PDA

View Full Version : What if the Timberwolves get the 1st pick in this year's draft?

znick21
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I was just thinking about this, but what do they do if they get the first pick? Assuming John Wall declares, can they go point guard again? Do they trade down and draft someone else? Or do they jettison Rubio or Flynn for talent at another position?

Lol I can just imagine what Kahn would say, "I envision all three of them playing together. Rubio at the point, Johnny at the 2, and Wall at the 3."

And I'm not in anyway trying to bash the T-wolves, I know the fans on here take a lot of heat for the whole point guard thing, I just wanted some other people's opinions.

Toenail Clipper
04-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Don't forget Ramon Sessions!

black1605
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM
you really have to take Wall unless you are getting a legit 2 or 3 in return

znick21
04-01-2010, 10:28 PM

If they do, I assume they would have to get rid of Rubio or Flynn. Most likely Rubio though.

HoopsDrive
04-01-2010, 10:39 PM
What if the Timberwolves get the 1st pick in this year's draft?

I'd lol @ the Nets.

IAmKira
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
What if the Timberwolves get the 1st pick in this year's draft?

I'd lol @ the Nets.

I'd lol @ the NBA for being a joke and screwing over the Nets n other desperately n ****** teams. :facepalm:

HoopsDrive
04-01-2010, 10:46 PM
I'd lol @ the NBA for being a joke and screwing over the Nets n other desperately n ****** teams. :facepalm:

How else would you describe the Wolves?

td0tsfinest
04-01-2010, 10:47 PM
How else would you describe the Wolves?

I'd describe them as

desperately n ****** teams. :facepalm:

PlezPlayDKnicks
04-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Johnny Flynn would be on the first plane smokin to whatever team wants to trade for him IMO

znick21
04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Johnny Flynn would be on the first plane smokin to whatever team wants to trade for him IMO

That's what I would do if I were the Timberwolves. I've never liked Flynn.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2010, 11:28 PM
They take Wall and then trade the rights to Rubio and a pick for a stud wing. The Wolves have 3 first round picks, $14 million in cap space, and the rights to Rubio, the top young PG in Europe, and Pekovic, one of the top PF/C players in all of Europe. When you are bad enough to get the #1 pick, you draft on value. Its that simple.

Raph12
04-01-2010, 11:52 PM
You draft Wall and trade Rubio and Sessions for something solid.

jeter 2
04-01-2010, 11:59 PM
What if the Warriors get the first pick? Curry, Ellis and Wall. Who do you trade?

D1JM
04-02-2010, 12:01 AM
What if the Warriors get the first pick? Curry, Ellis and Wall. Who do you trade?

You trade their center for another PG!!!!

thesparky33
04-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I'd take Wall, and worry about Flynn and Rubio later.

Turner might be the best fit for the Wolves though...

momoneyyyy
04-02-2010, 12:19 AM
they still got the rights for rubio?? i thought he was gonna enter the draft again.

Qdawg
04-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Call the team picking second and see what they'd give, if they can get a good deal, move down and happily grab Evan Turner, if not take John Wall and figure the rest out later. Still a starting 5 of Flynn/Turner/Gomes/Love/Jefferson would be scary in a few years, and they do have a nice trade piece waiting in Europe.

sunnydayin'zona
04-02-2010, 12:20 AM

well, monta doesn't need a team behind him, he's the second best player in the nba;)

Oefarmy2005
04-02-2010, 12:21 AM
I think the Wolves would take Wall, trade Flynn and have Wall play SG ala Wade. The Wolves are probably getting pick 4 or 5 as always though.

jmtapia
04-02-2010, 12:29 AM
If you get the first pick you take John Wall. Period end of story.

alencp3
04-02-2010, 05:07 AM
Take Wall,play him at 2 with Rubio at 1 and trade Flynn for solid wing.

2011/2012-Rubio/Wall/Gay???/Love/Big AL

BlinkManJan02
04-02-2010, 05:19 AM

you're sig!! Kenny f-cking Powers!!

East Bound & Down for the win.

DitchDat
04-02-2010, 05:26 AM
I was just thinking about this, but what do they do if they get the first pick? Assuming John Wall declares, can they go point guard again? Do they trade down and draft someone else? Or do they jettison Rubio or Flynn for talent at another position?

Lol I can just imagine what Kahn would say, "I envision all three of them playing together. Rubio at the point, Johnny at the 2, and Wall at the 3."

And I'm not in anyway trying to bash the T-wolves, I know the fans on here take a lot of heat for the whole point guard thing, I just wanted some other people's opinions.

They will cleary try to break up Jefferson-Love. A number 1 pick + Al Jeff will get you a lot in this league. Or maybe they can get rid of Mrs Rubio.

ldc62
04-02-2010, 05:44 AM
Kahn is probably going to waste it. He had 2 first round picks and 2 solid big guys and the Wolves still stink.... Kahn is not a good GM.

J-Relo
04-02-2010, 06:05 AM
get John Wall either way... then possibly trade for 2 guard, or even Turner and smth else

magichatnumber9
04-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Evan Turner and split his minutes with Brewer 50/50

ragee
04-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Although it might sound stupid to take Wall because they will have 4 PGs, it will still be the best choice... Get Wall then trade Rubio to the Knicks... They clearly want him... Then let Wall, Flynn and Sessions compete for the starting spot and trade one of them to fill in the holes in the team... Jefferson and Wall can be one hell of a duo...

The_Pharouh
04-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Take Wall,play him at 2 with Rubio at 1 and trade Flynn for solid wing.

