PDA

View Full Version : Who wins a Championship first?

JDizzle
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Lebron James or Kevin Durant?

Personally I like Durants chances. I really think he is the next mj. He is that special and that team is young and only going to get better this is there 2nd full season together as a core I believe, maybe 3rd and there going to get 50 wins. Duarant is only 21 and going to get better and he is already leading or a close second for scoring. Of course the west is very tough lebron james would have the easier path but he has been in the league now for 7yrs and his team has done nothing but improve and improve and they still havent got a ring yet. If they cant win this year I dont know if lebron will ever win a ring, unless him and another high class free agent this summer team up. But Ill say Kd will win won before lebron

-Big-Baby-
03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
please, PLEASE leave this planet. you are a disgrace to the world. there is no way in hell Durant will be the next "MJ" or even win a ring before Lebron James. You guys on PSD are over-hyping Durant. Remember he's on a team where hes the only sufficient scorer. Please delete this thread lol. If anything we should be talking Melo vs. Lebron.

JDizzle
04-01-2010, 12:07 AM
oo lebron james has other sufficient scorers do tell? cause I woud take russell westbrook over mo williams. but please who are other sufficient scoers on cavs I like to know. Kd is only 21 hasnt even reached his prime I dont see why he cant be like an mj he can do anything you want. And im not over hyping him he is just that good.

kobe24>lebron23
04-01-2010, 12:14 AM
please, PLEASE leave this planet. you are a disgrace to the world. there is no way in hell Durant will be the next "MJ" or even win a ring before Lebron James. You guys on PSD are over-hyping Durant. Remember he's on a team where hes the only sufficient scorer. Please delete this thread lol. If anything we should be talking Melo vs. Lebron.

no i actually agree with jdizzle or whatever his name is durant is that good idk if mj good but good and idk if he wins one before lebron but he certaintly has a good chance starting next year... and if we on psd hype durant up to much just look at what espn and the media did to u they hyped u up with all this lebron james crap lol if anything lebron is the hyped one after winning what? exactly nothing!!!:facepalm: man durant can be the best player in the nba he just needs time kinda like lebron... i still think kobe is the best though and so do most nba players haha go kd go!

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:21 AM
ummm... LEBRON... Durant is good but dosent come close to mj

Avenged
04-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Can't really pick Durant as of right now. Lebron has a great chance to win it this season while Durant's are slim.

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
YOU need to give the thunder some time, theyre pretty young... its the first time durant makes the playoffs c'mon man

Stuckey#3
04-01-2010, 12:24 AM
I think LBJ is going to blow it again. This team is too much like the '04 Lakers. You can't just stack talent and expect an awesome playoff run. I think he will walk in free agency and get his first championship in a major market(years down the road). That being said, I think KD has the better chance, because he has the better nucleus and he also lives without the belief that he is the second coming of Christ.

WITZ
04-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Right now the cavs are contending for a championship ,while the thunder are not at that point yet so because of that reason ima go with lebron.

jackdawson
04-01-2010, 12:29 AM

Personally I like Durants chances. I really think he is the next mj. He is that special and that team is young and only going to get better this is there 2nd full season together as a core I believe, maybe 3rd and there going to get 50 wins. Duarant is only 21 and going to get better and he is already leading or a close second for scoring. Of course the west is very tough lebron james would have the easier path but he has been in the league now for 7yrs and his team has done nothing but improve and improve and they still havent got a ring yet. If they cant win this year I dont know if lebron will ever win a ring, unless him and another high class free agent this summer team up. But Ill say Kd will win won before lebron

Ok, now this deserves a :facepalm:

what's wrong with these people? First it was with Derrick Rose, then Pau Gasol, and now Kevin Durant. Look, don't try to make his name irritating to PSD users. As far as I know he is probably the most loved player on PSD. He doesn't have many hater because he is a humble kid and a great talent. Now, dont start these BS threads saying he is the next MJ or any ****. He is Kevin Durant, and he will be known by his name. Let the kid play and be loved by everyone.

