PDA

View Full Version : Cavs defeat Bucks by 3. 45 FTs to Buck's...9

AirCanada15ORL
03-31-2010, 10:21 PM
The Buck's are more of a jump shooting team, and the Cavs do attack a lot.
But this Free Throw difference is huge.

Did anyone watch the game who can let me and others in on this? Was it that one-sided? or was it just the Bucks committing a ton of stupid fouls and shying any contact?

edit: After watching a replay of the final seconds of the game, Still1Ballin was right. After the Bucks threw away the ball with 3 seconds remaining, Lebron ran the ball down for a fastbreak dunk or layup while already up by 3 points and no time remaining, one of the Bucks jumped up to try to block it and Lebron (after the buzzer sounded and the game was clearly over and the Cavs won) was concerned to why a foul wasn't called and was clearly upset.
"Scoring titles don't matter"

asandhu23
03-31-2010, 10:23 PM
NBA is rigged. old story.

NYK_kidd77
03-31-2010, 10:25 PM
thats insane.

Avenged
03-31-2010, 10:27 PM
The Bucks could possibly give a higher seeded team a scare come playoff time.

_KB24_
03-31-2010, 10:32 PM
It was a horribly officiated game. Turned it off after the third.

NFLNBA
03-31-2010, 10:35 PM
U cant be serious? NBA loves there Lebron god child ill tell you that! That guy gets calls for anything as much as people hate Kobe the NBA allows defenders to check him hard without the calls!

Thats just so blatant that its sickening! Im sorry to all the true Bucks fans cause you just got raped! Dont really know what else to say! Loss of words right now

GodsSon
03-31-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm expecting to see this on the regular if the Raptors play them in the first round

The Prodigy
03-31-2010, 10:38 PM
The Heat fan inside of me is happy the lost but the NBA fan in me knows some calls had to favor the Cavs and that is what I don't like about the NBA fans. Refs can help win games.

AirCanada15ORL
03-31-2010, 10:39 PM
I just checked the East standings and I feel bad now, the Bucks could possibly lose their well earned 5th seed that they worked so hard for.

ldc62
03-31-2010, 10:40 PM
this is BS... its gonna be like this all series vs. Raptors. I understand that the refs can't just call foul on the Cavs (well they won't anyways), but 45 to 9 is ridiculous.

still1ballin
03-31-2010, 10:42 PM
I only saw the end of the game but I have to say this:

Cavs were up by 3 pts with 8 seconds left and Bucks had the ball, as they dribbled down the court, then LeBron stoled the ball and hurried down the court for a layup and a Bucks player kind of bumped it as time expired. Lebron put his hands up looking for a foul when the game was clearly over! I :laugh: so much!!

ValuePick
03-31-2010, 10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48hBvprymgs

papoose123
03-31-2010, 10:54 PM

ftw

Mrphilly
03-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Bucks commited a lot of fouls and Cavs did not. The end of story. Do you guys jusy ***** about Lebron all day???

Wo said the free throw margin has to be even...get a life people.

PurpleJesus
03-31-2010, 10:57 PM
huge difference, must have been a terribly reffd game...but not fixed, why would they fix this game and make it so obvious?

AirCanada15ORL
03-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Bucks commited a lot of fouls and Cavs did not. The end of story. Do you guys jusy ***** about Lebron all day???

That's true that's why I asked. It was a huge difference.

Public Enemy #1
03-31-2010, 11:08 PM
last time i checked it was okay when the Warriors were the ones getting screwed over but when other teams do they ***** and moan about it. get over it....

NYK_kidd77
03-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Im just not ok with any team taking 45 ft attempts thats just way to many.

still1ballin
03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
The Buck's are more of a jump shooting team, and the Cavs do attack a lot.
But this Free Throw difference is huge.

