PDA

View Full Version : Best Basketball Body?

sp1derm00
04-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Lebron James is probably the most athletic player we've ever seen in the NBA, he is built strong and is relatively big for his position.

Dwight Howard is probably the second most athletic player the NBA has seen, with his combination of height and hops, muscle and quickness. Imagine if a player like Pau were able to play in a body like Dwight's. He'd have unlimited post moves and he could just resort to overpowering you.

Michael Jordan was a lean, agile, and quick all in one. He had some of the best hops we've ever seen in the league, and most importantly, he has the perfect hands for basketball.

Shaq is probably the beastiest body we've seen in the NBA and he could still move with great agility despite his size. This allowed him to dominate easily.

Durant is a 6'9 player with a 7'4 wingspan that has handles and agility. Some people like to say that Kobe Bryant would be amazing in Lebron's body, but how amazing would he be if he were in Durant's body and could shoot over just about anyone?

Derrick Rose is probably the quickest player we have in the league, AND he has hops. While Rose has talent, what makes him hard to guard is his speed more than his skill. What could Steve Nash do in a body like Rose's?

jimbobjarree
04-02-2010, 06:41 AM
lol...no homo?

tredigs
04-02-2010, 07:05 AM
You named some of the obvious ones, but there's some others:

If their skill levels are set at 0 and you get to mold the players into the player that you want like this is some video game then give me:

PG: D. Rose. The most hated player on PSD's mix of quickness and athleticism is deadly at point. At 6'3" he's a pretty good size, too. Nod to Tyreke also. Not quite as quick, but still explosive. Has the size at 6'6" to be a matchup nightmare for any point in the league.

SG: Stephen Jackson. Guy's 6'8", strong as hell and explosive to boot. Honorable mention to D. Wade. Wade's a little undersized, but makes up for it with his speed, handles and top notch power and hops.

SF: Lebron. Strong as an Ox, fast as hell, can jump over you... whatever you know the drill with him. KD. Like you said, 6'9"-6'10" with the wingspan of a California Condor. Nobody can reach his jumper, and if you get too close he'll just blow by you. I would hate to guard this kid.

PF: Serge Ibaka. This kid is a FREAK. 6'10", huge wingspan, strength, and insane hops. I saw him in an international dunk contest last year where he dunks from the free throw line and it doesn't even look like he was trying. Disgusting. I have a feeling he's going to be challenging D. Howard for block/rebound titles very shortly. http://acbtv.acb.com/search?type=some&sort=last&page=0&channel=&text=serge+ibaka&x=25&y=22 <-- his dunk's the bottom left vid on that page, and the guys filled out a bit since then. Still only 19 or 20 I think.

C: D. Howard. He might be a little shorter than what is ideal for the most dominant center in the game, but his freakish strength / athleticism / hops more than make up for it. Honorable mention to Yao. 7'6" with fancy footwork and a smooth jumper? Sure!

avrpatsfan
04-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Lebron is the best by far.

LeBroom
04-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Dwight Howard and Lebron James are FREAKS of Nature. Kevin Durant too, though his is more on length/wingspan. But overall BODY and Athleticism, it's James and Howard.

Blindmolerat
04-02-2010, 08:48 AM
robert "tractor" traylor or maybe shawn kemp in his orlando years

Lakerfan In NY
04-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Cory Maggette, AI (the other one), D Williams.

Raoul Duke
04-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Scarlett Johansson.

She can box me out any day.

IAmKira
04-02-2010, 09:53 AM
robert "tractor" traylor or maybe shawn kemp in his orlando years

tyreke on ur sig look like hes on weed/ecstasy or crack. He also looks like hes about to rape u to pieces :O. Dam pedophile lol :speechless:

heatking
04-02-2010, 10:10 AM
As for a pure basketball player you want to have durants body, Tall and lean.

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Oliver Miller

mikantsass
04-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Big Baby Davis & Scalabrine

JerzeyFresh
04-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Jamarcus Russell

BOSTON617
04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
haha o man shaq?

sixers247
04-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Extreme Homo

jackdawson
04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberline. In that order.

