PDA

View Full Version : Cavs/Lakers Finals? Think Again!

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 09:28 AM
We are all assuming a Kobe/LeBron Finals, right?
But here's a couple reasons why an alternate story, just might
take place:
Lakers/Cavs Finals??? (http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/03/cavaliers-lakers-finals-think-again-part-1-the-l-a-story/)

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 09:47 AM
I will be interested to see the other side of the story cause the Magic will surely have something to say about it.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM
I will be interested to see the other side of the story cause the Magic will surely have something to say about it.

Def.man! But I think the Cavs have the biggest hurdle to jump in ORL.

JordansBulls
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Give me Orlando and Denver or Orlando and Dallas.

Want to see a team that flies under the radar and one that hasn't won a title actually win one.

Raidaz4Life
03-31-2010, 11:53 AM
I actually don't see either of them making the finals

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 11:55 AM

Want to see a team that flies under the radar and one that hasn't won a title actually win one.

Well first off CLE hasnt won a title, and this is a HUGE year for Cleveland sports. Why wouldn't you want to see LeBron in the Finals?

Avenged
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM

I'd like to see Atlanta make a good push at it.

Double_R
03-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Nobody cares about Cleveland outside of the front runners.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 12:06 PM

Me too...but they aren't bringing down CLE

Havoc Wreaker
03-31-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't watch much NBA, but :cheers: to Jason Kidd winning a championship.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
haha. Itd be nice for Kidd to win a ring though!

DaBUU
03-31-2010, 12:20 PM
I really think the Mavs are a darkhorse that can get past the Lakers. Mavs-Magic finals isnt crazy

Raph12
03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Well first off CLE hasnt won a title, and this is a HUGE year for Cleveland sports. Why wouldn't you want to see LeBron in the Finals?

Because that would make Lebron the biggest douche in entertainment history. He already is arrogant enough, he doesn't need another notch under his belt, if anything, he needs to be brought back down to earth by losing again... Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, I love the player, just not the person.

Magic-Lakers rematch

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Because that would make Lebron the biggest douche in entertainment history. He already is arrogant enough, he doesn't need another notch under his belt, if anything, he needs to be brought back down to earth by losing again... Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, I love the player, just not the person.

Magic-Lakers rematch

Well here's the thing, LeBron KNOWS he's the best player on Earth, and usually the best at what they are, have a certain "I Know I AM' swagger to them. Like Jordan, he had that type of bite to him. And trust me, I see the guy on the court, and IDC, let him say what he wants, as long as he keeps doing what he's been doing.

Nighthawk
03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Boston or Cleveland v.s DALLAS!

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM

Magic-Lakers rematch

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

Sadds The Gr8
03-31-2010, 12:31 PM

Magic-Lakers rematch

Well here's the thing, LeBron KNOWS he's the best player on Earth, and usually the best at what they are, have a certain "I Know I AM' swagger to them. Like Jordan, he had that type of bite to him. And trust me, I see the guy on the court, and IDC, let him say what he wants, as long as he keeps doing what he's been doing.

Exactly...Kobe has this too, and his is probably even worse, but I don't see anyone on these boards criticizing him NEARLY as much.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 12:32 PM

Dang, what's with all the Dallas fans? lol

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Exactly...Kobe has this too, and his is probably even worse, but I don't see anyone on these boards criticizing him NEARLY as much.

Cause LeBron has never been sent to court for something like Kobe did. That's possibly why.

nycsports2
03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
cavs nuggets for me

Mrphilly
03-31-2010, 12:39 PM

Magic-Lakers rematch

You are in denial, YOU ARE A HATER!!!! You say you Love Lebron the player, but not the person. YOU DON'T KNOW LEBRON THE PERSON!!!!

You are silly to say you don't like him as a person, because of what you see in a interview.

You want the nicest guys in the Finals instead of the best players...Really

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
cavs nuggets for me

This would be a great Finals also! Anyone like the idea of Melo/Bron over Kobe/Bron?

Avenged
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
This would be a great Finals also! Anyone like the idea of Melo/Bron over Kobe/Bron?

