PDA

View Full Version : David Lee drops 37 / 20 / 10 ...

tredigs
04-03-2010, 12:47 AM
... On the Warriors, in a loss. But who cares.

Apparently that's the first time a 30 / 20 / 10 has been dropped on the Warriors since Kareem some 25+ years ago.

I have to say though, I watched the game and the last assist was a pass to Gallo where he pump faked, dribbled and spun before he shot. Probably won't count. Regardless, sick game. Morrow also had a huge night for the Warriors with 35 pts 6 rebs 3 stls on 16/23 shooting.

Impressive.

asandhu23
04-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Curry had that Ricky Rubio-esque pass. That was sick.

tredigs
04-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Side note: Don Nelson is 1 win away from tying Lenny Wilkins for the most wins ever by a head coach. Hopefully he reaches it, and retires on a "high note".

Curry had that Ricky Rubio-esque pass. That was sick.

The one to Maggette? Yeah, that was dirty.

Ragun
04-03-2010, 12:51 AM
props to david lee. he is pretty much at chris bosh's level right now IMHO. bosh has more potential though.

yes i had to change this into a debate thread.

shep33
04-03-2010, 12:53 AM
i was just gonna make this thread. Unreal game

abe_froman
04-03-2010, 12:55 AM
ya know,i'd be more surprised if he(or anyone)didnt put up insane statlines against the warriors this year(just look at jennings)

JnasD
04-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Great game. Lee was unbelievable and Morrow played well.

SwaggaIke
04-03-2010, 12:56 AM
The dude is insanely talented. I respect Lee because of the hard work he's put into developing his game. Hopefully he gets paid accordingly and can slide back into his natural position w/ a solid team this offseason. I'd love to see him in Chicago working the pick and roll w/ Derrick Rose.

asandhu23
04-03-2010, 12:57 AM
The one to Maggette? Yeah, that was dirty.

This is the pass I was talking about ( for people who want to see the sick pass )

http://www.nba.com/video/games/warriors/2010/04/02/0020901130_nyk_gsw_play3.nba/index.html

sf-fanatic
04-03-2010, 12:57 AM
i saw this game lol. the game was all offense gallo almost had a triple double. the undrafted players Williams and Morrow led the warriors and were also ultra efficient.

Ragun
04-03-2010, 01:04 AM
This is the pass I was talking about ( for people who want to see the sick pass )

http://www.nba.com/video/games/warriors/2010/04/02/0020901130_nyk_gsw_play3.nba/index.html

steph curry is very special but that pass wasnt that special. steve nash's behind the back passes are special because he does it in traffic. no one was guarding maggette on that play.

Jenceman
04-03-2010, 01:06 AM
If only he played defense.....

asandhu23
04-03-2010, 01:07 AM
steph curry is very special but that pass wasnt that special. steve nash's behind the back passes are special because he does it in traffic. no one was guarding maggette on that play.

Hey man, he is a rookie. Nash is a proven star. Give Curry a break. Can't wait to see Rubio in NBA. He is famous for these passes

tredigs
04-03-2010, 01:09 AM
i saw this game lol. the game was all offense gallo almost had a triple double. the undrafted players Williams and Morrow led the warriors and were also ultra efficient.

Yeah Reggie Williams was nice and efficient as usual.

23 points 5 rebs 2 ast 3 steals and no turnovers on 11/13 shooting. Warriors signed him through next year, I'm glad they did.

Ragun
04-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Hey man, he is a rookie. Nash is a proven star. Give Curry a break. Can't wait to see Rubio in NBA. He is famous for these passes

true but curry plays like he is a 5 year vet. so that pass isnt anything special. ive seen some nice no-look passes from curry too.

Draco
04-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Deron Williams and Brandon Jennings had ridiculous games against the Warriors this year.. I wonder who else is on that list.