kobe24>lebron23
04-01-2010, 12:32 AM

what's wrong with these people? First it was with Derrick Rose, then Pau Gasol, and now Kevin Durant. Look, don't try to make his name irritating to PSD users. As far as I know he is probably the most loved player on PSD. He doesn't have many hater because he is a humble kid and a great talent. Now, dont start these BS threads saying he is the next MJ or any ****. He is Kevin Durant, and he will be known by his name. Let the kid play and be loved by everyone.

damn straight with that said durant 4 mvp ofcourse behind lebron dont want psd to get mad :rolleyes:

King Drew
04-01-2010, 12:41 AM
oo lebron james has other sufficient scorers do tell? cause I woud take russell westbrook over mo williams. but please who are other sufficient scoers on cavs I like to know. Kd is only 21 hasnt even reached his prime I dont see why he cant be like an mj he can do anything you want. And im not over hyping him he is just that good.

mo williams. jamison. big z all these guys put up numbers

Avenged
04-01-2010, 12:43 AM

Kevin Durant will be hated by lots once he really makes a name for himself, just wait and see!

Rego247
04-01-2010, 12:56 AM
there is no next MJ...why do ppl always look to find the next anything...there is no chance in hell anyone is as good as mj, or having a career close to it.

even if durant wins 6 champioships, which i highly doubt. he'll will never be as good as mj, no one will, not even kobe or lebron.

if u want to make an argument for those guys, u can but still no dice, kobe has 4 ships, lebron has been to the finals, kd hasnt played a single playoff game yet. hes getting way overhyped, not fair to the kid to put so much pressure on him.

and about the core? they have a good one, but for how long, times gonna come when westbrook, green, and kd wanna all get paid, what then?

comparing a guy whose having a breakout season, to the greatest player of all time is the defintion of hype

JDizzle
04-01-2010, 12:58 AM
^ why the **** not he has a great core around him like mj he does **** like mj and he is only 21

jackdawson
04-01-2010, 01:04 AM
damn straight with that said durant 4 mvp ofcourse behind lebron dont want psd to get mad :rolleyes:

My comment was nothing related to Lebron. It was strictly on that bolded part (MJ). watch, read, and post. welcome.

Stuckey#3
04-01-2010, 01:09 AM
I agree with you dizzle. KD is capable of greatness... even without all the endorsements.

rhaas74
04-01-2010, 10:03 AM
They have to win one within the next couple of years because the Thunder have a bunch of young stars that will all be looking to get paid at the same time. They will have to let some of them go to keep Durant and Westbrook.

mikantsass
04-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Lebron and its not even close. His team is the favorite this year, OKC will be lucky to make it out of the 1st round this year

SirCalvin81
04-01-2010, 10:20 AM
if lebron dont win this year i see him leaving and rebuilding all over again

-Big-Baby-
04-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Thunder need to win a playoff series before you talk about winning a championship. Lebron is the best player in the NBA with the top team in the NBA. He can win it this year. Durant will never be MJ, no one will. MJ is MJ, Kobe is Kobe, Lebron is Lebron, Melo is Melo. This thread, your beliefs, your opinions are all wrong and fail. Durant is a good scorer and everything hes a good player, but no way he's not winning a championship before Lebron

basketfan4life
04-01-2010, 11:33 AM
i sometimes simply can't believe people here...i agree lebron is better than durant,way better,but who is to say no way he can't win before lebron...for the last three years all people besides lakers fans say lebron is the best player,lets agree with that,but kobe won last year and lebron didn't,got it?you don't have to be the best player to win it all...and same people who say lebron is the best now saying no way durant can win before lebron, it is team sports and he can(i think lebrons chances are better by the way,but you can't make a statement like %100 lebron),lebron is better than kobe but kobe can win it,lebron is better than durant but durant can't? no one can say 'there is no way durant wins before lebron'...you understand the bias?"""""""kobe wins before lebron but lebron is better"" and "durant can't win before lebron because lebron is better"
some people here are saying both of these,and it is so funny ridiciolus and BS...you don't need a college education for not pulling this c.rap
same thing with mj,i agree that he is the goat...he was better than kobe,lebron and durant,i understand a statement like he was better,but i can not understand people who say 'nobody can ever be as good as mj"..who are you to tell that?are you god? what if someone comes in to this league,wins 7 chsip,10 scoring titles,6 mvps,go crazy clutch and all the stuff,chances may be slim but,who are you to say it will never happen.