I prefer Kobe/Barnes over Kobe/Lebron. :p

DCB/LAL
03-31-2010, 12:50 PM
HAHAHA So he thinks it wont happen because LA wont make it?

Correct me if im wrong but it was the Cavs and Lebron James who choked and didn't make it last year make an artical about that. :rolleyes:

DCB/LAL
03-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Its gonna be Magic/Lakers again.

The Magic really are the best team in the East no doubt. LA is best in the league. These 2 are facts not opinions.

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Gimme Cavs-Nuggs.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 12:53 PM

The Magic really are the best team in the East no doubt. LA is best in the league. These 2 are facts not opinions.

Psshh. Okay, biased opinion????

Raise your hand if you think ORL is the best in the East!!!!!

DCB/LAL
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM

HAHA so you have a problem with my opinion because you say its "BIASED", but you have no problem with the writers opinion who says there might not be a Cavs/Lakers because he thinks the Lakers won make it?

So its ok to be biased for the Cavs but not againts them? Oh ok......My bad HOMER. :rolleyes:

And YES I really do believe Orlando is the best team in the EAST really it's not that far fetched nobody thought they were the best last year when the knocked the Cavs out kinda like deja vu this year wouldn't you say?

Raph12
03-31-2010, 01:04 PM

You are in denial, YOU ARE A HATER!!!! You say you Love Lebron the player, but not the person. YOU DON'T KNOW LEBRON THE PERSON!!!!

You are silly to say you don't like him as a person, because of what you see in a interview.

You want the nicest guys in the Finals instead of the best players...Really

Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, etc, never disrespected the game by dancing on the sidelines, saying the scoring title doesn't matter or not doing a mandatory postgame pressconference because they lost.

Let me put it this way, I love to watch Lebron play basketball, but hate what he does when he's not on the court.

You can't see it but everyone on PSD has their hand up. :p

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 01:04 PM

Magic-Lakers rematch

Kobe isn't a douche? The best know they are the best, and are a-holes many times. Go over the top 20 players ever, and you probably get 16 douche bags

DCB/LAL
03-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Kobe isn't a douche? The best know they are the best, and are a-holes many times. Go over the top 20 players ever, and you probably get 16 douche bags

Yes with Kobe being in that 20% thats not a douche. Your right! :D

tredigs
03-31-2010, 01:09 PM

Without K-Mart and George Karl, I'd be surprised if they make it out of the first round. If they can manage to get Karl back in time, then I see them getting bounced in the 2nd round. The Nuggets look horrible.

We'll see how Shaq looks when he gets back. This time off may actually prove to be a good thing for him and the Cavs, and a relatively easy first round matchup should allow them to gel together as a full team again.

Anyway, obviously there is no easy road to the finals this year, in either conference. The Magic and Mavs are serious contenders, and there's more than a couple sleepers in the West. If anybody thinks that it's set in stone as this article is trying to imply, then they're not watching the same NBA everybody else is.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 01:14 PM
HAHA so you have a problem with my opinion because you say its "BIASED", but you have no problem with the writers opinion who says there might not be a Cavs/Lakers because he thinks the Lakers won make it?

So its ok to be biased for the Cavs but not againts them? Oh ok......My bad HOMER. :rolleyes:

And YES I really do believe Orlando is the best team in the EAST really it's not that far fetched nobody thought they were the best last year when the knocked the Cavs out kinda like deja vu this year wouldn't you say?

Listen, the Magic had great match ups against Cleveland. That's pretty much it. Tell me how the depleted Celtics nearly knocked you guys out last season. You know, when Glen Davis nearly crapped all over Orlando. Yes, that series.
And no, Im an NBA fan, and I'm telling you, with the addition of Jamison, Cleveland now can sleep well. Now that Turkoglu is in CAN, Lewis is CLE's only prob. Guess who can lockdown Rashard? AJ.

JHOx26
03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Listen, the Magic had great match ups against Cleveland. That's pretty much it. Tell me how the depleted Celtics nearly knocked you guys out last season. You know, when Glen Davis nearly crapped all over Orlando. Yes, that series.
And no, Im an NBA fan, and I'm telling you, with the addition of Jamison, Cleveland now can sleep well. Now that Turkoglu is in CAN, Lewis is CLE's only prob. Guess who can lockdown Rashard? AJ.

