PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac Interested In Signing With Magic next season

JordansBulls
04-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Link (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/mcgrady_would_welcome_return_to_anQ0o1YtZZNVrS10yj N4RI#ixzz0jqdL8pfc)

Tracy McGrady said he would love to sign next season with Orlando, where he hails from, and ripped the former Magic president who traded him.

"Of course because it's home, that's home," McGrady said yesterday before the Knicks' 118-90 loss to the Blazers at Rose Garden. "I hated it that I left. I hated I left because I established myself there and made a name for myself. It was a situation where the GM [John Weisbrod] that was there made a huge mistake."

Weisbrod, whose has since been fired, traded McGrady in 2004 in a deal for Steve Francis.

"They got him out of there because he was out of his mind," McGrady said of Weisbrod.

McGrady said he is still unsure of team president Donnie Walsh's intentions, but feels he will still be "great" next season when he has a full summer of strengthening his legs.

"I think it's possible they'll get back to The Finals," McGrady said. "And if you add me to the mix, I like Orlando. We'll see."

Could T-mac be like Gary Payton now where Payton went from the Sonics to the Lakers to the Heat chasing rings.

PlezPlayDKnicks
04-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I think he just wants to play period...

still1ballin
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Hope this happens, then my #1 Orlando tmac jersey won't go to waste.

G-Funk
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Nelson
Carter
McGrady
Lewis
Howard

Raph12
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Wade, Boozer and Tmac all want to play with Dwight in Orlando, problem is, they are in the luxury so Wade is untouchable (unless it's via S&T [what could they give Miami besides Dwight?]), they can't sign Boozer (unless he takes the MLE) and they don't want to sign Tmac (unless he takes the vet's min and possibly a bench role).

Realistically, they'll probably look to trade Gortat and Redick (via S&T) for something solid, but nothing out of the park.

HouRealCoach
04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Put T-Mac back in Orlando... Seems to me like he doesnt care where he plays as long as he's comfortable

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
he's done

sep11ie
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I heard T-mac's also interested in the Houston Comets

NYK_kidd77
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM
I've been watching Tmac for awhile and if he doesn't improve this summer he will only make the team worse.

pebloemer
04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
McGrady and Carter reunited after their primes. Could make a good storyline.

chrism8188
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Yea he's done, didn't he say he was gonna do something this year? Yea he's a bust...body on tha floor at best

jetsfan28
04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
He'd be a good fit. He's the replacement for Turkoglu that they never got, they needed that point forward to create matchup problems.

GodsSon
04-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Trying to ride other's coat-tails to a title...sad

chrism8188
04-01-2010, 12:43 PM
He'd be a good fit. He's the replacement for Turkoglu that they never got, they needed that point forward to create matchup problems.
T-mac is not as good Turkoglu, that knee problem will nag him forever, think about it its been a long time and when he gets a lil banged up he cries, Turkoglu was all over the place hustlin on tha floor, t-mac lacks that now

NY Till I Die
04-01-2010, 12:44 PM
He'll go with whoever signs him.

chrism8188
04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Tmac to tha nets FTW! Lol

macc
04-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Honestly I have to laugh at people who say T Mac is done. Fact of life is it just takes time to get back from injuries. I never realized what it was like until I broke my foot this past year. It takes time. I understand we live in the "what have you done for me lately" league so people will put their final judgement on what somone is doing today rather than what they are capable of.

T Mac straight up said his legs aren't back yet. I'll wait to put my full opinion on it until hes had an entire off season to work his conditioning back up. Hes not old, the guy is like 30 years old. He still has plenty of time to return to form.

If next year he's sucking it up then I'll more likely say he needs to take a bench seat. But when people expect him to go from superstar to surgery to superstar within the first couple months of him being back, it's like I have to ask the poster the question of "have you ever played a sport in your life." Because these crazy expectations point to the fact that you prob have never left your couch.

Sadds The Gr8
04-01-2010, 12:56 PM
trying to ride other's coat-tails to a title...sad

+1

jackdawson
04-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Wade, Boozer and Tmac all want to play with Dwight in Orlando, problem is, they are in the luxury so Wade is untouchable (unless it's via S&T [what could they give Miami besides Dwight?]), they can't sign Boozer (unless he takes the MLE) and they don't want to sign Tmac (unless he takes the vet's min and possibly a bench role).

Realistically, they'll probably look to trade Gortat and Redick (via S&T) for something solid, but nothing out of the park.

Show me where wade said he wants to play in ORLANDO.
All I remember he said dwight would be the best fit for him and he would love to play with Dwight.

