PDA

View Full Version : How will the thunder do in the playoffs

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Now that my team OKC has finally clinched a playoff berth it's time to start debating on how will they fare in the post-season.. A lot of you and myself look at them as an up and coming team that's very young and a little inexperienced team. But look at like this we have the 2 best scorer in the league this year in KD, Westbrook is playing his best ball since the second half of the season and Green get you solid points any where around 15-27... And the fact that we are in the brutal Western Conference where to me there's no real dominant team not even the lakers.. Some may disagree with this, But how i feel is that okc can at least get out of the first round and maybe can reach conference finals. That's my opinion we have beaten every Western playoff team this year i think well you guys tell me what you think.. What ever happens i'm proud of OKC

NYK_kidd77
04-04-2010, 02:09 AM
I know i wouldn't want to be the ones facing them.

Toenail Clipper
04-04-2010, 02:22 AM
If Lakers faced them, Lakers are doomed! They're gonna get blown out by 20 points.

blackjack_119
04-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Their lack of physicality will be exposed in the playoffs. They will lose in the first round, but gain valuable experience for next season.

E.O.21
04-04-2010, 03:06 AM
They will suck ***.. im willing to sig bet with anyone

JayW_1023
04-04-2010, 03:15 AM
I think their youth will show in the money season.

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Their lack of physicality will be exposed in the playoffs. They will lose in the first round, but gain valuable experience for next season.

What do you mean lack physicality i hope not defense wise because we are one of the top teams only allowing 96.7 points a game and 44.4 percent FG.. And also only allowing 33.5 3 point pct.. and even 1.2 oppenent turnover rating. We are playing great D... okay here's the run down ranked 9 in opp points per game, 5 in opp FG percent ranked 2 in opp 3 point percent, ranked 12 in offense rebounds ranked 6 in defensive rebounds. Our opp ranked 24 in offense
rebounds and 10 in defensive rebounds..

Sadds The Gr8
04-04-2010, 03:32 AM
They will lose in the 1st round. I think their interior will be heavily EXPOSED in the playoffs. They have absolutely no Centre and a team like Utah or Phoenix with elite Bigs would crush them IMO. Another thing is that they're in the west, and all of those playoff teams have playoff experience except them, and that will be a factor. Like blackjack said, they'll gain valuable playoff experience though.

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 03:33 AM

Come on man are you kidding me we will suck *** .. Okay the thunder are that bad who's your team and i hope there playing in the post-season..

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 03:37 AM
They will lose in the 1st round. I think their interior will be heavily EXPOSED in the playoffs. They have absolutely no Centre and a team like Utah or Phoenix with elite Bigs would crush them IMO. Another thing is that they're in the west, and all of those playoff teams have playoff experience except them, and that will be a factor. Like blackjack said, they'll gain valuable playoff experience though.

But we are are still beating all those teams you named it's funny

Jahari Kavi
04-04-2010, 03:48 AM
I think they could beat anyone in the West in the series, outside of the Lakers..........I don't think their lack of physicality will be a problem with teams like Dallas, Utah, San Antonio, Denver, etc. who are not that "physical" themselves.....

Jahari Kavi
04-04-2010, 03:49 AM

what physically imposing bigs do the Jazz and Suns have????

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 03:54 AM

As a fan i agree we could use that Center that intimadates . But really i'm not scared of any of the west teams sorry..

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 04:00 AM
The best defensive team in the West to me is denver they gave us the most trouble this season... But they been on a decline the last couple of games..

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 04:03 AM
The best defensive team in the West to me is denver they gave us the most trouble this season... But they been on a decline the last couple of games..

then again maybe not denver it's us OKC

_KB24_
04-04-2010, 04:55 AM
First round exit. Every other Western Conference team has superior bigs, I think they would get demolished down low.

alencp3
04-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Cavs in 5 against OKC in finals

dougie5627
04-04-2010, 07:10 AM
i love okc and all and durant and westbrook could compete with the best players in any west team but they have no big banging center. you look around and all the centers in the west like to work inside and hit the glass except the jazz who got milsap and boozer who do it to. la- bynum den-nene por- camby dallas- damp and haywood spurs- blair and duncan phx- lopez and stat. green and kristic cant compete with constant beating up imo playoffs more physical but they will scare a team or beat get put out first 2 rounds imo

magichatnumber9
04-04-2010, 09:28 AM
What scares me is that I dont know how they will do. For christs sake they could actually win a championship. Nobody thought Boston was gonna win it the first season with the big three.

