PDA

View Full Version : Could Nets end up with Evan Turner and John Wall?

DR. Pepper
04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
with the nets most likely having the #1 pick and talks of John Wall returning to school could the nets end up with Turner and Wall? if Wall returned to school evan turner would be the most logical pick for nj at 1. if the nets did draft evan turner he still isnt enough to lift this nets team from the basement of the nba. so with that beong said the nets may also have the #1 pick next year and would be able to draft john wall.
if it went down like this how do you see the nets franchise coming along? how good would the Wall/Turner/Lopez trio be? and what would become of Devin Harris? Let me know what you think.

randomness
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I haven't heard any talks about Wall returning to school and I doubt he would.. but I think I saw an article not too long ago about Turner wanting to return to school for next year. Anyways, they would definitely draft Wall with the #1 then in the case that Turner goes back to school but with Wall, Brook, Harris, CDR, Lee and some decent free agents, they wouldn't have any chance to get that #1 overall pick in 2011 really.. so I doubt this would happen. But if we were talking "what if", the Nets would probably go with a Wall-Harris-Turner-?-Lopez lineup which would eventually dominate.

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 08:36 PM
with the nets most likely having the #1 pick and talks of John Wall returning to school could the nets end up with Turner and Wall? if Wall returned to school evan turner would be the most logical pick for nj at 1. if the nets did draft evan turner he still isnt enough to lift this nets team from the basement of the nba. so with that beong said the nets may also have the #1 pick next year and would be able to draft john wall.
if it went down like this how do you see the nets franchise coming along? how good would the Wall/Turner/Lopez trio be? and what would become of Devin Harris? Let me know what you think.

This requires too much thinking. I dont want to use my brain cells to figure out how this is even possible.

Montana_Rob
04-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I will guarantee that John Wall will not return for his sophomore season.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Why would Wall reject a what is sure to be a guaranteed #1 selection and $4-5 million to return to school?

The only way they can get both is if they land the #1 and trade Harris for the 2nd.

momoneyyyy
04-03-2010, 08:47 PM
they said that he is good student and didnt think colloge would be this fun..

prodigy
04-03-2010, 08:48 PM
It would be so funny if Turner and Wall returned to school.

BradyIsTheMan12
04-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Players do this a lot. Greg Oden said he enjoyed college a lot and was pondering staying but he eventually left. John Wall and Evan Turner will go pro this season...end of discussion.

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Hes not coming back. Unlike Evan Turner, if Turner returns to Ohio State they will be the odds on favorite to win a National Championship. If Wall returns to Kentucky, they'll be lucky to reach the Elite Eight again.

prodigy
04-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Hes not coming back. Unlike Evan Turner, if Turner returns to Ohio State they will be the odds on favorite to win a National Championship. If Wall returns to Kentucky, they'll be lucky to reach the Elite Eight again.

True. Turner is the only one who might return. Most likely not though.

BlazingInferno
04-03-2010, 08:57 PM

The Nets have a 25% chance at the first pick buddy.

BradyIsTheMan12
04-03-2010, 08:57 PM

That's just absurd. The way Kentucky is built is every year they reload, with Wall and the new batch of NBA players Callipari's team would be the favorites. The system blows but this will always happen.

JermanJaysFan
04-03-2010, 09:03 PM
The Nets have a 25% chance at the first pick buddy.

Which, out of every team in the lottery, makes them the most likely to win?

ManRam
04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
The nets with or without John Wall are not going to be a bottom 5 team. They'll have a very low shot at the #1

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 09:09 PM
That's just absurd. The way Kentucky is built is every year they reload, with Wall and the new batch of NBA players Callipari's team would be the favorites. The system blows but this will always happen.

Not this upcoming season. There is no John Wall or Demarcus Cousins walking through that door to add to an already Lottery pick in Patrick Patterson to take the Kentucky team to the next level.

If Wall returns he'll have a team full of freshmen around him. Poole, Kanter, Leslie, etc. The likes of Cousins, Patterson, Orton, and Dodson have declared/are expected to declare for the 2010 NBA Draft.

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
The nets with or without John Wall are not going to be a bottom 5 team. They'll have a very low shot at the #1

Has that happened in the NBA post-Lottery?

I think they stopped that after the Rockets tanked for Hakeem Olajuwon after picking Ralph Sampson.

BradyIsTheMan12
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Not this upcoming season. There is no John Wall or Demarcus Cousins walking through that door to add to an already Lottery pick in Patrick Patterson to take the Kentucky team to the next level.

If Wall returns he'll have a team full of freshmen around him. Poole, Kanter, Leslie, etc. The likes of Cousins, Patterson, Orton, and Dodson have declared/are expected to declare for the 2010 NBA Draft.

My point wasn't that I believe Kentucky's core will be around for another year; my point was that players like Leslie will end up being enough talent that having Wall means you can go deep. A team with Wall next year is not going to be lucky to make the elite 8 lol

HouRealCoach
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
The Nets have a ton of money and Im sure they will use it this summer

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
My point wasn't that I believe Kentucky's core will be around for another year; my point was that players like Leslie will end up being enough talent that having Wall means you can go deep. A team with Wall next year is not going to be lucky to make the elite 8 lol

PG- Wall
SG- Poole
SF- Miller
PF- Leslie
C- Kanter(He has to go through the NCAA clearinghouse)

Thats 3 freshmen who aren't projected 1 & Done gamechanger type of players with John Wall at PG. You're overrating Wall and underrating the impact Patterson and Cousins brought to that team. Without Cousins and Patterson, Kentucky would have been a bubble team at best.