FOBolous
04-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Honestly I have to laugh at people who say T Mac is done. Fact of life is it just takes time to get back from injuries. I never realized what it was like until I broke my foot this past year. It takes time. I understand we live in the "what have you done for me lately" league so people will put their final judgement on what somone is doing today rather than what they are capable of.

T Mac straight up said his legs aren't back yet. I'll wait to put my full opinion on it until hes had an entire off season to work his conditioning back up. Hes not old, the guy is like 30 years old. He still has plenty of time to return to form.

If next year he's sucking it up then I'll more likely say he needs to take a bench seat. But when people expect him to go from superstar to surgery to superstar within the first couple months of him being back, it's like I have to ask the poster the question of "have you ever played a sport in your life." Because these crazy expectations point to the fact that you prob have never left your couch.

tmac fan boys has been saying this for YEARS now. literally years. when will they realize that Tmac is not the same player he is before

chrism8188
04-01-2010, 01:08 PM
tmac fan boys has been saying this for YEARS now. literally years. when will they realize that Tmac is not the same player he is before
this

Chronz
04-01-2010, 01:08 PM
T-mac is not as good Turkoglu, that knee problem will nag him forever, think about it its been a long time and when he gets a lil banged up he cries, Turkoglu was all over the place hustlin on tha floor, t-mac lacks that now
He lacks Turks shooting touch but he can create better than him. Turk isnt so gifted that Tmac doesnt project as a similar player. Hell on 1 leg he was his equal, this is year 1 of his recovery from MF.

When will you realize that NO ONE is expecting him to return to his peak form.

Chronz
04-01-2010, 01:09 PM
this

respond

Chronz
04-01-2010, 01:11 PM

LOL apparently saying Tmac isnt done means your expecting him to return to Superstar form from some people.

Tmac could EASILY look better next year, people dont recover from MF in 1 year. And even in his current state hes a quality reserve off the pine.

Raph12
04-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Show me where wade said he wants to play in ORLANDO.
All I remember he said dwight would be the best fit for him and he would love to play with Dwight.

Who cares, he said he wants to play with Dwight, and Dwight said he's staying Orlando for his whole career, no questions asked. Wade's willing to move, Dwight isn't... Nuff said.

Plus it doesn't matter, they can't offer him a max deal and Miami doesn't want anything from Orlando besides Dwight, which they aren't willing to give.

what54!?
04-01-2010, 01:12 PM
didn't he want out? How is he an idiot GM?

T-mac is gonna be a ring chaser. that being said him and the magic will be nice. He would be the playmaker turk was for them last season.

WadeCounty
04-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I just want to see him return to his former team and be reunited with his cousin vince aswell

chrism8188
04-01-2010, 01:20 PM
when i say hes done, i mean he cant be that superstar he once was, he would be a outstanding bench player, and when he says "my name will be up there with lebron, kobe" [when hes back to 100%] then he jus gets annoying...im afriad he will turn into a allen iverson....role playing wise

Chronz
04-01-2010, 01:20 PM
didn't he want out? How is he an idiot GM?

T-mac is gonna be a ring chaser. that being said him and the magic will be nice. He would be the playmaker turk was for them last season.

He only wanted out because the idiot pushed him out. Mac was willing to stay but he stated he would opt out within a year if things didnt improve and if they didnt start respecting his opinion on roster decisions. Wiseguy scoffed and said he wasnt a true star and the feud began.

Chronz
04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
when i say hes done, i mean he cant be that superstar he once was, he would be a outstanding bench player, and when he says "my name will be up there with lebron, kobe" [when hes back to 100%] then he jus gets annoying...im afriad he will turn into a allen iverson....role playing wise
Yea thats reasonable, Tmac can expect whatever he wants but once he realizes he is who he is, he has the intelligence to settle into that role without complaints. Right now hes just hopeful and trying to land a new contract.

jackdawson
04-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Who cares, he said he wants to play with Dwight, and Dwight said he's staying Orlando for his whole career, no questions asked. Wade's willing to move, Dwight isn't... Nuff said.
Plus it doesn't matter, they can't offer him a max deal and Miami doesn't want anything from Orlando besides Dwight, which they aren't willing to give.

Wade never said he wants to move. He said it over and over again that miami is where he wants to be rest of his career. You can't even show me that he said he wants to move.

And for who cares?? You dont expect someone else to be accountable for your stupid statement, right?

FOBolous
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Yea thats reasonable, Tmac can expect whatever he wants but once he realizes he is who he is, he has the intelligence to settle into that role without complaints. Right now hes just hopeful and trying to land a new contract.

so where was that "intelligence" when he was with the Rockets hogging the ball and trying to be "the man" all the time?