Cromedome
04-03-2010, 01:17 AM
A triple double AND the win? Oh...:facepalm:

asandhu23
04-03-2010, 01:19 AM
A triple double AND the win? Oh...:facepalm:

Win for Warriors. :D

robbnen#31
04-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Hey asandhu, that's odd look who didn't play! haha only if it weren't the knicks

tredigs
04-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Deron Williams and Brandon Jennings had ridiculous games against the Warriors this year.. I wonder who else is on that list.

I don't know. But in other news, the Bulls can't even make the playoffs in the eastern conference.

Boom. Roasted.

PlezPlayDKnicks
04-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Great Game in A Loss,, We dont have a good team but we are awful when our bench comes in the game most nights... Ah well, July here we come..

jackdawson
04-03-2010, 01:33 AM
... On the Warriors, in a loss. But who cares.

Apparently that's the first time a 30 / 20 / 10 has been dropped on the Warriors since Kareem some 25+ years ago.

I have to say though, I watched the game and the last assist was a pass to Gallo where he pump faked, dribbled and spun before he shot. Probably won't count. Regardless, sick game. Morrow also had a huge night for the Warriors with 35 pts 6 rebs 3 stls on 16/23 shooting.

Impressive.

:clap::clap:

Gators rock!!

asandhu23
04-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Hey asandhu, that's odd look who didn't play! haha only if it weren't the knicks

Yeah ok... let's all forget about the Utah game. I think Monta didn't play in that game either, hmmmm....oh and Morrow was the reason we won tonight.

marlinsfan24
04-03-2010, 01:41 AM
:clap::clap:

Gators rock!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

mvb815
04-03-2010, 01:53 AM
props to david lee. he is pretty much at chris bosh's level right now IMHO. bosh has more potential though.

yes i had to change this into a debate thread.

really? no

david lee is playing on a team that is tanking against another team that is tanking onlooking free agency, of course he is going to play superb, but in the end, who really cares?

lee will never sniff bosh's level, lee will never be a legit 2nd or even 3rd option.

Draco
04-03-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't know. But in other news, the Bulls can't even make the playoffs in the eastern conference.

Boom. Roasted.

lol.. don't take it personally, I'm honestly wondering who else had a huge game against the Warriors. No need for getting your panties in a bunch.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-03-2010, 01:56 AM
really? no

david lee is playing on a team that is tanking against another team that is tanking onlooking free agency, of course he is going to play superb, but in the end, who really cares?

lee will never sniff bosh's level, lee will never be a legit 2nd or even 3rd option.

hilarious:facepalm:

mvb815
04-03-2010, 02:01 AM
hilarious:facepalm:

you think lebron and lee could win a title?

or lebron, _____, and lee?

i really don't think so, assuming the 2nd option isn't another superstar.

tredigs
04-03-2010, 02:07 AM
lol.. don't take it personally, I'm honestly wondering who else had a huge game against the Warriors. No need for getting your panties in a bunch.

The Warriors are breeding grounds for career nights. Who knows, there's a lot.

I'm not sour, but if I see an opportunity to bring a fellow PSD'er down in the ship with me, I'm doing it! : ]

Yes, absolutely. Lebron, Manu, David Lee with a aging big like Shaq to boot. Championship caliber team.

daisuke4cy
04-03-2010, 02:08 AM
I know nobodey wants to hear it, but its nice to see a white basketball player "not named Nash or Dirk" have some success in todays game. It gives alot of white kids across this country some hope that they can make it in the nba. Im not trying to turn the topic to race but this is my opinion.

mvb815
04-03-2010, 02:14 AM
The Warriors are breeding grounds for career nights. Who knows, there's a lot.

I'm not sour, but if I see an opportunity to bring a fellow PSD'er down in the ship with me, I'm doing it! : ]

Yes, absolutely. Lebron, Manu, David Lee with a aging big like Shaq to boot. Championship caliber team.

ok that is a best case scenario, put him in a celtics-type example, surround him with a paul pierce and a ray allen type player, put him in KG's roll.

would that win a title?

no

tredigs
04-03-2010, 02:15 AM
I know nobodey wants to hear it, but its nice to see a white basketball player "not named Nash or Dirk" have some success in todays game. It gives alot of white kids across this country some hope that they can make it in the nba. Im not trying to turn the topic to race but this is my opinion.

