PDA

View Full Version : Why the Knicks????...

Chill_Will_24
04-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Ok, i know this stuff is getting old but why does ESPN sell the Lebron to the Knicks so hard? Let me first say the i personally want Lebron to stay in CLE. Its good for the sport. The homegrown kid brings his state a title... but anyway lets think hypothetically. Lets say Lebron decided to leave. Why the Knicks???... Im sick of hearing about MSG. Been there dozens of times. Its overrated. Their players suck. They try to sell Gallo so hard but hes not good. He only shows flashes of brilliance sometimes. The Bulls have more talent in Rose and Noah than they have in their whole roster. And what about the Nets? Devin Harris who has proven what he can do when Carter was there; i can only imagine him next to Lebron. Then they have an all star caliber Center in Lopez. The Bulls and Nets are both IMO far more likely to land Lebron than any other team. I would even go as far as to say that the Nets are a lock to get him. A top four pick that could get them Wall. An all balls billionaire owner, a big name coach probably coming in, a move to Brooklyn, and share the same market as the Knicks. Anyway if Lebron goes ANYWHERE at all, where do you see him next year? and why dont you hear ESPN talking Nets or Bulls more often when assessing Lebrons future?

Red222
04-05-2010, 01:52 AM
because its new york

NetsPaint
04-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Because they have a hot dog stand dedicated to him.

NYKnickFanatic
04-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Because of.....

elizur
04-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Because of this..."Because they know the history of what has gone into the Garden. So I can understand that as a fan, and I know, because I know the history of the game. I think the league is doing just fine, but with the Knicks being good, the Celtics being good, the Lakers being good, it makes the league that much better. I'm talking as a fan now, please understand that." Lebron James

29$JerZ
04-05-2010, 02:03 AM
It's New York

/Thread

Giaps
04-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Somebody's mad

jackdawson
04-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Because NY is the greatest franchise in nba history. Lakers and celtics suck and NY rocks.

Chill_Will_24
04-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Somebody's mad

Im not mad bro. Your signature pic makes me happy

Diewitdaknicks
04-05-2010, 02:34 AM
why not the KNICKS?

Cracka2HI!
04-05-2010, 02:48 AM
What's funny is ESPN will not address the state of the Knicks roster and the consensus thinking is that any team with Lebron will walk right into multiple titles...even though he hasn't won one yet with a team that is built completely for him and his talents. Let's say he grabs Bosh and they go to the Knicks. The team is now capped out for the forseeable future and has already traded pretty much all their future picks. They will have nothing to build with but the MLE for as long as Lebron is there...here is the roster they start with.

PF Gallinari?
SF Lebron
C Bosh
SG Chandler?
PG Minimum

Bench
SG Dougals
SF Walker
C Curry
Minimum
Minimum
Minimum
Minimum

To me that is not a team that can win the title. I'm not even sure its a team that can build towards a title with no cap space anytime in the future, no picks and no real tradable assets. IDK I really don't see New York as a good fit ON THE COURT in any way. The Nets atleast have Harris and Lopez to build around with him. If the Knicks only 2 good young players didn't play the same position as Lebron it might be a different story. Another thing NO ONE, especially ESPN NEVER considers is what going to New York and failing would do to Lebron's legacy.

I've been to New York. It's a great city. I understand what the fuss is about. However as a basketball team I just don't them as a good fit for him and ESPN doesn't seem to want to address. They seem to think...It's New York...of course he'll go there...He's Lebron...of course he leads them to multiple titles. Not that simple IMO.

nyanks79
04-05-2010, 03:17 AM
What's funny is ESPN will not address the state of the Knicks roster and the consensus thinking is that any team with Lebron will walk right into multiple titles...even though he hasn't won one yet with a team that is built completely for him and his talents. Let's say he grabs Bosh and they go to the Knicks. The team is now capped out for the forseeable future and has already traded pretty much all their future picks. They will have nothing to build with but the MLE for as long as Lebron is there...here is the roster they start with.

PF Gallinari?
SF Lebron
C Bosh
SG Chandler?
PG Minimum

Bench
SG Dougals
SF Walker
C Curry
Minimum
Minimum
Minimum
Minimum

To me that is not a team that can win the title. I'm not even sure its a team that can build towards a title with no cap space anytime in the future, no picks and no real tradable assets. IDK I really don't see New York as a good fit ON THE COURT in any way. The Nets atleast have Harris and Lopez to build around with him. If the Knicks only 2 good young players didn't play the same position as Lebron it might be a different story. Another thing NO ONE, especially ESPN NEVER considers is what going to New York and failing would do to Lebron's legacy.

I've been to New York. It's a great city. I understand what the fuss is about. However as a basketball team I just don't them as a good fit for him and ESPN doesn't seem to want to address. They seem to think...It's New York...of course he'll go there...He's Lebron...of course he leads them to multiple titles. Not that simple IMO.

Eddy Curry has an expiring contract for 11 million. It comes off the books in 2011. So they do have cap space in the future. They will still have flexibility moving foward. Also the expiring contract for the 2010-2011 season can be valuable as well. Z's 11 million dollar contract was traded for Jaminson, and Josh Howard for Caron Butler. Using that expiring to contract to gain another good player, or wait to spend then money in the 2011 summer can definatly make the Knicks Championship contenders. They also only traded away one pick, in 2012, the other pick is swapped, not lost. So they clearly have tons of options that give Lebron a good oppertunity, and IMO alot better then a team like the Cavs, who are locked up in ageing players like Jaminson, and overpaid players like Varajo.

abe_froman
04-05-2010, 03:20 AM
espn isnt hq'ed out of nj or il so ofcourse they wouldnt be mentioned.. ,its located right on that dividing line between boston influence and ny.so those that work there,live around there...and its coverage reflect that

so,with ny not that far away and the knicks being bad...you can see where its coming from

csenoner
04-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Chandler and gallo do not play the same position as bron.

chandler has played sg all year and gallo can play pf (he has been pf since we traded jeffries). People think gallo can't play pf but in reality he's huge/ I sat courtside at the bulls v knicks game and was amazed. Hes only goin to bulk up further as hes only 21 and hes already 6'10". He led the knicks in bocks this year and has shown the ability to rebound. He plays next to one of the best rebounders in the league so that will obviously effect his rebounding numbers.

fact is lebron and chandler can both play sg and sf on O and can both defend both positions as well so it really doesnt matter. It's a technicality.

For me, in a perfect world the knicks would have lebron guarding 2s, gallo guarding 3s with lee at pf and a guy like camby, haywood or bosh playing center. I would bring chandler off the bench as a versatile energy player.

and the reason espn is talking about it is because its real. The man flies to NYC anytime he gets a chance. he wore a yankees hat when his supposed 'home town team' played them in the playoffs. He has openly acknowledged how much he loves the garden. and lets be honest, he isn't even from cleveland in the first place. hes from akron.

and at the end of the day everyone knows lebron loves the limelight as much as anything, maybe even as much as winning despite what he might claim. the chance to win a title in NYC is attractive for him. its one thing to be a legend for a team no one cares about, its another thing to be a legend in new york.

another reason is that in NY he will be able to express his wishes and basically pick a teammate. he will make more money in endorsements than anywhere else, despite what the haters say.

and to the guy who asks what failing would do to his legacy, its nonsense. filing would hurt his legacy in cleveland, chicago, ny, everywhere. that condition is not exclusive to nyc.

the real question to ask is what winning in ny would do to his legacy, and yes, he sees the upside there. I don't see how lebron with a player of choice and other studs like lee, gallo, chandler, douglas would not win a couple at least. to be honest the cavs dont have much aside form bron. he makes everyone better. no one really thought mo willimas was a star before he went to cleveland, now hes a household name. jamison is aging, along with shaq and Z, and no one else on that team is irreplaceable by any means.

when you add up all these factors its hard to ignore that lebron to NYC is a legit possibility , wether cleveland wins this year or not.

