PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Quote by an NBA player this season?

Swashcuff
03-31-2010, 12:03 PM
This season seems like the year to "run yo mouth" with a lot of big name player making utterly rediculous quotes/comments. My question is which one is THE DUMBEST of them all.

black1605
03-31-2010, 12:07 PM
“I’m going to say LeBron James [third],” Ellis said recently. “He can do it all, pass, score, defend, block shots. No. 2, I would have to say, me. I can do a whole lot of things: defend, score, make passes, do whatever I need to do.

“No. 1, I’d say Kobe Bryant. There isn’t one player that can stop Kobe one-on-one. He has a lot of stuff. He can defend. And of course, he won four championships.”

this

Swashcuff
03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
this

x2

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Farmar on the Lakers to Kobe "PASS THE BALL!!!!!"

IAmKira
03-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Farmar on the Lakers to Kobe "PASS THE BALL!!!!!"

FarmARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :facepalm:

bonafide1091
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Lawrence Frank --ex coach of the nets - " I think we looked good out there" THIS!

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 12:26 PM
FarmARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :facepalm:

Farmar was bold enough to say the truth though.

macc
03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Not necessarily a particular quote but Rashard Lewis is still one of those guys who says "most definitely" during post game interviews to sound smarter. Its always annoyed me when people say that, for the most part you don't hear as many athletes saying it anymore. Except for Rashard Lewis.

HT9Canada
03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
anything ron artest has said to the media

IRUAM #21
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM
x2

x3

sep11ie
03-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Anytime T-Mac talks

smith&wesson
03-31-2010, 12:38 PM
lamar odem saying " i do " to the fat kardashian lol :rimshot:

braveniler58
03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
x3

xInfinity

Seriously, nothing can beat the idiocy of Ellis' comment.

Ethix11
03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Not necessarily a particular quote but Rashard Lewis is still one of those guys who says "most definitely" during post game interviews to sound smarter. Its always annoyed me when people say that, for the most part you don't hear as many athletes saying it anymore. Except for Rashard Lewis.

i hate that

rhymeratic
03-31-2010, 12:45 PM
“Hopefully, New York will look my way first,” Harrington says. “I need you to all go in the papers and say ‘Bring Al Back.’ I’ll be a ball-mover, promise.”

Typical lie

chrism8188
03-31-2010, 12:58 PM
tha Monte quote by far, he was serious...and I read a Monte fan on here sayin they hate lebron because he's taking montes spotlight...lol haha yea get real...and to tha Lamar odom thing, hell I would say I do to tha thick kardashian, she aint fat she's got sexy curves, some "lil" dudes can't handle all that but I can, she's rich too its a win win haha

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 01:01 PM
lamar odem saying " i do " to the fat kardashian lol :rimshot:

^^^:rimshot::rimshot::rimshot:

PC
03-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Monta saying he's better than LeBron and Al saying he would look to get more assists

Raph12
03-31-2010, 01:08 PM
xinfinity

seriously, nothing can beat the idiocy of ellis' comment.

+1

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, the Monta one was pretty damn terrible.

Dwight's come across his fair-share of stupid comments as well though.

"Joe Johnson..You know, well, he's a great player, he can score tons of different ways, and..Well, I think he's one of the best scorers that the NBA's ever seen."

--Dwight states that Haywood is the best center to guard him-- *Drops 34/16* Way to back up your own statement ;)

But yeah. Love Dwight. He just sounds stupid sometimes. Haha.

Swashcuff
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
ok well now the question is...... Is monta's dumbass quote the WORST EVER???

WadeBirdman
03-31-2010, 01:24 PM
"I don't care. I'm playing. I'm going to play. He can call me Tito, he can call me SpongeBob. He can call me whatever he wants." -Michael Beasley about Charles Barkley comments.

The whole back and forth between the two was amusing

jezzyman05
03-31-2010, 01:33 PM

Not even has close as this quote

PRACTICE! not a game, not a game, not a game ...we talking about PRACTICE!

How tha hell can I make my teamates better by going to PRACTICE!

Allen Iverson ---gotta love him!

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:35 PM
^
LOL. "Iverson says practice more than 21 times in a post-game interview" ;)

Swashcuff
03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Not even has close as this quote

PRACTICE! not a game, not a game, not a game ...we talking about PRACTICE!

How tha hell can I make my teamates better by going to PRACTICE!

