PDA

View Full Version : What happened between Lebron and Garnett after the game?

SuperDayv
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
What were they arguing about?

FlakeyFool
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
drugs

GodsSon
04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Who's blacker

NetsPaint
04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
lol

Raps18-19 Champ
04-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Who should be the one who does the baby powder pre game ritual.

tjlipford
04-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Just two competitors going at it in a high energy game.

G-legend
04-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm getting sick and tired of KG constantly running his mouth and disrespecting other players with his profanity-laced banter.

wileyisTOFU
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
****ed the same woman/gambling

Ethix11
04-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Either bad sportsmanship on LeBrons part or just another case of KG being a dog again.

avrpatsfan
04-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Lebron James did go into the Celtics huddle near the end of the game. That what it was probably about. BTW, KG is blacker :)

FlakeyFool
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM
who farted

DieselPowered32
04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
What i'd like to see if these two teams meet again is KG get in Shaq's face and talk trash to him. Until now with Lebron, his always seemed to talk trash or bully lesser players

FlakeyFool
04-04-2010, 07:49 PM
he did make Blatche cry lmao

THE MTL
04-04-2010, 07:52 PM
KG would get into Shaq's face too. KG aint scared of no one!

DaVille
04-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Who cooks better? NBA player are prima donna's. They don't fight.

CELTICSBANNER18
04-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm getting sick and tired of KG constantly running his mouth and disrespecting other players with his profanity-laced banter.

trash talking is part of the game for some players especially Garnett he just likes to get into the players heads and mess around with them.

DieselPowered32
04-04-2010, 08:03 PM
A piece about what James thought of Garnett trash talking from Brian Windhorst column after CAVS/CELTICS game

BOSTON, Mass. -- Thoughts following the Cavs' 117-113 loss to the Celtics:

• Somewhere between Tony Allen trash-talking in his face and Kevin Garnett grabbing his crotch while issuing LeBron James a sort of invitation Sunday afternoon, James decided he did indeed want a rematch with the Celtics in the postseason.

He didn't say it exactly in the locker room after the game but his point was clear. You could see it in his eyes and in his body language. In a way, LeBron may have even been OK that the Celtics won the game.

The Cavs certainly have some issues to deal with but it didn't take the Celtics to remind him. It just gave something for Boston to chirp about and it seems LeBron is welcoming it

"This game has lost a little bit of that over the years," LeBron said, "All the talking and teams not liking one another. That is what I figured out last year when I walked off the court in Orlando. People were mad that I didn't shake hands. Why should I be happy? I'm disgusted that I lost. That is what the game has lost."

Translation I: "I look forward to seeing these gentlemen again and getting into it with them full bore."

Translation II: "While I'm pounding my chest, I'm still not sorry about bolting the floor in Orlando."

LeBron, it seems to me, has never felt in a better place with the Celtics than after this game. That may seem weird, the Cavs lost and free throws were a problem and so was poise. You know, the stuff that bites back in the playoffs? But LeBron didn't care...at all.

The Cavs were just 2-2 against the Celtics this season after having a winning record against all the East contenders and most of the West ones.

But that doesn't seem to concern LeBron in the least. Why? Because he averaged 36.5 points in the four games against the Celtics this season and he completely imposed his will on this game on an afternoon when he wasn't even playing well. He knows he can beat Boston's defense when he wants to and he knows that he's got more help than he's ever had.

He finds it comical that Garnett will run his mouth when LeBron scored over him routinely in the fourth quarter when Garnett was supposed to be defending the basket. He finds it reassuring that it took the Celtics to have one of their best games in weeks to barely beat the Cavs at home without Shaquille O'Neal and Anderson Varejao. Varejao, by the way, is the hardest player for the Celtics to deal with after LeBron.

And LeBron, which he showed by his mood after the game, knows that any fear he had of TD Garden is gone after the two games here in the last month

jackdawson
04-04-2010, 08:20 PM
KG would get into Shaq's face too. KG aint scared of no one!

NO way!!

dtmagnet
04-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Aye yo aye! Aye dog, you stepped on my sneaker!