CubsFan69
04-05-2010, 03:35 AM
because they have a hot dog stand dedicated to him.

lol

DQL
04-05-2010, 05:03 AM
it's funny how many Knicks fans already think Lebron's theirs. Truth is they haven't got anyone yet. Just like the HEAT. They can have Wade, Lebron and Amare/Bosh or they have nothing. The answer will only come in July

uws
04-05-2010, 06:30 AM
The fact of the matter is, he wont stay in Cleveland, there is nothing there for him. He has to go somewhere with endorsement money. This is what it all comes down to, powerful friends from NY (jay z, CC, dantoni, etc.) who will try to lure him (yes I know jay owns part of the nets but I am just convinced that will still draw him closer to the 5 boroughs in general), and ENDORSEMENT MONEY! He will make money in new york city, that he could not make anywhere else in the world, period. NBA contracts are chump change to the kind of money gatorade, nike, and any brand under the sun will dish out to Lebron if he is in NYC. Lets be real, he's a little town boy who is being lured by the big city, its history, its aura, and most of all, the thing that draws most people to live in new york, THE MONEY

Giaps
04-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Im not mad bro. Your signature pic makes me happy
lol

I am glad I could spread some cheer.

Big Zo
04-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Cuz It's New Yoak! We gots lots of buildings N ****, Dawg!

king4day
04-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Let's say he grabs Bosh and they go to the Knicks. The team is now capped out for the forseeable future and has already traded pretty much all their future picks. They will have nothing to build with but the MLE for as long as Lebron is there

I'm not even sure its a team that can build towards a title with no cap space anytime in the future, no picks and no real tradable assets

This same argument is then made for Chicago and Miami as well.
Cleveland is over the cap and the Dolan's wouldn't have a problem doing it again for NY, especially if it means winning again.
Even LA is over the cap. They already were and they just added almost 10 mil a year (+10 for the dollar to dollar cap match) for Kobe's extension.

They'll trade garbage for good players like the Cavs have done.

Teams aren't afraid dip into the cap as long as something is showing for it.

TheWatcher34
04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
:yawn:

LeBroom
04-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Thread Starter seems to hate the Knicks. I understand your love for Cleveland and Lebron but, why the need to assault the Knicks players and call MSG Overrated?

No offense but, you'll never really appreciate or KNOW what the MSG effect is, because you're not from New York. Sorry, but it's the truth.

arkanian215
04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Thread Starter seems to hate the Knicks. I understand your love for Cleveland and Lebron but, why the need to assault the Knicks players and call MSG Overrated?

No offense but, you'll never really appreciate or KNOW what the MSG effect is, because you're not from New York. Sorry, but it's the truth.

jj, gay, bosh, etc wouldn't appreciate or know what the msg efffect is either then:p

Giaps
04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
jj, gay, bosh, etc wouldn't appreciate or know what the msg efffect is either then:p
Players know because they've played in the building. MJ, Kobe and Lebron knew it so I'm sure a lot of the league is intrigued by it as well.

arkanian215
04-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Players know because they've played in the building. MJ, Kobe and Lebron knew it so I'm sure a lot of the league is intrigued by it as well.

lol it was a play on words man. obviously folks know about msg, even folks not from nyc.

Giaps
04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
lol it was a play on words man. obviously folks know about msg, even folks not from nyc.
I'm sorry. I'm dumb.

sep11ie
04-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Because people make 57 threads a day about him going there and everyone knows LBJ is an avid PSD user.

Slimsim
04-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Because we Got the Pringle Man as our coach.

jmastert
04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Nets

clutchski
04-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I think if Lebron starts winning titles in NY (down the road) then he can easily become the GOAT over Jordan, Kobe etc. That's why I can see him leaving.

But I also have other reasons why I think he might stay in CLE so I haven't made up my mind. If I had to choose right now, I'd say he's staying in Cleveland.

clutchski
04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Nets

No way.

arkanian215
04-05-2010, 11:53 AM
No way.

yall better get that last CL spot. it's either yall or villa.

JayAllDay
04-05-2010, 12:15 PM
don't be butt hurt man...

clutchski
04-05-2010, 12:17 PM
yall better get that last CL spot. it's either yall or villa.

lol YEAH :up: I know I'm really worried about Man C though..we still have some tough games ahead too.

BTW yall better get the #1 draft pick this year and not pull a Sacramento in last years draft (although it worked out great for them).

Robbw241
04-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Nets

jimbobjarree
04-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Nets

also screw tottenham

Robbw241
04-05-2010, 12:35 PM
**** Spurs

jimbobjarree
04-05-2010, 12:35 PM
agreed

clutchski
04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
**** Spurs

agreed

What are you guys..gooners? What's not to love about us. We're amazing in every way.

Big Zo
04-05-2010, 01:41 PM

MSG is famous for everything but the Knicks.

Chill_Will_24
04-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Your an idiot. Im from Trenton, NJ. My family is from Queens. I live there as much as Jersey sometimes. I go to MSG all the time. Its OVERRATED big time. Its not what you New Yorkers hope it is. Its a better arena than most its true, but its not a factor like you are dreaming. I dont hate the Knicks, i just hate the Knick jock lickers who for some reason forget that the Nets and Bulls are way better situations for him than the Knicks. Besides, in the end the players only play half their games at home anyway so i dont see what the big deal is about the arena. Have you even seen the early models and pics of the Barclays Center being built for the Nets? State of the art and all funded by our billionaire owner and i can honestly say it looks way better than MSG

madiaz3
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't think you realize how tempting it is for cocky athletes to be THE ONE that puts the Knicks back on the map while on the greatest stage in the world.

Giaps
04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
MSG is famous for everything but the Knicks.
They're famous for whooping Miami's *** in the 90s. :) Short memory bro? lol

abe_froman
04-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't think you realize how tempting it is for cocky athletes to be THE ONE that puts the Knicks back on the map while on the greatest stage in the world.

so much so that they flocked there already??...wait no

seriously,i know all nyers are banking on the whole "savior" thing.one magical guy will come and it will all be turned around in an instant....no matter who goes there,thats probably not going to happen

the image of your org isnt what it once was(though you guys seem to think so),and might not get anyone..its a real possibility.my thoughts are that stop banking on that savior thing and start rebuilding (not just team but image/culture there).yes it would take a few years but its what needs to be done and is a more realistic approach

i speak from having lived through it with the post dynasty bulls.bad culture,players that didnt care,losing and with a gm that was banking on tmac will come and save us..why will he? because we're a big city,because we're us(sound similar?).and guess what even though we believed like you guys believe it will happen,the stars didnt come.big market,money,and being "us" didnt sway anyone...was no match for the power of winning

chrism8188
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Lebron, bosh to NYk wade, amare to nets....good rivalry, nuff said

oak2455
04-05-2010, 02:12 PM
No way.

When the Nets where in the Finals twice nobody in the tri state area gave a shiiit:D

bkmikeyy
04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Your an idiot. Im from Trenton, NJ. My family is from Queens. I live there as much as Jersey sometimes. I go to MSG all the time. Its OVERRATED big time. Its not what you New Yorkers hope it is. Its a better arena than most its true, but its not a factor like you are dreaming. I dont hate the Knicks, i just hate the Knick jock lickers who for some reason forget that the Nets and Bulls are way better situations for him than the Knicks. Besides, in the end the players only play half their games at home anyway so i dont see what the big deal is about the arena. Have you even seen the early models and pics of the Barclays Center being built for the Nets? State of the art and all funded by our billionaire owner and i can honestly say it looks way better than MSG

Knicks are putting in 700 million i think to renovate MSG, it is in the heart of NY. The Nets play in Jersey for the next two years NO CHANCE Lebron leaves cleveland for as crummy a city as cleveland. If he goes he will go to the bright lights, only bright lights in jersey is the manhattan skyline in the distance.

madiaz3
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
so much so that they flocked there already??...wait no

We haven't had the money to let anyone come here for some time and most educated NBA fans know that. So I'm going to cut you off just after this first sentence and leave it at that. This is the first time we've ever been able to offer a max contract to a free agent in nearly 8 years.

jimbobjarree
04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
What are you guys..gooners? What's not to love about us. We're amazing in every way.

eww

bkmikeyy
04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Plus I still don't see how Nets have such an amazing young future when they can't win any games. Those young "talents" will not put up those numbers on a winning team. Players liek CDR, Yi, Lee etc are extremely replaceable and players like Bill Walker, Toney Douglas etc would be doing the same exact thing in a Nets uniform. GS has shown that young D-league call ups can average 15 ppg on a team that can't win, all that young talent hype is BS. You either have players who are good enough to win or you don't. Players that make up the nets roster (other than lopez and harris) are a dime a dozen.

bkmikeyy
04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
We haven't had the money to let anyone come here for some time and most educated NBA fans know that. So I'm going to cut you off just after this first sentence and leave it at that. This is the first time we've ever been able to offer a max contract to a free agent in nearly 8 years.

wasn't 1996 the last time they had money? the same year jordan said he was 5 minutes away from signing with the knicks and when they signed houston, Childs and picked of Larry Johnson that summer.