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
^ why the **** not he has a great core around him like mj he does **** like mj and he is only 21

DUmbest logic ive ever heard.

OH and he does **** like MJ? Like score? OMG so does Lebron,wade,kobe,Pierce,melo

Now lets see does he play all NBA team defense like Jordan? NO!

Does he create plays for his team mates like Jordan? NO

Is he considered damn near unguardable like Jordan? NO

so far all i got is hes a good scorer, rebounder and has a good supporting cast. No doubt he can be great but WAYYYY to early to say hes like Jordan i hate when ppl do that especially so early on in someones career it makes you look foolish.

Carey
04-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Lebron should win one first, if our supporting cast continues to grow to their capabilities KD may have the chance to win more.

CowboysKB24
04-01-2010, 11:50 AM

I hope you are joking. The next MJ? I don't think you understand how great you have to be to have that said about you. LBJ isn't the next MJ.No one is. They don't even play the same position.

Right now only an idiot would say Durant would get a ring first. LBJ has loads more playoff experience compared to Durants 0 playoff games. LBJ and the Cavs are the best team in the league right now and have home court all through out the playoffs.

You must not watch must basketball. Did mom or dad tell you make this thread up? It is pretty stupid.

sep11ie
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Can we PLEASE make a ****ing LeBron forum. I'm soooo sick of every ****ing thread being about him. PSD posters have turned into mindless idiots. Its only hypothetical scenerio after hypothetical scenerio. Jeez people, get a clue.

Raph12
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I didn't know what all the hype was about, but this Durant kid is for real. The thing is, he's a traditional SF, not the point-forward that Lebron is and that will always hurt him in the comparison between the two. If he can work on his ballhandling, slashing, postgame and limiting his turnovers, then he'll be in the top player convo.

Carey
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
They have to win one within the next couple of years because the Thunder have a bunch of young stars that will all be looking to get paid at the same time. They will have to let some of them go to keep Durant and Westbrook.

We have the capability to keep them all

TheKing23
04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I love the way people are talking about how Durant is so young and has the potential to be better than LeBron etc.

LeBron at 21 >>>>>> Durant at 21

gerber
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
source u

IRUAM #21
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I love the way people are talking about how Durant is so young and has the potential to be better than LeBron etc.

IRUAM #21 >>>> Both

JDizzle
04-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Lebron doesnt have a young core of guys like Durant does to build a great team around. The Cavs always just add pieces to the puzzle and it seems like it never works. If they dont win this year there is a good chance he leaves and as I said before the only way I see him winning a championship the following year is if he teams up with a Wade or Bosh, or some other big superstar. Besides that if he doesnt win this year it could be another 2 or 3 years before Lebron has a team like he does now(because he just wont win with his new team in the snap of a finger). This is why I believe Kd will win before Lebron last year the thunder went 23-59 now there 45-28 I believe. Insane!! in 1 yr already a 22 game improvement and they didnt do what the celtics did my adding 2 allstars they just all got smarter and another year under there belts and have great chemistry. If they can keep these guys together they will be a top 3 team in the west for many years to come.

rhaas74
04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
We have the capability to keep them all

I know you have the capability to keep them all. The question will become, is the ownership willing to spend all that money. If not they are going to see players walk to put a few extra bucks in their pocket. And then some players might want to go somewhere else so that they can handle more of the load and earn more money. When you have two guys like Durant and Westbrook some guys might feel like they could get more touches elsewhere. It is just going to come down to all the guys wanting to stay and ownership willing to pay. I hope that does happen, I like seeing young teams like the Thunder.