Surprise surprise, a New Englander / Boston fan likes to see white people succeed!

...haha, I kid. Yeah, it's good to see I guess. They're out there.

A lot of it boils down to the fact that most of the best white athletes prefer baseball and football, while most blacks prefer basketball. It's not as if there aren't a ton of white kids growing up today with the potential to be elite NBA players if they made that their dream and joined AAU teams/played with the best comp out there.

abe_froman
04-03-2010, 02:18 AM

he went to the finals having larry hughes ,i'm pretty sure he could do it with lee

tredigs
04-03-2010, 02:19 AM
ok that is a best case scenario, put him in a celtics-type example, surround him with a paul pierce and a ray allen type player, put him in KG's roll.

would that win a title?

no

Well no, but KG was the anchor of that team when it won its title, or at least an equal to Pierce. And it's not as if that team can win another ring anymore either.

David Lee's good dude. He is going to be averaging somewhere near 20/10 for the next few years regardless of who he's playing with.

CowboysKB24
04-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Hasn't been done since Kareem in 1976.

No player has put up over 30 points, 20 rebounds and 10 assists since 1976, that's nuts.

Raph12
04-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Dwight almost did that last season against OKC in a blowout, could've stayed on the floor and killed it, 30pts-19rbs-10blks

alencp3
04-03-2010, 02:55 AM

yeah he is a sick passer. Pistol Pete copy

NYK_kidd77
04-03-2010, 02:59 AM
really? no

I can understand someone saying a legit 2nd but really not even a 3rd????

SwaggaIke
04-03-2010, 03:15 AM

I'm willing to bet you look as foolish as you sound. Lee has a well rounded game. He can put the ball on the floor, he has a nice 15 foot jumper and he's fundamentally sound in the post. LeBron and Lee would dominate in the pick and roll game. Lee would be a great 2nd guy to any top tier perimeter threat.

toovey107
04-03-2010, 03:57 AM
Lee is a great 3rd option.

Lets not forget he is playing on the Knicks everybody.

heathonater
04-03-2010, 04:37 AM
great stats for my fantasy bball team. he and lebron have definitely carried my fantasy bball team on espn this year.

J-Relo
04-03-2010, 04:45 AM
37, 20 and 10 that's a really incredible stat line... a win would mention him

Mave1002
04-03-2010, 07:16 AM
definitely the best line of the season, so far. :clap:

HOZ THE KNICK
04-03-2010, 07:42 AM
the kid game is only improving if he was black ppl would be saying he's a beast.....that's the truth.

SirCalvin81
04-03-2010, 07:49 AM
those are some sick stats

Corey
04-03-2010, 08:01 AM
This is such a sick stat line.

I just wish he acted like he gave a **** on defense.

effen5
04-03-2010, 08:57 AM
This is such a sick stat line.

I just wish he acted like he gave a **** on defense.

He will once he leaves the Knicks and goes to a team that preaches defense...

I mean come on now...Dantoni and defense?

I would LOVE this kid on my team.

I hope the Knicks do keep him though and make him part of his future though.

jkiddvc20
04-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Come to the Nets Lee!! We will put you back at the 4 and have you next to your friend Lopez!!

Corey
04-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Maybe, but he's literally sidestepping on guys that drive at him in the lane. Maybe he just doesn't want to get in foul trouble or something.

He could be a very legitimate player if he played both ways.

jkiddvc20
04-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Maybe, but he's literally sidestepping on guys that drive at him in the lane. Maybe he just doesn't want to get in foul trouble or something.

He could be a very legitimate player if he played both ways.

I watch a good amount of Knicks games and he does do that but when the other teams guards are constantly blowing by your guards he would foul out everygame.

effen5
04-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I watch a good amount of Knicks games and he does do that but when the other teams guards are constantly blowing by your guards he would foul out everygame.