Raph12
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Biggest market, most capspace and Mike D'Antoni

bkmikeyy
04-05-2010, 02:32 PM
ok, i know this stuff is getting old but why does espn sell the lebron to the knicks so hard? Let me first say the i personally want lebron to stay in cle. Its good for the sport. The homegrown kid brings his state a title... But anyway lets think hypothetically. Lets say lebron decided to leave. Why the knicks???... Im sick of hearing about msg. Been there dozens of times. Its overrated. Their players suck. They try to sell gallo so hard but hes not good. He only shows flashes of brilliance sometimes. The bulls have more talent in rose and noah than they have in their whole roster. And what about the nets? Devin harris who has proven what he can do when carter was there; i can only imagine him next to lebron. Then they have an all star caliber center in lopez. The bulls and nets are both imo far more likely to land lebron than any other team. i would even go as far as to say that the nets are a lock to get him. a top four pick that could get them wall. An all balls billionaire owner, a big name coach probably coming in, a move to brooklyn, and share the same market as the knicks. Anyway if lebron goes anywhere at all, where do you see him next year? And why dont you hear espn talking nets or bulls more often when assessing lebrons future?

really, a lock??

Draco
04-05-2010, 02:46 PM
and guess what even though we believed like you guys believe it will happen,the stars didnt come.big market,money,and being "us" didnt sway anyone...was no match for the power of winning

The Krause/Jordan relationship was so bad that it poisoned the well for years after the team was dismantled. Pippen once commented on the chance that Chicago would get a major FA in 2000; "slim to none, and slim walked out the door."

Chill_Will_24
04-05-2010, 03:18 PM
really, a lock??

a lock as in, we dont know what is going thru Lebrons mind. We dont know how much of what he says is true? Does he really care about a championship more than money? How loyal is he to his state of Ohio? For all we know Lebron might have had his mind set way before all this free agent stuff even came up; way back when he developed a close brother like frienship with JayZ. There is a difference between publicised intentions and real intentions. Filing papers to change his jersey, wearing New York stuff publicly, praising off season suitors' teams, saying how he wont quit till he brings CLE a title... its all publicity and we dont know exactly how much of it is coming from his heart. Maybe JayZ has known all along he will have Lebron on his team all along and is just laughing at the Knicks behind the scenes. This is all conspiracy stuff but maybe the draft is rigged and the Nets WILL get the 1st pick and get Wall. I try to think of it as a "What would Stern do to raise profits for the league" type of thing...

Big Zo
04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
They're famous for whooping Miami's *** in the 90s. :) Short memory bro? lol

Welcome to the 21st century, where the Heat own the Knicks and have won the championship the Knicks have been waiting for since 1973. :) :p

bkmikeyy
04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
a lock as in, we dont know what is going thru Lebrons mind. We dont know how much of what he says is true? Does he really care about a championship more than money? How loyal is he to his state of Ohio? For all we know Lebron might have had his mind set way before all this free agent stuff even came up; way back when he developed a close brother like frienship with JayZ. There is a difference between publicised intentions and real intentions. Filing papers to change his jersey, wearing New York stuff publicly, praising off season suitors' teams, saying how he wont quit till he brings CLE a title... its all publicity and we dont know exactly how much of it is coming from his heart. Maybe JayZ has known all along he will have Lebron on his team all along and is just laughing at the Knicks behind the scenes. This is all conspiracy stuff but maybe the draft is rigged and the Nets WILL get the 1st pick and get Wall. I try to think of it as a "What would Stern do to raise profits for the league" type of thing...

you look into the whole Jay-z friendship wayyy to much, Jay z only owns a tiny percentage. Plus I'm pretty sure hes been to more Knick games than Net games this year anyways.

Qdawg
04-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Because winning in New York means more. If LeBron could revive New York he'd be the most beloved athlete in... maybe ever.

abe_froman
04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Because winning in New York means more. If LeBron could revive New York he'd be the most beloved athlete in... maybe ever.

but thats in ny,and if they won in indy..than they would be the most beloved in indy

winning in ny only endears you to nyers,people outside the fanbase wont give a ****/wont love you for it.you guys arent the only fanbase,so no you probably wouldnt be

iFYouSeekAmy
04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Wow.

D1JM
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
cuz the knicks have gallo and chandler. Two future NBA stars

iFYouSeekAmy
04-05-2010, 04:10 PM
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq196/Nightfarter/2_8_09.jpg

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq196/Nightfarter/9_24_09.jpg

mjqusoldier
04-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Ok, i know this stuff is getting old but why does ESPN sell the Lebron to the Knicks so hard? Let me first say the i personally want Lebron to stay in CLE. Its good for the sport. The homegrown kid brings his state a title... but anyway lets think hypothetically. Lets say Lebron decided to leave. Why the Knicks???... Im sick of hearing about MSG. Been there dozens of times. Its overrated. Their players suck. They try to sell Gallo so hard but hes not good. He only shows flashes of brilliance sometimes. The Bulls have more talent in Rose and Noah than they have in their whole roster. And what about the Nets? Devin Harris who has proven what he can do when Carter was there; i can only imagine him next to Lebron. Then they have an all star caliber Center in Lopez. The Bulls and Nets are both IMO far more likely to land Lebron than any other team. I would even go as far as to say that the Nets are a lock to get him. A top four pick that could get them Wall. An all balls billionaire owner, a big name coach probably coming in, a move to Brooklyn, and share the same market as the Knicks. Anyway if Lebron goes ANYWHERE at all, where do you see him next year? and why dont you hear ESPN talking Nets or Bulls more often when assessing Lebrons future?

Sorry but you sound pretty stupid:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: The Knicks do have some nice young pieces and they do have cap for 2 max free agents. New York is the best place in the world and Lebron knows that. Being the King of NY is much better than being the King of Cleveland, New Jersey, or Chicago. Gallo is basically in his rookie year because he barely played last year and he is doin pretty good this year if you ask anybody but obviously you aren't very smart when it comes to sports. There is a motorcross forum if you want to join that

mjqusoldier
04-05-2010, 04:37 PM
cuz the knicks have gallo and chandler. Two future NBA stars

you right. Gallo and Chandler will be great complements to whoever they bring in this summer. Sorry haters but the Knicks sucking is about to end finally

mjqusoldier
04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the 21st century, where the Heat own the Knicks and have won the championship the Knicks have been waiting for since 1973. :) :p

Yea but Heat fans suck and are mostly bandwagon fans and only come out when it's playoff time. They are better than Marlins fans tho. At least the Heat aren't getting another ring anytime soon

nycsports2
04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
cuz its ny best player in best city

save the knicks
04-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Lebrons ego

nycsports2
04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Lebrons ego

exactly bron is flashy and likes to do whats gonna give him the most attention and this is by far gonna be the choice i do think he satying in clev but the knicks would be the only place he does go if he chooses to leave

Ovratd1up
04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Because in Cleveland, even if he wins championships, he will just be another great player that comes and goes. If he goes to LA, Chicago, or Brooklyn, and wins rings, that would heighten his status. But the only way he can be best or second best ever is to win rings in New York, and I think he can.

Evolution23
04-05-2010, 05:24 PM
cause he wants to win many rings and wants to get paid like a rockstar. NY haters are in denial these days.. If Cleveland doesn't win this year hes going to NY, period!

clutchski
04-05-2010, 05:25 PM
he's already paid like a rockstar.

Nate David+ Co.
04-05-2010, 06:09 PM
yea but if you win in NY, you really win. Talk to A-Rod, CC, Jeter, etc. Ask Mark Texiera why he chose NYY over Boston. Clyde and Willis Reed will forever be legends. forever. Only place that can happen is LA or NY.

NYK_kidd77
04-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Because Jay Z sings about it.