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
iruam #21 >>>> both

E.O.21>>>>>>>> iruam #21 hahahaha

IRUAM #21
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
:laugh:

macc
04-01-2010, 03:46 PM

Ya I'm in partial agreement here. Durrant is a great player but I do think he's extrememly overrated. I mean the guy has never won a playoff game/series and people are calling him a top 5 player. I just think that's insane.

xBLAMEITON24x
04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
LeBron has a championship caliber team so he has the better chances

Rego247
04-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Lebron doesnt have a young core of guys like Durant does to build a great team around. The Cavs always just add pieces to the puzzle and it seems like it never works. If they dont win this year there is a good chance he leaves and as I said before the only way I see him winning a championship the following year is if he teams up with a Wade or Bosh, or some other big superstar. Besides that if he doesnt win this year it could be another 2 or 3 years before Lebron has a team like he does now(because he just wont win with his new team in the snap of a finger). This is why I believe Kd will win before Lebron last year the thunder went 23-59 now there 45-28 I believe. Insane!! in 1 yr already a 22 game improvement and they didnt do what the celtics did my adding 2 allstars they just all got smarter and another year under there belts and have great chemistry. If they can keep these guys together they will be a top 3 team in the west for many years to come.

yea its a great achievement, i wont knock that, but u cannot compare him to MJ is all im saying.

if that were the case every young phenom, who is having a breakout season, will be comparable to MJ.

if u had to compare ppl to mj, just had to, then u have to look at guys kobe and lebron, lebron on talent and skill, and kobe on talent and skill plus the fact that kobe has 4 ships.

kd has not won anything right now. lets start with this kid winning a series before we compare to the greatest of all time

barreleffact
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
yea its a great achievement, i wont knock that, but u cannot compare him to MJ is all im saying.

if that were the case every young phenom, who is having a breakout season, will be comparable to MJ.

if u had to compare ppl to mj, just had to, then u have to look at guys kobe and lebron, lebron on talent and skill, and kobe on talent and skill plus the fact that kobe has 4 ships.

kd has not won anything right now. lets start with this kid winning a series before we compare to the greatest of all time

its not even totally about winning as to why they, and nobody else for that matter, will compare to mj. its because nobody else will ever have the skillset jordan had. his rookie year he averaged 28 on well above 50% shooting. all this when teams had legit defensive centers too. jordan nvr had a breakout season. every year was nothing short of amazing. even his 2nd year where he was injured and came back late. his combination of skills, accolades, instant talent, and media hype can not be rivalled, at least not by anyone in the forseeable future. unless lebron was a rookie right now, that is the only way even he would compare to mj. if anything durant is more related to reggie miller or ray allen with more talent and size. he could have one of the best shots of all time and is using it to be more of a threat driving too. durant can become even better and at 21 to me he is more efficient than lbj as a scorer. not neccessarily overall offensively. but to the original debate, lbj has a very legitimate shot at winning this year. so he has the best odds. if he leaves to a lesser team then its a toss up because the west is slowly becoming a powerhouse again which makes it a lot tougher for durant

leftymo
04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
there is no next MJ...why do ppl always look to find the next anything...there is no chance in hell anyone is as good as mj, or having a career close to it.

even if durant wins 6 champioships, which i highly doubt. he'll will never be as good as mj, no one will, not even kobe or lebron.

if u want to make an argument for those guys, u can but still no dice, kobe has 4 ships, lebron has been to the finals, kd hasnt played a single playoff game yet. hes getting way overhyped, not fair to the kid to put so much pressure on him.

and about the core? they have a good one, but for how long, times gonna come when westbrook, green, and kd wanna all get paid, what then?

comparing a guy whose having a breakout season, to the greatest player of all time is the defintion of hype

i wouldn't go that far considering there are players that have scored more, assisted more, rebounded more, and have won more championships than MJ...

valade16
04-01-2010, 06:21 PM
no i actually agree with jdizzle or whatever his name is durant is that good idk if mj good but good and idk if he wins one before lebron but he certaintly has a good chance starting next year... and if we on psd hype durant up to much just look at what espn and the media did to u they hyped u up with all this lebron james crap lol if anything lebron is the hyped one after winning what? exactly nothing!!!:facepalm: man durant can be the best player in the nba he just needs time kinda like lebron... i still think kobe is the best though and so do most nba players haha go kd go!

Last time I checked LeBron has been to the finals (with an epic game against the Pistons in the ECFs).