Raph12
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM

If their skill levels are set at 0 and you get to mold the players into the player that you want like this is some video game then give me:

PG: D. Rose. The most hated player on PSD's mix of quickness and athleticism is deadly at point. At 6'3" he's a pretty good size, too. Nod to Tyreke also. Not quite as quick, but still explosive. Has the size at 6'6" to be a matchup nightmare for any point in the league.

SG: Stephen Jackson. Guy's 6'8", strong as hell and explosive to boot. Honorable mention to D. Wade. Wade's a little undersized, but makes up for it with his speed, handles and top notch power and hops.

SF: Lebron. Strong as an Ox, fast as hell, can jump over you... whatever you know the drill with him. KD. Like you said, 6'9"-6'10" with the wingspan of a California Condor. Nobody can reach his jumper, and if you get too close he'll just blow by you. I would hate to guard this kid.

PF: Serge Ibaka. This kid is a FREAK. 6'10", huge wingspan, strength, and insane hops. I saw him in an international dunk contest last year where he dunks from the free throw line and it doesn't even look like he was trying. Disgusting. I have a feeling he's going to be challenging D. Howard for block/rebound titles very shortly. http://acbtv.acb.com/search?type=some&sort=last&page=0&channel=&text=serge+ibaka&x=25&y=22 <-- his dunk's the bottom left vid on that page, and the guys filled out a bit since then. Still only 19 or 20 I think.

C: D. Howard. He might be a little shorter than what is ideal for the most dominant center in the game, but his freakish strength / athleticism / hops more than make up for it. Honorable mention to Yao. 7'6" with fancy footwork and a smooth jumper? Sure!

This

/Thread

dtmagnet
04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Lebron, his body is strong fast tall and impervious to injury. No homo.

Iodine
04-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Eddy Curry
Zbo
/thread

Iodine
04-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Also on a better note, roger mason jr is a ****ing model of a perfect body

Baller1
04-02-2010, 02:46 PM

Serge Ibaka? I've decided that your officially a Thunder fan in disguise.

But you're right, I don't think it will be too long before Ibaka is getting some serious respect around the league.

Jetsguy
04-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Mugsy

tredigs
04-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Serge Ibaka? I've decided that your officially a Thunder fan in disguise.

But you're right, I don't think it will be too long before Ibaka is getting some serious respect around the league.

haha, dude I'm obviously a fan of the Thunder. They're not my team, but I don't think there's a program in the NBA I like following more than them. They're doing everything the right way, and it's insane watching them get better as the games progress. Most of it started when I lucked out and stole Kevin Durant with the 7th pick in a pretty decent money fantasy league, so I started watching every game. The turnaround KD and Westbrook had over the summer had me pretty shocked... I knew they'd be better, just not that much better. The team's just full of extra talented pro's who play swarming D like they're still in college. It's hilarious/awesome.

And yeah, Serge Ibaka... AKA Air Congo AKA Dr. Nasty. Well uh, let's just say those are fitting nicknames!

Avenged
04-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Hmm, Candace Parker? feel homo discussing which guy has the better body :laugh2:

Baller1
04-02-2010, 02:57 PM
haha, dude I'm obviously a fan of the Thunder. They're not my team, but I don't think there's a program in the NBA I like following more than them. They're doing everything the right way, and it's insane watching them get better as the games progress. Most of it started when I lucked out and stole Kevin Durant with the 7th pick in a pretty decent money fantasy league, so I started watching every game. The turnaround KD and Westbrook had over the summer had me pretty shocked... I knew they'd be better, just not that much better. The team's just full of extra talented pro's who play swarming D like they're still in college. It's hilarious/awesome.

And yeah, Serge Ibaka... AKA Air Congo AKA Dr. Nasty. Well uh, let's just say those are fitting nicknames!

Fair enough. It's nice to see some other fans taking notice of what's going on over in OKC. Serge reminds me a lot of Kemp, and that would be amazing if he became half of what Kemp was in Seattle.