He just needs a good coach like Pops to teach him defense....Dantoni is just a terrible coach IMO.

jkiddvc20
04-03-2010, 09:42 AM
He just needs a good coach like Pops to teach him defense....Dantoni is just a terrible coach IMO.

One of the most overatted coaches I have ever seen I completely agree.

ShockerArt
04-03-2010, 09:46 AM
All personal stats from games vs the Warriors should be stricken from the record. Their games are like Globetrotters games. Just ask Brandon Jennings.

Hustla23
04-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Lee is monstrously efficient on offense.

There isn't another big in the NBA that can collectively rebound, score, and pass at his level.

A 116 offensive rating and near 18 % Assist rate is great.

It's too bad he doesn't care about defense.

I'd assume playing defense would take away energy from his offensive game. Can't have that now :D

tdunk21
04-03-2010, 01:11 PM
good player on a crappy team

SwaggaIke
04-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Lee cares about defense, but why play it when nobody else is? You can't tell me Lee doesn't care about defense when he got the same coaching as every other Florida big man this decade. Haslem, Noah and Horford all play defense, but they also play it w/ a cause. Why put my body on the line to defend when nobody else is? Put him in a winning situation AND in his natural position and you'll see this man do it on both ends.

Evolution23
04-03-2010, 02:10 PM
good player on a crappy team

u mean like Lebron on the cavs?

Squad13
04-03-2010, 02:16 PM

He went behind the back... I did multiple passes just like that in Jr jazz...

Squad13
04-03-2010, 02:17 PM
u mean like Lebron on the cavs?

How are the cavs crappy? They are built around Lebron and play great D.

td0tsfinest
04-03-2010, 02:17 PM
wow all that and they still lost. The knicks should re-sign David Lee. The guy has always given it his all, throughout all the crappy seasons he's played in.

Hustla23
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Lee cares about defense, but why play it when nobody else is? You can't tell me Lee doesn't care about defense when he got the same coaching as every other Florida big man this decade. Haslem, Noah and Horford all play defense, but they also play it w/ a cause. Why put my body on the line to defend when nobody else is? Put him in a winning situation AND in his natural position and you'll see this man do it on both ends.
He can play defense.

He just chooses not to.

He used to play very tough defense and box out like a mad man his first two years in the league.

Then he realized offensive numbers is what brings in the moolah and he became an offensive machine. At the cost of becoming an offensive machine, defense took a back seat.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I don't care if it was against the Warriors defense or not, that is a spectacular game.

Becks2307
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't care if it was against the Warriors defense or not, that is a spectacular game.

yeah i dont know why people discredit it....if it was SOOO easy then why was he the first player to do it since Kareem?

robbnen#31
04-03-2010, 11:07 PM
The last assist Lee got was kinda bs though, I don't really care that much, but really? I think it was Harrington that got the ball from Lee made a pump fake, followed by a spin move to the hoop.

Nate David+ Co.
04-03-2010, 11:11 PM
He can play defense.

He just chooses not to.

He used to play very tough defense and box out like a mad man his first two years in the league.

Then he realized offensive numbers is what brings in the moolah and he became an offensive machine. At the cost of becoming an offensive machine, defense took a back seat.
lol this is very true. you always see lee "fighting" gallo and AH for rebounds.
yea he used to play defense, but now he is a "superstar":speechless: so he figures he doesn't have too

runforrestrunx9
04-03-2010, 11:13 PM
impressive

mser58
04-03-2010, 11:16 PM
that is awesome

Sadds The Gr8
04-03-2010, 11:19 PM
sick

avrpatsfan
04-03-2010, 11:43 PM
David Lee is very underrated.

showtym24
04-03-2010, 11:57 PM
He did it against GS *Jordan Shrug*

Marques24kobe
04-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Can someone tell why the Knicks dont want to sign this guy longterm?

Immoknight
04-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Wow, this thread is a joke thread. I am sure... the guy is a good player but his stats are inflated to the point where you can't take them seriously. If you watch the guy play, you can see why they are inflated. You know who else rebounds on the team, nobody. Know why, because he would go out of his way to get the rebound from you if you tried to get in the way between him and his rebound. I have seen balls lost because he refused to give anyone else a chance at his precious rebound.