Allen Iverson ---gotta love him!

I take resent to that remark!!!! We all know the infamous practice rant was blowed way out of proportion.

dwadefan03
03-31-2010, 01:45 PM
wow did farmar really tell kobe to pass it. Anyone got a video :laugh2:

Jeff559
03-31-2010, 01:52 PM
monta by a mile. now i know for sure that he is as smart as he looks.

jezzyman05
03-31-2010, 01:54 PM
I take resent to that remark!!!! We all know the infamous practice rant was blowed way out of proportion.

why you resent --- it is what it is.. there was nothing misunderstood about it , even Allan jokes about it, this thread is about DUMBEST QUOTES, I am a big Iverson fan and this interview never gets old.

jezzyman05
03-31-2010, 01:55 PM
monta by a mile. now i know for sure that he is as smart as he looks.
that quote wasnt the first I have serveral dumb quotes that he is on the record for saying, let me look for them and ill post them :)

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
All-time :

Interviewer : Shaq, let's just say, a snake bit your mom right up here, in this area (****). Would you be willing to, suck the venom out, to win a title?

Shaq : ....No, but I will witchur wife.

Leaves room*

LOL.

BOSTON617
03-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Haha iverson practice one was even made into a song thats great

Swashcuff
03-31-2010, 02:13 PM
why you resent --- it is what it is.. there was nothing misunderstood about it , even Allan jokes about it, this thread is about DUMBEST QUOTES, I am a big Iverson fan and this interview never gets old.

A.I. was ranting at the fact that they brought up the issue of practice during a play-off run right after the lost a crucial game. It wasn't him saying that he doesn't need to practice or nothing like that like the vast majority of people claim it to be. Infamous. YES Dumbest....... far from it.

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 02:22 PM
AI quote and his style of sitting on that press conference was epic. My most favorite part was "How the hell can I make my teammates better by practice?"....This was...I mean...you know....

ElishaJ1030
03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Iverson by far!!! Not dumbest, but funniest

MJ-BULLS
03-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Monta Ellis saying that he is better than Lebron.

mikantsass
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Surprised some of the Celtic haters didnt say Pierce being one of the best shooters in NBA history.

pebloemer
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Surprised some of the Celtic haters didnt say Pierce being one of the best shooters in NBA history.

Close second to Ellis ;)

macc
03-31-2010, 03:06 PM
I know the title of the thread says dumbest quote this season but since people have started bringing up older quotes.

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

"I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."
-Shaquille O'Neal on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece

"I don't want to shoot my mouth in my foot, but those are games we can win."
-Sherman Douglas

"Unstoppable, baby!"
-Warrior rookie Marc Jackson to the Mavericks' bench, after hitting a lay-up during a 29-point loss

"I've been dunked on by (Vitaly) Potapenko and now (Zan) Tabak. The good part is that they don't make posters of those guys."
- Houston Rockets forward Walt Williams

Following a road loss by the Bulls to the Salt Lake City-based Jazz, Rodman said, “It’s difficult to get in sync because of all the fuqqin Mormons out here. And you can quote me on that.”

"It's almost like we have ESPN."
-Magic Johnson, on how well he and James Worthy work together

"how am i supposed to feed my family?"
-Latrel Sprewell

Scott Pollard : "Hey kids, do drugs"

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 03:38 PM
wow did farmar really tell kobe to pass it. Anyone got a video :laugh2:

Yeah in their loss the other night they got into a big fight in the 4th. Check the Laker forum cant miss it.

Perl567
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
A.I. was ranting at the fact that they brought up the issue of practice during a play-off run right after the lost a crucial game. It wasn't him saying that he doesn't need to practice or nothing like that like the vast majority of people claim it to be. Infamous. YES Dumbest....... far from it.

Whoa there big/little/whatever fella. Sorry to be a 'corrector' but A.I. DOES NOT PRACTICE. He didn't with the 76'ers. He didn't with the Nuggets. He didn't with the Pistons. You are sadly mistaken if you don't feel that way, and it rubbed of on all of the Nuggets- especially 'Melo, and he got soft.

He feels like he does not need to practice. He feels that he was above the coaches and the rest of the players on his team. He feels...oh wait... change 'feels' to 'felt'. He's out of the NBA.