Wall would be supremely idiotic to return for another year. The blonde co-eds throwing their poonany at him like bees to a honeysuckle is not worth returning, $4-5 Million + Nike endorsement money will get you a R&B singer or B-list actress.

Swashcuff
04-03-2010, 09:28 PM
why would the guy who is widely regarded as the BEST player in the draft and is undoubtedly going to be the #1 overall pick no matter who gets the pick go back to college for another year? Dumb thread bump

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
why would the guy who is widely regarded as the BEST player in the draft and is undoubtedly going to be the #1 overall pick no matter who gets the pick go back to college for another year? Dumb thread bump

It makes no sense, not unless Cousins and Patterson each return with him and they make it their mission to win a Championship.

I can realistically understand Turner returning since hes a Junior, and he is the key piece between Ohio State being a Top 20 team without him and being the unquestioned #1 team with him. Like when Hansbrough came back for his Senior year, although he actually went higher than expected when he did so.

Swashcuff
04-03-2010, 09:37 PM
It makes no sense, not unless Cousins and Patterson each return with him and they make it their mission to win a Championship.

I can realistically understand Turner returning since hes a Junior, and he is the key piece between Ohio State being a Top 20 team without him and being the unquestioned #1 team with him. Like when Hansbrough came back for his Senior year, although he actually went higher than expected when he did so.

It would have made more sense if the OP said Turner returned. Since Wall committed to Kentucky everyone was saying that he'd be #1 overall.

The last very good highly touted lottery pick that went back to school for another year after he was projected to go in the top 5 at the time is Joakim Noah and that was 1. because he returned with all his buddies in an attempt to repeat and 2. his parents are wealthy and he didn't really need the money from the NBA at the time.

The idea of Wall returning is absolutely absurd.

PBG
04-03-2010, 11:50 PM

because getting paid 4+ million a year and having white broads all over you isnt fun right?

dtmagnet
04-04-2010, 12:02 AM
No projected #1 pick will return to school.

RaptorizedKevin
04-04-2010, 12:19 AM
would be great for the nets. draft wall. trade harris/ lee for turner.

John wall
Evan Turner
someone
Li jinlian
Brook lopez.

with a yung core like this , it could be a very good team in years to come. plus they will get another hig hpic the next year after this, and have cap space to sign a decent free agent prospect.

spoonhoops
04-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Could be a great core, but I doubt No one with the #2 pick gives up Turner for a couple of under performers.

DR. Pepper
04-04-2010, 11:06 AM
well im pretty sure patterson was a senior so he would not be back.. cousins could come back to develop his offensive game a little more but i doublt it. if wall doesnt come out id be shocked tho.. but if turner returns and the nets suck this could be a possibility

Nighthawk
04-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Wall and Turner cant stay.. They are sure fire top 3 picks. To much guaranteed dough to risk to go back to school and getting injured.

If there was no rules in place Turner and Wall probably would have made the jump from high school
\
They will both be in the NBA next.

JDizzle
04-04-2010, 12:43 PM
turner might return to school as well and who is to say nets are getting number 1 all of a sudden they want to win games and they have 11 wins the t-wolves have 15 there not a clear cut number 1

uchiha
04-04-2010, 12:44 PM
No projected #1 pick will return to school.

unless you are Sam Bradford

slack_justin
04-04-2010, 12:50 PM
i think turner is better than wall either way.

nuggetsyankees
04-04-2010, 01:13 PM
The odds of them winning 2 #1 overall picks is highly unlikely...they probably won't even win it this year

JDizzle
04-04-2010, 01:41 PM
The odds of them winning 2 #1 overall picks is highly unlikely...they probably won't even win it this year
true this:clap:

Rskinz101
04-04-2010, 02:32 PM
The Nets may not even get 1st because of the lottery and if they do then i would see something a bit more realistic like they draft Wall at #1 and trade Harris, their 2nd round pick which would be the 1st pick in that round and next years 1st but i highly doubt this would happen.

koreancabbage
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM
you know the odds are still against them lol

they have a 75% of NOT winning the lottery right?

heathonater
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
what sucks for the nets is that if wall and turner bot declare for the draft, they have a shot at not landing either one of these players as the lottery system seems to screw the worst team in the league each year.

blackjack_119
04-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Even if a team has the highest probability to win the lottery both seasons, that would only give them 25% chance to win it each draft. The odds of hitting two 25% chances in a row... 6.25%. So it is very doubtful that they will get both Wall and Turner.

td0tsfinest
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought turner was going to return to school and wall was entering the draft.

Chill_Will_24
04-05-2010, 12:19 AM
I think the NBA Lottery is a hoax. John Wall will go where Stern sees the most profitability for the league. But as far as getting both he and turner... idk. I can see it happening but its unlikely. Only if we land the first and a team like the Wizards who need a PG get the second. We can trade Harris for the pick. They need a PG bad so they will probably do it gladly seeing as Turner is hit or miss.