Toenail Clipper
04-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Cause it's New York, where concrete jungle is made of, there's nothing you can do.
On a serious note, the Knicks have a basketball God named Danilo Gallinari! And if LeBron goes to New York, he will win a title! And there's like tons of superstars that will sign with the Knicks. It's a championship team, yup.

Ovratd1up
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Rockstars wish they could be payed like Lebron.

rhymeratic
04-05-2010, 08:26 PM
It doesn't matter what the haters say, the Knicks WILL get their guy(s) and we will be stompin out the East once again. It's gonna be some dark times for the Cavs.

stripersniper77
04-05-2010, 08:30 PM
NY is not all your hyping it up to be for B-ball, the only places were winning a title means more than just a title is in Boston or LA the two best NBA franchises. Playing in NY doesn't mean anything more than playing anywhere else for Lebron money wise or playing wise. Get the **** over yourselves NY is mediocre at every sport beside Baseball were they pay twice as much for their team now anyway.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 08:36 PM

If this was 1991 you'd deserve a DIGGGGGUM SMACK for that New York Hate induced post you removed from your rectum.

New York and MSG is the best place to play basketball in the world. The stakes are higher in NY thus the reward is that much sweeter. You don't believe me? well I don't really care lol, your post proves you're prob too dense to comprehend that anyways.

Stop acting like Lebron and whatever other nasty player we were gonna get with him (if he chooses to bounce Cleveland) wouldn't put the talent level on the Knicks over Chicago or Jersey. Gallinari is not a scrub by any means and Devon Harris is not as wonderful as you think he is by any means.

And tell me a better place to play in than MSG? please? lol places like the Staples Center took elements like blackening out the crowd from MSG. No other arena is better to watch any type of basketball game.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 08:38 PM
NY is not all your hyping it up to be for B-ball, the only places were winning a title means more than just a title is in Boston or LA the two best NBA franchises. Playing in NY doesn't mean anything more than playing anywhere else for Lebron money wise or playing wise. Get the **** over yourselves NY is mediocre at every sport beside Baseball were they pay twice as much for their team now anyway.

Winning in NY is more important than winning in LA or Boston...fluck outta here with that nonsense.

You speak blasphemy.

How many chips have the Bruins won? 5 who remembers??? Messier wins ONE with the rangers and its prob one of the most celebrated championships in hockey history.

Lets just face it people take pot shots at New York because our swagger is soooo illl and its the greatest city on earth for MILLIONS of reasons. Athletes get celebrated to no end when they're here, from allstars to role players.

If you win here theres NO COMPARISON...when you lose here you will be remembered as a LOSER. A lot of athletes don't want that pressure and or don't seek that reward.

Example:

Lets just say (hypothetically) D-Wade comes to the garden with allstar type free agent, and Lebron
Re-signs in Cleveland after (hypothetically) brings a championship to Cleveland...

Which championship do you think will be more impressive???? Which will garner more attention???? Which do you think would be more celebrated????

There's nothing like being a champion in New York, get to know it.

Toenail Clipper
04-05-2010, 08:39 PM
If this was 1991 you'd deserve a DIGGGGGUM SMACK for that New York Hate induced post you removed from your rectum.

New York and MSG is the best place to play basketball in the world. The stakes are higher in NY thus the reward is that much sweeter. You don't believe me? well I don't really care lol, your post proves you're prob too dense to comprehend that anyways.

Stop acting like Lebron and whatever other nasty player we were gonna get with him (if he chooses to bounce Cleveland) wouldn't put the talent level on the Knicks over Chicago or Jersey. Gallinari is not a scrub by any means and Devon Harris is not as wonderful as you think he is by any means.

And tell me a better place to play in than MSG? please? lol places like the Staples Center took elements like blackening out the crowd from MSG. No other arena is better to watch any type of basketball game. Eat nuts

Dude, shut up, seriously.

RaysFan
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
In reverse, what will this say to New York fans if LeBron turns them down? You have to think it will be a MASSIVE shot to their "New York is everything and athletes will flock to the mecca" opinion.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Dude, shut up, seriously.

Nah.

What do you know about winning clipper fan. Say something??

You're the essence of Irrelevance.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 09:04 PM
In reverse, what will this say to New York fans if LeBron turns them down? You have to think it will be a MASSIVE shot to their "New York is everything and athletes will flock to the mecca" opinion.

No Not at all. Some of us will say he's scared of the big stage, scarred of the pressure. Others will say it was pipe dream and he's loyal to his home state. And most people will say "why would you wanna play in Cleveland over New York?"

He has great reason to stay in Cleveland, I wont deny that at all, but lets be real here, there is nothing wrong with signing with the Knicks along with another nasty allstar player.

Some of the greatest athletes in sports history have played here and made their names here. There is nothing other than lack of salary cap space that has hurt us in terms of attracting free agents in the NBA. The notion that players don't wanna play here is a joke.

albertc86
04-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I've always said that superstars would rather put on a show against the Knicks 2-3 times a year than actually play for them 82 games. You know who you can thank for New York's misfortune? Jordan. Everyone's beloved Jordan raised the bar in New York with his legendary performances and the new wave of superstars are following suit. Do you really think the Kobes, LeBrons, Melos, Wades, etc... are putting on legendary performances just because it's New York? No. It's not merely coincidence. A certain someone said that the Knicks never had a "superstar" or "that guy" and it does hold some truth. New York has been a team oriented city. I do think the Knicks deserve a superstar and a great team but I don't see that happening. Quite frankly, in my opinion, if the Knicks acquire any of the previously mentioned superstars, it takes the allure out of the city. Who doesn't like seeing guys try to drop 50 points and triple-doubles on the Knicks? These guys [the previously mentioned] could drop sick numbers against a number of teams in the league but they don't; they save it for the Knicks. The Lakers are the only other team in the league that players try to put on great performances against but there's one fundamental difference between the Lakers and the Knicks --- the Lakers actually still manage to win [not as of late, however]. Do you really want these performances to stop? I don't.

jeter 2
04-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Cleveland Advantages:
1. Home State
2. Already on a Championship Contender
3. His team has great chemistry.
4. Depth of the team. He has a lot of guys that could start on some NBA teams like Varejao and Hickson, maybe West.
5. The Cavs can offer him the most money.

Cleveland Disadvantages:
1. Failed to provide Lebron with his Scottie Pippen.
2. Failed to win a championship
3. Roster Inconsistency- Lebron has played with 1 player that has been there the entire time he has been there in Cleveland. Secondly, the Cavs continually make many moves altering their roster year after year. However, many of the players will remain on the team. On the other hand, the Cavs will probably have to make adjustments after next year.
4. Aging Veteran Players-Jamison, Shaq and Z all have a few years left in them.
5. Cap Space- If they resign Lebron, they won't have potentially the necessary cap space to acquire new talent until 2013,but they do have the mid level exception
2010 Potential Lineup with Lebron:
C- Shaq, Hickson or Varejao
PF- Jamison
SF-Lebron
SG-Anthony Parker
PG- Mo Williams

Knicks Advantages:
1. They play in New York City. New York City speaks for itself. Its the country's biggest market and is the financial capital of the World. Lastly, he'll play in Madison Square Garden. Theres more reasons in the article I attached.
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/c...n-james/100402
2. Potential to play with another superstar
3. Have young, developing players in Chandler and Gallinari
4. As result of advantages 2 and 3, he has a core group of players that could last the duration of his career.
5. Cap Space not only in 2010 but also in 2011 if Eddy Curry does not get traded.

Knicks Disadvantages:
1. Lack of success over the past decade
2. The Media- The New York media could reveal very personal details about Lebron's personal life like Alex Rodriguez or they could turn him into a god like Derek Jeter who I worship.
3. Roster Deficiencies- The Knicks lack a strong point guard and do not have a center.

2010 Potential Knicks Lineup with Lebron and another superstar
Chris Bosh/Amare Stoudemire
Wilson Chandler
Gallinari
Lebron
Toney Douglas

With this starting lineup, they have the potential to be like the Phoenix Suns. However that system has not won a championship.

I do not think there are much differences between the owners. If he chooses Cavs or Knicks, he'll have great coaches. Lastly I would like to add I think the Knicks have a better shot at Lebron than you guys give credit for. But the Cavs are the favorites until the Knicks make roster additions like signing the other superstar. Like I said, I was just trying to get opinions out of you guys for some work I was doing so I was saying a lot of stuff. But this is what I honestly think.