Did anyone watch the game who can let me and others in on this? Was it that one-sided? or was it just the Bucks committing a ton of stupid fouls and shying any contact?

edit: After watching a replay of the final seconds of the game, Still1Ballin was right. After the Bucks threw away the ball with 3 seconds remaining, Lebron ran the ball down for a fastbreak dunk or layup while already up by 3 points and no time remaining, one of the Bucks jumped up to try to block it and Lebron (after the buzzer sounded and the game was clearly over and the Cavs won) was concerned to why a foul wasn't called and was clearly upset.
"Scoring titles don't matter"

Lol Lebron wanted to go to the free throw line leading by 3 pts with time expired, to shoot free throws :laugh2::facepalm:

RaptorizedKevin
03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
david stern is to blame.

tredigs
03-31-2010, 11:24 PM
I didn't watch most of this game, but I did watch the Thunder / Celtics game with the Celtics home announcers. The announcers complained about EVERY foul that was called on the Celtics. Then they would show the replay, it would be an obvious foul, and they would just chuckle like it wasn't or say nothing at all. It was so pathetic to listen to. It got unbearable once the ref's actually called a legit all ball play from Pierce a foul later in the fourth.

I didn't watch the entire Cavs game, but I can guarantee you they were in the paint attacking the whole game, while the undersized and less athletic Bucks were hacking away like crazy. And like the OP mentioned, the Bucks are a jump shooting team, so while this is a huge discrepancy, it's not like it's unbelievable.

People act like every game should have the same number of fouls called on both teams. That's not how it works though. There's a reason why players like Lebron and Durant draw the most fouls in the league. It's because they're the toughest to guard, and are constantly attacking the rim or drawing smart fouls away from it (i.e. KD's rip-up shot when a defender is sloppy with their hands in his stomach).

All said, stop complaining. For every wrong call a ref makes, they make 10 correct ones.

By the way, Lebron with another go-ahead bucket tonight with less than 20 seconds on the clock. Wasn't a fadeway shot, it was a simple high-percentage layup off a smartly drawn up play. There's a reason why Kobe has one of the lowest percentages for game-winning shots in the NBA over the past decade, while Lebron, Melo, etc consistently get it done with greater consistency. They just don't get the hype Kobe does because with Kobe it's no big deal when he misses that torquing fadeaway... but if he makes it? BEST CLUTCH SHOOTER EVERZ!

AirCanada15ORL
03-31-2010, 11:35 PM
The homer Celtic announcers are no new story.

JNA17
03-31-2010, 11:38 PM
All said, stop complaining. For every wrong call a ref makes, they make 10 correct ones.

you got it backwards

Strumpy
03-31-2010, 11:42 PM
I didn't watch most of this game, but I did watch the Thunder / Celtics game with the Celtics home announcers. The announcers complained about EVERY foul that was called on the Celtics. Then they would show the replay, it would be an obvious foul, and they would just chuckle like it wasn't or say nothing at all. It was so pathetic to listen to. It got unbearable once the ref's actually called a legit all ball play from Pierce a foul later in the fourth.

Hahaha that's Tommy Heinsohn for ya! Tommy is sooooo bias towards the Celtics! Every foul against the Celtics is a bad call and every call for the other team is a bad call. That's just how he works, and it gets really entertaining when he goes on rants.
Here's a link to a good Tommy Heinsohn rant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkMe_-L84M

Mike Gorman (play-by-play) isn't too shabby though :shrug:

WITZ
03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Lmao negative thread had to be made by a magics fan no surprise,let me make it easier for u when u drive to the paint u get more fouls called then when u settle for jumpers.

Angel2Maverick
03-31-2010, 11:54 PM
playoff games are fixed...
this was just a really terrible officiated game

Raps18-19 Champ
03-31-2010, 11:56 PM

I agree. We all know star players get the benefit of the doubt. It's not news Lebron gets star treatment.

How come when Lebron gets a lot of free throws, there is a thread about it.

But if someone goes to the line just as much and has the same amount of questionable calls, no thread?

td0tsfinest
03-31-2010, 11:56 PM

Cavs were up by 3 pts with 8 seconds left and Bucks had the ball, as they dribbled down the court, then LeBron stoled the ball and hurried down the court for a layup and a Bucks player kind of bumped it as time expired. Lebron put his hands up looking for a foul when the game was clearly over! I :laugh: so much!!

Ye thats pretty much the only part I saw as well.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Im just not ok with any team taking 45 ft attempts thats just way to many.

So if a team actually deserved to get 45 free throws, its not okay?

NYK_kidd77
04-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Hahaha that's Tommy Heinsohn for ya! Tommy is sooooo bias towards the Celtics! Every foul against the Celtics is a bad call and every call for the other team is a bad call. That's just how he works, and it gets really entertaining when he goes on rants.
Here's a link to a good Tommy Heinsohn rant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkMe_-L84M

Mike Gorman (play-by-play) isn't too shabby though :shrug:

Lol he told the guy to stroke him.