Raoul Duke
04-04-2010, 10:06 AM
They've played great and they deserve a lot of credit, but they're inexperienced all over and undersized down low. Those aren't traits that you want in a ployoff team.

Baller1
04-04-2010, 10:26 AM
This is the golden question.

I can't wait to find out how we play. I'm actually more excited to see who we play in the first round.

Chill_Will_24
04-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Dont you love when a particular teams fan posts a thread wanting a particular response in the favor of his team but gets upset when people give him their honest unbiased answers? Bro your team doesent have a good center. You gotta understand the playoffs are a different beast. Its a 7 Game series. Team like the Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, Suns, will eat you alive in a series because they will utilize their bigs. I love Durant. I think top 5 player in the league, but when the intensity of the playoffs cranks up i see their youth faltering. All this being said i see them exiting in the second round

Sports Illustrator
04-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I think they have a legit chance of getting past the 1st round, but I do think they will have problems against the Lakers if they do end up playing them. Even though the Thunder do not really have big man presence in the frontcourt, they can certainly contend as their record shows.

Baller1
04-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Dont you love when a particular teams fan posts a thread wanting a particular response in the favor of his team but gets upset when people give him their honest unbiased answers? Bro your team doesent have a good center. You gotta understand the playoffs are a different beast. Its a 7 Game series. Team like the Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, Suns, will eat you alive in a series because they will utilize their bigs. I love Durant. I think top 5 player in the league, but when the intensity of the playoffs cranks up i see their youth faltering. All this being said i see them exiting in the second round

The problem is, people put too much into the fact that we don't have a center. If that's the case, then look at it this way. The Thunder haven't had a dominant center all year. Not since our first win against the Kings, and not last night when we won IN Dallas. The Thunder win because of defense; more specifically, team defense. The Thunder play incredible defense, AS A TEAM. And that's what makes this team so incredible. For a group of extremely young players to come together and realize it's about defense, and not about showing off is what makes this team so unique. And Scott Brooks and Kevin Durant can be credited for this. Most would expect a player in Durant's position to start "ego trippin" and let the fame sway him in the wrong direction. But instead? Durant has grouped this team together and displayed leadership that I've never seen from a 21 year old.

Do I expect a championship this season? No; although that'd be badass. Do I expect this team to go out every night and play their hearts out? Yeah, they've done it all season and the playoffs should only filter more drive into these kids. This is their chance to show the nation what they're about because everyone will be watching their games, and this is when people will finally realize that they are for real.

So to sum it up, tough team defense and Kevin Durant will carry this team through the playoffs... However far that may be.

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 12:04 PM
The problem is, people put too much into the fact that we don't have a center. If that's the case, then look at it this way. The Thunder haven't had a dominant center all year. Not since our first win against the Kings, and not last night when we won IN Dallas. The Thunder win because of defense; more specifically, team defense. The Thunder play incredible defense, AS A TEAM. And that's what makes this team so incredible. For a group of extremely young players to come together and realize it's about defense, and not about showing off is what makes this team so unique. And Scott Brooks and Kevin Durant can be credited for this. Most would expect a player in Durant's position to start "ego trippin" and let the fame sway him in the wrong direction. But instead? Durant has grouped this team together and displayed leadership that I've never seen from a 21 year old.

Do I expect a championship this season? No; although that'd be badass. Do I expect this team to go out every night and play their hearts out? Yeah, they've done it all season and the playoffs should only filter more drive into these kids. This is their chance to show the nation what they're about because everyone will be watching their games, and this is when people will finally realize that they are for real.