Whos stopping dwight now?? Good luck with sideshow bob covering him

Avenged
03-31-2010, 01:17 PM

The point is they didn't. Orlando beat them and then beat Cleveland. What does that have to do with what he said?

DCB/LAL
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM

Oh im sorry you've mistaken me for a MAGIC fan sorry no "BIAS" here im a Lakers fan so I can give you my "UNBIASED" opinion on the EAST and tell you the Magic are the best team in the EAST. Too bad your a Cavs fan and your opinion really is "Biased" when giving your opinion on the East.

Oh and as far as the Celtics nearly knocking out the Macig last year please try to remember that the "Depleted Celtics team" your talking about put up more of a fight than the Cavs did agasint the Magic so careful with what you say might make your Cavs team look/sound worse.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh im sorry you've mistaken me for a MAGIC fan sorry no "BIAS" here im a Lakers fan so I can give you my "UNBIASED" opinion on the EAST and tell you the Magic are the best team in the EAST. Too bad your a Cavs fan and your opinion really is "Biased" when giving your opinion on the East.

Oh and as far as the Celtics nearly knocking out the Macig last year please try to remember that the "Depleted Celtics team" your talking about put up more of a fight than the Cavs did agasint the Magic so careful with what you say might make your Cavs team look worse.
Okay Laker, tell me why the Magic are the best in the East.
All I want to know.

TheKing23
03-31-2010, 01:24 PM

Please provide me with the facts that make the Magic the best in the East and the Lakers the best in the entire league this season.

Good luck...

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:24 PM
I want to see an ORL vs. LA rematch. I have to see what would happen. More experience on both parts.

I'd also like to see :

Dallas vs. Orlando
Denver vs. Cleveland

To me, the Lakers/Cavs finals prediction is really overrated. There are 3-5 other teams that could actually take out the Lakers, or Cavs.

JHOx26
03-31-2010, 01:25 PM
All I want to know.

Team > One player

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Please provide me with the facts that make the Magic the best in the East and the Lakers the best in the entire league this season.

Good luck...
These people believe because ORL beat CLE last year, means that they are better. Not the case.

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:26 PM

Good luck...

I can't provide facts from this season.

However, I can provide a fact that last season, Cleveland had the best record in the league, and we all know what happened there. <3

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:26 PM
These people believe because ORL beat CLE last year, means that they are better. Not the case.

Keep telling yourself that.

You guys have improved. So have we. I can't wait till the rematch.

TheKing23
03-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Whos stopping dwight now?? Good luck with sideshow bob covering him

The real Superman

DCB/LAL
03-31-2010, 01:27 PM
All I want to know.

Really we have to go through all that again? Like I haven't talked about that 500 times on this site this season already?

TheKing23
03-31-2010, 01:29 PM
I can't provide facts from this season.

However, I can provide a fact that last season, Cleveland had the best record in the league, and we all know what happened there. <3

I'm cool with you, but I don't understand why people are still using last season as a measuring stick.

Both teams are probably the two most changed teams in the league since last year... Using last year as any sort of evidence is ridiculous. If both teams hadn't added ANY players then yes, you could use last season. But with the amount of new additions, it's not a legit way of comparing the two teams.

The only measuring stick you can use for this season is current regular season record and head to head matchups... Nothing else.

Avenged
03-31-2010, 01:30 PM
There's just no point to this lol. Cleveland fans think their team is a lock for the finals no matter what happens. Boston and Orlando don't stand a chance. While every other team is going to struggle. :rolleyes:

DCB/LAL
03-31-2010, 01:32 PM

Good luck...

Come on man your not new here you've read everyones opinions towards that do we have to go through all that again.

Last year there were no facts on paper that said Orlando was better nobody expected them to beat Cle but yet they did! Didn't they?

The game is played on the court not on paper thats where my facts lie and my facts are Orlando has shown their a team built for these playoffs the Cavs on the other hand have not those are the facts for your a*s.