Avenged
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
A piece about what James thought of Garnett trash talking from Brian Windhorst column after CAVS/CELTICS game

BOSTON, Mass. -- Thoughts following the Cavs' 117-113 loss to the Celtics:

Somewhere between Tony Allen trash-talking in his face and Kevin Garnett grabbing his crotch while issuing LeBron James a sort of invitation Sunday afternoon, James decided he did indeed want a rematch with the Celtics in the postseason.

He didn't say it exactly in the locker room after the game but his point was clear. You could see it in his eyes and in his body language. In a way, LeBron may have even been OK that the Celtics won the game.

The Cavs certainly have some issues to deal with but it didn't take the Celtics to remind him. It just gave something for Boston to chirp about and it seems LeBron is welcoming it

"This game has lost a little bit of that over the years," LeBron said, "All the talking and teams not liking one another. That is what I figured out last year when I walked off the court in Orlando. People were mad that I didn't shake hands. Why should I be happy? I'm disgusted that I lost. That is what the game has lost."

Translation I: "I look forward to seeing these gentlemen again and getting into it with them full bore."

Translation II: "While I'm pounding my chest, I'm still not sorry about bolting the floor in Orlando."

LeBron, it seems to me, has never felt in a better place with the Celtics than after this game. That may seem weird, the Cavs lost and free throws were a problem and so was poise. You know, the stuff that bites back in the playoffs? But LeBron didn't care...at all.

The Cavs were just 2-2 against the Celtics this season after having a winning record against all the East contenders and most of the West ones.

But that doesn't seem to concern LeBron in the least. Why? Because he averaged 36.5 points in the four games against the Celtics this season and he completely imposed his will on this game on an afternoon when he wasn't even playing well. He knows he can beat Boston's defense when he wants to and he knows that he's got more help than he's ever had.

He finds it comical that Garnett will run his mouth when LeBron scored over him routinely in the fourth quarter when Garnett was supposed to be defending the basket. He finds it reassuring that it took the Celtics to have one of their best games in weeks to barely beat the Cavs at home without Shaquille O'Neal and Anderson Varejao. Varejao, by the way, is the hardest player for the Celtics to deal with after LeBron.

And LeBron, which he showed by his mood after the game, knows that any fear he had of TD Garden is gone after the two games here in the last month

Doesn't even make sense. The writer is just basing this off of Lebrons mood after the game and body language.. :eyebrow:

runforrestrunx9
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
prolly lebron being a cocky *** or KG runnin his mouth

runforrestrunx9
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Aye yo aye! Aye dog, you stepped on my sneaker!

lol

dodie53
04-04-2010, 08:38 PM
arf arf arf

aw aw aw

Corey
04-04-2010, 08:43 PM
It was more funny-**** talking than anything else.

Both sides were laughing about it.

tjlipford
04-04-2010, 08:51 PM
If these two teams meet up in the playoffs it will be an entertaining series. Two teams who greatly respect each other but dont like each other on the court.

RadiantShot
04-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Aye...AYE. YEAH YOU. I GOT YO NUMBER KG. I'M BLACKER AND WE ALL KNOW IT. :guns:

shep33
04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Really I don't think this game meant anything to the Cavs. I'm not a Celts or Cavs fan, but I watched the game, and I saw KG barking. I also watched Lebron absolutely destroy the Celts D anytime he went to the hole, and the Cavs still almost won without Shaq or Varajao. I don't know why KG is talking, especially after blowing a 22 point lead. But that's just who he is I guess. Ray Allen basically saved the Celts today, its such a good thing that they didn't trade him.

carter15
04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Cavs-Celtics in the 2nd round is good to me as a Magic fan. They can beat each other up a bit. Then hopefully we take care of our part and face the winner after.

SA5195
04-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Patrick being funnier than Spongebob.

sargon21
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
kg is such a *****, unbelievable, i hate lebron but kg wayyy more

heathonater
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
kg grabbed lebron's crotch, lmao.

Meth
04-04-2010, 09:25 PM
They were just trash talking.

Simple as that.

Raph12
04-04-2010, 09:28 PM
KG barking like usual and Lebron saying he could've won the game if he "really wanted to"

JJ_JKidd
04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Theyre arguing whos the real thug amongst themselves :facepalm:

shep33
04-04-2010, 09:39 PM
They were arguing over best Foreign Film at the Oscars... trust me i heard it

Young and Stupid
04-04-2010, 09:46 PM
KG barking like usual and Lebron saying he could've won the game if he "really wanted to"

Well-played sir.