2011/2012-Rubio/Wall/Gay???/Love/Big AL

this

Ty Fast
04-02-2010, 07:48 AM
maybe they will trade the pick

LeBroom
04-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Given Kahn's obsession with Point Guards, they would draft John Wall, and use their 2 other picks to draft maybe Bledsoe and Vasquez. They need point guards. They need a lot of Point Guards. Oh, maybe sign Raymond Felton and Rafer Alston too. You see, you can never have enough point guards. What if Flynn gets injured?

Oh, and I'm sure David Kahn will trade Al Jefferson for TJ Ford. Because they need another Point guard.

Jamiecballer
04-02-2010, 09:49 AM
good question. i assume they will squander it on another player who won't ever play a game in Minnesota.

sixers247
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Trade the first pick for Reggie Williams

eric1501
04-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Given Kahn's obsession with Point Guards, they would draft John Wall, and use their 2 other picks to draft maybe Bledsoe and Vasquez. They need point guards. They need a lot of Point Guards. Oh, maybe sign Raymond Felton and Rafer Alston too. You see, you can never have enough point guards. What if Flynn gets injured?

Oh, and I'm sure David Kahn will trade Al Jefferson for TJ Ford. Because they need another Point guard.

Why would you waste your time posting this? Trying to get that 1 out of 25 PSD people to laugh?

Does anyone that knows anything about basketball get what Kahn was doing last year? Draft THE BEST VALUE in Rubio because he FELL right into our laps, then draft the next best PG because the Wolves didn't even have a backup PG at that point. Not to mention what if Rubio doesn't play this year then we have NO PG.

We have all the pieces to become a solid team in 2 years. If anyone thinks Kahn is an idiot needs to reevaluate how to acquire assests in the NBA. Kahn has been GM for 1 year and had to take over the worst GM in NBA history. He got rid of EVERY single bad player and got more bad players that have expiring deals coming off the books. $16-18 million coming off for the biggest FA class ever, 3 1st rounders in a very talented draft, and guys like Brewer, Big AL, Flynn, and Rubio that could be traded for something in return.

Imagine T-Wolves getting #1. They would begin another offseason of completely reconstructing the roster. I could see us trading Flynn and the Bobcats pick to move up again this year into the top 10. While still deciding wheather Big Al and Love can play together. If you decide there is a big man you want with that top 10 then you go and trade Big AL for a good wing.

Point is, if the Wolves get #1 (which they BADLY need more than the Nets) They will be in prime position to have a very good offseason and make some noise by 2012.

pacofunk64
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Well if they get the 1st pick then they will draft Evan Turner. IMO, remember this is my opinion, Evan Truner is equal if not greater than Wall. For one it's really hard to compare the two for the fact they play different positions. But I don't see anything that would say Wall is the better of the two.

sixers247
04-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Who knows

cwilson21
04-02-2010, 10:46 AM

There are a lot of funny posters on PSD.

You are not one of them.

0nekhmer
04-02-2010, 11:15 AM
they're going to choose a C

Hellcrooner
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
The Wolves Welcome Wall and Wilson Chandler and the Knicks FInally wellcome rubio

GSW Hoops
04-02-2010, 11:53 AM
You trade their center for another PG!!!!

Nelly's newest innovation: the FOUR-GUARD starting 5.

G - Wall
G - Ellis
G - Curry
G - Azubuike
C - Corey Maggette (yes, at CENTER)

TheShock45
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
If they get the 1st pick then they should trade down to the 2nd and grab maybe a nice young player, cash, future picks and o yea with the 2nd overall pick take EVAN TURNER the player that will actually help that franchise.

In my dream world i like to hope that the T'woles get the 2nd overall pick and trade that pick and Al jefferson to the Sixers for Andre Iguodala, Sammy Dalember and the sixers pick (probly 9th overall) that way my sixers can field a NASTY!!! team of

Jrue Holliday-Evan Turner-Thad Young-Marreese Speights-Al Jefferson

TheShock45
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Nelly's newest innovation: the FOUR-GUARD starting 5.

G - Wall
G - Ellis
G - Curry
G - Azubuike
C - Corey Maggette (yes, at CENTER)

its not new its called Jay Wright and Villanova

Twins Fanatic
04-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Take Turner, he's a better fit for the wolves. When rubio decides to come to minnesota, you can move turner from SG to SF.

LeBroom
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Why would you waste your time posting this? Trying to get that 1 out of 25 PSD people to laugh?

Does anyone that knows anything about basketball get what Kahn was doing last year? Draft THE BEST VALUE in Rubio because he FELL right into our laps, then draft the next best PG because the Wolves didn't even have a backup PG at that point. Not to mention what if Rubio doesn't play this year then we have NO PG.

We have all the pieces to become a solid team in 2 years. If anyone thinks Kahn is an idiot needs to reevaluate how to acquire assests in the NBA. Kahn has been GM for 1 year and had to take over the worst GM in NBA history. He got rid of EVERY single bad player and got more bad players that have expiring deals coming off the books. $16-18 million coming off for the biggest FA class ever, 3 1st rounders in a very talented draft, and guys like Brewer, Big AL, Flynn, and Rubio that could be traded for something in return.

Imagine T-Wolves getting #1. They would begin another offseason of completely reconstructing the roster. I could see us trading Flynn and the Bobcats pick to move up again this year into the top 10. While still deciding wheather Big Al and Love can play together. If you decide there is a big man you want with that top 10 then you go and trade Big AL for a good wing.

Point is, if the Wolves get #1 (which they BADLY need more than the Nets) They will be in prime position to have a very good offseason and make some noise by 2012.

Geez, First of all, Sorry to offend you Wolves Fan. I'm not trying to make anyone LAUGH, it's just that after seeing what your clown of a GM pulled off last year, I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED, at all... if he wastes your precious cap space, on a proven PG like Raymond Felton, and then if you do get the 1st pick, he'll still DRAFT WALL, and maybe draft the BPA with some of your picks like you said YOU GUYS DID, and end up with another PG perhaps?