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Let's just not even get into this. Until the Magic are dethroned this season by the Cavaliers, the Magic remain the better team. It's not a situation as if I was saying, "If the Nets were champs last season, they're better now." (That's not the case.) The Magic are still holding their own. We're doing more than that. We're not far below the Cavs either really. 7-10 games is far. Our record is fine. I think until we're dethroned, nobody can really say otherwise, or else I'll just use last season's argument with this one.

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm cool with you, but I don't understand why people are still using last season as a measuring stick.

Both teams are probably the two most changed teams in the league since last year... Using last year as any sort of evidence is ridiculous. If both teams hadn't added ANY players then yes, you could use last season. But with the amount of new additions, it's not a legit way of comparing the two teams.

The only measuring stick you can use for this season is current regular season record and head to head matchups... Nothing else.

Well, I guess.

Nonetheless, it's going to be a great series to watch if both of us make it back.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 01:34 PM
ORL only has 2 better matchups against Cleveland.
1) Dwight
2)VC

THATS IT
CLE's bench is better:
Varejao
West
Hickson
Gibson
Powe
Moon
Ilgauskas

...ORL...please

tjlipford
Dam some of y'all really hate lebrons guts. Y'all say he is arrogant but when does he talk **** about people? Just because he said he could lead the league in scoring every year? Well he wasn't lying because he does score easier than anyone in the NBA and I don't really think anyone could argue against him being the best.

He dances but who really cares. The magic did have the last laugh last year and all the dancing at the end did make him look stupid. Personally I think most players are arrogant but I could care less about that. All I care about is what he does for the cavs and the city of Cleveland. All that other stuff is irrelevant to me

DCB/LAL

Dont give me that "Dont use last season" when LAL lost to the Celtics nobody thought they could win because they were "Soft" LA had to go out and prove they weren't.

Now its the Cavs turn to go out and prove they wont choke like they did last year. Sound Fair enough to me.

Raph12
03-31-2010, 01:38 PM
The real Superman

Oh you mean that fat guy who apparently had to double team for the 1st time in his career the last time he played Orlando? or the guy that flopped when Dwight spun and then took a **** on him? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGdKTiC51aw (apparently also a first time ever for him)

Looks like Dwight gives Shaq a lot of "firsts"

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
1) Dwight
2)VC

THATS IT
CLE's bench is better:
Varejao
West
Hickson
Gibson
Powe
Moon
Ilgauskas

...ORL...please

I'll agree to disagree. Orlando has a better bench than Cleveland. If you want to look at it perspective wise. Powe? Seriously? Moon? Decent. Hickson? Good. Varejao? No match for Dwight. Gibson? J-will, get in the game. Ilgauskus? Gortat, *cough* Come here. West? Hey Hedo, I know you doin' good in Toronto, but I'ma need you for a second.

J-Will
Redick
Pietrus
Anderson
Bass
Johnson (Lol.)
Gortat

I think if you put J-Will, Redick, Pietrus, Bass, and Gortat vs. Gibson, West, Moon, Varejao, Hickson/Z, Orlando would win the matchup, but this isn't strictly about bench play. This is which team will have more determination. I call it as I see it. It can be won by either team.

TheKing23
03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh you mean that fat guy who apparently had to double team for the 1st time in his career the last time he played Orlando? or the guy that flopped when Dwight spun and then took a **** on him? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGdKTiC51aw (apparently also a first time ever for him)

Looks like Dwight gives Shaq a lot of "firsts"

I know you like seriously LOVE Dwight and all that, but he'll never be able to hold a torch to the real Superman.

C'mon you gotta admit, as good as Dwight is, he'll never be half the player Shaq was in his prime.

Back on topic, Shaq defending Dwight >>>>>> Big Z defending Dwight

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Dam some of y'all really hate lebrons guts. Y'all say he is arrogant but when does he talk **** about people? Just because he said he could lead the league in scoring every year? Well he wasn't lying because he does score easier than anyone in the NBA and I don't really think anyone could argue against him being the best.

