PDA

View Full Version : NBA Meets March Madness *Round 2* - #3 Joe Johnson vs. #11 Andrea Bargnani

KnicksorBust
04-02-2010, 12:01 PM
In an effort to combine two of the greatest creations in the world (the NBA and the NCAA Tournament), a new tournament has been created. The top scoring 64 players (per game) of the current NBA season will be facing off head to head to determine the greatest one on one player in the game today.

Coming out of the Central bracket:
#3 Joe Johnson (Relevant Info: 6'7/240 | Stats: 21.3/4.7/4.9)
vs.
#11 Andrea Bargnani (Relevant Info: 7'0/250 | Stats: 16.9/6.2/1.1)

The games will be to 21 points with 1's and 2's and winners ball. First competitor to earn 21 votes will advance to the next round.

(Editors Note: Check http://manathalon.weebly.com/ to enjoy complete updates on tournament results.)

Ragun
04-02-2010, 12:05 PM
obviously joe but bargnani can probably beat any other big man or at least any other 7 footer.

BlondeBomber41
04-02-2010, 12:09 PM
obviously joe but bargnani can probably beat any other big man or at least any other 7 footer.

There is this 7 foot guy named Dirk Nowitzki who would absolutely torch Andrea Bargnani. Don't know if you have heard of him, but he's pretty good.

dtmagnet
04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
There is this 7 foot guy named Dirk Nowitzki who would absolutely torch Andrea Bargnani. Don't know if you have heard of him, but he's pretty good.

No one cares.

Baller1
04-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Johnson.

BlondeBomber41
04-02-2010, 12:15 PM
No one cares.

Yeah, people do.

To say Bargnani could beat any 7 footer in a game of 1 on 1 is just silly.

jrice9
04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Meant to vote for johnson.

Mistake

Ragun
04-02-2010, 12:20 PM

haha did you not watch the raps vs mavs game in toronto this season? he absolutely torched him. he dropped 3s and dribble around him. dirk couldnt miss a shot. bargnani also has better intangibles than dirk which would give him an advantage in a 1 on 1 game.

KnicksorBust
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Meant to vote for johnson.

Mistake

So far the only vote for Bargnani...

Ragun
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
mavs-raps first game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO-_8HaVEU8

mavs-raps second game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WpGECnscKU

dirk is a better rebounder, shooter, leader, help defender but thats all ill give him.

Ragun
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
So far the only vote for Bargnani...

well its obvious. cause joe can get by bargs anytime he wants or he can just do a step back jumper.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-02-2010, 12:35 PM
My favourite player in the world, Joe Johnson!

KnicksorBust
04-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Raptors fans showing some perspective. Impressive.

Ragun
04-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Raptors fans showing some perspective. Impressive.

every team has stupid biased fans.

BlondeBomber41
04-02-2010, 01:12 PM
haha did you not watch the raps vs mavs game in toronto this season? he absolutely torched him. he dropped 3s and dribble around him. dirk couldnt miss a shot. bargnani also has better intangibles than dirk which would give him an advantage in a 1 on 1 game.

Dirk has a million different offensive moves, a killer fade away shot, can drive... he would kill Bargnani 1 on 1.

Bargnani has better intangibles than Dirk Nowitzki? Arguably the toughest matchup in the entire league and former league MVP?

Dirk regularly torches players who are 10 times the defender that Andrea Bargnani is. It would be a joke.

cubbybear2290
04-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Is this even a contest? I wanna know how Bargnani got outta of the first round.

HoopsDrive
04-02-2010, 01:31 PM
JJ comfortably.

21-13

Ragun
04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Dirk has a million different offensive moves, a killer fade away shot, can drive... he would kill Bargnani 1 on 1.

Bargnani has better intangibles than Dirk Nowitzki? Arguably the toughest matchup in the entire league and former league MVP?

Dirk regularly torches players who are 10 times the defender that Andrea Bargnani is. It would be a joke.

sorry but bargnani is a better driver than dirk. dirk is a better shooter. all his offensive moves are jumpshots. ive never seen him post up someone and do a hook shot or something all just fadeaway jumpshots.

dirk admitted it himself that bargs has better intangibles than him. i had the quote in my sig for a while. dude...this is a one-on-one comparison, why are you bringing in MVP talks? he had a great surrounding cast and he didnt have to share the ball with a big like bargs has to do with bosh.

there are so many different types of defenders. bargnani is bigger and quicker and a good shot blocker.

KnicksorBust
04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Is this even a contest? I wanna know how Bargnani got outta of the first round.

He beat Jamison in a close matchup where he was losing initially. I think having a country of support helped... :laugh: j/k

RaptorizedKevin
04-02-2010, 02:37 PM

wth does this have to do with the thread? we're talking bout joe johnson and bargnani, can you read? :facepalm: or do yu have the biggest man crush on dirk?

Dirk can drive? bargnani is a way better driver. he gets to the paint alot better, and can pentrate and finish at the rim with him athelticism. hes alot faster than dirk. i would definatly agree with you, dirk is the better shooter though. but in a game of one on one? no one can make a judgement until it happends. PSD has so many biased fans here. Im a raptor fan, and i donteven know if bargs could beat dirk one on one. we all dont know until it happends. even if an " inferior player beat a better player, does it matter? one on one games dont proove who is the better player. Game situation is what prooves who is the better player. get it right. :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
04-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Joe Johnson advances to the Sweet 16.