He signed Sessions, for what? to be the Back-up PG or to be the Starter? Well, don't you know HOW BIG OF A CONTRACT your GM gave him? Hmm, in fact I have to thank you, since David Kahn just saved us from signing Sessions. And please, homerism aside, Don't you seriously think, you'll have around 4 PG's next season? Flynn, Sessions, Rubio(?), Wall(?). So, it's easy to say, "Hey we can trade Sessions you know" Uhm, what is Sessions value around the league? Well, if your Great GM didn't give him such a bloated contract for his mediocre talent, then he could easily be moved. But unfortunately, Kahn got Point Guard happy last season.

Exactly, They would begin another off-season RECONSTRUCTING THE ROSTER. Uhm, seriously? How many years have you guys been doing this? Last time I checked, you were doing this since the Kevin Garnett trade. What year is it? and you even said you can all wait till 2012? You guys have the CAP SPACE, unlike us in New York. You guys were more better positioned, but what happened? Wait till 2012? Keep on Drafting and Drafting and developing players, just for them to bolt out of Minnesota the minute they have the chance?

Sure you have $16-18 million to spend, but who EXACTLY will you spend it on? Or better yet, who is willing to sign there? And add the fact that it looks like you guys are going to re-sign the Great Darko Milicic as your Starting Center next season. He surely will command around 5mil MINIMUM. Leaves you with 12-13m? Who will you sign? Mike Miller? Shane Battier? I know you're smart enough to know that Lebron James or any other legit Superstar won't sign in Minny.

And about trading Al Jefferson for a good wing... I heard Larry Bird REJECTED your offer, Al Jeff for Granger. Who else could you trade for? Al Jeff for Maggette works I guess...

Oh, and I don't hate you. And I didn't take offense on what you said. I'm just saying my 100% HONEST opinion on what David Kahn is doing, and as early as NOW, I know he's failing at his job. I mean, KURT RAMBIS?:facepalm: SERIOUSLY? Lol.

GetDenarded
04-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Kahn is probably going to waste it. He had 2 first round picks and 2 solid big guys and the Wolves still stink.... Kahn is not a good GM.

Did you really expect the Wolves to compete this season?

Although it might sound stupid to take Wall because they will have 4 PGs, it will still be the best choice... Get Wall then trade Rubio to the Knicks... They clearly want him... Then let Wall, Flynn and Sessions compete for the starting spot and trade one of them to fill in the holes in the team... Jefferson and Wall can be one hell of a duo...

The only problem with that is, the Knicks have absolutely zero pieces that the Wolves want.

good question. i assume they will squander it on another player who won't ever play a game in Minnesota.

Rubio will come.

Geez, First of all, Sorry to offend you Wolves Fan. I'm not trying to make anyone LAUGH, it's just that after seeing what your clown of a GM pulled off last year, I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED, at all... if he wastes your precious cap space, on a proven PG like Raymond Felton, and then if you do get the 1st pick, he'll still DRAFT WALL, and maybe draft the BPA with some of your picks like you said YOU GUYS DID, and end up with another PG perhaps?

He signed Sessions, for what? to be the Back-up PG or to be the Starter? Well, don't you know HOW BIG OF A CONTRACT your GM gave him? Hmm, in fact I have to thank you, since David Kahn just saved us from signing Sessions. And please, homerism aside, Don't you seriously think, you'll have around 4 PG's next season? Flynn, Sessions, Rubio(?), Wall(?). So, it's easy to say, "Hey we can trade Sessions you know" Uhm, what is Sessions value around the league? Well, if your Great GM didn't give him such a bloated contract for his mediocre talent, then he could easily be moved. But unfortunately, Kahn got Point Guard happy last season.

Exactly, They would begin another off-season RECONSTRUCTING THE ROSTER. Uhm, seriously? How many years have you guys been doing this? Last time I checked, you were doing this since the Kevin Garnett trade. What year is it? and you even said you can all wait till 2012? You guys have the CAP SPACE, unlike us in New York. You guys were more better positioned, but what happened? Wait till 2012? Keep on Drafting and Drafting and developing players, just for them to bolt out of Minnesota the minute they have the chance?

Sure you have $16-18 million to spend, but who EXACTLY will you spend it on? Or better yet, who is willing to sign there? And add the fact that it looks like you guys are going to re-sign the Great Darko Milicic as your Starting Center next season. He surely will command around 5mil MINIMUM. Leaves you with 12-13m? Who will you sign? Mike Miller? Shane Battier? I know you're smart enough to know that Lebron James or any other legit Superstar won't sign in Minny.

And about trading Al Jefferson for a good wing... I heard Larry Bird REJECTED your offer, Al Jeff for Granger. Who else could you trade for? Al Jeff for Maggette works I guess...

Oh, and I don't hate you. And I didn't take offense on what you said. I'm just saying my 100% HONEST opinion on what David Kahn is doing, and as early as NOW, I know he's failing at his job. I mean, KURT RAMBIS?:facepalm: SERIOUSLY? Lol.

Are you really, as a Knicks fan, making fun of the way the Wolves are ran? :rolleyes:

It's been a year, and Kahn acquired assets that will help this team. Pretty simple, yet you don't understand.

LeBroom
04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Did you really expect the Wolves to compete this season?

The only problem with that is, the Knicks have absolutely zero pieces that the Wolves want.

Rubio will come.

Are you really, as a Knicks fan, making fun of the way the Wolves are ran? :rolleyes:

It's been a year, and Kahn acquired assets that will help this team. Pretty simple, yet you don't understand.

Seems like you didn't read the whole post. Or was it selective reading sir?