CowboysKB24
04-04-2010, 10:20 PM
LeBron wanted KG to sleep over and lick his butt, KG said no he wants analize Shaq tonight.

gerber
04-04-2010, 10:40 PM
who's blacker

lol

sventhedog
04-04-2010, 10:45 PM
no one cares. these 2 players are more concerned about other things instead of basketball. the other talks and screams and taunts like crazy. the other one dances and does everything you'd want to see from a clown.

but the nba tells every fan that screaming stupidly is "being intense" while dancing stupidly is "entertaining the fans." afterall, would you buy jersey or watch a game of an intense player and crowd entertainer or would you prefer the player who dances and screams stupidly?

DP06
04-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Who cooks better? NBA player are prima donna's. They don't fight.

Case in point, Carmelo Anthony against the Knicks a few years back

momoneyyyy
04-04-2010, 10:46 PM
i want to see this playoff series it would be fun..

td0tsfinest
04-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Who's blacker

What's there to debate. KG wins that one. :D

JNA17
04-04-2010, 11:42 PM
about if they were to do something together, which one would be on the bottom or the top?

JNA17
04-04-2010, 11:42 PM

:laugh:

jeter 2
04-04-2010, 11:52 PM
they smushed

Toenail Clipper
04-05-2010, 12:02 AM
who farted

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JDizzle
04-05-2010, 12:02 AM
black people being black

clehmun
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
i'm pretty sure it was about KG trash talking to LBJ saying he can't make FTs when it counts, and KG hit both of his to ice the game.

ARMIN12NBA
04-05-2010, 12:07 AM
KG called out LeBJ for making a horrifically dumb decision and essentially choking in the clutch and LeBJ took offense to that.

JNA17
04-05-2010, 12:07 AM
this thread is hilarious :laugh2:

shep33
04-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Arguing over whether this was an And 1 or not...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siNxz63BHec

MattColby
04-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Who should be the one who does the baby powder pre game ritual.

Definitely this.

/Thread

shep33
04-05-2010, 12:22 AM
They were arguing over Einstein's Theory of Relativity... in particular this lecture in the Urdu language. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFwplcMKOS0

shep33
04-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Since they were playing in Boston they were arguing over the ending of Shutter Island... c'mon this thread can go on for years haha

soonabooma
04-05-2010, 01:01 AM
I think they were arguing over which one is gonna be made into the biggest fool by Kevin Durant in the upcoming years. KG was looking at Lebron saying...."F--- that, it's gonna be you dawg." And Lebron was pointing at him with that little smirk on his face saying "Aw hell no....I ain't want no part of dat." But then they finally agreed on one thing after the game had ended........they looked at each other with just a small bit of mutual respect and they both nodded and at the same time they said...."damn, I'm glad I'm in da eastern conference." :box:

Vee-Rex
04-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Not sure why some people hate some NBA players for trash talking. Larry Bird was one of the worst trash talkers in NBA history. Michael Jordan did a ton of trash talking himself.

It's a game, and these guys are competitive. At the end of the day these guys don't hate each other. Look at some clips of LBJ and KG at the all-star game.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you have ever played basketball in your lives lol.

RadiantShot
04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
I think they were arguing over which one is gonna be made into the biggest fool by Kevin Durant in the upcoming years. KG was looking at Lebron saying...."F--- that, it's gonna be you dawg." And Lebron was pointing at him with that little smirk on his face saying "Aw hell no....I ain't want no part of dat." But then they finally agreed on one thing after the game had ended........they looked at each other with just a small bit of mutual respect and they both nodded and at the same time they said...."damn, I'm glad I'm in da eastern conference." :box:

LMFAO. Haha.

ChiTownCubbies
04-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Well-played sir.

That is probably exactly right. And it upsets me because I see LeBron as a Randy Moss type "I play when I want to" type guy.

alencp3
04-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Bron will beat the hell out of KG anyday.Kg is p***y

philliesfan26
04-05-2010, 11:53 AM
i hate kg he so cocky ever since he won the championship. Lebron would beat the hell out of him no question

Ryan328
04-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Ever since KG got to Boston he's increased the trash talking. I don't remember him like this in Minnesota. I've never been a KG fan. Guess since he's winning now and has a ring he wants to talk.