NYK_kidd77
04-01-2010, 12:16 AM
So if a team actually deserved to get 45 free throws, its not okay?

It would be but i really cant see how it can get up to 45 thats an insane amount and makes the game boring as hell to watch.

Raph12
04-01-2010, 01:00 AM
After what I saw tonight from both teams, I'm going to go ahead and say the Bucks upset the Celts in the 1st round (4-3) and give a Cavs a run for their money in the 2nd (4-2 [long/gruelling games]).

Hawkize31
04-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Lebron wasn't upset about the call, he was upset he got fouled at the end of a game and it wasn't called.

People don't seem to get he's not after stats. He almost had a triple double with plenty of time left on the clock and he didn't go for it, which is pretty common for him. He tried to make a bone-headed play after that steal at the end of the game, and he should have let time expire. He didn't, and he went to the hoop, and was fouled. Pretty simple.

ldc62
04-01-2010, 01:28 AM

Brings up a good point; fans should be able to watch the actual lottery process. Its behind closed doors, so who knows whats going on back there.

ElMarroAfamado
04-01-2010, 01:30 AM
It was a horribly officiated game. Turned it off after the third.

there are games when teams (in this case the cavs) get calls over, and over and over...and the other team gets hacked and nothing that your like...
here we go again...."i wonder whos going to win"
type of thing....

i also stopped watching after the third

tnt and baby g
04-01-2010, 01:34 AM
oh the cavs won. wah. oh, the cavs got alot of calls their way. wah. please people grow up. its hard to be a cavs fan on these friggin sights. lebron changed into his blue underwear, oh my god he is going to the knicks. lebron went for a layup with time on the clock, oh my must be a stat whore. does whatever the cavs and lebron do cocern so many people. just concentrate on your team. Or are they just that boring? i guess they are.

Draco
04-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Why did Jennings only play 18 minutes?

MU and UW Fan
04-01-2010, 01:49 AM
The Bucks did commit quite a bit of silly fouls, but even with that the margin should not be that big. Refs were inconsistent. They would go through stretches were they would call every little tic tac foul and other times allow much more. Me being a bucks fan I'm probably a little bit of a homer and Cavs are obviously superior to us, but I just want an officiating crew that will call it a little more even. If it was more even and Bucks lost, I'd be fine with it, but theres so many things wrong with NBA, just pisses me off.

rhaas74
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
The Bucks commited quite a few tic tac fouls early in the game. That might not seem like much, but it drew the bench players onto the court against our starters. That also led to the Cavs pushing it and drawing even more fouls from driving to the rim. It put them in the bonus early, leading to more attemps. If you take a look at the people who shot more than 5 free throws in the game it was LeBron, Mo (who was in an attacking mode last night), Hickson (using his cuts to the basket), Delonte (creates his own shot by driving into the lane), and then John Salmons (just about the only guy driving to the rim for the Bucks last night).

king4day
04-01-2010, 10:18 AM
IDK. There are some Suns games I watch where I want to blame the refs for lopsided officiating, but in watching the whole game, it's blatant that the team was hacking because they were allowing penetration all night and their only D would be to foul.
Maybe this was the same thing.

Bucks still had their chances in the end but kept turning it over.

domz248
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM

I didn't watch the entire Cavs game, but I can guarantee you they were in the paint attacking the whole game, while the undersized and less athletic Bucks were hacking away like crazy. And like the OP mentioned, the Bucks are a jump shooting team, so while this is a huge discrepancy, it's not like it's unbelievable.

People act like every game should have the same number of fouls called on both teams. That's not how it works though. There's a reason why players like Lebron and Durant draw the most fouls in the league. It's because they're the toughest to guard, and are constantly attacking the rim or drawing smart fouls away from it (i.e. KD's rip-up shot when a defender is sloppy with their hands in his stomach).