I didn't make fun of how the Wolves are ran. And I also stated our situation, and I EVEN COMPLIMENTED that you guys were placed in a much BETTER SITUATION, but your GREAT GM failed to capitalize. And the future DOESN'T look as bright as it seems, not with this GUY running the show, and with Kurt RAMBIS as your head coach. Face it, Rambis' Triangle Offense is a joke, he has the wrong players, Flynn is not fit in that system. At the end of the day, Kahn will earn a little respect from me IF he fires Rambis, gets Rubio to play for Minny, trades Flynn for a solid player, and then make that GREAT Signing of Ramon Sessions worth-while by actually playing him. Oh, and if he doesn't draft 3 Point Guards this coming Draft ^^

what54!?
04-02-2010, 01:26 PM
draft wall. or hell I might trade with the 2nd pick and get turner. They need a legit wing mire than a PG.....

cubbybear2290
04-02-2010, 01:32 PM
They will draft John Wall and have yet another PG on their roster lol.

GetDenarded
04-02-2010, 01:33 PM

I didn't make fun of how the Wolves are ran. And I also stated our situation, and I EVEN COMPLIMENTED that you guys were placed in a much BETTER SITUATION, but your GREAT GM failed to capitalize. And the future DOESN'T look as bright as it seems, not with this GUY running the show, and with Kurt RAMBIS as your head coach. Face it, Rambis' Triangle Offense is a joke, he has the wrong players, Flynn is not fit in that system. At the end of the day, Kahn will earn a little respect from me IF he fires Rambis, gets Rubio to play for Minny, trades Flynn for a solid player, and then make that GREAT Signing of Ramon Sessions worth-while by actually playing him. Oh, and if he doesn't draft 3 Point Guards this coming Draft ^^

No, I read it all, just didn't feel the majority of the post deserved a response.

Kahn has made decisions with this team that isn't going to result in immediate wins, and pretty much everyone knows that, especially Wolves fans. If you're expecting wins right away and playoff appearances, than you're not going to like what Kahn is doing.

He drafted Rubio, who was the obvious choice after he fell to us, and than he drafted Flynn, who he thought could play with Rubio (who's to say he can't?) I don't care what you say about the Flynn pick over guys like Curry and Jennings, but there were alot of Curry and Jennings doubters. Some said Curry was too small and weak to play in the NBA, and Jennings had an attitude prior to the draft... So it wasn't like Kahn passed up on 'sure things'. Not to mention, who knows how good Flynn could be if had the same type of freedom that Jennings and Curry have?

You're jumping to the gun in your insults of Kurt Rambis, as well. He has been on th sidelines with arguably one of the best coaches in the game (Phil Jackson). Yes, the triangle offense he is trying to instill has been a little bit trying and difficult at times, but it's his first year, and he wasn't even here for the draft, so technically none of these guys are of 'his mold'.

You're also going to have a hard time trying to sell me that the Wolves are worse off with Kahn and Rambis than they were with McHale and Wittman. That's just complete ignorance.

Rambis won't be fired before his contract is up, and there isn't any reason for him to be.

Ramon Sessions value has died with the Wolves a little bit, I understand that, but he's still a very solid backup who will be of interest to teams, especially playoff ones looking for bench depth.

The point guard talk has been beat to death, and anyone who still dwells on it is pretty uneducated on Minnesota Timberwolves basketball.

Oefarmy2005
04-02-2010, 01:44 PM

I still don't get Khicks fans. Where is all this hate coming from. And ONCE AGAIN, we only have two PGs on the team, and we only kept two PGs from last years draft with one of them not being here untill 2011. My question is, ok, hypothetically the Wolves screwed up. Who would you draft in their place? Curry? He's a PG and how is he better then Flynn? Take Derozan? We all see how that's working out for the Raps. Take Hill? You guys didn't give him 10 mins a game this year before he got traded. The Wolves took the two best players available, period. The plan was always Evans and Flynn, but when Evans got drafted and Rubio fell, they had to take based on value. Secondly, I am not a fan of Rambis' triangle either, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt this season and start crusifying him if the next season is the same. As far Khan, ok, so you disagree with taking two PGs, that's your right, but what else did he do that was so bad. Hiring Rambis? Did you see the coaching staff he brought in? I, as a wolves fan, definetely expected better this season, but I wasn't expecting 30 wins either.

LeBroom
04-02-2010, 01:46 PM
No, I read it all, just didn't feel the majority of the post deserved a response.

Kahn has made decisions with this team that isn't going to result in immediate wins, and pretty much everyone knows that, especially Wolves fans. If you're expecting wins right away and playoff appearances, than you're not going to like what Kahn is doing.

He drafted Rubio, who was the obvious choice after he fell to us, and than he drafted Flynn, who he thought could play with Rubio (who's to say he can't?) I don't care what you say about the Flynn pick over guys like Curry and Jennings, but there were alot of Curry and Jennings doubters. Some said Curry was too small and weak to play in the NBA, and Jennings had an attitude prior to the draft... So it wasn't like Kahn passed up on 'sure things'. Not to mention, who knows how good Flynn could be if had the same type of freedom that Jennings and Curry have?

You're jumping to the gun in your insults of Kurt Rambis, as well. He has been on th sidelines with arguably one of the best coaches in the game (Phil Jackson). Yes, the triangle offense he is trying to instill has been a little bit trying and difficult at times, but it's his first year, and he wasn't even here for the draft, so technically none of these guys are of 'his mold'.

You're also going to have a hard time trying to sell me that the Wolves are worse off with Kahn and Rambis than they were with McHale and Wittman. That's just complete ignorance.

Rambis won't be fired before his contract is up, and there isn't any reason for him to be.

