PDA

View Full Version : Lebron not playing at the world games this summer

D Roses Bulls
04-01-2010, 01:07 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5045012

i dont think will affect the US much at all

*Superman*
04-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Eh. Can't really blame him he has **** to do. He is LeBron ****ing James.

D Roses Bulls
04-01-2010, 01:13 AM
im glad, i get to see durrant play more and it gives others a chance to step up and have the experience

ElMarroAfamado
04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
hes lebron james he doesnt need to play in the world games

Draco
04-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Hopefully Lebron's not making Kazaam 2 with Shaq.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-01-2010, 01:47 AM
I wonder if Colangelo really means what he says though lol. I doubt he does with a player like Lebron.

_KB24_
04-01-2010, 01:49 AM
What can possibly be more important than representing your country against the best teams in the world.... :rolleyes:

GSW Hoops
04-01-2010, 01:57 AM
LeBron was never a great international player anyways... Didn't do much in the Olympics, unlike Kobe, who carried the team.

LeBroom
04-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Lebron's too busy scouting other Free Agents to join him in New York :p

xBLAMEITON24x
04-01-2010, 02:23 AM
can't wait to see Durant..

JiffyMix88
04-01-2010, 02:49 AM
LeBron was never a great international player anyways... Didn't do much in the Olympics, unlike Kobe, who carried the team.

lmao were we watching the same olympic games im pretty sure it was dwane wade and everyone on the usa team acknowledged this

D Roses Bulls
04-01-2010, 04:41 AM

what olympics were you watching? wade carried that team. go back to the videos son

D Roses Bulls
04-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Lebron's too busy scouting other Free Agents to join him in New York :p

lmao..... oh the joke of the day. we know no ones not going to new york.

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 04:51 AM
Bleh

Another Big Name that falls down from the championship.

Tony P, Dirk, Pau, Manu had already stated they wouldnt go.

So, Toned down Competitition.

And the saddest part is that if Argentina or Spain beat team usa now they will use the lebronless excuse even if they were ithouth their best player too.

LeBroom
04-01-2010, 05:08 AM
lmao..... oh the joke of the day. we know no ones not going to new york.

Oh, so you're agreeing with me :)

Haha. Pathetic.

alencp3
04-01-2010, 05:24 AM
They still have Durant

hans dolo
04-01-2010, 06:47 AM
lebron CAN and WILL do whatever he wants........evidently.

DitchDat
04-01-2010, 06:50 AM
Durantula!

DodgerBulls
04-01-2010, 06:57 AM
So the guy basically played for most of international games for the US right after his rookie season then all of a sudden, he decided not to participate on an event because he stated his agenda for the summer. What is wrong with that really? The guy has a life outside basketball.. we should be happy that he is giving us an honest answer not that "i'd like to spend time with my family" excuse that most of players usually use. Where was this when Kidd, Kobe, and other players blew off their invitations the past years?

JordansBulls
04-01-2010, 08:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5045012

i dont think will affect the US much at all

You mean FIBA?

wileyisTOFU
04-01-2010, 08:32 AM
That tournament they did in Vegas before the Olypmics had to be the most under-rated basketball event

prodigy
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Hopefully Lebron's not making Kazaam 2 with Shaq.

you would watch it.

thescore53
04-01-2010, 08:45 AM
i made the same thread last night

mikantsass
04-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Who cares... the world games suck.... noone cares....

Ray_R
04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
What can possibly be more important than representing your country against the best teams in the world.... :rolleyes:

we alreadfy hold that title :flag:

Raps18-19 Champ
04-01-2010, 10:01 AM

Free Agency?

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
we alreadfy hold that title :flag:

No you dont you have the Olympic gold.

The current World Fiba Champions is you know wich country.

jim51990
04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
honestly it doesnt matter id be upset if it was the olympics but its not

TopsyTurvy
04-01-2010, 01:19 PM
I can't blame any player for taking a break from competitive basketball. With FIBA coming into it's own, marquis players are now expected to regularly play competitive basketball year round?

I'd really like to see FIBA slap an upper age requirement on players representing each country to draw, develop, and introduce younger players to the international community.

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 02:00 PM
What i wonder is why soccer players are DYING to play in the world cup and Basketball players always come with excuses to not play in it.

CowboysKB24
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
What i wonder is why soccer players are DYING to play in the world cup and Basketball players always come with excuses to not play in it.

It is not as competitive (basketball that is). US Soccer is not known as a top team in the world so they are fighting to get there, whereas in basketball the US has dominated most of the time. MLS Soccer players don't make nearly as much as basketball players. I think making so much money brings you away from the game sometimes. Soccer players also don't get as much publicity and endorsements either. They don't do movies and commercials and extra stuff all the time. They don't know any better, but to play soccer. The game means more to these guys than anything else. Basketball players have all these extra things going on, well most of them and they have loads and loads of cash. This isn't true for every player, but you get what I am trying to saying?

Also if US Soccer wins and you aren't apart of that team... think about it...
If US Basketball wins it is like oh again... or we didn't have our best players... there is no doubt that we still breed the best basketball players.

SteveNash
04-01-2010, 04:27 PM

Soccer players seem to care a lot more about the world cup while skipping out on soccer during the Olympics.

And this isn't very good news for the US. Durant isn't a good option since the US needs bigs not twigs.

Hellcrooner
04-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Well i was refering in General not only to team use.

Parker, Manu, Pau and Dirk have already said they wont play.

IM pissed at Pau i mean we have to try to RETAIN the gold and that wont be possible withouth him.

D Roses Bulls
04-01-2010, 06:54 PM
It is not as competitive (basketball that is). US Soccer is not known as a top team in the world so they are fighting to get there, whereas in basketball the US has dominated most of the time. MLS Soccer players don't make nearly as much as basketball players. I think making so much money brings you away from the game sometimes. Soccer players also don't get as much publicity and endorsements either. They don't do movies and commercials and extra stuff all the time. They don't know any better, but to play soccer. The game means more to these guys than anything else. Basketball players have all these extra things going on, well most of them and they have loads and loads of cash. This isn't true for every player, but you get what I am trying to saying?

Also if US Soccer wins and you aren't apart of that team... think about it...
If US Basketball wins it is like oh again... or we didn't have our best players... there is no doubt that we still breed the best basketball players.

i know this is off topic but AI4MVP really said that on your sig? wow....... dumbest thing ever said on psd

TheGsw
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
what olympics were you watching? wade carried that team. go back to the videos son
:facepalm:

_KB24_
04-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Free Agency?

Colangelo has already said that he will pardon any family reasons, injuries, and pending FA for the minicamp.......

The players have the ball in their court. Real stupid of them to not show up.

McPeak92
04-01-2010, 09:55 PM
April Fools joke or is LeBron this ***** made?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Colangelo has already said that he will pardon any family reasons, injuries, and pending FA for the minicamp.......

The players have the ball in their court. Real stupid of them to not show up.

So the man is getting set for the most hectic and busiest summer of his career and he should go to a tournament the USA are already favorites to play?

The guys has been committed since 2004. Give the man a break if he wants to rest for the next season instead of playing.

D Roses Bulls
04-02-2010, 05:28 AM
:facepalm:

obviously this kid didnt watch the Olympics. go back to film, hell since most of you kids are stuck on stats these days, go look at his stats compared to lebron and kobe

CowboysKB24
04-03-2010, 02:30 AM
i know this is off topic but AI4MVP really said that on your sig? wow....... dumbest thing ever said on psd

Yes he said it. How awful? LOL