JOSKOMANG4
04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
As of now:

C) d.howard/m.gortat/a.foyle
pf) r.lewis/b.bass/r.anderson
sf) m.pietrus/m.barnes
sg) v.carter/jj redick
pg) j.nelson/j.williams/a.johnson

great team on paper.

RocketsRule
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM

That's actually a pretty good comparison. McGrady might not have his explosiveness anymore, but he's still a great ball distributor and can run an offense. With the Magic, I can see him averaging something like 13, 6, and 5. Solid numbers but nothing too special.

Not sure if the Magic would be interested in T-Mac, but it would nice to see him back where he made his name.

FlakeyFool
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
McGrady is a washed up bum

CowboysKB24
04-01-2010, 01:36 PM
McGrady still talking ish a little bit. Seems a little cocky to me when he says add me to the mix and well see what happens. I don' think he can bring the Magic over the hump. I would love to see Wade or some other star go there.

Jamiecballer
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM

We have a Hedo hustling sighting! alert the press! i have only heard rumours of such things!

chrism8188
04-01-2010, 01:41 PM
LOL apparently saying Tmac isnt done means your expecting him to return to Superstar form from some people.

Tmac could EASILY look better next year, people dont recover from MF in 1 year. And even in his current state hes a quality reserve off the pine.

so where was that "intelligence" when he was with the Rockets hogging the ball and trying to be "the man" all the time?

hmm good question lol

chrism8188
04-01-2010, 01:42 PM
We have a Hedo hustling sighting! alert the press! i have only heard rumours of such things!

lol keyword i said is "was" hustling, and i was referring when he was in Orlando...now its jus kinda sad in Toronto lol

Chronz
04-01-2010, 02:22 PM
It was there as evident by his usage dropping and his efficiency rising with the addition of Artest (thus proving he wasntr trying to be "the man" even though he was on 1 leg all year, your just too blinded by foolish notions to see it. Youd have a great point had he continued to chuck even though the team added Artest the way Kobe has with his addition. But Tmac knew he wasnt THAT good anymore so he deferred.

hmm good question lol
Question answered.

ManRam
04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I haven't read the other posts...but in my opinion, I'd rather have JJ, even if it costs a little bit more (would be a longer deal too) than T-Mac more the minimum, or close to it.

chrism8188
04-01-2010, 02:33 PM
It was there as evident by his usage dropping and his efficiency rising with the addition of Artest (thus proving he wasntr trying to be "the man" even though he was on 1 leg all year, your just too blinded by foolish notions to see it. Youd have a great point had he continued to chuck even though the team added Artest the way Kobe has with his addition. But Tmac knew he wasnt THAT good anymore so he deferred.

Question answered.

not really...did tmac tell you this himself? lol...and i was kinda thinkin he was talkin about post-artest when he wanted to come back with more minutes thinkin he was ready to go and carry tha team. why didnt he jus come off the bench then????????? wheres tha intelligence if "Tmac knew he wasnt THAT good anymore".....????

MJ-BULLS
04-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I'd love to see Tracy McGrady back in Orlando.

But I don't think that they will try to sign him if he is a little bit too pricey.

macc
04-01-2010, 02:46 PM

Years? 2008 he was averaging 22 ppg. It's 2010. You're making it sound like its been 3-5 years since he's done anything. His numbers dropped when he got injured. Saying he's injury prone would be fair, but saying he's got nothing to offer or that he can't get back to form is just stupid. The guy is 30 yrs old.

All I'm saying is I would like to see him on a healthy knee rehabbed a full off season before I make final judgement. Because then at least we can see what his full potential is.

But let me ask people this. What makes people believe he doesn't have the capablitly to be an all star again? In 08-09 he aver 16 ppg on a jacked up knee, now its fixed and needs to be strengthened again. I mean if the guy was 33-35 I would say ya doubt he can be the same person, but he's 30. An NBA player typically reaches his prime at 29. Soo once again I'm saying people live in the "what have you done for me lately" league and put unrealistic expectations on people when they are injured. Makes zero sense to me.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-01-2010, 02:56 PM
put tmac in a lakers jersey at the 1 sheit anything is better than what we have now... lmaooo

JordansBulls
04-01-2010, 03:34 PM
put tmac in a lakers jersey at the 1 sheit anything is better than what we have now... lmaooo

Naw, he would complain about shots. Fisher really doesn't complain about anything.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Naw, he would complain about shots. Fisher really doesn't complain about anything.

i really dont think at this point in his career and considering how the last couple of years have gone for him he would complain about being on a championship team and taking a little less shots. plus im sure his defensive presence is better than farmar, brown and fisher combined hahahahahhahaa

*Superman*
04-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I said i would take him for the vet min. and off the bench.

