PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson

NBAfan4life
04-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Is he done being a promising young prospect. He seems to of lost whatever he had with his injuries last season.

m26555
04-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I'd give him another year. He's still probably not 100%.

Ragun
04-04-2010, 11:46 AM
he will be back better next year. his post game is arguably the best in the game.

ragee
04-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Give him time to recover... I am a big fan of Dwight but take the athleticism out and his post game is nothing compared to this guy...

td0tsfinest
04-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I just don't see the desire in him but that may have to do with the fact that the T-Wolves suck so bad.

I still can't see Jefferson and Love playing together. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ended up being traded.

D1JM
04-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I dont think he has adjusted to the Triangle offense. The triangle isnt as easy as the lakers make it seem.

Lindystud36
04-04-2010, 12:17 PM
He will get traded this season to a team looking for a legit center with draft picks, Miami or Thunder. Or the if Minnesota decides to just dump him then he wil be a knick traded for Eddy Curries Expiring contract.

D1JM
04-04-2010, 12:21 PM
He will get traded this season to a team looking for a legit center with draft picks, Miami or Thunder. Or the if Minnesota decides to just dump him then he wil be a knick traded for Eddy Curries Expiring contract.

last time i checked jefferson was a legit PF not a Center

lance008
04-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I am a dying hard (sic) T-Wolves fan and I can definitely tell you the guy has the passion. It truely is the combo of the injury, the team, and, as mentioned above, the triangle offense that has made it difficult for him to return to form. The entire team has complained about how confusing the offense is, Kevin Love being the most outspoken.

Give him some time to fully recover and for the Wolves to get some other talent and he'll be playing all-star caliber ball again.

GetDenarded
04-04-2010, 12:32 PM

His value has slipped, but he certainly is more valuable than an expiring contract.

He'll wind up being packaged along with a pick for a legitimate wing.

cantstopthee
04-04-2010, 12:38 PM
last time i checked jefferson was a legit PF not a Center

hes a center...

Kyben36
04-04-2010, 12:42 PM
the system he is in doesnt help him either, or the team.

slack_justin
04-04-2010, 12:45 PM
The pistons would gladly take him.

Hellcrooner
04-04-2010, 12:53 PM
He needs to play PF wich is what he truly is.

Also i think the injury has taken a toll on his game.

And we should not forget that he simply was looking better than he Is in reality because of inflated stats on a bad team

Hawkeye15
04-04-2010, 12:56 PM
injury recovery took half the season, and decreased minutes due to Minnesota wanting to develop this season, and of course the new offense, which is not condusive to his style of play. I wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson is not on the Wolves roster next season.
And his numbers werent inflated, look at his efficiency offensively. He is arguably the most dominant block scorer in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2010, 12:57 PM
hes a center...

Hollins and Milicic play that role almost exclusively. Jefferson and Love share the floor together for around 10 mpg.

GetDenarded
04-04-2010, 01:04 PM
hes a center...

Ideally, he's a PF.

Twinsfan24
04-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Hes terrible Ya im gonna hear it from all of you guys, Dont care. The Guy is a black hole. Cant pass out of a double team, Very Rarely does he hit a jump shot. The only way he scores is if gets some one to fall for one of his 500 pump fakes. He doesnt rebound like a 6'11 guy should. Honestly I hope We trade him this offseason. I dont think he is the forward/center whatever he plays Of our future.

LeBroom
04-04-2010, 01:12 PM
When a guy averaged 47 points, 18 rebounds and 7 blocks a game in High School...

You definitely know HE's got game.

Wait for it, Big Al will bounce back next season. But probably not in a Timberwolves uniform. I can see him being traded to a Team like the Nets, who think they can land a MAX FA, but they can't... so they will sort of panic and trade for Al Jeff and absorb his contract with the cap space. There are other teams who can do that as well.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Hes terrible Ya im gonna hear it from all of you guys, Dont care. The Guy is a black hole. Cant pass out of a double team, Very Rarely does he hit a jump shot. The only way he scores is if gets some one to fall for one of his 500 pump fakes. He doesnt rebound like a 6'11 guy should. Honestly I hope We trade him this offseason. I dont think he is the forward/center whatever he plays Of our future.

dude, cmon. If he is not doubled deep in the post, its a basket 10/10 times. Is he a black hole? Yes. But he has the best footwork on the low block in the NBA
And his rebounding isn't all that bad actually. He is just a terrible passer, doesn't defend, and holds the ball too much for the triangle to work. On top of that, Love is better imo, and needs those minutes. So Big Al would be shipped off if it were up to me

NBAfan4life
04-04-2010, 02:06 PM

I used to think he was the guy for the future, but I dont anymore. He rarely plays the way he used to.

Now dont get me wrong Love is not the answer either but being a small market will probably ship Al and keep love

GetDenarded
04-04-2010, 02:23 PM
He reminds me of a poor mans Tim Duncan. He doesn't do anything flashy, but he gets the job done. With that being said, we don't have the cast here in Minnesota that Duncan has had in San Antone. Jefferson can not be the best player on a good team, and he currently probably is the best player on our team.

footballer2369
04-04-2010, 02:31 PM
He's Zach Randolph + more inside- some outside and - some rebounding...

THE MTL
04-04-2010, 02:47 PM
He has been injured most of the season. Al Jefferson will be back to 20-10 next season.

SwaggaIke
04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
dude, cmon. If he is not doubled deep in the post, its a basket 10/10 times. Is he a black hole? Yes. But he has the best footwork on the low block in the NBA
And his rebounding isn't all that bad actually. He is just a terrible passer, doesn't defend, and holds the ball too much for the triangle to work. On top of that, Love is better imo, and needs those minutes. So Big Al would be shipped off if it were up to me

Tell that to Udonis Haslem. Jefferson needs to be dealt this offseason. Love & Darko would be a nightmare w/ triangle principles. Add a wing that can actually shoot (don't give me that Brewer b.s) and the Wolves would be on to something.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Tell that to Udonis Haslem. Jefferson needs to be dealt this offseason. Love & Darko would be a nightmare w/ triangle principles. Add a wing that can actually shoot (don't give me that Brewer b.s) and the Wolves would be on to something.

Brewer? While Wolves fans enjoy his finishing skills, and hustle, by no means do any of us beleive he is a legit starter on a good team. He isn't even an average NBA player.
Jefferson's rebounding is down for various reasons. He is no longer a dominant rebounder, his rate is 16.1%, vs being a top 25 rebounder the last 2 years. Love being there snatching up rebounds hurts him individually, and Milicic has recently as well.
I do agree though, and would love to get some high value for Big Al, and draft Turner if we get the #2 pick. Milicic and Love are built for the triangle, and we could simply bring Pekovic over to fill out at PF

SirCalvin81
04-04-2010, 04:28 PM
hes gna b a beast