Durant hasn't even been to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

I think Durant is crazy over-hyped. It was a good story when the Thunder were sittin pretty with Home-court in the playoffs, but everyone forgot about the rest of the west.

Now the Thunder are in 6th most likely dropping to 8th by the time the playoffs roll around (Blazers beat them few days back, are a .5 game back, and have won 12 of 14; and the Spurs are 1 game back with Ginobili healthy).

Suddenly the accomplishment isn't as amazing as it sounded at the beginning of the year...

Fireworld
04-01-2010, 06:26 PM
bron. But.....Who will win more?

barreleffact
04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
i wouldn't go that far considering there are players that have scored more, assisted more, rebounded more, and have won more championships than MJ...

there are players that have done ALL that?....no

blah-blah
04-01-2010, 07:27 PM
LBJ.. and it could come this year

Baller1
04-01-2010, 07:36 PM

Passing, yes. Overall game. It's not that much of a difference.

Giantwarrior
04-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Kevin Durant needs to get his A-S-S some Pro-Active before he does anything.

tredigs
04-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Last time I checked LeBron has been to the finals (with an epic game against the Pistons in the ECFs).

I think Durant is crazy over-hyped. It was a good story when the Thunder were sittin pretty with Home-court in the playoffs, but everyone forgot about the rest of the west.

Now the Thunder are in 6th most likely dropping to 8th by the time the playoffs roll around (Blazers beat them few days back, are a .5 game back, and have won 12 of 14; and the Spurs are 1 game back with Ginobili healthy).

Suddenly the accomplishment isn't as amazing as it sounded at the beginning of the year...

Get real man, this team is ahead of schedule. Every other team in the playoffs this year is chugging along as planned, the Thunder weren't supposed to be where they are. OKC's going to finish with at least 50 wins this year, and for a prior Western Conference 23 win team that had no significant roster changes this off-season or at the trade deadline, that is nothing short of amazing. If they continue to win games like they did last night (on the road in Boston), then they have as good a chance at the 4 seed as they do the 8 seed (only 4 games separate the 2nd and 8 seeds).

But you still think that the engine behind this turnaround, and arguably the game's most improved player who leads the league in ppg and is third in PER behind LBJ and Wade is "crazy overhyped"? The kid went from being a defensive liability to being 5th in the league in Defensive Win Shares behind Dwight Howard, Gerald Wallace, Lebron James and Andrew Bogut. And he's second in offensive/overall win shares only behind Lebron.

I'm pretty sure people are just taking notice of what he and the rest of that team are doing in small-market OKC, and are giving them justified praise. Not to mention, the kid's humble. I hope he doesn't get so much hype on here that it becomes unbearable and people begin to resent him, because he really doesn't ask for it. But if that's the case? Probably means he's made it.

_KB24_
04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Durant.

bigsams50
04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
LBJ will win first, and i think its this year

-Big-Baby-
04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Durant.

Lebron hater.

-Big-Baby-
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
BTW, Durant has 0 playoff appearances. Durant is scoring that many point per game because who else will score? Westbrook? Harden? Green? Lol. Get real guys. Lebron will win more ships than Durant, and will also win one before he does. PERIOD!

td0tsfinest
04-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Lebron James. He'll be in the finals this year.

-Big-Baby-
04-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Anyone know how to get a sig? And where i can get one? And when i get one where to put it? Lol im new to PSD kinda. But i know my basketball!

td0tsfinest
04-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Anyone know how to get a sig? And where i can get one? And when i get one where to put it? Lol im new to PSD kinda. But i know my basketball!

we'll be the judge of that. :D

You need a 100 posts before you can put a sig.

Benjamanic
04-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Kevin Durant is 6'9" with length and skills and his defense has improved, but he doesn't have what Lebron has. Lebron can guard 4 positions. You can try to tackle him but he'll still get a shot at the rim. There's nothing you can do about him in the open court. He's also an amazing passer, built like a brick *&^%house, and is a team player through and through.

The Cavs have a decent chance of getting over the top this year. People count Shaq out at their peril. He's got 4 rings and is, at the very least, in the top 5 list of greatest centers of all time. I think people are in for a surprise in the playoffs if that thumb is alright.