NYtilIdie
04-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Listen I don't want to come in here to brag like I can guarantee Lebron is going to leave CLE for NY because I don't know that.
Now Lebron has a huge ego that is only big enough for NY or LA to handle and if he were to win a championship here he would literally be looked at as a God, hell if ge brings us a championship he'll probably have his own religion within a week.

We have the best fans and most intelligent (IMO not a knock to other fanbases) many stars including MJ and Larry Johnson have praised NY fans for their basketball knowledge which is why NY is called the "Mecca of basketball".
Now Artest said the main reason guys are scared of NY is because of the media "If we win we love you, if we lose we let you hear it" we set the bar high in NY and expect nothing less then the best (although you couldn't really tell by the last 9 years) and if your a franchise player wouldn't you want that kind of pressure to play your best night in and night out and become more determined to win a championship?

NYK_kidd77
04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I've always said that superstars would rather put on a show against the Knicks 2-3 times a year than actually play for them 82 games. You know who you can thank for New York's misfortune? Jordan. Everyone's beloved Jordan raised the bar in New York with his legendary performances and the new wave of superstars are following suit. Do you really think the Kobes, LeBrons, Melos, Wades, etc... are putting on legendary performances just because it's New York? No. It's not merely coincidence. A certain someone said that the Knicks never had a "superstar" or "that guy" and it does hold some truth. New York has been a team oriented city. I do think the Knicks deserve a superstar and a great team but I don't see that happening. Quite frankly, in my opinion, if the Knicks acquire any of the previously mentioned superstars, it takes the allure out of the city. Who doesn't like seeing guys try to drop 50 points and triple-doubles on the Knicks? These guys [the previously mentioned] could drop sick numbers against a number of teams in the league but they don't; they save it for the Knicks. The Lakers are the only other team in the league that players try to put on great performances against but there's one fundamental difference between the Lakers and the Knicks --- the Lakers actually still manage to win [not as of late, however]. Do you really want these performances to stop? I don't.

Lol Knick fans dont like to see guys drop 50 points and triple-doubles.

MacFitz92
04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Location and cap space.

albertc86
04-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Lol Knick fans dont like to see guys drop 50 points and triple-doubles.

Haha. Good point. However, New York fans are appreciative of talent and probably more so than any other city. I mean, when Kobe dropped 61 against the Knicks, the fans were cheering.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM

Your opinion is your opinion, but most of what you wrote has 0 validity. Athletes were putting on shows in the Garden way b4 Jordan laced em up. Maybe you're too young to remember, but the notion that players wanna come in just to put on a show a few times a year and thats it is joke. New York has the ability to expose the great and the awful in an athlete, its part of the package deal...You win you make the backpage every other day, you lose and the fans and media really let you know their displeasure...now every city is like this, but every city isn't in the national that often. I mean look at some of the good teams in the league right now...The knicks still garner more attention for losing games than most teams that have much better records.

if the Knicks acquire any of the previously mentioned superstars, it takes the allure out of the city

How does this make sense? Sounds like an *** backwards excerpt from a lame Bill Simmons article.

The reason those Jordan performances were so lauded is b/c they were against really good rival Knicks teams, not the mess thats been in the garden the last decade.

The New York Knicks of the 70's exemplified what TEAM play is all about, but this is a Star driven city and has always been one. Ask Messier, Gretzky, ask Pele, ask Lawrence Taylor, Ask Arod, Reggie, Go wake up the Babe, The Mick, Joe D, Keith Hernandez, Strawberry, Eli Manning even.

"Team Orientated" city yeah...filled with GREAT players on those teams.

Jordan himself thanks the New York stage for putting the pressure needed on him to bring out his best...aside from Chicago, a place where he started his legacy, what OTHER team do you think he would've wanted to play for if asked ??? I promise you its not Cleveland lol. and keep in mind he is from NY.

The fact that New York is prob Lebrons 1st or 2nd choice should tell you how great winning in NY is.

albertc86
04-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Your opinion is your opinion, but most of what you wrote has 0 validity. Athletes were putting on shows in the Garden way b4 Jordan laced em up. Maybe you're too young to remember, but the notion that players wanna come in just to put on a show a few times a year and thats it is joke. New York has the ability to expose the great and the awful in an athlete, its part of the package deal...You win you make the backpage every other day, you lose and the fans and media really let you know their displeasure...now every city is like this, but every city isn't in the national that often. I mean look at some of the good teams in the league right now...The knicks still garner more attention for losing games than most teams that have much better records.

How does this make sense? Sounds like an *** backwards excerpt from a lame Bill Simmons article.

The reason those Jordan performances were so lauded is b/c they were against really good rival Knicks teams, not the mess thats been in the garden the last decade.

The New York Knicks of the 70's exemplified what TEAM play is all about, but this is a Star driven city and has always been one. Ask Messier, Gretzky, ask Pele, ask Lawrence Taylor, Ask Arod, Reggie, Go wake up the Babe, The Mick, Joe D, Keith Hernandez, Strawberry, Eli Manning even.

"Team Orientated" city yeah...filled with GREAT players on those teams.

Jordan himself thanks the New York stage for putting the pressure needed on him to bring out his best...aside from Chicago, a place where he started his legacy, what OTHER team do you think he would've wanted to play for if asked ??? I promise you its not Cleveland lol. and keep in mind he is from NY.

The fact that New York is prob Lebrons 1st or 2nd choice should tell you how great winning in NY is.

I'm speaking in terms of now. The superstars of today are paying homage to Jordan by putting on these legendary performances. That you cannot deny so my argument does have validity for that reason.

heathonater
04-05-2010, 09:41 PM
no one has really talked about this, but what about lebron joining wade in miami. might sound far fetched, but they do have the cap space to pull this move off and im sure lebron wouldnt mind the night life in miami. we'll see what happens but that's one place i could possibly see lebron go based only on speculation.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Cleveland Advantages:
1. Home State
2. Already on a Championship Contender
3. His team has great chemistry.
4. Depth of the team. He has a lot of guys that could start on some NBA teams like Varejao and Hickson, maybe West.
5. The Cavs can offer him the most money.

Cleveland Disadvantages:
1. Failed to provide Lebron with his Scottie Pippen.
2. Failed to win a championship
3. Roster Inconsistency- Lebron has played with 1 player that has been there the entire time he has been there in Cleveland. Secondly, the Cavs continually make many moves altering their roster year after year. However, many of the players will remain on the team. On the other hand, the Cavs will probably have to make adjustments after next year.
4. Aging Veteran Players-Jamison, Shaq and Z all have a few years left in them.
5. Cap Space- If they resign Lebron, they won't have potentially the necessary cap space to acquire new talent until 2013,but they do have the mid level exception
2010 Potential Lineup with Lebron:
C- Shaq, Hickson or Varejao
PF- Jamison
SF-Lebron
SG-Anthony Parker
PG- Mo Williams

Knicks Advantages:
1. They play in New York City. New York City speaks for itself. Its the country's biggest market and is the financial capital of the World. Lastly, he'll play in Madison Square Garden. Theres more reasons in the article I attached.
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/c...n-james/100402
2. Potential to play with another superstar
3. Have young, developing players in Chandler and Gallinari
4. As result of advantages 2 and 3, he has a core group of players that could last the duration of his career.
5. Cap Space not only in 2010 but also in 2011 if Eddy Curry does not get traded.

Knicks Disadvantages:
1. Lack of success over the past decade
2. The Media- The New York media could reveal very personal details about Lebron's personal life like Alex Rodriguez or they could turn him into a god like Derek Jeter who I worship.
3. Roster Deficiencies- The Knicks lack a strong point guard and do not have a center.

2010 Potential Knicks Lineup with Lebron and another superstar
Chris Bosh/Amare Stoudemire
Wilson Chandler
Gallinari
Lebron
Toney Douglas

With this starting lineup, they have the potential to be like the Phoenix Suns. However that system has not won a championship.

I do not think there are much differences between the owners. If he chooses Cavs or Knicks, he'll have great coaches. Lastly I would like to add I think the Knicks have a better shot at Lebron than you guys give credit for. But the Cavs are the favorites until the Knicks make roster additions like signing the other superstar. Like I said, I was just trying to get opinions out of you guys for some work I was doing so I was saying a lot of stuff. But this is what I honestly think.