Ramon Sessions value has died with the Wolves a little bit, I understand that, but he's still a very solid backup who will be of interest to teams, especially playoff ones looking for bench depth.

The point guard talk has been beat to death, and anyone who still dwells on it is pretty uneducated on Minnesota Timberwolves basketball.

I agree on the first bolded sentence. Immediate wins = No, of course not. But does his moves, especially passing on Stephen Curry (who imo, is the only PG in that draft who can run the Triangle aside from Rubio), hiring Kurt Rambis, signing Sessions, and now contemplating on signing Milicic as the Starting Center for next year... Does those moves support the dream of "Better days are coming" for you Wolves Fans? Again, I don't hate the Wolves, I'm just not sold on Kahn and Rambis. BUT, in no way am I saying that they are WORSE than McHale and Wittman. IMO, McHale is the 2nd worst GM in NBA History, next to our very own Isiah Thomas. But Kahn didn't really give a good impression on his 1st year on the job.

I'm not "jumping on the gun" with my criticism against Kurt Rambis as well. Try reading articles, maybe even Yahoo Sports, or ESPN Articles. I think it's a known fact in the league already, Kurt Rambis is the worst coach in the NBA right now. Of course, exclude Kiki Vandeweghe who's not even a real head coach. Kurt Rambis played Sasha Pavlovic 30 minutes a game at one point? He BENCHED, (he's still benched right?) Kevin Love, arguably YOUR BEST REBOUNDER. He's forcing Jonny Flynn to run his pathetic triangle even if this kid clearly CAN'T? Don't get me wrong. Flynn is a beast, but not in your system. If he's in New York, Indiana, or Golden State, he would be tearing up the league right now. That's his type of game, free-flowing offense. I'm sorry sir, but Kurt Rambis is really not fit to be a Head Coach, unless you guys plan on being a 11-13th seed in the West for a few more years to come.

And about firing Rambis..., the only reason why he won't be fired until his contract is up, is because(no offense), your franchise can't afford to spend money buying out his contract and hire a new one. That's not how small market teams like the Wolves roll, and I understand that. But I'm pretty sure if you guys had the money, that guy would be begging in the streets right now, looking for a job.

Now as for Sessions, sure contenders would be interested. But they would offer ***** in return. Lakers could call, but they'll over you Morrison or Vujajic, would you want that?

And lastly, I'm not uneducated, and I'm not making fun of the whole 3 point guard thing. I'm simply stating FACTS, in which Kahn REALLY DID DO THAT last year. And I'm just saying, IT's not outside of the REALM OF POSSIBILITY, that you guys draft atleast 2 more point guards this coming draft, or sign another one (ala Raymond Felton) because Flynn clearly can't run the Triangle yet.

That's all.

LeBroom
04-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I still don't get Khicks fans. Where is all this hate coming from. And ONCE AGAIN, we only have two PGs on the team, and we only kept two PGs from last years draft with one of them not being here untill 2011. My question is, ok, hypothetically the Wolves screwed up. Who would you draft in their place? Curry? He's a PG and how is he better then Flynn? Take Derozan? We all see how that's working out for the Raps. Take Hill? You guys didn't give him 10 mins a game this year before he got traded. The Wolves took the two best players available, period. The plan was always Evans and Flynn, but when Evans got drafted and Rubio fell, they had to take based on value. Secondly, I am not a fan of Rambis' triangle either, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt this season and start crusifying him if the next season is the same. As far Khan, ok, so you disagree with taking two PGs, that's your right, but what else did he do that was so bad. Hiring Rambis? Did you see the coaching staff he brought in? I, as a wolves fan, definetely expected better this season, but I wasn't expecting 30 wins either.

Uhm, dude, Again, I don't hate the Wolves. Sure my first post seemed a bit aggressive, but trust me, I don't hate the Wolves. You can read my other insights on the other guy I quoted. Anyway...

Stephen Curry; uhm, YES. He clearly is the better player between him and Flynn. I wanted Steph on my team, but damn Nelson had to screw up everything. And also, I think Jordan Hill would've worked out for you guys. Atleast, with him, you won't be reluctant to trade Al Jefferson for whoever. You'd have Jordan Hill and Kevin Love, cheap young talent you can build around, while having a lot of cap space, or getting something in return for Al Jeff.

And yes, Kurt Rambis sucks, plain and simple. There are dozens of articles about it. He's a laughing stock of a head coach in the NBA right now. Seriously, Playing PAVLOVIC for more than 5 minutes is already ret@rded, and to think he played him for like 25-30 mpg??? :facepalm: to Kurt.

GetDenarded
04-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I agree on the first bolded sentence. Immediate wins = No, of course not. But does his moves, especially passing on Stephen Curry (who imo, is the only PG in that draft who can run the Triangle aside from Rubio), hiring Kurt Rambis, signing Sessions, and now contemplating on signing Milicic as the Starting Center for next year... Does those moves support the dream of "Better days are coming" for you Wolves Fans? Again, I don't hate the Wolves, I'm just not sold on Kahn and Rambis. BUT, in no way am I saying that they are WORSE than McHale and Wittman. IMO, McHale is the 2nd worst GM in NBA History, next to our very own Isiah Thomas. But Kahn didn't really give a good impression on his 1st year on the job.

I'm not "jumping on the gun" with my criticism against Kurt Rambis as well. Try reading articles, maybe even Yahoo Sports, or ESPN Articles. I think it's a known fact in the league already, Kurt Rambis is the worst coach in the NBA right now. Of course, exclude Kiki Vandeweghe who's not even a real head coach. Kurt Rambis played Sasha Pavlovic 30 minutes a game at one point? He BENCHED, (he's still benched right?) Kevin Love, arguably YOUR BEST REBOUNDER. He's forcing Jonny Flynn to run his pathetic triangle even if this kid clearly CAN'T? Don't get me wrong. Flynn is a beast, but not in your system. If he's in New York, Indiana, or Golden State, he would be tearing up the league right now. That's his type of game, free-flowing offense. I'm sorry sir, but Kurt Rambis is really not fit to be a Head Coach, unless you guys plan on being a 11-13th seed in the West for a few more years to come.