Still should be in Seattle...

blah-blah
04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Andre Iguodala

sp1derm00
04-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Hmm, Candace Parker? feel homo discussing which guy has the better body :laugh2:

I don't get what's up with all the homo comments. The question is who has the best body for basketball, not who has the best body.

sep11ie
04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Mike "freaking' James

still1ballin
04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Don Nelson

kjdills13
04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
ill go with Amare Stoudemire. I mean hes 6'10 to 6'11 240 and a freak athleate. Esp before his Knee surgery

AIsixersFK
04-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Andre Iguodala......no homo

bostonrules37
04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Scarlett Johansson.

lmfao ! i agree with this dude. this thread sounds kinda " silly " !
:clap:

MaHaRaJaH
04-02-2010, 03:59 PM
lol...no homo?

Thanks for clearing that :)

I say dwight howard he's a man-horse

junion
04-02-2010, 04:28 PM
oooo courtney lee has a sexy body!

sep11ie
04-02-2010, 04:55 PM
ill go with Amare Stoudemire. I mean hes 6'10 to 6'11 240 and a freak athleate. Esp before his Knee surgery

Seriously, will you fix your sig? It looks like a ******** monkey typed it for you.

wileyisTOFU
04-02-2010, 05:03 PM
David robinson

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Corey Maggette is freakin jacked

hans dolo
04-02-2010, 05:38 PM
iguodala- has the perfect b-ball body(no homo) and freakish athleticism. unfortunately he's just not that talented.

SteveNash
04-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Terry Crews
http://imgur.com/8resA.jpg

MaHaRaJaH
04-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Terry Crews
http://imgur.com/8resA.jpg

he's so funny lol

Corey
04-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Off topic posts are going to be infracted from this point forward.

What do you guys think about each position, since LeBron is the obvious choice?

OBredskin
04-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Just to throw it out there I do think Dirk with his abilities and size could warrant some consideration.

heathonater
04-02-2010, 06:14 PM
vin baker

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Off topic posts are going to be infracted from this point forward.

What do you guys think about each position, since LeBron is the obvious choice?

PG- Rose
SG- Maggette
SF- LeBron
PF- Amare
C- Dwight

jimbobjarree
04-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I think out of all the point guards (not counting Tyreke....is he a PG?) Deron uses his body most effectively. He can post all the other point guards down, he's quick and he's a big unit, and he also has the hops to dunk all over fools. I dont get how more people havnt mentioned him. I mean 6'3 210lbs for a PG? If he were a boxer he'd be a heavyweight

albertc86
04-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Teammates used to praise Kwame Brown for his body type; it made no difference on the floor but they praised him nevertheless.

Corey Maggette is another dude that comes to mind.

Boozer's size is comparable to LeBron's. LeBron just looks more dominating because of his freakish athletic ability.

And how can you not mention Nate Robinson?

If you're going on strength, and strongest pound for pound, you have to mention Boykins. Although, he might not be able to bench as much as he used to.

Jack of Blades
04-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Scarlett Johansson.

:cool:

ldc62
04-02-2010, 08:32 PM
How bout some WNBA players?

albertc86
04-02-2010, 08:35 PM
How bout some WNBA players?

Same category; they look like dudes.

td0tsfinest
04-02-2010, 08:48 PM
PG - Deron Williams; He's got speed but his physically big and can out power most PGs in the league.

SG - Kobe. Considering this guy has been in the league for 14 years and shows no signs of slowing down, he must be doing something right to keep his body from deteriorating compared to guys like T-Mac and KG.

SF - Lebron James. Refer to HGH thread.

PF - Amare Stoudemire. For some reason he comes to mind :shrug:

C - Dwight Howard. See Lebron.

NYK_kidd77
04-02-2010, 08:59 PM
I think Demarcus Cousins has a good basketball body.

No homo.

IRUAM #21
04-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Dwighht Howard with those big sweaty muscles and nice legs. No Homo.

RaptorizedKevin
04-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Lebron James is probably the most athletic player we've ever seen in the NBA, he is built strong and is relatively big for his position.

Dwight Howard is probably the second most athletic player the NBA has seen, with his combination of height and hops, muscle and quickness. Imagine if a player like Pau were able to play in a body like Dwight's. He'd have unlimited post moves and he could just resort to overpowering you.