Good post dude. You summed it up pretty well.

Its clear we aren't the favorites at the moment, but I find it insulting how people seem to think playing in NY is a bad thing for any athlete. We have a great cap space situation and some young talent and a very good coach, oh I'm sorry that just sounds like basketball purgatory.:rolleyes:

albertc86
04-05-2010, 09:43 PM
no one has really talked about this, but what about lebron joining wade in miami. might sound far fetched, but they do have the cap space to pull this move off and im sure lebron wouldnt mind the night life in miami. we'll see what happens but that's one place i could possibly see lebron go based only on speculation.

I don't know if there are enough balls to go around if they paired up. One of them would have to defer to the other in order to be successful and I don't think either one is ready to pass the torch. Especially not to each other.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Listen I don't want to come in here to brag like I can guarantee Lebron is going to leave CLE for NY because I don't know that.
Now Lebron has a huge ego that is only big enough for NY or LA to handle and if he were to win a championship here he would literally be looked at as a God, hell if ge brings us a championship he'll probably have his own religion within a week.

We have the best fans and most intelligent (IMO not a knock to other fanbases) many stars including MJ and Larry Johnson have praised NY fans for their basketball knowledge which is why NY is called the "Mecca of basketball".
Now Artest said the main reason guys are scared of NY is because of the media "If we win we love you, if we lose we let you hear it" we set the bar high in NY and expect nothing less then the best (although you couldn't really tell by the last 9 years) and if your a franchise player wouldn't you want that kind of pressure to play your best night in and night out and become more determined to win a championship?

Basically.:clap:

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm speaking in terms of now. The superstars of today are paying homage to Jordan by putting on these legendary performances. That you cannot deny so my argument does have validity for that reason.

The more I hear this "HOMAGE" bit the more ridiculous it sounds lol.

Fluck "Homage" lol

Why does everyone swear every player in the league is some MJ minion worshiping at the altar of Mike every 5 minutes?

Players don't buy into that **** nearly as much as us fans do as whole. Its crap. Players don't step foot in the garden thinking "ohhhhhh I better do my best Mike Impression" Players are like..."I'm on the Broadway of Basketball" The big stage. Its about the building M S G

People can sit here and say oh its just some building, but its bigger than that, the same way Yankees Stadium is bigger than Jeter and the Mick , MSG is bigger than Michael Jordan (YES I SAID IT) and its true.

Ali fought Frazier in this Mutha *********! Don't give this jive about this being Jordans house and the reason it has significance in realm of sport:rolleyes:. This building made him much more than he made it.

The superstars of today have knowledge of sports just as much as us know it all fans. The good ones know the true significance of playing in that building and in this city.

"HOMAGE" DEEZ NUTS

knickfan4life
04-05-2010, 09:59 PM

PF Gallinari?
SF Lebron
C Bosh
SG Chandler?
PG Minimum

Bench
SG Dougals
SF Walker
C Curry
Minimum
Minimum
Minimum
Minimum

Eddy Curry has an $11M expiring contract this upcoming season which can be traded to add a player of Gilbert Arenas' caliber, which makes a team of

ARENAS
SCRUB
LBJ
BOSH
SCRUB

a VERY dangerous team, let alone, adding a deadly 3 point shooter in Gallanari, an athletic forward in Chandler, a young good PG in Toney Douglas, and honestly, those are all tradeable pieces to add ANOTHER good player, if need be. so honestly, stop complaining, the knicks r in a good spot right now. lets jus see how it plays out.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-05-2010, 09:59 PM

Though about it, it could happen...ego's will never allow it lol.

I'm sure Lebron got the memo DWade sent out titled "THIS IS MY HOUSE"

...I mean I got it

Chill_Will_24
04-06-2010, 01:37 AM
I dont care where he goes. I wont lose sleep either way. My question was whey are the Bulls and Nets not mentioned at least as much as the Knicks in relation to Lebron? I look at the Nets squad and the Bulls squad in comparison to the Knicks and its not even close. The Bulls have been dealing with injury and other stuff, and the Nets FO have been clearly tanking, so their bad record is irrelevant. MSG is a good arena but you Knicks fans overrate it too much. As far as him making it in NY making him a legend or whatever delusion you were spitting out, isnt Brooklyn considered a part of NY as much as Manhattan?

jeter 2
04-06-2010, 02:15 AM
I dont care where he goes. I wont lose sleep either way. My question was whey are the Bulls and Nets not mentioned at least as much as the Knicks in relation to Lebron? I look at the Nets squad and the Bulls squad in comparison to the Knicks and its not even close. The Bulls have been dealing with injury and other stuff, and the Nets FO have been clearly tanking, so their bad record is irrelevant. MSG is a good arena but you Knicks fans overrate it too much. As far as him making it in NY making him a legend or whatever delusion you were spitting out, isnt Brooklyn considered a part of NY as much as Manhattan?

Lets just say if Lebron came to New York, he has the potential to be bigger than Babe Ruth. Everyone knows who Babe Ruth is, but does anyone know who the biggest star in Cleveland is? Jim Brown maybe. I think the Bulls have a decent shot at him, but I think they gotta make a trade for a PF. Hinrich and Deng are good trade pieces but the problem is that Hinrich has 17 million owed to him and Deng is locked up for next couple of years. About the Nets, I cannot really see that happening. Even though they'll move to Brooklyn in 2 years, they play in Newark that has an extremely small market. Also Newark is considered to be the most dangerous city in the country. After this season, I find it difficult for them to sign free agents. I know there are rumors that Amare may be interested but if they sign him, they wont have the cap room for Lebron. Like I said to you, they should sign a power forward like David Lee or Amare if they are willing to go there and draft Evan Turner and go for Carmelo the next off season.

I think the Knicks are a better option than the Bulls or the Nets because they could sign another superstar like a Chris Bosh and with Eddy Curry's expiring contract, they could either let it expire at the end of next year or shop it and see if they could package him with Wilson Chandler and get a good point guard or a center or maybe even both. In terms of the team, the Knicks offer Lebron with the most roster flexibility.

kikeyanez
04-06-2010, 02:25 AM
labron should sign with the warriors! picture labron monta ellis stephen curry an ar4! game over an we got a top 5 pick in the draft this year

LeBroom
04-06-2010, 02:26 AM

O-kay, Jersey Boy.

NYK_kidd77
04-06-2010, 02:27 AM

Because it gets so much media coverage. Also not many people want to talk about the nets not even when they are good. As for the Bulls i have seen a pretty good share of threads about Wade or some superstar going there.

Draco
04-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Because it gets so much media coverage. Also not many people want to talk about the nets not even when they are good. As for the Bulls i have seen a pretty good share of threads about Wade or some superstar going there.

Maybe because Walsh's salary cap management has been more interesting than his team. Out of that, you have Chris Sheridan speculating that Walsh had to have had insider information to justify trading draft picks to get under the cap. If I'm not mistaken ..didn't Walsh also change the organizations policy on dealing with the media? Maybe a less restrictive Knicks organization is getting rewarded by favorable media attention.

NYK_kidd77
04-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Maybe because Walsh's salary cap management has been more interesting than his team. Out of that, you have Chris Sheridan speculating that Walsh had to have had insider information to justify trading draft picks to get under the cap. If I'm not mistaken ..didn't Walsh also change the organizations policy on dealing with the media? Maybe a less restrictive Knicks organization is getting rewarded by favorable media attention.

Not sure about the Walsh policy thing but i agree with you about the salary cap being more interesting than what the Knicks have done on the court this year.

