PDA

View Full Version : Al Harrington?

the unknown
04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
He has been known to be black hole at times, but is a good slasher, shooter, good post moves and always been known to be a great locker room guy.. he isnt going to be a Knicks next season and wants to play for a winner.. he has been injured all season long and still puts up 18 a game.. he is a free agent.. i was just wondering what the fans around the league think of him and how much is he worth..

example:
Spurs could use his offense to stretch the d more for Duncan as a 7th man off the bench for 25 mins per game.. 5 years 30 mill

Nets if they dont aquire a big to go next to Lopez..

the unknown
04-01-2010, 10:47 AM
i know the bulls and Bucks were interested in him also close to the trading deadline..

mikantsass
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I think Jamal Crawford is a good comparison (yes i know they play different positions). I think their roles and contracts should be similar, as they have similar impact on games. Al should go to a contender, as he is not getting any younger. His offensive skills can boost someones bench production (maybe LAL, Utah, Portland)

R_O_W_E
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I think he is the definition of a Full MLE player, I think he brings more versatility and more value as a 6th Man than as a starter. Hes a good scorer but on a good team he'd be a 4th option.

At his age he might be looking to win now so I dont think he'd look at the Nets despite being his hometown team.

Jetsguy
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
he is instant O but if you have any young players you want to develope forget about it because when the ball touches his hands on O he is shooting one way or another.

I would agree he belongs on a contender Boston, LAL, SA etc.

IndyRealist
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Teams with a serious need for a scorer who can get his own shot, or scoring in general, will be interested. Several teams have cleared room for 2010 and quite a few are going to miss out on big free agents, so these B/C tier players will land decent contracts somewhere. He just turned 30 so he should have 3-5 productive years left.

meloman1592
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
denver could use him

PlezPlayDKnicks
04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
AL woud be a great Laker... Phil Jackson wouldnt put up with his foolishness... He'd be forced to play team ball on a great team..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
4 millions per year and I'd welcome him to the lakers

Sadds The Gr8
04-01-2010, 01:03 PM
If he goes to a team with discipline and a winning attitude, I think he can be a dangerous 6th man...A team like Phoenix would be good for him...or maybe the Spurs if Manu leaves.

jetsfan28
04-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Only problem is, it's impossible for him to play for a winner, because any team he plays for won't win

Giaps
04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
He would be a very good 6th man... their job is to come off the bench and provide a scoring punch and AH can certainly do that. I don't think he should be starting.

JOSKOMANG4
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I agree that Harrington is definitely worth the Full MDE(5.65 per year) & as a net fan, I'd love to see him with the nets.

He'd be a great addition as either as the backup PF or SF. Our Current SF's, CDR4 & T.Williams, can both learn alot playing with Harrington.

I do believe that the nets WILL make a splash this offseason with a big FA signing.

- Getting the 1st overall pick & drafting John wall

- Trading Devin Harris to the Sixers for AI23.

- Signing a big-name Free agent Power Forward( Bosh-Max Contract or Boozer, 5yr 70mil).

Lineup w/Bosh

C) Lopez/ Boone(re-up)
PF) Bosh/Yi/Humphries/N.Jawai(G-Tech)
SF) T.Williams/Al Harrington
SG) AI23/ C.Lee/CDR4
PG) Jon Wall/ K.Dooling/Scottie Reynolds(Villanova).

SaimoNETS
04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Only problem is, it's impossible for him to play for a winner, because any team he plays for won't win

That's what they said with Jamal Crawford.

dtmagnet
04-01-2010, 04:27 PM
MLE as a 6th man.

met.knick.giant
04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Take this from a die-hard Knick fan...

The only way to get the max potential/value out of Big Al is if he plays on a championship contender and isnt counted on to take the majority of shots. A team like the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, or Magic would be ideal, since each already has a star to take up most of the box score's FGA...On the knicks Al is counted on to be the go to guy, since David Lee isnt a creater, and Gallo isnt quite ready to be a star this young in his progression. 'Cause of this, Al really isnt a winner, he puts up solid numbers, but lacks intensity on defense, and gets so tired by the end of games that he slows the entire team down while being counted on to lead them to victory.

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
He could be a MASSIVE solution to bolster a youngs contender thin bench im talking bout BLaz, Grizz or THu....