Michael Jordan was a lean, agile, and quick all in one. He had some of the best hops we've ever seen in the league, and most importantly, he has the perfect hands for basketball.

Shaq is probably the beastiest body we've seen in the NBA and he could still move with great agility despite his size. This allowed him to dominate easily.

Durant is a 6'9 player with a 7'4 wingspan that has handles and agility. Some people like to say that Kobe Bryant would be amazing in Lebron's body, but how amazing would he be if he were in Durant's body and could shoot over just about anyone?

Derrick Rose is probably the quickest player we have in the league, AND he has hops. While Rose has talent, what makes him hard to guard is his speed more than his skill. What could Steve Nash do in a body like Rose's?

:crazy::laugh: derrick rose? quickest? he is quick. but what are you basing your information on? hes not the quickest. i can name 10 people faster than him.

Leandro Barbosa
Tony Parker
T.J. Ford
LeBron James
Rajon Rondo
Chris Paul
Allen Iverson
Monta Ellis
Aaron Brooks
lou williams
devin harris.

after this post, watch how many biased bulls fans target me.

JLionsBest4
04-02-2010, 09:26 PM
E. Dampier by far...

JLionsBest4
04-02-2010, 09:29 PM
:crazy::laugh: derrick rose? quickest? he is quick. but what are you basing your information on? hes not the quickest. i can name 10 people faster than him.

Leandro Barbosa
Tony Parker
T.J. Ford
LeBron James
Rajon Rondo
Chris Paul
Allen Iverson
Monta Ellis
Aaron Brooks
lou williams
devin harris.

Have you ever watched D. Rose? Seriously, AI is not faster then Rose RIGHT NOW. Iverson is out of shape, maybe he needs to cut down the alcohol.

Raidaz4Life
04-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Kevin Durant.... no homo

T.O-Balla
04-02-2010, 09:36 PM
I WOULD SAY VINCE CARTER IN HIS PRIME, DAMN, 6'6", athletic built, cut tone, and when he dunked, it was off the hook!!!!!!!!

RaptorizedKevin
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Have you ever watched D. Rose? Seriously, AI is not faster then Rose RIGHT NOW. Iverson is out of shape, maybe he needs to cut down the alcohol.

well i agree. ai isnt anywhere as close to how fast he was. in his prime and yunger days he would be faster like rose. dude, rose has blow by abilities, and so do other players. yu cant be biased and only acknowledge that derrick rose is the fastests. yu can say hes very fast, but cant claim hes the fastest without seeing everyone elses abilities in the league and testing them through drills and find a statistical mark to who is the fastest.
example: devin harris is the fastest while dribbling a basketball through the full court. with a record "fastest man with a basketball," running the length of the court in 3.9 seconds

JLionsBest4
04-02-2010, 09:48 PM
well i agree. ai isnt anywhere as close to how fast he was. in his prime and yunger days he would be faster like rose. dude, rose has blow by abilities, and so do other players. yu cant be biased and only acknowledge that derrick rose is the fastests. yu can say hes very fast, but cant claim hes the fastest without seeing everyone elses abilities in the league and testing them through drills and find a statistical mark to who is the fastest.
example: devin harris is the fastest while dribbling a basketball through the full court. with a record "fastest man with a basketball," running the length of the court in 3.9 seconds

yeah, I know what you mean... another guy that comes in mind is B. Jennings.

NYK_kidd77
04-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Im gonna say D. Will hes got nice hips. No Homo.

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
lol...no homo?

I know pause.

Toenail Clipper
04-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Michael Sweetney, that fatass who used to play for the Bulls.
:D

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Some serious NBA athletes in their prime I can think of are...

Larry Johnson
Alonzo Mourning
Gary Payton
Shawn Kemp
Hakeem Olajuwon
Karl Malone
Dennis Rodman
Latrell Sprewell

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Michael Sweetney, that fatass who used to play for the Bulls.
:D

hahahaha Thank you for remembering him as a Bull ahahahaha yes!!!!!!!!