The rant was based on what you were saying, but don't stray away from the facts- they were talking about practice 'cause IF he would have taken the time to get to know how his teammates play DURING practice, they might have won that game. So that's why they were talking about practice. Yes, practice. Not the fact that they lost the game, but practice. Not the fact that they were in a playoff run- practice.

He got paid millions of dollars to play the game, but didn't take the time to play on a team, and PRACTICE, so he is 'retired', and hasn't won a championship, so this should be considered, and IS, one of the dumbest quotes/conversations ever.

But I found these, and they are HILARIOUS

* "Don't get me wrong -- I love Jason Kidd. He's a great point guard… (But) how am I comparing myself to him when I think I'm the best point guard to play basketball? That doesn't make any sense. I mean, how can I sit here and compare myself to somebody if I already think I'm the best?...I'm telling you what it is: I know I'm the best point guard in the NBA. I don't need anybody else to tell me that. When I go on the basketball court, if I think about what you're all saying, I'll lose my mind." – Stephon Marbury

* "That's a cheap shot by a low-class type player. You don't do that. That's gay on his part. I told him that he was gay, too, for touching me in my private parts." – Francisco Elson

* "Guys have made livings off me. Nick Anderson got a new contract, Travis Knight got a new contract off me. As a matter of fact, Derek Fisher called me yesterday to thank me [he had recently signed a deal with Golden State]. If you double me, I'm kicking out to Eddie, who's the best shooter in the East. Or I'm going to give it to Dwyane, or put it on the ground and come bang on you." – Shaquille O’Neal

* "Just say I'm from Somalia and I need food." -- Stephen Jackson, describing his passion for winning.

* "You know, softball is the other sport I do besides basketball." – LeBron James

* "All I want to say is (expletive) that. (Expletive) them. (Expletive) everybody. That's (expletive)." – Brad Miller, addressing rumours of tension between him and Chris Webber.

* "I thought so. Or I was just jumping up and down because I'm ********." – Sam Mitchell, affirming that he believed a last-second shot (which was later discounted) to have been good.

* "I don't know what's wrong with that girl." - Reggie Evans on Pau Gasol.

* "I've never even been into those supplements or any of that. I don't even drink energy shakes. I'm not into that kind of stuff. You just get me an In-N-Out burger and some Popeye's fried chicken and I'm straight." – Paul Pierce

* “I don't have to shoot from more than two feet. I'm top 50. I've got 23,000 from where I shoot.” – Shaq, responding to Danny Fortson’s challenge to take a few jumpshots.

* "The new moron in town is Chad Ford of ESPN.com." – Mark Cuban

* "I don't have [expletive] to say to him. I didn't vote for him. It's just something we have to do." - Rasheed, on what he’d say to George Bush during the team’s visit to the White House.

* "Dampier is soft. Quote it, underline it, tape it, send it to him. Don't ask me about that guy ever again." – Shaq

* Fan: “I would just like to know... Have you ever dunked on Shaq during practice?”

Dwyane Wade: “No. And when I did try once, Shaq told me, ‘Don't ever try that again.’”

* "I really like Rafer Alston. We get along great. We have a lot of fun times together that I can't share with you guys." - Jalen Rose

"When (Jalen) comes over here, I'm going to give him a kiss. Not on his lips, though." - Rafer Alston

* "And (Reggie) Evans — you talk about Vlade being a flopper? This guy is taking it to a whole new level. He goes down when the air conditioning comes on." – Rick Adelman

* “I don't think anything of Laura Frank. You heard me — Laura Frank. Not Lawrence. Laura . . . It's not that I blame him, I just wish he'd go to a manly tactic and just fight me. Don't whine. When he whines, that's when I change his name of Lawrence Frank.” – Shaq

* "I think the type of centers you are looking at now are the Colliers and Nowitzki, the guys that can step out and shoot the ***** out of the ball. They can shoot and you can not take that away from them. I have never been a shooter. I have always been a prolific M.F. scorer. You know what M.F. stands for?” – Shaq

* “When you are 60, hang out with 60-year-olds, not 20-year-olds. That is all I got to say about Jerry Buss.” – Shaq

* "I'm not trying to get into any Cheerio commercials, or Coca-Cola commercials. I want to do a commercial in the 'hood." – Ron Artest

The last one is probably my favorite.

Lakerfan In NY
03-31-2010, 04:05 PM

I was just about to say that. Or when he said that he was the best player in the NBA. But i think that was last yr.