GunFactor187
04-05-2010, 12:00 PM
They were arguing on who the GOAT should be. Mike James or Mark Blount. LeBron sided with Mike because of their namesake, and KG sided with Blount because they're both big men.

BOSTON617
04-05-2010, 12:17 PM
haha ok so kg talks trash because he got a ring... wtf is LBJ going to be like if he gets a ring that is going to be scary kg times 10!

Punkindrublic03
04-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Why is KG talking trash at all his team is gonna get blasted in the playoffs

sep11ie
04-05-2010, 12:22 PM
They were arguing over what to name their new brand of D-bag.

mikantsass
04-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Tony Allen started it. He was talking **** to lebron. Then the celtics called a timeout and lebron came into their huddle and started talking ****. Of coarse KG was going to get involved. Lebron got fouled and went to the line and KG started jabbing in his ear. Lebron missed the ensuing free throw. Then KG went to the line and Lebron tried to do the same but KG made both shots and they were jabbing back and forth on the way to their benches because a timeout was called. That is all I saw, i didnt see the postgame interviews, handshakes, etc

Melo15
04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
They were arguing over who was dumber, LeBron for taking the worst shot possible or Kevin Garnett for still talking trash yet only being a role player these days. Either way it doesn't matter Celtics will still get destroyed in the playoffs, should make for a fun series to watch though.

krest213
04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
kg being kg, lebron being a punk again.. lol it was just competitiveness i love it, i use to do it all the time when i use to play football, and i still does it when i play basketball at the park.

eugene
04-05-2010, 02:35 PM

C'mon, it's a part of the game and KG has already proved everything like a professional, like an athlete. He has all the rights to do whatever he wants

madiaz3
04-05-2010, 03:42 PM
kg was mad about this no call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdSWMxW1M4

RadiantShot
04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
^
I don't know how Lebron manages to get away with those. He's too quick I guess. Not enough time to watch his feet. ;)

joeboow90
04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
drugs/gambling/guns/*****es

iggypop123
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
who gets to say "anything is possibleeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1

m26555
04-05-2010, 07:23 PM
It's hilarious how everyone just assumes that Garnett started this when it was really LeBron.

When Garnett was shooting his free throws with around a minute left, James was trying to "psyche him out," probably by saying something like "you won't make these," but it didn't work as Garnett hit both free throws. So, Garnett decided to give James a taste of his own medicine while he was shooting free throws, and it worked, as James hit only two of his four final free throws.

Then, as James tried to win the game with that three, Tony Allen said "I stopped you," and LeBron then went into Boston's huddle during the timeout to confront Allen. Garnett stepped in front of James and sent him back to Cleveland's bench. As Garnett iced the game with two free throws, he pointed at LeBron and started mouthing off, and rightfully so.

So, basically, LeBron was being a crybaby (what a surprise), and K.G. put him in his place. It's going to be fun to watch these two teams if they meet in the playoffs.

Reversed86Curse
04-05-2010, 07:42 PM
It's hilarious how everyone just assumes that Garnett started this when it was really LeBron.

When Garnett was shooting his free throws with around a minute left, James was trying to "psyche him out," probably by saying something like "you won't make these," but it didn't work as Garnett hit both free throws. So, Garnett decided to give James a taste of his own medicine while he was shooting free throws, and it worked, as James hit only two of his four final free throws.

Then, as James tried to win the game with that three, Tony Allen said "I stopped you," and LeBron then went into Boston's huddle during the timeout to confront Allen. Garnett stepped in front of James and sent him back to Cleveland's bench. As Garnett iced the game with two free throws, he pointed at LeBron and started mouthing off, and rightfully so.

So, basically, LeBron was being a crybaby (what a surprise), and K.G. put him in his place. It's going to be fun to watch these two teams if they meet in the playoffs.

Well said!:clap:

*Superman*
04-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Who's blacker

LeBron wanted KG to sleep over and lick his butt, KG said no he wants analize Shaq tonight.

:laugh2:

Avenged
04-05-2010, 09:38 PM

I watched the game and totally missed all of that. :speechless:

junion
04-05-2010, 09:55 PM
They were arguing about whether Alice in Wonderland was good or bad.

Seriously, they're probably crap-talking at the end of the game... to TRY to gain mental points when it comes time for the playoffs if they meet.