Before he would be feisty on the offensive end, going after loose balls and offensive rebounds like a man possessed. Now he is content to take a jump shot and then go back to not caring on defense after he misses or makes it. He was great early on but now he is just another jump shooting 6'9 player. 20 Rebounds is easy when you go out of the way to grab balls. Know why he doesn't play defense? He is too busy looking at the rim to make sure he is in position to grab the rebound. It's all about stats for him...

He was in a losing effort one game, people thought he cared because he stayed in while other starters left. You know why he stayed in, it's because he was 1 rebound shy of a double double and wanted to get it. He got his rebound and went straight to the bench. I used to be a huge David Lee fan until he became bigger then his game. He is a good player, solid even but he is a stat guy, not a player. Want nice looking stats without any substance then he is your man.

Let me put it this way, he was out one game and we out rebounded the other team. Oh yea, did I mention that he is just too good to box out now? You will never catch him boxing out, EVERRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... he used to box out every time but not anymore. Not that anyone else besides Gallo boxes out, but that's another subject altogether.

I am sorry, once he gets paid, he will become a 20/10 player ala Zach Randolph who was overpaid to be a 1st or 2nd option but can only contribute 1/3rd of what people thought he could. A team will feel lucky to get Lee... then feel unlucky to have him. He will work hard, but that's only to make sure he gets more points. He has become another black hole... more content to force a bad shot then to pass it off to someone else. Now that I think about it. He has turned into Al Harrington in front of our eyes. Eh, tell me otherwise but I know what I see when I look at David "Rebound Hog" Lee.

momoneyyyy
04-04-2010, 03:01 AM
its against the warriors they dont play that much d.

abe_froman
04-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Wow, this thread is a joke thread. I am sure... the guy is a good player but his stats are inflated to the point where you can't take them seriously. If you watch the guy play, you can see why they are inflated. You know who else rebounds on the team, nobody. Know why, because he would go out of his way to get the rebound from you if you tried to get in the way between him and his rebound. I have seen balls lost because he refused to give anyone else a chance at his precious rebound.

Before he would be feisty on the offensive end, going after loose balls and offensive rebounds like a man possessed. Now he is content to take a jump shot and then go back to not caring on defense after he misses or makes it. He was great early on but now he is just another jump shooting 6'9 player. 20 Rebounds is easy when you go out of the way to grab balls. Know why he doesn't play defense? He is too busy looking at the rim to make sure he is in position to grab the rebound. It's all about stats for him...

He was in a losing effort one game, people thought he cared because he stayed in while other starters left. You know why he stayed in, it's because he was 1 rebound shy of a double double and wanted to get it. He got his rebound and went straight to the bench. I used to be a huge David Lee fan until he became bigger then his game. He is a good player, solid even but he is a stat guy, not a player. Want nice looking stats without any substance then he is your man.

Let me put it this way, he was out one game and we out rebounded the other team. Oh yea, did I mention that he is just too good to box out now? You will never catch him boxing out, EVERRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... he used to box out every time but not anymore. Not that anyone else besides Gallo boxes out, but that's another subject altogether.

I am sorry, once he gets paid, he will become a 20/10 player ala Zach Randolph who was overpaid to be a 1st or 2nd option but can only contribute 1/3rd of what people thought he could. A team will feel lucky to get Lee... then feel unlucky to have him. He will work hard, but that's only to make sure he gets more points. He has become another black hole... more content to force a bad shot then to pass it off to someone else. Now that I think about it. He has turned into Al Harrington in front of our eyes. Eh, tell me otherwise but I know what I see when I look at David "Rebound Hog" Lee.
well his adv. stats have always been pretty good(lower in ts,but trends up in per around 20)

and i dunno if its him or if its the culture of being there...i mean similar things were said about crawford and zbo(whom you mentioned),and both became known as team players and did right/good as soon as they left ny