Cracka2HI!
04-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Eddy Curry has an $11M expiring contract this upcoming season which can be traded to add a player of Gilbert Arenas' caliber, which makes a team of

ARENAS
SCRUB
LBJ
BOSH
SCRUB

a VERY dangerous team, let alone, adding a deadly 3 point shooter in Gallanari, an athletic forward in Chandler, a young good PG in Toney Douglas, and honestly, those are all tradeable pieces to add ANOTHER good player, if need be. so honestly, stop complaining, the knicks r in a good spot right now. lets jus see how it plays out.
Yea they have Curry so they have 1 more piece. I'm still just not sure it's enough to be a championship caliber team. You're right though, we'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised 1 bit to see him sign in New York.

abe_froman
04-06-2010, 04:09 AM
the brooklyn thing is a red haring.yes they are moving.after the majority of his contract would be up(if he signed there to max).so no, not brooklyn!!!,more newark(which i dont think holds the same appeal to him,fine city it might be though..dunno,never been).so ok lets say even if he loved brooklyn and wanted to play there .why not just wait til his next contract..ya know when they'll actually be in brooklyn?
also how is it clear that they are tanking? they played like **** all year,ironically they been playing well lately,at the end of the year...ya know the time traditionally that teams tank
so at this point i dunno if nets should be viewed on equal footing as,or should be favored over, the knicks

as for chicago.i think they are a real darkhorse,i agree there. and think some of the chance is tied to weather they get into the playoffs or not,which can be a real wildcard.say the series is tough and heated(boston-esque).he could either grow to hate the players for trying to spoil his waltz to the ring(he can be that big of a baby),hate the fans(either boos for him,or if they cheer..showing lack of support for their team so easily)...or he comes away impressed that they challenged a heavy fav to win it all,went all out to try to win.and the atmosphere in the building being electric.

uprightciti
04-06-2010, 07:52 AM
because if you have 30 million people in ny, nj, ct supporting you its worth it

Toenail Clipper
04-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Nah.

What do you know about winning clipper fan. Say something??

You're the essence of Irrelevance.

You're new here, don't act all big and ****

Evolution23
04-06-2010, 10:45 AM
he's already paid like a rockstar.

Im talking about the billionaires boys club

Evolution23
04-06-2010, 10:47 AM

Says the guy from Mass :facepalm:

makin' waves
04-06-2010, 10:59 AM
If you were the best and had a chance to save BBall in NY, wouldnt you take it? I know I would.

Chill_Will_24
04-06-2010, 11:06 AM
the brooklyn thing is a red haring.yes they are moving.after the majority of his contract would be up(if he signed there to max).so no, not brooklyn!!!,more newark(which i dont think holds the same appeal to him,fine city it might be though..dunno,never been).so ok lets say even if he loved brooklyn and wanted to play there .why not just wait til his next contract..ya know when they'll actually be in brooklyn?
also how is it clear that they are tanking? they played like **** all year,ironically they been playing well lately,at the end of the year...ya know the time traditionally that teams tank
so at this point i dunno if nets should be viewed on equal footing as,or should be favored over, the knicks

as for chicago.i think they are a real darkhorse,i agree there. and think some of the chance is tied to weather they get into the playoffs or not,which can be a real wildcard.say the series is tough and heated(boston-esque).he could either grow to hate the players for trying to spoil his waltz to the ring(he can be that big of a baby),hate the fans(either boos for him,or if they cheer..showing lack of support for their team so easily)...or he comes away impressed that they challenged a heavy fav to win it all,went all out to try to win.and the atmosphere in the building being electric.

They are clearly tanking because they kept an inept GM as a coach all year. The players have playerd hard but people forget how important a real coach can be out there. They are winning now, yea, when they cleary will end with the worst record; the next team being like 6 games off. The Prudential Center is a great arena. Way better than the Izod Center. Its right next to NY so what you mean it has a small media? Nets games are televised on the same network as Yankees games. We share the same market. As far as it being a dangerous city, yea i see Lebron getting jumped in an alley somewhere at night... stay in the burbs kids cuz you know nothing of the hood. Crime has nothing to do with the value of a city to a basketball player who will spend most of his time in NY with bodyguards anyway.

bkmikeyy
04-06-2010, 11:28 AM
They are clearly tanking because they kept an inept GM as a coach all year. The players have playerd hard but people forget how important a real coach can be out there. They are winning now, yea, when they cleary will end with the worst record; the next team being like 6 games off. The Prudential Center is a great arena. Way better than the Izod Center. Its right next to NY so what you mean it has a small media? Nets games are televised on the same network as Yankees games. We share the same market. As far as it being a dangerous city, yea i see Lebron getting jumped in an alley somewhere at night... stay in the burbs kids cuz you know nothing of the hood. Crime has nothing to do with the value of a city to a basketball player who will spend most of his time in NY with bodyguards anyway.

As long as they play in jersey it is going to be a small media team. The years they went to the finals and Knicks couldn't get into the playoffs the Knicks still got more attention in the NY area.

HOZ THE KNICK
04-06-2010, 11:30 AM
well we all have to wait & see whether we sign lebron or not we have flexibility to do alot of things including trading curry expiring contract of 11.2 mil.......either way we can only go up.

Nighthawk
04-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Bron wont go to the Bulls... Thats Jordans team

New Jersey or New York are the 2 places i see him going. If not the Nets or Knicks i see him staying right where he is in Cleveland

HOZ THE KNICK
04-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Bron wont go to the Bulls... Thats Jordans team

New Jersey or New York are the 2 places i see him going. If not the Nets or Knicks i see him staying right where he is in Cleveland

that's the truth but in my heart he stays in cleveland but this is a very deep free agents class you can still build a contender

colinskik
04-06-2010, 12:04 PM
This is the kid who is claiming ties to both dirty jerz and Queens, yet knows nothing about either of them.

Technically Brooklyn and Manhattan are both boroughs of NYC but Manhattan is "the city." There's no fame like Manhattan fame.

Several posters have already told you what's really good but you don't seem to understand. The Nets are dwarfed by the Knicks in the media because no one gives two ***** about Jersey. And we're talking the years when the Nets were contending for championships and the Knicks were out of the playoffs.

The bottom line here is if Lebron signs with the Knicks he will be elevated to a whole new status, the likes of which may have never been witnessed. There are nice complementary pieces for him and cap space for even more sidekicks.

However, as a Knick fan I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. Even without Lebron next year the Knicks will be much improved and a contender in the East. That's for all you haters who will inevitably be all up on here acting like pricks if NY doesn't get Lebron. And I'm pretty sure I speak for all my fellow Knick fans when I say we want a good team next y ear with or without Lebron. But I'll gladly welcome him with open arms if he decides to make the right decision.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-06-2010, 02:30 PM

Non Knicks fans (THE ******** ONE'S) prob still wont get this^^^^^

Some idiots think free agents have absolutely no desire to play for the Knicks lol.

When an NBA player is disgruntled and does the whole baby "Please trade me from here thing" The first place they ask tobe traded to is the Knicks lol.

Kobe
Vince
T-Mac
Garnett
Kidd
Etc.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-06-2010, 02:39 PM
labron should sign with the warriors! picture labron monta ellis stephen curry an ar4! game over an we got a top 5 pick in the draft this year

But you guys already have Monta Ellis!

Don't you know he's better than Lebron lol

KnicksorBust
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
We're ****ing terrible right now and we're still 4th in average attendance. That + the ability to finally play with another elite player should be reason enough.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-06-2010, 02:58 PM

No team the Knicks could have put on the court, good or bad could've been more interesting than the prospect of getting so much additiona cap space this season and becoming major players in the Lebron sweepstakes.

Wolfpig
04-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Remember they said the same thing about Shaquille O'Neal. According to ESPN, it was a done deal that he was going to New York. Never heard a retraction on that one.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-06-2010, 03:25 PM
You're new here, don't act all big and ****

I'm not new here at all in fact lol.

I've been on the PSD since 2002, take a hike.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM

Nets games are televised on the same network as Yankees games

As a proud Yankees fan I'm disgusted that Nets are on the Yes network. Its purely circumstantial b/c of the Yankees/MSG relationship and the Nets being good in the early 2000's but gimme a break, they don't belong next my Yanks on any network.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-06-2010, 03:50 PM
This is the kid who is claiming ties to both dirty jerz and Queens, yet knows nothing about either of them.

Technically Brooklyn and Manhattan are both boroughs of NYC but Manhattan is "the city." There's no fame like Manhattan fame.

Several posters have already told you what's really good but you don't seem to understand. The Nets are dwarfed by the Knicks in the media because no one gives two ***** about Jersey. And we're talking the years when the Nets were contending for championships and the Knicks were out of the playoffs.

The bottom line here is if Lebron signs with the Knicks he will be elevated to a whole new status, the likes of which may have never been witnessed. There are nice complementary pieces for him and cap space for even more sidekicks.