He'll be the first to win one as long as he doesn't sign with the Knicks.

Baller1
04-01-2010, 10:47 PM

How can you justify that in any way? They lost to Portland? Well, the next night (off a back-to-back) they won IN Boston, but I guess that isn't any good, right?

Don't make random comments and act as if they're facts. It's your opinion, so leave it at that.

valade16
04-01-2010, 11:09 PM
How can you justify that in any way? They lost to Portland? Well, the next night (off a back-to-back) they won IN Boston, but I guess that isn't any good, right?

Don't make random comments and act as if they're facts. It's your opinion, so leave it at that.

Where else are you supposed to say your opinions if not on a sports opinion site?:rolleyes:

The reason I said that is because the Spurs and Blazers have been insanely hot over the last few weeks where as the Thunder's amazing February was a thing of the past.

In March the Thunder are 11-5.
Blazers are 11-2

They can be caught, and while yes it was opinion, don't act like it's impossible...

valade16
04-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Get real man, this team is ahead of schedule. Every other team in the playoffs this year is chugging along as planned, the Thunder weren't supposed to be where they are. OKC's going to finish with at least 50 wins this year, and for a prior Western Conference 23 win team that had no significant roster changes this off-season or at the trade deadline, that is nothing short of amazing. If they continue to win games like they did last night (on the road in Boston), then they have as good a chance at the 4 seed as they do the 8 seed (only 4 games separate the 2nd and 8 seeds).

But you still think that the engine behind this turnaround, and arguably the game's most improved player who leads the league in ppg and is third in PER behind LBJ and Wade is "crazy overhyped"? The kid went from being a defensive liability to being 5th in the league in Defensive Win Shares behind Dwight Howard, Gerald Wallace, Lebron James and Andrew Bogut. And he's second in offensive/overall win shares only behind Lebron.

I'm pretty sure people are just taking notice of what he and the rest of that team are doing in small-market OKC, and are giving them justified praise. Not to mention, the kid's humble. I hope he doesn't get so much hype on here that it becomes unbearable and people begin to resent him, because he really doesn't ask for it. But if that's the case? Probably means he's made it.

I agree, the Thunder are way ahead of schedule and their turnaround is nothing short of amazing. I don't mean to take anything away from the Thunder, they've been great this year.

But the reason I think Durant is crazy overhyped is because Rolling Stone thinks hes the 2ND BEST PLAYER period. And here on Prosportsdaily that seems to be a consensous. I've heard people say he's the NEXT MJ!

He hasn't even been to the playoffs yet!!:mad: How can you say that?

That is the definition of hype.

In my best players list he's 5th, behind James, Kobe, Wade, Melo.

Do you really think he's a better player than Kobe or Wade right now? REALLY?!

netsgiantsyanks
04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
lebron..... lebron is like a ****ing brickhouse plus lebron can dominate whenever he feels like it im not sayin durant is bad because hes a great player but lebron will win a championship but with the first part of my sn : )

soonabooma
04-01-2010, 11:22 PM

Congratulations son, you're credibility just took a major hit. Not only is Durant probably gonna be more like MJ than Lebron as far as overall game goes...but he's also the leader of a very good, up and coming young team. He's not the only good player in OKC, he's just the best. This team is being built the right way, and the Thunder could very well be one of the teams of the future...in fact, WE ARE, I just didn't wanna sound too confident, but we really are. Give em some time, and the sky's the limit. I'm not saying KD will surely win a title before Lebron, I'm just saying.....to say Durant is overhyped is pretty ridiculous, so be careful.:box:

TheKing23
04-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Passing, yes. Overall game. It's not that much of a difference.

At the age of 21 the only thing Durant has on a 21 year old LeBron is outside shooting.

LeBron kills him in every other facet of the game. I'm not saying that to disrespect Durant, he's a beast. But I can probably count the number of players that have been better than LeBron at the age of 21 on one hand. Once again no disrespect to your boy, the league belongs to him, LeBron, Dwight and CP3 for the next decade.