He dances but who really cares. The magic did have the last laugh last year and all the dancing at the end did make him look stupid. Personally I think most players are arrogant but I could care less about that. All I care about is what he does for the cavs and the city of Cleveland. All that other stuff is irrelevant to me

There's a time for dancing, and a time for being serious. Lebron get's those times mixed up countless(ly). That's the problem I have with him. Perfect example : Lebron dancing and singing on the sidelines during the last few minutes of a crucial point in the Lakers/Cavs game this season. Not very humble, if you ask me, but he was having fun I guess, so whatever. Just get's on my nerves. If Lebron was somewhat humble, I'd be a lot more willing to talk nice about the guy.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Yes with Kobe being in that 20% thats not a douche. Your right! :D

haha, try again. Its not a bad thing dude. And Kobe is a douche, cmon. But it helps make him great

DCB/LAL
03-31-2010, 01:48 PM
I know you like seriously LOVE Dwight and all that, but he'll never be able to hold a torch to the real Superman.

C'mon you gotta admit, as good as Dwight is, he'll never be half the player Shaq was in his prime.

I agree that Shaq is an upgrade on defending Dwight but the match-up I wanna see(which I believe was the biggest problem for the Cavs) is Jamison/Lewis.

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Don't go overboard. He won't be half the player? Meh. Opinion.

I see where you're going though. Shaq isn't Dwight, Dwight isn't Shaq. They're different players. We've discussed this before in numerous threads. We need to stop comparing the two. If it wasn't for the nickname, nobody would ever have started comparing them anyways, other than the fact that they were/are both big men in Orlando.

Agreed on the Big Z thing though. Big Z won't have a chance against Dwight, but Shaq could maybe rumble with em'.

Avenged
03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
I just hope the Lakers make it to the finals because Cleveland and Orlando are going to beat each other down! :D

TheKing23
03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
I'll agree to disagree. Orlando has a better bench than Cleveland. If you want to look at it perspective wise. Powe? Seriously? Moon? Decent. Hickson? Good. Varejao? No match for Dwight. Gibson? J-will, get in the game. Ilgauskus? Gortat, *cough* Come here. West? Hey Hedo, I know you doin' good in Toronto, but I'ma need you for a second.

J-Will
Redick
Pietrus
Anderson
Bass
Johnson (Lol.)
Gortat

I think if you put J-Will, Redick, Pietrus, Bass, and Gortat vs. Gibson, West, Moon, Varejao, Hickson/Z, Orlando would win the matchup, but this isn't strictly about bench play. This is which team will have more determination. I call it as I see it. It can be won by either team.

The carrot will always win.

Delonte > Redick
Big Z > Gortat
Varejao > Bass
Hickson > Anderson
J-Will > Boobie
Pietrus > Moon
Powe > Johnson (two guys that won't get much PT in the playoffs)

The Cavs win the large majority of the bench battles.

JDizzle
03-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Magic vs Thunder remember my name its jdizzle you heard it first. Dwight howard gets the job done this time. Kevin durant will be there many more years to come. Magic win series 4-2

Raph12
03-31-2010, 01:55 PM

Dwight will never be the dominant offensive force that Shaq was in his prime, but he's already leaps and bounds better than Shaq's ever been defensively.

I don't expect Dwight to be a 30-12-2 guy like Shaq was, I think a 25-15-3 is more like what his best season will look like.

I agree, Shaq defending Dwight >>>>>> Z, Varejao or Hickson defending Dwight.

4 titles, 3 Finals MVPs and 1 League MVP... It's very doable. But I'd be content with 1-2 rings (with Finals MVPs), 1 league MVP and 4 to 6+ DPOY awards.

TheKing23
03-31-2010, 01:58 PM
I agree that Shaq is an upgrade on defending Dwight but the match-up I wanna see(which I believe was the biggest problem for the Cavs) is Jamison/Lewis.

The matchup problem was Hedo. Mike Brown had LeBron on Rafer so he could play roaming defense. That left 6'3 Delonte guarding 6'10 point forward Hedo. With the Cavs bringing in Anthony Parker and VC pretty much replacing Hedo those problems are gone.

When it comes to Rashard and Jamison, i've always seen Rashard as a poor mans Jamison, even before Antawn became a Cav. Both have a good outside game, average defenders, but Jamison has a much better knack for scoring and is a far superior rebounder. That won't be a problem for either team as both of those players cancel each other out pretty much.