By the way, Lebron with another go-ahead bucket tonight with less than 20 seconds on the clock. Wasn't a fadeway shot, it was a simple high-percentage layup off a smartly drawn up play. There's a reason why Kobe has one of the lowest percentages for game-winning shots in the NBA over the past decade, while Lebron, Melo, etc consistently get it done with greater consistency. They just don't get the hype Kobe does because with Kobe it's no big deal when he misses that torquing fadeaway... but if he makes it? BEST CLUTCH SHOOTER EVERZ!

i kno your a happy fan ... what do you do all day sit back and count your teams rings and achievements oh wait i forgot your franchise has never achieved anything before ... so what clutch shots has lebron made ??? besides regular season ??? so have fun winning a east trophy ill have fun watching my team repeat

Super.
04-01-2010, 10:26 AM

It's nothing new, but don't our annoucers reserve the right to be biased towards their own team? Besides most of the Celtics fans love them. I dont care if they're homers or not, i know what a foul is and what a foul isn't. if you dont want their opinion turn off the volume. its what i do what Jeff Van Gundy annouces. He's such a fuggin ****

Lakerfrk
04-01-2010, 10:33 AM

1. There are a couple of team's announcers who blatantly favor them... Celtics, Kings, and Blazers to name a few... it happens, and it sucks.

2. Yes, Kobe takes more jumpshots in the clutch.. ever wonder why? Watch a Laker game.. Kobe goes to the rack all day and gets hardly any calls... seriously.. He gets destroyed, and nothing. Lebron gets tapped, and he gets every call.

NBA players know this so much, that they hand-check and body Kobe, cause they know he wont get the call, now if they touch Lebron, they will get a foul called..... That's my take.

sep11ie
04-01-2010, 10:37 AM
So when David Stern and LeBron get married, who's last name will they take?

Miltown34
04-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm a Bucks fan and I think that 3-4 calls that the Cavs got should be taken back. When John Salmons turned it over. The referees went to the replay, but Salmons turned it over because, the Cavs slapped his hand. I want my team to be up by 6 points, because I just don't trust the refs, the Bucks don't get respect just like some other teams on here. 2008 KG elbows Bogut in the face Bogut doesn't touch him and he gets kicked out. Steve Blake elbows Ersan no call. Bogut gives a screen. Blake elbows Bogut runs into him Bogut jars with him, Bogut gets a tech. BJ didn't even do nothing besides get Blake off Bogut he gets a Tech. Outlaw has his hands back like he's going to punch Bogut he doesn't get a Tech. I know this is how it's going to be in the playoffs. My team has to be up by 6-8 late so we win in the playoffs

Miltown34
04-01-2010, 10:41 AM
So when David Stern and LeBron get married, who's last name will they take?

James is the man lol....David James

MTar786
04-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Stern controls the refs.. lebron stern

Corey
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm not about conspiracy or anything like that, but having a differential that large is unthinkable.

sep11ie
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Stern controls the refs.. lebron stern

So far MTar controls this debate!

basketfan4life
04-01-2010, 11:14 AM
nothing new here,lebron and the cavs always get favor from the refs, get used to it or this game will be so boring to you.

G-Funk
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM

He wanted those 2 points so bad!

G-Funk
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
That's my biggest fear if Lakers play the Cavs in the Finals. it will be a 8 on 5

Chronz
04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Because Bron counts as 4 players?

SirCalvin81
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
shocker

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
This has happened a couple times before with a game involving the Cavs.

The Lebron James effect.

basketfan4life
04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Because Bron counts as 4 players?
get honest man,thats all i can tell to you.

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2010, 12:11 PM

Points in the Paint:

Bucks- 42
Cavs- 36

Just sayin...

tr4shb0t
04-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Welcome to how the cavs are officiated. It's all just marketing to get people on the wagon. Regular season is just for profits, so just try to enjoy it for good plays and not outcome.

CrotchetyOldMan
04-01-2010, 12:41 PM
U cant be serious? NBA loves there Lebron god child ill tell you that! That guy gets calls for anything as much as people hate Kobe the NBA allows defenders to check him hard without the calls!

Thats just so blatant that its sickening! Im sorry to all the true Bucks fans cause you just got raped! Dont really know what else to say! Loss of words right now

It's pretty obvious that you don't watch Cavs games very often...I won't deny that Lebron gets the benefit of a lot of calls but if you really watch he gets hit on about 85% of his drives to the basket but because he's so much bigger than anyone else he only gets calls on probably 30% of those hits...If refs called games real tight with the contact all the time Lebron would be shooting 30 freebies a game...Kobe's so little that if you just blow on him it looks more like a foul and thus is called more often than Lebron cause you can jack him up and it doesn't look like you did anything...Lebron SHOULD be getting more free throws than anyone in the league because he's the most aggressive player in the game...

