PDA

View Full Version : Which Euro are you looking forward to seeing play in the NBA next season?

Swashcuff
04-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I think the majority vote will go to Rubio. So lets sort of exclude him if he's that unanamous. Who else are you guys looking most forward to seeing.

My vote is split between Fran Vázquez and Ante Tomić. If their European succes translates well into NBA success and they DO join the leage next season they could possibly seeing valuable starting minutes on the teams that hold thier rights that being the Magic and the Jazz respectively.

Who are you guys looking forward to seeing next season?

LeBroom
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Ricky
Rubio

Oh, and is Tiago Splitter European? I'd vote him too :p

R_O_W_E
04-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Fran Vazquez is not a good Euro player. Hes a rotation player who only puts up 7 PPG off the bench. I doubt he'll ever come over anyways. He wouldn't even crack the Magic's 12 man roster let alone get valuable minutes.

Ante Tomic signed a 3 year deal to remain with Real Madrid in January.

The answer is Ricky Rubio. Everybody wants to see what he can do in the NBA, and what team he will play for.

footballer2369
04-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Donatas Motiejunas and Jan Vessely and Rubio hopefully.

Swashcuff
04-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Ricky
Rubio

Oh, and is Tiago Splitter European? I'd vote him too :p

nah he isn't but would have love to see him play along side Duncan a couple years ago before his decline really started.

FlakeyFool
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
andrea bargnani

R_O_W_E
04-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Donatas Motiejunas and Jan Vessely and Rubio hopefully.

I was going to say him also. I really want to see how he would play against American competition, the scouting reports makes him sound like he could be a beast in the NBA.

jimbobjarree
04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Ante Tomic signed a three year deal with Real Madrid, he wont play for the Jazz until thats up

Swashcuff
04-01-2010, 02:49 PM

Ante Tomic signed a three year deal with Real Madrid, he wont play for the Jazz until thats up

My bad but my original name to the thread was who you want to see play the most not next season but i changed it cuz i thought next season may have been more interesting. Didnt change my original post though.

mikantsass
04-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Can I vote for none of the above? That is like asking europeans which American they are looking forward to seeing in the Champions League next year....

BALLER71
04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Splitter

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-01-2010, 03:59 PM
andrea bargnani

good answer lol

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Can I vote for none of the above? That is like asking europeans which American they are looking forward to seeing in the Champions League next year....

Jozy Altidore .

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Probably there will be nothing to witness next year.

Rubio= has onemore year with ridiculous buyout.

Claver= One more year with ridiculous buyout.

Lull= One more year and Real is offering him a long term contract with four times the money rockets can offer him to get scrub bench minutes behind martin and brooks.

Tomic= Long term locked with ridiculous buyout

Fran Vazquez= Barcelona has a team option for one more year also are offering him long term contract withMUCH more money than Orlando can pay under rookie scale.

Splitter= FA BUT Real madrid is offering him like double of what Mid level exception is its been 3 years since draft so he can negotiate with Spurs but the max they can offer him is that Mle so not likely.

Motejunas: Is not ready and will probably stay one more year or even retire from the draft.

Sofo Schortianidis: Under contract.

Is not going to be a great year in terms of surprising euros coming to Nba unless some veteran is a Fa and is offered a contract and becomes the next Garbajosa.

Theres a Chance Kleiza comes back with childress too.

SteveNash
04-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Ricky Rubio just so everyone can see how overrated he is.

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Fran Vazquez is not a good Euro player. Hes a rotation player who only puts up 7 PPG off the bench. I doubt he'll ever come over anyways. He wouldn't even crack the Magic's 12 man roster let alone get valuable minutes.

You got no clue bout how the game is played here its imposible to determinate an euro player quality with stats.

Ill drop this he is the current MVP from Last Spanish Kings cup wich the team won last month.

IndyRealist
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM

Lull= One more year and Real is offering him a long term contract with four times the money rockets can offer him to get scrub bench minutes behind martin and brooks.

Fran Vazquez= Barcelona has a team option for one more year also are offering him long term contract withMUCH more money than Orlando can pay under rookie scale.

Splitter= FA BUT Real madrid is offering him like double of what Mid level exception is its been 3 years since draft so he can negotiate with Spurs but the max they can offer him is that Mle so not likely.

Motejunas: Is not ready and will probably stay one more year or even retire from the draft.

Is not going to be a great year in terms of surprising euros coming to Nba unless some veteran is a Fa and is offered a contract and becomes the next Garbajosa.

This pretty much closes the thread, right?

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 04:14 PM
well i hope at least one or two of them decide to make me look bad and actually come ;)

ldc62
04-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know who the Euro the Blazers drafted last year? Heard he was the next Dirk...
I think he might be spanish, so Crooner do you know his name?

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know who the Euro the Blazers drafted last year? Heard he was the next Dirk...
I think he might be spanish, so Crooner do you know his name?

Vitor Claver nothing close to Dirk Pau or even Bargnani.

He can become some Weak starter on a lottery team or a SOlid 20 mpg player in a playoff team.

He is 6,9 but lacks the strenght to bang with PFs but also is not quick enough to deffend SF so he will have a hard time to solidify his position in teh league.
He is very Flashy Tough a very good 3p shooter and amazing DUNKER so he may have his day of glory in some of the allstar contests.

The fact his rights belong to blazers and Mcmillan is not going to help him at all.