The problem will be the Magic's inability to contain LeBron...

Avenged
03-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Dwight will never be the dominant offensive force that Shaq was in his prime, but he's already leaps and bounds better than Shaq's ever been defensively.

I don't expect Dwight to be a 30-12-2 guy like Shaq was, I think a 25-15-3 is more like what his best season will look like.

I agree, Shaq defending Dwight >>>>>> Z, Varejao or Hickson defending Dwight.

4 titles, 3 Finals MVPs and 1 League MVP... It's very doable. But I'd be content with 1-2 rings (with Finals MVPs), 1 league MVP and 4 to 6+ DPOY awards.

Who cares really? Shaq isn't in his prime anymore. Dwight is clearly the better player right now. If they meet in the playoffs (which is likely) Dwight will go up against the Shaq right now, not the prime Shaq.

THATSALL
03-31-2010, 02:00 PM

boston isn't going to finals they can't hang with cleveland or magic. wouldn't want them to make finals. they already bought their ring a few years ago. other than boston fans, NOBODY wants them in the finals.

Avenged
03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Magic vs Thunder remember my name its jdizzle you heard it first. Dwight howard gets the job done this time. Kevin durant will be there many more years to come. Magic win series 4-2

I would love to see the Thunder make a big push in the playoffs, but unfortunately this isn't their year.

RadiantShot
03-31-2010, 02:04 PM

Delonte > Redick
Big Z > Gortat
Varejao > Bass
Hickson > Anderson
J-Will > Boobie
Pietrus > Moon

Redick = Delonte (Redick can hold his own. He's improved, and he's definitely found his niche on the team. He's the best conditioned, and I think he can keep up with Delonte.)
Gortat = Big Z (Honestly. When Gortat's doing well, he's an amazing backup Center, and could start for a team who needs a good center.)
Hickson = Bass (Bass and Hickson remind me of eachother sometimes. The difference is that Bass can shoot the jumper, but Hickson is a bit larger.)
Varejao > Anderson (Frankly just because of the flopping. J/k. His defense will be useful, but Ryan can stretch the floor, so he creates a mismatch.)
J-Will = > Gibson (Could go either way. They play alike, but J-will just runs a lot more than Gibson. Not really a key matchup.)
Pietrus = Moon (At this point, Pietrus' offense is terrible. Idk really what we're going to do about this, but he usually steps up in the playoffs. I'm liking Moon's play as of late though. I'd give the defense category to Pietrus in a quick hurry though.)

Powe vs. Johnson is non-existant, their complete opposites.

sep11ie
03-31-2010, 02:08 PM

Cause LeBron and Shaq in the finals it'll turn into the Special Olympics version of Dancing With The Stars.

Philly 4 Life
03-31-2010, 02:12 PM

How is this a huge year for cleveland sports? the browns suck, the indians are terrible, the only team that is good in cleveland is the cavs

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 02:16 PM
How is this a huge year for cleveland sports? the browns suck, the indians are terrible, the only team that is good in cleveland is the cavs

WTF? Because if Cavs lose LeBron, every team in Cleveland will have gone down the gutter...think before you ask.

Mavrix
03-31-2010, 02:17 PM
I wanna see a Mavs vs Magic finals.

leftymo
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM
The two #1 seeds are the most likely candidates to make the finals. History has shown its the most frequent occurance.

Overall if you want to make the finals you gotta be at least a top 3 seed.

Denver currently isn't...

From a Lakers fan perspective, and knowing the history between Dallas & LA for the past decade... all I can say is that if Dallas were to beat LA in the WCF, Phil would be fired, and the team would have major changes made.

There's no way a mentally weak team like Dallas should beat the Lakers in a playoff series.

Avenged
03-31-2010, 02:22 PM
WTF? Because if Cavs lose LeBron, every team in Cleveland will have gone down the gutter...think before you ask.

I don't think you have to include every other Cleveland team in their. If Lebron leaves, the Cavaliers go down the gutter. I don't think it affects the NFL or MLB Cleveland teams.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't think you have to include every other Cleveland team in their. If Lebron leaves, the Cavaliers go down the gutter. I don't think it affects the NFL or MLB Cleveland teams.