However, as a Knick fan I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. Even without Lebron next year the Knicks will be much improved and a contender in the East. That's for all you haters who will inevitably be all up on here acting like pricks if NY doesn't get Lebron. And I'm pretty sure I speak for all my fellow Knick fans when I say we want a good team next y ear with or without Lebron. But I'll gladly welcome him with open arms if he decides to make the right decision.

He speaks the truth.

We Knick fans can talk on here until we're blue in the face, but it wont matter. Among NBA fans, Knick fans will always hear the hate lol...There will always be some schmoe who plays devils advocate about anything potentially positive for the orange and blue.

The bottom line is, no fanbase gets more electrified when we are contending for championships. No building gets more electrified, and no team garners more attention period.

Lebron or not, the Knicks are in great shape moving forward, people need to start coming to grips with that and quit hating.

hugepatsfan
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
The Knicks have the money to sign 2 max players this offseason. Then thy would have Curry's 11 mil expiring and some young chips to get another very good player. They are in great shape. It doesn't mean it will work out though - the top FAs could go elsewhere.

JnasD
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM
He speaks the truth.

We Knick fans can talk on here until we're blue in the face, but it wont matter. Among NBA fans Knick fans will always here the hate lol...There will always be some schmoe who plays devils advocate about anything potentially positive for the orange and blue.

The bottom line is, no fanbase gets more electrified when we are contending for championships. No building gets more electrified, and no team garners more attention period.

Lebron or not, the Knicks are in great shape moving forward, people need to start coming to grips with that and quit hating.

I agree. Its just amazing to see how many Knick haters are here and the funny thing is that we suck so bad and we are still hated. Imagine when we are a good team again how much hate we are going to get. We might be as much hated as our Yankees lol. I really do hope we make the right moves this summer to turn this Franchise around. We need to bring back a winning culture at MSG.

JnasD
04-06-2010, 04:23 PM

lmao just another Boston Fan. Sure The Knicks suck but The Yankees are a great team, The Giants beat your Patriots not that long ago, and The Jets are respectable again. The Rangers are a good team as well. The only mediocre teams in NY are The Knicks, Mets, and Nets.

MagicDojo
04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I can name hundreds of millions of reasons....Because the National networks can sell advertising for more money when The Biggest cities are in the Finals and semifinals.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
I agree. Its just amazing to see how many Knick haters are here and the funny thing is that we suck so bad and we are still hated. Imagine when we are a good team again how much hate we are going to get. We might be as much hated as our Yankees lol. I really do hope we make the right moves this summer to turn this Franchise around. We need to bring back a winning culture at MSG.

Lol you couldn't have put it any better man.

If the correlation you mentioned between the Yanks and The Knicks doesn't sum up the New York, I don't know what does.

You have one team that exemplifies winning for pretty much its whole existence.

And you have a team whose an original NBA franchise, always is known for having TEAM orientated success.

Ones been consistently good for decades it seems like, and ones been somewhat of an underdog. Both sides of the winning spectrum yet both get hated lol.

Both have legion's of haters who prob couldn't crack the assistant gatorade mixer position on their HS basketball teams, but want to claim they know about Basketball.

I think the hate has nothing to do with sports I'm afraid lol. Boston/NY one thing, LA/NY w/e, even NY/Chicago if you must...but I don't sit around thinking about Cleveland, I don't give a crap what the Raptors are doing at all lol.

Yet everyone and there mother is a Knick hater for halloween each year.

arkanian215
04-06-2010, 05:10 PM
As long as they play in jersey it is going to be a small media team. The years they went to the finals and Knicks couldn't get into the playoffs the Knicks still got more attention in the NY area.

lol you got that right. the post, daily news (or what's left of it) and nytimes all have awful nets coverage. as of this moment the times has yet featured an article on the offer to coach k.

good thing for dedicated nets blogs and dave d. im surprised the nets aren't even half as popular since they are on the same network as the yankees.

edit: there's now one article on the offer. 24+ hrs after it was initially reported. lol

futureman
04-06-2010, 05:14 PM
I think that ESPN will get a bonus check if lebron goes to new york.

futureman
04-06-2010, 05:19 PM
why not the KNICKS?

In response to your avitar, New York maybe the biggest amrket with the biggest throne, But the only king worthy of it is the Burger King.

Chill_Will_24
04-06-2010, 11:49 PM
I dont hate Knicks fans at all. You Knicks fans just like to take it as such. Like i said, i want Lebron to stay in Cleveland. Its good for the sport. Cuz thruthfully the Cavs are a lottery team without him. Also i wouldnt like it if we draft John Wall and years down the road when he becomes a superstar, he bolts for another team, so i can imagine how those fans would feel. I think the only top FA your really likely to get is Bosh. He want out of Toronto and he also desperately wants out of Lebrons and Wades shadow. He doesnt get the recognition he feels he deserves. I mean the guy had to make a funny spoof just to get voted into the All Star game in the 09 season. What better city than NY to become as big as Lebron and Wade? I think NY appeals to him for all the reasons you Knicks fans have posted. I doubt NY would appeal to Lebron as much. He is already a household name. He is already an icon. He gets more publicity and endorsements than even Kobe himself who is my favorite player ever. Who knows WHAT Lebron wants most. Sometimes he says winning, sometimes he says to become a billionaire, he speaks in code, and makes childish statements, he lies about his intentions, filing papers to change jersey number, he brags about himself and knows nothing of sportsmanship. He sometimes reminds me of a Steph Marbury or Allen Iverson type. Not as a player but as a person. So in all i think Lebron will do what HE feels is best for him. Not what ESPN analysts say he should do. Matter of fact he might even refuse NY just based on the fact that everyone is predicting him to go there. Anyway i really want him to be a Cav next year

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-08-2010, 12:30 AM
In response to your avitar, New York maybe the biggest amrket with the biggest throne, But the only king worthy of it is the Burger King.

:facepalm:

You can't teach cornball people.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-08-2010, 12:40 AM
I dont hate Knicks fans at all. You Knicks fans just like to take it as such. Like i said, i want Lebron to stay in Cleveland. Its good for the sport. Cuz thruthfully the Cavs are a lottery team without him. Also i wouldnt like it if we draft John Wall and years down the road when he becomes a superstar, he bolts for another team, so i can imagine how those fans would feel. I think the only top FA your really likely to get is Bosh. He want out of Toronto and he also desperately wants out of Lebrons and Wades shadow. He doesnt get the recognition he feels he deserves. I mean the guy had to make a funny spoof just to get voted into the All Star game in the 09 season. What better city than NY to become as big as Lebron and Wade? I think NY appeals to him for all the reasons you Knicks fans have posted. I doubt NY would appeal to Lebron as much. He is already a household name. He is already an icon. He gets more publicity and endorsements than even Kobe himself who is my favorite player ever. Who knows WHAT Lebron wants most. Sometimes he says winning, sometimes he says to become a billionaire, he speaks in code, and makes childish statements, he lies about his intentions, filing papers to change jersey number, he brags about himself and knows nothing of sportsmanship. He sometimes reminds me of a Steph Marbury or Allen Iverson type. Not as a player but as a person. So in all i think Lebron will do what HE feels is best for him. Not what ESPN analysts say he should do. Matter of fact he might even refuse NY just based on the fact that everyone is predicting him to go there. Anyway i really want him to be a Cav next year

It just sounds like you can't really grasp how popular Lebron could get in NY. He's only scratched the surface in cleveland. If he's genuine about being a home town kid and stays in Cleveland thats great...but if he's looking at this from a business standpoint, like many athletes do these days, he'd be going full ****** to stay in Cleveland.

We've seen the ''Lebron on Cleveland show" ***** getting old IMO and will continue to get old if he satays there and the don't run off some championships.

Chill_Will_24
04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
It just sounds like you can't really grasp how popular Lebron could get in NY. He's only scratched the surface in cleveland. If he's genuine about being a home town kid and stays in Cleveland thats great...but if he's looking at this from a business standpoint, like many athletes do these days, he'd be going full ****** to stay in Cleveland.

We've seen the ''Lebron on Cleveland show" ***** getting old IMO and will continue to get old if he satays there and the don't run off some championships.

This i can agree with. He wont get any bigger in Cleveland. I guess it makes no sense to continue arguing over something that relies on chance. Every fan will argue every which way about why Lebron will come to THEIR team. There will be no end to it till this summer. Well see in July.