That team is a black hole that destros spaniards wiht talent ( Martin, Sergio, Rudy)

Jetsguy
04-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Josh Childress

The_Pharouh
04-01-2010, 06:48 PM

there is some players you forgot about

Kevin Seraphin has already declared for this draft and he is an interesting prospect and can be a steal in the late 1st round -he was a possible lottery in 2011 btw
Jan Vesley is projected any where between 11-21 and he looks like a very interesting prospect

Nikola Peković: probably coming this year and it seems he is a very good player

Motejunas:with a possible lock out it seems that every body has the chance to enter the draft will do that

Omer Asik: I was really impressed with his play in Euro Fiba 2009 ,I think he will come next year and he is an interesting player

Sergiy Gladyr: heard a lot of good things about the kid but not sure about his situation

Nando de Colo,Nick Calathes:know nothing about them but they were drafted by teams that know how to use international players very well(mavs,spurs) can be a good rule players

GoatMilk
04-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Marc Gasol
I want to see how he improves in his 3rd season

Raph12
04-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Vasquez, he's coming to Orlando which will make Gortat a bit more expendible.

ldc62
04-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Vitor Claver nothing close to Dirk Pau or even Bargnani.

He can become some Weak starter on a lottery team or a SOlid 20 mpg player in a playoff team.

He is 6,9 but lacks the strenght to bang with PFs but also is not quick enough to deffend SF so he will have a hard time to solidify his position in teh league.
He is very Flashy Tough a very good 3p shooter and amazing DUNKER so he may have his day of glory in some of the allstar contests.

The fact his rights belong to blazers and Mcmillan is not going to help him at all.

That team is a black hole that destros spaniards wiht talent ( Martin, Sergio, Rudy)

I dunno, there was lots of hype about him.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Travis Best

Qdawg
04-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Ricky Rubio, aka Steve Nash jr. He won't be here 'til 2011, but it'll be worth the wait.

Hellcrooner
04-02-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.ballineurope.com/european-basketball/euroleague/euroleague-games-four-highlight-clips-starring-rubio-pionir-and-a-buncha-reds/

just os you get some idea of some of the aforementioned players

jmtapia
04-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Motejunas... biggest potential IMHO

arkanian215
04-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Jozy Altidore .

Sure but you know who has the best chance? Gooch!!!

I consider Giuseppe Rossie american. born and raised in jer-z.

topdog
04-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Pekovic.

And obviously the unanimous Rubio in '11.

clutchski
04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
andrea bargnani

:laugh:

jackdawson
04-02-2010, 11:47 PM
two italians for NY and Raptors a piece.

D Roses Bulls
04-03-2010, 12:08 AM

The answer is Ricky Rubio. Everybody wants to see what he can do in the NBA, and what team he will play for.

and look how brandon jennings played in europe and what he is doing now. give the man a chance before you criticize someone you have never seen play before.

The_Pharouh
04-03-2010, 07:45 AM
http://www.ballineurope.com/european-basketball/euroleague/euroleague-games-four-highlight-clips-starring-rubio-pionir-and-a-buncha-reds/

just os you get some idea of some of the aforementioned players

that is a good site,thanks

Hawkeye15
04-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Rubio won't come over for another year.
Pekovic is who I hope comes over after the Wolves trade either Jefferson or Love for a dynamic wing.

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 10:54 AM
and look how brandon jennings played in europe and what he is doing now. give the man a chance before you criticize someone you have never seen play before.

Are you serious dude?

Brandon Jennings going to Europe was nothing more than a year on the professional circuit while making money, Jennings had proven he was a beast facing top American competition that go on to become top NBA players. Fran hasn't even played against NBA caliber competition, any normal person can be skeptical if he has game or not.

Hellcrooner
04-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Are you serious dude?

Brandon Jennings going to Europe was nothing more than a year on the professional circuit while making money, Jennings had proven he was a beast facing top American competition that go on to become top NBA players. Fran hasn't even played against NBA caliber competition, any normal person can be skeptical if he has game or not.

As i told you he got Mvp in spanish kings cup.

Another Players that have grabbed Mvp honours in Spain:

Marc Gasol.
Pau Gasol.
Rudy Fernandez.
Luis Scola.
Jc Navarro.
Charlie Bell.
Arvidas Sabonis.
Dratzen Petrovic.

So i guess
he stands a chance to contribute in the league....

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 11:18 AM
As i told you he got Mvp in spanish kings cup.

Another Players that have grabbed Mvp honours in Spain:

Marc Gasol.
Pau Gasol.
Rudy Fernandez.
Luis Scola.
Jc Navarro.
Charlie Bell.
Arvidas Sabonis.
Dratzen Petrovic.

So i guess
he stands a chance to contribute in the league....
When did he get MVP in the Spanish King's Cup?

For the last few years hes been dead in the water coming off of the bench in Europe, he'll be 27 this year. I just dont see how you can compare him to the likes of Scola, Sabonis, etc who were proven Champions in Europe before coming over. The difference between Vazquez and the likes of Fernandez, Marc Gasol, and Pau Gasol is that they came over to the NBA several years younger and have been given time to develop their game here. Marc went to HS in Memphis anyways.

Hes 27 with limited experience in the NBA style of basketball, and you expect him to somehow be a rotation player for a Top 5 NBA team?

alencp3
04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Jan Vesely

Kakaroach
04-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Rubio won't be coming next year and I think the same goes with Ante Tomic. I'm pretty sure he signed a multi-year deal this off-season so the Jazz won't be seeing him anytime soon.

Anywho I'd have to say a draftee, maybe Mitiejuanas or Vesely.

Niro
04-07-2010, 11:30 AM
me

Cbrink2512
04-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Rubio is definitely the most overrated European player in history. Has anyone seen what Brandon Jennings did to him while he was playing over there. He shut Rubio down and had no problem putting up a double double on him