-Big-Baby-
04-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Congratulations son, you're credibility just took a major hit. Not only is Durant probably gonna be more like MJ than Lebron as far as overall game goes...but he's also the leader of a very good, up and coming young team. He's not the only good player in OKC, he's just the best. This team is being built the right way, and the Thunder could very well be one of the teams of the future...in fact, WE ARE, I just didn't wanna sound too confident, but we really are. Give em some time, and the sky's the limit. I'm not saying KD will surely win a title before Lebron, I'm just saying.....to say Durant is overhyped is pretty ridiculous, so be careful.:box:

Tell me how is overall game is better and MJ-like more than Lebron. Please tell me? I never said the Thunder weren't good, i said Durant will NOT win a ship before Lebron. I also said the Thunder have 0 playoff experience. I also didn't say that OKC didn't have any good players, i said they don't have sufficient scorers. They look for Durant to do all the work because who else will score? Don't get me wrong Thunder will be one of the best teams in the future, just let Lebron do his thing. Durant will have his time, just not now. Its Lebron time. And ALL of you, PLEASE stop saying someone will be like MJ. NO ONE will be like MJ because MJ is MJ. They don't even play the same style, or position.

soonabooma
04-02-2010, 12:37 AM
We know nobody will be like MJ, but let's just say that when it's all said and done, Durant will be looked at as being more in that mold than James. As far as physical talent goes, it's Lebron, no question. But as far as pure basketball skills go, KD is where it's at, in another couple of years, everyone will realize that.

tredigs
04-02-2010, 01:02 AM
I agree, the Thunder are way ahead of schedule and their turnaround is nothing short of amazing. I don't mean to take anything away from the Thunder, they've been great this year.

But the reason I think Durant is crazy overhyped is because Rolling Stone thinks hes the 2ND BEST PLAYER period. And here on Prosportsdaily that seems to be a consensous. I've heard people say he's the NEXT MJ!

He hasn't even been to the playoffs yet!!:mad: How can you say that?

That is the definition of hype.

In my best players list he's 5th, behind James, Kobe, Wade, Melo.

Do you really think he's a better player than Kobe or Wade right now? REALLY?!

No, Lebron is clearly still better, and I think Wade is too. But he might already be better than Melo (he's a good deal better defensively), and he's better than a hurt Kobe. We'll see how Kobe comes back next year/does in the playoffs. That said, even though KD's been better than Kobe this year by a decent bit, I'm not ready to demote Kobe until after this season and into next year.

My "five" would go something like:

1. Lebron
2a. Wade
2b. Kobe
3a. Durant (this actually depends on how he does in the playoffs this year. Could go as low as "3d" for me if he doesn't show up and play how he always does)
3b. Melo
3c. Cp3
3d. Howard
5. Dirk

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Did you just say Durant is the next MJ? :speechless:

soonabooma
04-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Okay, like I said, we know there will never be another Michael Jordan. BUT....there's a reason why alot of people feel like Kevin Durant might actually be the guy to be most like him. There's alot about KDs game that resembles that of Jordan, it's just the fact that he's still a kid and there are other guys that have been doing it longer, which is fair, but still, you have to be willing to take a closer look. Obviously, guys like Lebron and Kobe are still ahead of him in their overall game becuz he's so young and they've had time to finely tune their game at the NBA level. Both of those guys have mastered the defensive part of the game, they are game changers on that end of the floor. Both also have the ability to take over a game offensively, each having his own style. Lebron is known more for a being a power dunker, he likes to drive in, but he's been known to get hot shooting the ball. Kobe can drive or shoot, and he still loves his fadeaway which is probably the closest to Jordans. Both know how to be aggressive and get to the line which is a must for the truly elite players. They know how to finish, they like having the ball in their hands when the game is on the line, they welcome the challenge, and they approach the game with an "I can do anything" mentality. They've got that winners attitude, that killer instinct, and they know how to make their teammates better. They are top notch.