And about firing Rambis..., the only reason why he won't be fired until his contract is up, is because(no offense), your franchise can't afford to spend money buying out his contract and hire a new one. That's not how small market teams like the Wolves roll, and I understand that. But I'm pretty sure if you guys had the money, that guy would be begging in the streets right now, looking for a job.

Now as for Sessions, sure contenders would be interested. But they would offer ***** in return. Lakers could call, but they'll over you Morrison or Vujajic, would you want that?

And lastly, I'm not uneducated, and I'm not making fun of the whole 3 point guard thing. I'm simply stating FACTS, in which Kahn REALLY DID DO THAT last year. And I'm just saying, IT's not outside of the REALM OF POSSIBILITY, that you guys draft atleast 2 more point guards this coming draft, or sign another one (ala Raymond Felton) because Flynn clearly can't run the Triangle yet.

That's all.

That's the thing though, and can probably be blamed on Kahn. We didn't have a coach during the draft, so we didn't pick players based on who could run a triangle. If Rambis was the coach at the time, maybe we take Curry, who knows. I can agree that not having a coach during the draft was pretty stupid.

Where does the Rambis hate come from? I was pleased with the hiring, and still share those exact same thoughts. It was a very good hiring, and probably better than the D'antoni hiring.

What impression were you looking for? It sounds like you were expecting playoffs and MVP type performances out of the Wolves roster, which wasn't the case. The Wolves are in a great position for years to come, no doubt about it.

Signing Milicic will be a low risk, decent reward type deal. He was never really given the chance in New York, and he has played pretty well this season, not to mention players of his size and ability don't come along often, and maybe the Wolves can use him to get guys like Rubio and Pekovic over? Who knows.

Yep, you're jumping the gun on Rambis, for sure. Worst coach in the league? Hardly. Love is benched because him and Jefferson don't play well together.. Once again, that's pretty obvious.

Kurt Rambis is an up and coming great coach in this league, no doubt in my mind.

GetDenarded
04-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Stephen Curry; uhm, YES. He clearly is the better player between him and Flynn. I wanted Steph on my team, but damn Nelson had to screw up everything. And yes, Kurt Rambis sucks, plain and simple. There are dozens of articles about it. He's a laughing stock of a head coach in the NBA right now. Seriously, Playing PAVLOVIC for more than 5 minutes is already ret@rded, and to think he played him for like 25-30 mpg??? :facepalm: to Kurt.

Curry wasn't really considered better than Flynn (by a significant margin, anyway) pre-draft, and under the right system, I think we'd be talking about Flynn in the rookie of the year running as well.

Kurt Rambis does not suck, and I don't care what articles you're talking about. Let me guess, was it Bill Simmons who wrote it?

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Ever since the Wolves took Rubio, Knicks fans hate them. Do the Knicks really think it was their god given right to have Rubio. Move on with your own dysfunctional franchise

Oefarmy2005
04-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Uhm, dude, Again, I don't hate the Wolves. Sure my first post seemed a bit aggressive, but trust me, I don't hate the Wolves. You can read my other insights on the other guy I quoted. Anyway...

Stephen Curry; uhm, YES. He clearly is the better player between him and Flynn. I wanted Steph on my team, but damn Nelson had to screw up everything. And also, I think Jordan Hill would've worked out for you guys. Atleast, with him, you won't be reluctant to trade Al Jefferson for whoever. You'd have Jordan Hill and Kevin Love, cheap young talent you can build around, while having a lot of cap space, or getting something in return for Al Jeff.

And yes, Kurt Rambis sucks, plain and simple. There are dozens of articles about it. He's a laughing stock of a head coach in the NBA right now. Seriously, Playing PAVLOVIC for more than 5 minutes is already ret@rded, and to think he played him for like 25-30 mpg??? :facepalm: to Kurt.

Uhm, dude, I really don't see how Curry is better than Flynn. You said it yourself Flynn would tare it up if he was on GS, and he's already managing similar averages playing in the triangle with the Wolves.

Secondly, I can see where people are saying that Rambis is the worst coach in the league, but once again it's his first year. If it doesn't improve next year than I will agree with your point completely.

Third, I don't get the whole playing Pavlovich 25-30 mpg. It was in novermber, his first month on the job, and he wanted to try it out - nothing wrong with that. He's averaging like 9 mpg ever since.

GetDenarded
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Uhm, dude, I really don't see how Curry is better than Flynn. You said it yourself Flynn would tare it up if he was on GS, and he's already managing similar averages playing in the triangle with the Wolves.

Secondly, I can see where people are saying that Rambis is the worst coach in the league, but once again it's his first year. If it doesn't improve next year than I will agree with your point completely.

Third, I don't get the whole playing Pavlovich 25-30 mpg. It was in novermber, his first month on the job, and he wanted to try it out - nothing wrong with that. He's averaging like 9 mpg ever since.

As a fellow Wolves fan, I have to correct you.

Stephen Curry is definitely better than Flynn, as of now. In a different system we might seeing it differently, but results don't lie. Curry was put in a good situation and is flourishing in it. Flynn is in a completely different system and is experiencing growing pains.

Oefarmy2005
04-02-2010, 02:12 PM
As a fellow Wolves fan, I have to correct you.

Stephen Curry is definitely better than Flynn, as of now. In a different system we might seeing it differently, but results don't lie. Curry was put in a good situation and is flourishing in it. Flynn is in a completely different system and is experiencing growing pains.

