PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Korver could break single-season 3-point % record

Kakaroach
04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points

He is currently at 55.6% and the NBA record is 52.4% by Steve Kerr. Think he breaks it?

RaptorizedKevin
04-01-2010, 06:45 PM
wronge. jason kapono already beat it.

tredigs
04-01-2010, 06:49 PM
yeah probably. It's a bit of BS though that he'd get the record, considered he's only played 40 some odd games and doesn't take too many three's (mostly because he doesn't even play 20 minutes a game).

I think the minimum to retain this record should be at least 150 three's attempted. Which would be an average of just less than 2 a game for a full season.

Either way, kid has looked NICE from downtown.

GoatMilk
04-01-2010, 06:49 PM

no he didnt

tredigs
04-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Wrong, he didn't. It's Kerr's record.

Jays Claw
04-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Wrong. Jason Kapono already beat it.

May you please log off? :facepalm:

Jason Kapono did not break the record. :down:

Raph12
04-01-2010, 06:58 PM
With D-Will getting him open looks, yeah it's very doable.

SeoulBeatz
04-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Damnit, still wish we had Kyle over Kapono.

Kyle is def the best pure shooter the Sixers have ever had. He would be lights out for us some games and def was a solid role player for us. he also TRIES to play defense (as much as a 6'7 stocky white boy can) and takes charges.

I really dislike Kapono just because he's sooo incredibly one dimensional. playing better as of late, but i still dont like him.

Jays Claw
04-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Jason Kapono has been a one dimensional player his entire career. He is need of a big man to play down low and an explosive guard. Just look at him when he played in Miami. He had Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal. There you have the main reason to why he had a career year. The next year, Jason Kapono signed an awful contract to play in Toronto. The Raptors never really had an explosive guard to compliment Jason Kapono. They did have Chris Bosh, however, he would have a tendency to not play down low.

I was so happy when the Raptors traded him away for Reggie Evans.

td0tsfinest
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM

why did you think that?

Ye Korver will probably beat the record.

Jays Claw
04-01-2010, 07:28 PM
In my opinion, Kyle Korver will break the record.

jsumadchat
04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
what POSSIBLY made you think kapono has the record

tredigs
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM

Well let's be fair, Kapono did have that season in Miami a few years back where he flirted with the record, he might even have the 2nd highest all time (?). But yeah, didn't break it.

Again, this record by Korver really shouldn't count. The guy just has not taken enough threes/played in enough games. Just looked it up, he's taken 99. Anybody know what the minimum is for the record to stand? I assume he already past it, because in all the TNT/ESPN stat tracker graphics they put up, they never mention that he needs a certain amount of attempts. But there's about 100 people in the NBA this year who have attempted more threes than him. Just seems a little unfair to Kerr that this kid would get the record, or maybe I'm just being a hater?

thescore53
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM
wronge. Jason kapono already beat it.

wow do you have downs syndrome

bahama0811
04-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Korver will break it easily.

RaptorizedKevin
04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
May you please log off? :facepalm:

Jason Kapono did not break the record. :down:

can you stfu? i made an honest mistake. i found out kapono was less than a percent away from beating kerrs record.

can you stfu? stop baiting me. it was a mistake.
In the 2006–07 season, Kapono's points-per-game average and minutes played significantly increased, and he led the league in three-point percentage with .514, which is close to the all-time single-season three-point percentage record held by Steve Kerr (.524), and is the fourth best percentage in league season history

all i did was hear wronge and your insulting me? wtf is wronge with you.

In the 2006–07 season, Kapono's points-per-game average and minutes played significantly increased, and he led the league in three-point percentage with .514, which is close to the all-time single-season three-point percentage record held by Steve Kerr (.524), and is the fourth best percentage in league season history

i just heard wronge. i thought he passed kerrs record barely. but turns out he was just close. gosh.

Jays Claw
04-01-2010, 07:53 PM
^ You should have read the information first.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Korver should get it

TheKing23
04-01-2010, 10:39 PM

:laugh2:

TheKing23
04-01-2010, 10:40 PM
can you stfu? i made an honest mistake. i found out kapono was less than a percent away from beating kerrs record.

i just heard wronge. i thought he passed kerrs record barely. but turns out he was just close. gosh.

What's a wronge?

TheKing23
04-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I love RaptorizedKevin, he just throws out things that a ******** little brother would say.

You gotta tell him he's wrong so he doesn't do it again, but he does, and you just have to laugh.

Chronz
04-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Jason Kapono has been a one dimensional player his entire career. He is need of a big man to play down low and an explosive guard. Just look at him when he played in Miami. He had Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal. There you have the main reason to why he had a career year. The next year, Jason Kapono signed an awful contract to play in Toronto. The Raptors never really had an explosive guard to compliment Jason Kapono. They did have Chris Bosh, however, he would have a tendency to not play down low.

I was so happy when the Raptors traded him away for Reggie Evans.
I remember saying that when the Raps got him and I was crucified.

jimbobjarree
04-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Ku Klutch Korvaaaaaa!

MacFitz92
04-02-2010, 12:39 AM

MacFitz92
04-02-2010, 12:41 AM

Why in the hell are you spelling wrong, wronge? Good lord.

td0tsfinest
04-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Ku Klutch Korvaaaaaa!

do you guys really call him that?

Meth
04-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Korver should not win this due to the attempts.

I mean, if a player only had 1 3pt attempt, and makes it, shouldn't he lead the NBA in 3pt percentage? (100%)

td0tsfinest
04-02-2010, 12:48 AM

I mean, if a player only had 1 3pt attempt, and makes it, shouldn't he lead the NBA in 3pt percentage? (100%)

there's a cut off line though. I'm not sure what the number of attempts is but I'm pretty sure Korver passed it.

jimbobjarree
04-02-2010, 12:57 AM
do you guys really call him that?

haha not that I know of

jimbobjarree
04-02-2010, 12:58 AM

theres a cut off point, and Korvers made it. If he gets the record its legit

Swashcuff
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Damnit, still wish we had Kyle over Kapono.

Kyle is def the best pure shooter the Sixers have ever had. He would be lights out for us some games and def was a solid role player for us. he also TRIES to play defense (as much as a 6'7 stocky white boy can) and takes charges.

I really dislike Kapono just because he's sooo incredibly one dimensional. playing better as of late, but i still dont like him.

this x2

jimbobjarree
04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
well at least you got a 1st out of him....oh wait, traded to get cap space for the smash hit signing Elton Brand right?

king4day
04-02-2010, 10:01 AM
What do you think the market will look like for him next year? Mid level?

king4day
04-02-2010, 10:03 AM
well at least you got a 1st out of him....oh wait, traded to get cap space for the smash hit signing Elton Brand right?

I think a lot of people, including myself, saw the Brand pick up as the last piece to make Philly an elite. Just didn't workout and somehow didn't fit the system. Hindsight.

jimbobjarree
04-02-2010, 10:18 AM
agreed. And I hope not, I want him to stay but know we cant afford to pay him what he's getting currently. So far Boozers great year has gone under the radar as everyone wants Bosh and Amare, so hopefully Korver's shooting does too. CJ Miles is getting 3.7mil for similar production, something around that range would be good. Depends if we get Boozer back though, if not we will have more funds available.

dtmagnet
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
What do you think the market will look like for him next year? Mid level?

No not that high I don't think, player salaries seem to be dropping big time these days.