Chronz
04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
not really...did tmac tell you this himself? lol...and i was kinda thinkin he was talkin about post-artest when he wanted to come back with more minutes thinkin he was ready to go and carry tha team. why didnt he jus come off the bench then????????? wheres tha intelligence if "Tmac knew he wasnt THAT good anymore".....????
He wasnt talking about that (reread his post) and he doesnt have to tell me himself because its visible in his play. But to answer your Q he never said anything about carrying the team, nor did he have a problem coming off the bench, he just wanted more than 8MPG, something that only a fool would link to lack of intelligence. Any other Q's?

IndyRealist
04-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Years? 2008 he was averaging 22 ppg. It's 2010. You're making it sound like its been 3-5 years since he's done anything. His numbers dropped when he got injured. Saying he's injury prone would be fair, but saying he's got nothing to offer or that he can't get back to form is just stupid. The guy is 30 yrs old.

All I'm saying is I would like to see him on a healthy knee rehabbed a full off season before I make final judgement. Because then at least we can see what his full potential is.

But let me ask people this. What makes people believe he doesn't have the capablitly to be an all star again? In 08-09 he aver 16 ppg on a jacked up knee, now its fixed and needs to be strengthened again. I mean if the guy was 33-35 I would say ya doubt he can be the same person, but he's 30. An NBA player typically reaches his prime at 29. Soo once again I'm saying people live in the "what have you done for me lately" league and put unrealistic expectations on people when they are injured. Makes zero sense to me.

NBA players reach their prime at 25, not 29. The decline just isn't very noticable until 30ish. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703478704574612553424283372.html

I think quite a bit of all-star voting for t-mac was attributed to the Chinese adopting the Rockets as their unofficial NBA team. To be an all-star gain he's going to have to actually outplay people, the likes of Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson, Devin Harris, Jameer Nelson, Rajon Rondo, and even Stephen Jackson. It's even tougher out West.

dtmagnet
04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
If I were Orlando, I would say "lol no thanks."

SA5195
04-01-2010, 04:27 PM
He probably wants to play with his cousin Carter.

It'll be like Toronto all over, except both of them will be in a Magics uniform.

macc
04-01-2010, 04:40 PM
NBA players reach their prime at 25, not 29. The decline just isn't very noticable until 30ish. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703478704574612553424283372.html

I think quite a bit of all-star voting for t-mac was attributed to the Chinese adopting the Rockets as their unofficial NBA team. To be an all-star gain he's going to have to actually outplay people, the likes of Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson, Devin Harris, Jameer Nelson, Rajon Rondo, and even Stephen Jackson. It's even tougher out West.

I disagree. 25-32 is when people reach their prime. 32-35 is when players start showing their age. 35-38 is typically when they can't compete with the younger athletic guys. 38+ retire.

srfr4life
04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
If he took the veteran minimum and came off the bench, I'd say it might be worth doing. If he had limited minutes to keep healthy, the MAGIC would still look strong and deep.

Raph12
04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Wade never said he wants to move. He said it over and over again that miami is where he wants to be rest of his career. You can't even show me that he said he wants to move.

And for who cares?? You dont expect someone else to be accountable for your stupid statement, right?

You're an idiot, Wade said "Dwight is already close right here in Orlando. People who say it couldn't happen (us playing on the same team), they don't know. I've learned in this league that anything is possible" he continued on by saying "I said from Day One that I wanted to be in Miami, that maybe I could get certain players to come to Miami, but at the same time, this is my only chance at free agency ... There are a lot of possibilities out there. And nothing is impossible."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/11/25/wades-free-agency-could-end-in-orlando/

In comparison, Dwight basically says as long as the city of Orlando is behind him, he'll continue to be loyal to them for his career: "My responsibility is to my family first, then the organization and then my city. I will never turn my back on this city as long as they don't turn their back on me ... I've always wanted to see Orlando on top because we've always been overlooked -- not just as a basketball franchise—but as a city. I do a lot for the community, especially in the African-American community, because of what goes on. I try to do my best... So I love this place. I want to stay here.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/190883-howard-can-make-a-name-in-orlando

To sum things up, Dwight doesn't want to move no matter what (unless they don't want him in O-town), while Wade will test the waters this summer and keep his options open. If Wade truly does want to play with Dwight, it will be in Orlando.