But here's the thing about Kevin Durant. He will without a doubt possess all those same characteristics when he really hits his prime, but he may be even more unstoppable, if that's really even possible. He's a scoring machine, and anybody that knows anything about KD knows that he's a workaholic, meaning he will commit to becoming the best defensive player he can possibly be. He's still so young and he's just getting warmed up. When it's all said and done....don't be surprised if he's considered an even better basketball player than those other guys. What I'm saying is.....people love to compare guys to Jordan becuz he's the best ever and every time somebody great comes along that's immediately who they are compared to. MJ will always be the measuring stick. So when guys like Kobe, Lebron, Melo, D-Wade, and Kevin Durant are all out of basketball, and people look back and say...."overall, who do you think played the most like Michael Jordan?" Don't be surpised if people say KEVIN DURANT.:cool:

sp1derm00
04-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Lebron might win a title before Durant because he has a shot this year and next year if he really wanted to team up with Bosh and Wade, he could probably make it happen. Durant has no such luxury.

tredigs
04-02-2010, 03:40 AM
At the age of 21 the only thing Durant has on a 21 year old LeBron is outside shooting.

LeBron kills him in every other facet of the game. I'm not saying that to disrespect Durant, he's a beast. But I can probably count the number of players that have been better than LeBron at the age of 21 on one hand. Once again no disrespect to your boy, the league belongs to him, LeBron, Dwight and CP3 for the next decade.

Eh, I actually think you're completely wrong on this one.

You're right that Durant's a better outside shooter than LBJ was/is, he's also a much better foul shooter (he's just a better shooter, period). But KD's also already caught up to where LBJ was defensively at that point in his career, and he's just as good a scorer (Lebron averaged slightly more points, but took 23 shots a game to KD's 20. They have the same FG% at age 21).

Along with that, their steals/blks/rebounding numbers are all mirror images of eachother (Durant's being slightly better in 2 of the 3).

Lebron was a better passer, and was counted on to do that. KD's a better shooter. Beyond that, it's not a stretch to say that 'Bron had him "killed in every facet of the game", it's just flat not true.

And SoonaBoona, give the Jordan comparison a rest dude, his game isn't similar to MJ's at all. Kobe's game = MJ. He modeled it after MJ's. If there's a player to compare KD to it's a prime Tracy McGrady. Truth be told KD's a pretty unique player, but that's who he says he modeled his game after as a kid, and I can see that in his play. Think prime McGrady but with a better shot and seemingly more determination. That's dangerous.

soonabooma
04-02-2010, 04:30 AM
Okay, forget about KDs game being similar to Jordans. Forget that, just forget it. Don't mention it again, get it out of your head. So guess what????????? Kevin Durant might still end up being the closest thing to a Jordan. Do you understand what that means? It doesn't mean they had the same body type, it doesn't mean they were the same size, it doesn't mean they had the same fadeaway, it doesn't mean they both had shaved heads or chewed gum. It means, KD might be THAT guy when he really hits his prime, the guy that everybody looks at and says "this guy is the ultimate winner, he's the hardest working guy in the league, and he refuses to lose, his determination and will to win is unrivaled." That's what it means.

Alot of people think Kobe Bryant is the closest thing to MJ based on his style of play. Well, that's pretty accurate. We all know that Kobes style certainly resembles that of MJ. He's certainly the most similar based on playing style, and he's also got that winner factor. But alot of people believe that Lebron is the closest thing becuz of his talent, and becuz he's kinda becoming the superstar of the league. He's obviously a different kind of player than MJ was, different position, different body type, much bigger, stronger, different style, but that doesn't stop people from constantly comparing becuz they think LBJ is that guy. Those people believe Lebron is the most talented player to come along maybe ever, from a pure talent/physical standpoint (think Adrian Peterson), and for that reason, they think he's the new messiah of the NBA, even without having won a championship up to this point. Everybody has their own opinion, and you can certainly make a case for either guy, and even a player like Wade if you really wanted to, after all.....he is easily one of the most elite players and he has something that James doesn't. You can factor all kinds of things in, but it all comes down to who was "THAT" guy.

Kevin Durant is gonna be "THAT" guy. Just remember where you heard it.

J-Relo
04-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Lebron...

ElMarroAfamado
04-02-2010, 05:01 AM
Kevin Durant
Lebron James will never win a title.

That is all.