So to sum it up, tough team defense and Kevin Durant will carry this team through the playoffs... However far that may be.

That's the key word team defense i should of mention this when i first posted

m26555
04-04-2010, 12:07 PM
What scares me is that I dont know how they will do. For christs sake they could actually win a championship. Nobody thought Boston was gonna win it the first season with the big three.
Plenty of people had Boston winning it that year; I know I did. You can't compare a team whose big three consists of three kids in their lower 20s to a team that has three established all-time greats on its roster. The two scenarios are entirely different.

sleepercell3
04-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Dont be sad because you are a Cleavland fan who knows your prescious Lebron James is gone next season or a cocky NY knicks fan who hasnt witnessed a championship for his team yet :p

Joshtd1
04-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Depends who they play. IMO if they play against a team like Dallas or Portland, who doesnt have a good post player, they have a good chance of winning..but regardless, I think their youth and inexperience will make them a 1st round exit.

They remind me of Blazers last year.

LALakersKC
04-04-2010, 12:33 PM
2nd round maybe...

Rego247
04-04-2010, 12:35 PM

yea but dude thats the big 3, proven players, kg had been to the playoffs allen had playoff experience as well, prior to boston

their best player kd has player, has 0 playoff games, they dont have the experience, in the post season thats all that matters.

no matter who they'll face they'll lose, just a question, in how many games

Lakersfan2483
04-04-2010, 12:36 PM
First round exit

JDizzle
04-04-2010, 12:44 PM
they will shock the world and get to the finals kd=mj.

Sadds The Gr8
04-04-2010, 12:46 PM
You know that playoff basketball is different right? Just because they're beating western conference top teams u think they'll just advance? Look at Portland last year....they owned LA in the reg season and still lost in the playoffs to Houston. Playoff experience is a huge factor....

what physically imposing bigs do the Jazz and Suns have????

Amar'e? Boozer? Did I have to answer this? Well how about some other bigs from the west...Pau/Bynum, Duncan...

You guys think Jeff Green (an undersized 4) and Nenad Krstic can handle these guys? You're kidding me.

Sadds The Gr8
04-04-2010, 12:48 PM

Thank you...u give an honest opinion and they get mad...
IT'S A SPORTS FORUM PEOPLE! If everyone agreed this site would be boring as hell...
.like wtf do people expect? For everyone to say "OH YES, THAT OKC WILL GO TO THE FINALS!"

Please...

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I like center Etan Thomas he's a big physical center but doesn't get a whole lot of minutes... Should see more in the play-offs

raidernation81
04-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Thank you...u give an honest opinion and they get mad...
IT'S A SPORTS FORUM PEOPLE! If everyone agreed this site would be boring as hell...
.like wtf do people expect? For everyone to say "OH YES, THAT OKC WILL GO TO THE FINALS!"

Please...

I like the responses unbiased or biased that's why love basketball around this time and + is OKC has made it.. That's my team that's why i'm biased but love the responses.

Evolution23
04-04-2010, 12:58 PM
The Thunder will upset anyone exc ept the lakers or Nuggets

soonabooma
04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Based on the way we've been playing lately overall, it seems like we can play with anybody right now, even while not having a dominant big man. Obviously, the playoffs are different and our youth/inexperience could really hurt us against some of the better teams in the West. But right now, I would say that we're about as feared and respected as anybody in the league becuz of the toughness, desire, determination, and ability to keep our composure about as well as anybody. That's pretty impressive for a team that is basically still a baby in the league. There are teams in the league right now that are telling themselves "we could beat these guys in a series.......but I don't necessarily wanna face them." And that's cool. We're young, fast, and dangerous, and people are starting to recognize that. We're not an easy out anymore, no matter who the opponent is. We're earning respect in a big way. So whatever happens this year, we can be proud of our team, and know that we're gonna get better every year. We're gonna win something special one day. :cool:

macc
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I think they willl lost in the first round reguardless of who they will play. I think their lack of a front door will be extrememly exposed.

iFYouSeekAmy
04-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Golden State shocked Dallas..