Ollie Tabooger
04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
That's my biggest fear if Lakers play the Cavs in the Finals. it will be a 8 on 5

+1 thats exactly what it'll be like. and hahaha lebron at the end of the game havin a fit cause he didn't get a call after the buzzer after they had already won. haha lebron doesn't care about stats. :pity:

Young and Stupid
04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Lebron wasn't upset about the call, he was upset he got fouled at the end of a game and it wasn't called.

People don't seem to get he's not after stats. He almost had a triple double with plenty of time left on the clock and he didn't go for it, which is pretty common for him. He tried to make a bone-headed play after that steal at the end of the game, and he should have let time expire. He didn't, and he went to the hoop, and was fouled. Pretty simple.

I am the last one to attack LeBron, in fact I feel as if I'm forced to defend LeBron on many occasion because as one great man said "LeBron turns otherwise sensible males into jealous females" but...

I gotta be honest it looked like LeBron was trying to get to the line to knock in 2 more points. Why would he be that adamant about going to the line if the game was over and the Cavs won. I don't know he could just have been pleading for a call because he felt like it was a hard foul, but to the sensible eye it looked like he wanted to pad his stat-line. Hope I'm wrong.

tredigs
04-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Points in the Paint:

Bucks- 42
Cavs- 36

Just sayin...

The thing is that all the points that the Cavs would've gotten in the paint but were instead fouled became free throw attempts, and don't count towards the "points in the paint" stat. Bogut and Jennings also rarely draw fouls. Jennings because he's so easy easy to swat that he normally is flying away from a defender (or has blown by them completely for the layup) that a foul isn't in the picture. Bogut because he doesn't rely on overpowering players too often; he has that little finesse ambidextrous baby hook that he likes to use in the paint. Which he's damn good at, I don't know why he doesn't get more touches...

i kno your a happy fan ... what do you do all day sit back and count your teams rings and achievements oh wait i forgot your franchise has never achieved anything before ... so what clutch shots has lebron made ??? besides regular season ??? so have fun winning a east trophy ill have fun watching my team repeat

Save your rant for another day sparky, I'm not a Cavs fan. But good luck this year if you do have to face them, looked to me like they might have your teams number.

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
The thing is that all the points that the Cavs would've gotten in the paint but were instead fouled became free throw attempts, and don't count towards the "points in the paint" stat.

Very true, but lets not act like the Bucks weren't in the paint. They had a healthy dose of points in the paint.

domz248
04-01-2010, 07:59 PM
The thing is that all the points that the Cavs would've gotten in the paint but were instead fouled became free throw attempts, and don't count towards the "points in the paint" stat. Bogut and Jennings also rarely draw fouls. Jennings because he's so easy easy to swat that he normally is flying away from a defender (or has blown by them completely for the layup) that a foul isn't in the picture. Bogut because he doesn't rely on overpowering players too often; he has that little finesse ambidextrous baby hook that he likes to use in the paint. Which he's damn good at, I don't know why he doesn't get more touches...

Save your rant for another day sparky, I'm not a Cavs fan. But good luck this year if you do have to face them, looked to me like they might have your teams number.\\

i hope you know the cavs swept the spurs in the regular season and went on the lose to them 4-0 in the finals when it counted ... same with the magic last year

Hawkeye15
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I watched half the game. The Bucks did not have the refs on their side, although I didn't think it was as bad as the discrepancy says

KBfrom8to24
04-01-2010, 10:06 PM

Thats just so blatant that its sickening! Im sorry to all the true Bucks fans cause you just got raped! Dont really know what else to say! Loss of words right now True. The refs always favors LBJ, because if they don't they may loose their job.

RaysFan
04-01-2010, 10:30 PM
The most hilarious thing to me is Laker fans constantly complaining about calls another team gets. There are a fraction of them that honestly believe the league fixes games to help LeBron out because they want him to be a star.

And watch this...

Hey Laker fans, was your 2002 NBA Title a gift from the league as well, or was the Sacramento series just great officiating?