What Im saying is, the Indians will be garbage (cause they are), Browns (self-explanatory) and Cavs (if LeBron leaves will crush the hearts of all CLE sports fans)

mp3
03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
all i wanna see is the lakers destroy the cavs in the finals so everyone can stop crying about lebron being the best and realize that its clearly kobe. when i see kobe wins his 5th ring i want him to give lebron a high five and than when lebron goes to high five him back to see kobe put his hand away and be like nah dude i was just letting you know that i got 5 now. :up:

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 02:34 PM
all i wanna see is the lakers destroy the cavs in the finals so everyone can stop crying about lebron being the best and realize that its clearly kobe. when i see kobe wins his 5th ring i want him to give lebron a high five and than when lebron goes to high five him back to see kobe put his hand away and be like nah dude i was just letting you know that i got 5 now. :up:

Hah. You should be a comedian.

tjlipford
03-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Howard wont dominate Shaq. Everyone keeps saying that Shaq is not in his prime. We all know that. What we got him for is to hold down the paint and play well against Howard which I think he can. I know during the course of a 7 game series that Shaq will get into foul trouble but Im a firm believer that he will play Howard well enough so that we will get past them.

The other problem is that orlando just plays good against us. They really feel like they can beat us and they proved they could when it mattered the most. That was last year and both of these teams are different then last year.

We will have HCA again, but Im just waiting to see how our role players step up this year, because LB will step his game up but he cant beat a whole team by himself.

In the playoffs are where we are going to see the real value of our new acquisitions and if Mo can hit some wide open shots.

I believe the Lakers are going back to the finals. All the hype about Dallas and Denver. Dallas will not beat them and thats for sure.

What has Denver done to get better than the Lakers? Nothing. The last two years in the playoffs they got swept and LA beat them in 6 games. How are they going to beat the Lakers? I dont know. Kenyon Martin is hurt and a 50-70% Kenyon Martin will pretty much guarantee a Denver loss.

I just feel that an LA vs. Cleveland finals is going to happen. When it comes down to it I think they are the best two teams.

tjlipford
03-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Terrible

Avenged
03-31-2010, 02:40 PM

Even if the Lakers beat the Cavs in the finals, it wont mean Kobe is better than Lebron. It just means the Lakers were the better team.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Even if the Lakers beat the Cavs in the finals, it wont mean Kobe is better than Lebron. It just means the Lakers were the better team.

very true

Avenged
03-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Howard wont dominate Shaq. Everyone keeps saying that Shaq is not in his prime. We all know that. What we got him for is to hold down the paint and play well against Howard which I think he can. I know during the course of a 7 game series that Shaq will get into foul trouble but Im a firm believer that he will play Howard well enough so that we will get past them.

The other problem is that orlando just plays good against us. They really feel like they can beat us and they proved they could when it mattered the most. That was last year and both of these teams are different then last year.

We will have HCA again, but Im just waiting to see how our role players step up this year, because LB will step his game up but he cant beat a whole team by himself.

In the playoffs are where we are going to see the real value of our new acquisitions and if Mo can hit some wide open shots.

I believe the Lakers are going back to the finals. All the hype about Dallas and Denver. Dallas will not beat them and thats for sure.

What has Denver done to get better than the Lakers? Nothing. The last two years in the playoffs they got swept and LA beat them in 6 games. How are they going to beat the Lakers? I dont know. Kenyon Martin is hurt and a 50-70% Kenyon Martin will pretty much guarantee a Denver loss.

I just feel that an LA vs. Cleveland finals is going to happen. When it comes down to it I think they are the best two teams.

I'll have to agree with your post but not always the best two teams meet in the finals.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
I'll have to agree with your post but not always the best two teams meet in the finals.

True true.
Ex:
2007 NBA Finals

still1ballin
03-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Playoffs cannot come any sooner :)

mikantsass
03-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Dont ask me who will make it, but I do not see the Lakers and Cavs BOTH making the finals

natelpete
03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
The Bobcats are secretly stacked.....

blacknell
03-31-2010, 04:26 PM
the nba is rigged so it will happen quote me on that

JNA17
03-31-2010, 04:36 PM

except all your doing and pretty much what some other people do is just "say" they are a douche when they have not shown how or why that certain player is a douche. So far only Ralph explained how lebron was a douche and nobody else cared to counter how kobe or another player is a douche. Instead, people like you just "say it" because the player is a superstar or elite so you just assume.