And only 1 or 2 players had playoff experience.

E.O.21
04-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Dont be sad because you are a Cleavland fan who knows your prescious Lebron James is gone next season or a cocky NY knicks fan who hasnt witnessed a championship for his team yet :p

:laugh2: right knicks :laugh2:... ok i overreacted alittle they wont suck *** but first round exit for sure

E.O.21
04-04-2010, 09:15 PM
they will shock the world and get to the finals kd=mj.

UMMM YEAH... stop lying to yourself like that man

sventhedog
04-04-2010, 11:16 PM
durant & co. has been very impressive. but if you look at how the young teams have fared in the playoffs the last decade, they might not make it past 1st round. i've become a fan of durant but i can't be biased since experience really plays a role.

they have a great future but it's also important to note that since they have mostly very young players, who as most other young players is looking for a huge contract instead of just a championship, they can't be sure that they can hold on to everyone after their rookie contracts expire.

valade16
04-04-2010, 11:45 PM

Really, beating them all eh?

1-3 vs. Lakers
2-2 vs. Dallas
1-2 vs. Portland
1-3 vs. Spurs
1-2 vs. Denver
1-1 vs. Pheonix
3-0 vs. Utah

Literally the only team you've been able to beat more than they've beat you is Utah...

Your a combined 10-13 against West playoff teams.

And you still have 4 tough games against the Jazz, Nuggets, Blazers, and Suns, think you'll come through all that without at least 2 losses?...

Sorry Thunder, your a nice story but your going to get bounced in the first round...

JNA17
04-04-2010, 11:46 PM
2nd round exit, if they face the lakers or dallas, then first round exit

DeyAce
04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
One and done, sadly but good playoff expereince.

Chill_Will_24
04-05-2010, 12:06 AM
The only team i have you beating in the playoffs are Dallas and Portland

DeyAce
04-05-2010, 12:11 AM
The only team i have you beating in the playoffs are Dallas and Portland

No way they beat Dallas. Maybe Portland.

valade16
04-05-2010, 01:29 AM
No way they beat Dallas. Maybe Portland.

How do you figure Portland? Their 1-2 vs. them this year, and Portland has Batum, whose as long as Durant and plays good D. And they have great interior presence on D and good shooting wings. Portland would win in a series, who's gonna guard Roy??!!

Durant is shooting 35% against Portland this year, not very good.

Who else could win that series for OKC?

soonabooma
04-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Really, beating them all eh?

1-3 vs. Lakers
2-2 vs. Dallas
1-2 vs. Portland
1-3 vs. Spurs
1-2 vs. Denver
1-1 vs. Pheonix
3-0 vs. Utah

Literally the only team you've been able to beat more than they've beat you is Utah...

Your a combined 10-13 against West playoff teams.

And you still have 4 tough games against the Jazz, Nuggets, Blazers, and Suns, think you'll come through all that without at least 2 losses?...

Sorry Thunder, your a nice story but your going to get bounced in the first round...

Hey, we've done pretty good for being probably the youngest team in the West, or damn close. This time next year that 10-13 will look more like 16-7. This is just the beginning, and next year is when we'll really make some noise. We're gonna be running teams silly, but next year we'll be a little better about finishing. This team has blown early leads and lost heartbreaking games, but on the other hand...we've shown great composure in quite a few games as well, and beaten some damn good teams all throughout this season. It's just a simple matter of youth and inexperience. All teams go through it, but this team is clearly progressing at a much faster rate than most young teams do. The league just needs to be aware that the Thunder are coming.:cool:

Baller1
04-05-2010, 03:00 AM
How do you figure Portland? Their 1-2 vs. them this year, and Portland has Batum, whose as long as Durant and plays good D. And they have great interior presence on D and good shooting wings. Portland would win in a series, who's gonna guard Roy??!!

Durant is shooting 35% against Portland this year, not very good.

Who else could win that series for OKC?

Who's gonna guard Roy?

Apparently you've never heard of Thabo Sefolosha.