PDA

View Full Version : Anderson to switch positions

Flamarlins21
04-01-2010, 06:14 PM
You will no longer see "outfielder" by Brian Anderson's name on the lineup card. After failing to make the Kansas City Royal's opening day roster Anderson informed management that he is done with being an outfielder and that he wants to continue his baseball career as a pitcher. The former White Sox top prospect has lost the value he once had as the White Sox's center fielder of the future as he has struggled to hit. The White Sox shipped Anderson to the Boston Red Sox last summer for utility man Mark Kotsay. The Royals signed him in December to a one year deal after he was non-tendered by Boston this off-season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=1330

DieHardColtsfan
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Didn't this guy hit for the cycle in a game this spring? In something like 4 innings. (7RBI's). I know it was a fluke, but he also is a decent fielding OF. Dont think this was the right move. What is going on in KC, do they incourage "If you fail, you can always pitch"? Tony Pena Jr, now Brian Anderson.

Yankees Suck
04-02-2010, 06:37 PM
This move does not make a difference. The Royals will be lucky to win 70 games like every year. I think they Royals should let Billy Butler pitch next. Just so they can take the bat out of their best players hands.

Let'sgoMets
04-03-2010, 10:04 PM
thats a stupid move he wasn't even that good a pitcher at College in Arizona with an ERA over 5

Mandrew
04-05-2010, 02:58 AM
This move does not make a difference. The Royals will be lucky to win 70 games like every year. I think they Royals should let Billy Butler pitch next. Just so they can take the bat out of their best players hands.

Shoot, if they win 70 games they'd feel like they won the World Series. I think this team is closer to a 50 win team.

DewsSox79
04-05-2010, 12:15 PM
brian anderson could have been good....but his social life took priority over baseball.