Which is my point exactly. Say Flynn and Cury are swapped, don't you think Flynn would put up 20 a night in GS?? And potential wise, it's not even close. Flynn can be CP3 - his intangibles are that good.

LeBroom
04-02-2010, 02:13 PM
That's the thing though, and can probably be blamed on Kahn. We didn't have a coach during the draft, so we didn't pick players based on who could run a triangle. If Rambis was the coach at the time, maybe we take Curry, who knows. I can agree that not having a coach during the draft was pretty stupid.

Where does the Rambis hate come from? I was pleased with the hiring, and still share those exact same thoughts. It was a very good hiring, and probably better than the D'antoni hiring.

What impression were you looking for? It sounds like you were expecting playoffs and MVP type performances out of the Wolves roster, which wasn't the case. The Wolves are in a great position for years to come, no doubt about it.

Signing Milicic will be a low risk, decent reward type deal. He was never really given the chance in New York, and he has played pretty well this season, not to mention players of his size and ability don't come along often, and maybe the Wolves can use him to get guys like Rubio and Pekovic over? Who knows.

Yep, you're jumping the gun on Rambis, for sure. Worst coach in the league? Hardly. Love is benched because him and Jefferson don't play well together.. Once again, that's pretty obvious.

Kurt Rambis is an up and coming great coach in this league, no doubt in my mind.

Seriously? @_@ Well, To be fair, we'll see in 2010. I guess for both of our respective Franchise... And I didn't know about the fact that Rambis was hired AFTER the draft. I'm pretty sure you guys would've went after Steph if you had Rambis on board early on. Steph is clearly the better player. Better court vision, higher basketball IQ, unlimited range, unselfish, and he really has more of a "Distributor" mentality than Flynn.

About Kurt Rambis being an up and coming great coach in the NBA... We'll see about that. For now though; I don't think so.

But don't worry man, I'll always be here on PSD. Come Draft Night, FA signing period, and even Next season.. We'll see. Maybe then you can prove me wrong. I'll just be at the Knicks section, and I'm sure you'll be there at the Wolves section. Hopefully something good happens to your Franchise this off-season.

:)

LeBroom
04-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Ever since the Wolves took Rubio, Knicks fans hate them. Do the Knicks really think it was their god given right to have Rubio. Move on with your own dysfunctional franchise

Excuse me, are you a Wolves Fan or a Rockets Fan (I saw Houston on your location) ?

For one, I'm not one of those Knicks Fans who attacked the Minny Boards because of the Ricky Rubio situation. And no, it's not the Knicks' GOD GIVEN RIGHT to have drafted Rubio... but if we did draft him, no doubt in my mind he'd be playing in the NBA right now.

And about being a dysfunctional Franchise? We'll see man. We'll see... I can't wait for this season to end, because we'll be tearing up the league come next season. July 1st is where it all begins!

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Seriously? @_@ Well, To be fair, we'll see in 2010. I guess for both of our respective Franchise... And I didn't know about the fact that Rambis was hired AFTER the draft. I'm pretty sure you guys would've went after Steph if you had Rambis on board early on. Steph is clearly the better player. Better court vision, higher basketball IQ, unlimited range, unselfish, and he really has more of a "Distributor" mentality than Flynn.

About Kurt Rambis being an up and coming great coach in the NBA... We'll see about that. For now though; I don't think so.

But don't worry man, I'll always be here on PSD. Come Draft Night, FA signing period, and even Next season.. We'll see. Maybe then you can prove me wrong. I'll just be at the Knicks section, and I'm sure you'll be there at the Wolves section. Hopefully something good happens to your Franchise this off-season.

:)

Short term memory in effect.
Curry did not work out for the Wolves. He did not project as a true point guard coming out of college. And its not about proving wrong when speaking of theories. If people on PSD don't understand why a 15 win team would take a position they already have multiple of, then they don't understand anything. When you are 15-64, even if you have 10 PG's, if the best available is a PG, you take him. Pretty simple

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Excuse me, are you a Wolves Fan or a Rockets Fan (I saw Houston on your location) ?

For one, I'm not one of those Knicks Fans who attacked the Minny Boards because of the Ricky Rubio situation. And no, it's not the Knicks' GOD GIVEN RIGHT to have drafted Rubio... but if we did draft him, no doubt in my mind he'd be playing in the NBA right now.

And about being a dysfunctional Franchise? We'll see man. We'll see... I can't wait for this season to end, because we'll be tearing up the league come next season. July 1st is where it all begins!

No, you were not in that board. That isn't what I was referring to, did I mention that? And if you would have drafted him, would things have been different? Maybe, maybe not. But the ACTUAL fact is, he belongs to Minnesota.
Now, your team won a championship when I was negative 4. Since then, they have done squat, despite being the so called mecca of baskeball with more financial and endorsment resources than anywhere. They have been the definition of a dysfunctional franchise.
Now, as for next year, its never a safe bet to count your chickens before your eggs hatch. Short of getting LeBron, Mike D is not a championship caliber coach, since he refuses to address half the court.
But, we will see. Even next year won't tell how important this summer will be for both franchise's, I am sure we can both agree upon that.

Matrix3132
04-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Which is my point exactly. Say Flynn and Cury are swapped, don't you think Flynn would put up 20 a night in GS?? And potential wise, it's not even close. Flynn can be CP3 - his intangibles are that good.

I think if Flynn and Curry were swapped, GS would have less wins, Minn would have more wins, Flynn would NOT be averaging 20 points and Curry would be scoring more than he is currently.

Seeing them both play on this level, Curry is just better than Flynn. Flynn can still have a nice career but I don't see him as a starter on a good team in this league.