*Superman*
03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Haha iverson practice one was even made into a song thats great

Lmao. This guy's sig.

"They shot the ball well early. What comes out of the microwave hot doesn't always stay hot. I know, because I eat bagels in the morning." - Shaquille O'Neal

SteveNash
03-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Anytime I see a quote from an NBA players twitter account, they sound like a ******.

Here's just a recent one from Shaq:
"tell yur mom to sing in da mic I can't hear her"

Ragun
03-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah, the Monta one was pretty damn terrible.

Dwight's come across his fair-share of stupid comments as well though.

"Joe Johnson..You know, well, he's a great player, he can score tons of different ways, and..Well, I think he's one of the best scorers that the NBA's ever seen."

--Dwight states that Haywood is the best center to guard him-- *Drops 34/16* Way to back up your own statement ;)

But yeah. Love Dwight. He just sounds stupid sometimes. Haha.

he respects other players.

Swashcuff
03-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Whoa there big/little/whatever fella. Sorry to be a 'corrector' but A.I. DOES NOT PRACTICE. He didn't with the 76'ers. He didn't with the Nuggets. He didn't with the Pistons. You are sadly mistaken if you don't feel that way, and it rubbed of on all of the Nuggets- especially 'Melo, and he got soft.

He feels like he does not need to practice. He feels that he was above the coaches and the rest of the players on his team. He feels...oh wait... change 'feels' to 'felt'. He's out of the NBA.

The rant was based on what you were saying, but don't stray away from the facts- they were talking about practice 'cause IF he would have taken the time to get to know how his teammates play DURING practice, they might have won that game. So that's why they were talking about practice. Yes, practice. Not the fact that they lost the game, but practice. Not the fact that they were in a playoff run- practice.

He got paid millions of dollars to play the game, but didn't take the time to play on a team, and PRACTICE, so he is 'retired', and hasn't won a championship, so this should be considered, and IS, one of the dumbest quotes/conversations ever.

Are you even deserving of a reply? You are missing the whole point it was after a heated game in which they LOST. Due to a lack of practice??? Who knows? Maybe A.I. was just a ballhog, maybe he didn't trust his team mates, maybe they just weren't good enough. Was it funny YES. Is it the one of or the dumbest quote hell no.

Know what I would LOVE for someone to explain to me how a man who DOES NOT/ NEVER PRACTICE could more or less lead a team to the NBA finals, win the season MVP and Finals MVP.

Saying the man never practiced is the most ignorant thing someone could say about him. If he didn't he would have NEVER been as great as he was. If you say he didnt give enough time off the court to working with his team mates and didnt show up to the gym for on time/ consistently then you'd have an argument.

GSW Hoops
03-31-2010, 05:33 PM

I wish a reporter would ask Monta where he ranks ALL-TIME among the NBA greats:

Monta: "I think #1 is Wilt, then Jordan and Magic, then Kobe, then me, cuz I can do a lot of things. Score, rebound, defend, run the point, whatever coach needs me to do. Only thing I CAN'T do is play with Steph Curry."

ARMIN12NBA
03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Farmar was bold enough to say the truth though.

What truth? Farmar is an awful, selfish player. Please Kobe, do not pass this guy the ball (especially when you are shooting 56% from the field).

$ NyC $
03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Gotta be Al Harrington promising he was gonna average over 4 assists (or was it 5?) a game.

Public Enemy #1
03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
this

dumb dumb this was a joke. stupid *** lol

AIsixersFK
03-31-2010, 07:03 PM
"ball" - hedo turk

Weed&Football
03-31-2010, 08:11 PM
^^^^ funniest ****

0nekhmer
03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Hedo turkoglu post game answer " Ball "

td0tsfinest
03-31-2010, 09:31 PM
"Ball"............................................."Ball, I got nothing else to say"

heathonater
03-31-2010, 09:38 PM
dont have any particular shaq quotes right now, but he definitely makes some of the most funniest, dumbest comments out of any player in the league.

MTone8788
03-31-2010, 09:46 PM
"Ball"............................................."Ball, I got nothing else to say"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GL0ayF9Fs

MTone8788
03-31-2010, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNIhPmHwuF0

Top ten Shaq

mzgrizz
03-31-2010, 09:58 PM
I think when Allen Iverson said God told him to play ball in Memphis

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah.

Mo Williams, 'guarantee.' LMFAO.