically decide who he wants to face because he faces them both in the next two games and can decide how much he wants to rest in each.

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Aw ****.

Bosh just got injured. Elbowed in the face.

Lots of blood. Possibly a broken nose or some missing teeth.

(popping the champagne) no im kidding, i dont wanna win like that.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Well Bosh is injured right now.

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
$shitt....Bosh is injured....congrats Bulls fans.

:facepalm::(

Draco
04-06-2010, 09:22 PM

Hope it's nothing serious.. I don't want my summer to be ruined. :p

ProdigyI
04-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Our team monster "Trodgor" will break the rest of the bones in his face when we face them

CAVS21
04-07-2010, 02:07 AM
[/B]

Amir>Powe
Wright>Moon
Weems>Delonte
Calderon> Gibson

You're kidding right? They have a better chance than Orlando? or Atlanta???:facepalm:

Bulls_fan90
04-07-2010, 02:20 AM

Vinny will find a way to **** it up. Like we did tonight. I still see the raps making it over us.

D Roses Bulls
04-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Vinny will find a way to **** it up. Like we did tonight. I still see the raps making it over us.

do ya still feel that way?

still1ballin
04-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Doesn't really matter, both will be swept.