Flynn can be CP3? come on, be realistic....

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I think if Flynn and Curry were swapped, GS would have less wins, Minn would have more wins, Flynn would NOT be averaging 20 points and Curry would be scoring more than he is currently.

Seeing them both play on this level, Curry is just better than Flynn. Flynn can still have a nice career but I don't see him as a starter on a good team in this league.

Flynn can be CP3? come on, be realistic....

No, Flynn will never be CP3. But the fact remains, if Flynn were in a more open system with speed, he would thrive far better than he has.
Now, Curry, on the other hand, would also have thrived in the triangle. I am willing to give the nod to Curry at this point because I think he has shown he could play in either system. But you can't judge 2 rookies who are near each other for a few years until it all plays out.
And the fact remains, Curry wouldnt work out for the Wolves, and had questions surrounding him about playing PG. Who is to say he could handle a team that played half court offense?
Time will tell for these two.
And if they had drafted Curry, they wouldn't have more wins. This year was development, messing with rotations, players time, etc. For crying out loud, our best player doesn't even start because they are trying to get a look at Milicic, not win games. This year is about the future. Curry wouldn't have changed that

JNA17
04-02-2010, 07:09 PM
T-Wolves will pick john wall, then sign raymond felton, and go with this lineup.

PG: Johnny Flynn
SG: Raymond Felton
SF: Ramon Sessions
PF: John Wall
C: Al Jefferson

You know kahn will do it

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 07:30 PM
T-Wolves will pick john wall, then sign raymond felton, and go with this lineup.

You know kahn will do it

I worry about the interior defense of this lineup...

Mauersota
04-02-2010, 07:30 PM

You know kahn will do it

What about Rubio and Darko?

GSRaider
04-02-2010, 07:40 PM
What were the wolves thinking when they drafted rubio and flynn?

Sheesh!

If they get the #1 pick, they should trade it for players or picks or both...

GSRaider
04-02-2010, 07:44 PM

You know kahn will do it

sounds like a warriors lineup

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 07:46 PM
What were the wolves thinking when they drafted rubio and flynn?

Sheesh!

If they get the #1 pick, they should trade it for players or picks or both...

they were thinking when Rubio dropped out of the top 3, he was going to have trouble with his buyout, and took Flynn for insurance since he had a great workout for them. Now, even Kahn stated they could play together for a bit on the floor (which probably would not have worked), but they took the 2 highest rated players they had on the board when their picks come up

It simply amazes me how little of an understanding of value most of you have. I dont mean to pick on you in the least GSRaider. But when you are 20-62, and then send away a couple of contributing players in Foye and Miller for a pick, you don't draft on need.
"Well, we drafted Rubio, so we can't draft a PG next..."
Give me a break. When you are that bad, you draft best available, and it figures itself out.
Lets say the Wolves get the #1 pick. They take Wall. Now, any team in need of a young PG has limited options. One of those will be to call David Kahn, and see what you can do. That is what value is

Cracka2HI!
04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I think no matter what the Wolves will try to make a big move this offseason. They may look to trade their pick. I think if they get #1 they have to take Wall. They may be stuck not being able to get value for Flynn and Rubio. They don't have their #1 next season and they are set up to be in the high lottery again if they are unable to sing a big name Free Agent or 2. So they may be best off getting the 2nd or 3rd pick and trading it for a veteran IMO. Getting Wall could be the worst thing to happen to them as far as next year goes. Their 5 biggest assets would be 3 PG's and 2 undersized Center/underathletic PF's. That team is in a lot of trouble.

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
sounds like a warriors lineup

haha, good call

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I think no matter what the Wolves will try to make a big move this offseason. They may look to trade their pick. I think if they get #1 they have to take Wall. They may be stuck not being able to get value for Flynn and Rubio. They don't have their #1 next season and they are set up to be in the high lottery again if they are unable to sing a big name Free Agent or 2. So they may be best off getting the 2nd or 3rd pick and trading it for a veteran IMO. Getting Wall could be the worst thing to happen to them as far as next year goes. Their 5 biggest assets would be 3 PG's and 2 undersized Center/underathletic PF's. That team is in a lot of trouble.

its still top 10 protected thru next season. Some of your post is correct, some is not. But thanks for at least being somewhat informed

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 07:49 PM
and if they don't get value for Rubio next summer, they let him sit in Europe and totally dominate. Trust me, Rubio either plays for the Wolves, or he fetches a badass player in return

tdunk21
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
wolves got 2 picks in the first round last year and they couldnt do anything but draft rubio who is playin for some team in europe.....IMO wolves need to change FO to be a better team

Mauersota
04-02-2010, 08:24 PM
wolves got 2 picks in the first round last year and they couldnt do anything but draft rubio who is playin for some team in europe.....IMO wolves need to change FO to be a better team

Three GM's in three years...brilliant!

Agar81
04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
They should take Evan Turner because he fits their need most (a SG/SF, not another PG)

topdog
04-02-2010, 09:29 PM
:yawn:

cwilson21
04-02-2010, 10:05 PM
The lack of education in the NBA forum of PSD is truly astounding.

chitownbears89
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
What if they don't?

CowboysKB24
04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Evan Turner.

FlakeyFool
04-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Omg What if The Raptors Get The First Overall Pick And Draft a Center?

GetDenarded
04-03-2010, 05:03 PM

I was going to comment on this, but than decided it was too easy.

eagles1baby4me
04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Wolves take turner...no doubt...people underestimate the kid in comparison to wall, hes the truth...warriors, u cant trade ellis or curry imo...u take wall and deal him/trade down to 3 or 4 and take favors/cousins.

DeyAce
04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
They need any help they can get. They would take Wall, but Turner is the better fit.