ManOnFire
03-31-2010, 04:58 PM
There's a time for dancing, and a time for being serious. Lebron get's those times mixed up countless(ly). That's the problem I have with him. Perfect example : Lebron dancing and singing on the sidelines during the last few minutes of a crucial point in the Lakers/Cavs game this season. Not very humble, if you ask me, but he was having fun I guess, so whatever. Just get's on my nerves. If Lebron was somewhat humble, I'd be a lot more willing to talk nice about the guy.

Not quite sure if Dwight has shown these antics at crucial points in a game...but watching him dance and do his annoying shooting thing before games looks just as foolish.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 04:58 PM
the nba is rigged so it will happen quote me on that

Explain your amazing theory

G-Funk
03-31-2010, 05:12 PM

If the Cavs beat the Lakers in the finals, it wont mean Lebron is better than Kobe. It just means the Cavs were the better team.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 05:20 PM
If the Cavs beat the Lakers in the finals, it wont mean Lebron is better than Kobe. It just means the Cavs were the better team.

True. Even though LeBron IS better than Kobe. IDK about Kobe in his prime though, but in the end, LeBron WILL be better than Kobe

mikantsass
03-31-2010, 05:21 PM

In your sig you say that LAL is the #1 defensive team in the NBA... I dont want to start a big argument, but I am wondering what you are basing that off of

Avenged
03-31-2010, 05:22 PM

Haha well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I prefer the Lakers winning it all, than Kobe being considered better than Lebron. But that's just me.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 05:47 PM
In your sig you say that LAL is the #1 defensive team in the NBA... I dont want to start a big argument, but I am wondering what you are basing that off of

good point.lol

quade36
03-31-2010, 06:27 PM
True. Even though LeBron IS better than Kobe. IDK about Kobe in his prime though, but in the end, LeBron WILL be better than Kobe

agreed.

But that being said Cleveland doesn't have the depth other teams do. I really don't know if they are built to go far. They were there a few years ago because of a weak East. I could be wrong. They could win it all. We'll see I guess.

As for the West, damn Dallas looks real good, especially after that trade

natelpete
03-31-2010, 06:27 PM

Yet I'm guessing you would argue Kobe is better than Lebron because he has won more championships...

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 06:41 PM
agreed.

But that being said Cleveland doesn't have the depth other teams do. I really don't know if they are built to go far. They were there a few years ago because of a weak East. I could be wrong. They could win it all. We'll see I guess.

As for the West, damn Dallas looks real good, especially after that trade
Cleveland isn't deep? Please.....

jtrinaldi
03-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Bucks vs lakers in the finals

MU and UW Fan
03-31-2010, 06:50 PM
DevonMSF -

You claim your just an NBA fan? It really seems that way by the way your riding Lebron and the Cavs dick throughout this whole thread. And when someone said NBA is rigged and you said explain your theory... just unreal. Your so arrogant. The NBA is rigged besides the teams that have the star players and get any call they want. You clearly are either a major homer and can't accept facts or your just that stupid.

RaiderLakersA's
03-31-2010, 06:58 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Atlanta get to the Finals.

*Superman*
03-31-2010, 07:02 PM

Delonte > Redick
Big Z > Gortat
Varejao > Bass
Hickson > Anderson
J-Will > Boobie
Pietrus > Moon

I think you forgot how last year your bench....team chocked, besides LeBron.

You can say > and < all you want, but it comes down to not who is the better player, but who does all the little things to help the team win. For Redick and Delonte, I would say it is closer then people think. JJ has proved that he can create shots, hit the open 3, and get assists. Ill give you Big Z, but Gortat is known to play good in the playoffs, so = there. Bass, I'm not to sure how he will do in the playoffs, so ill give Varejao the edge. Anderson helps spread the floor, and can rebound, and Hickson is only good when LeBron is finding him. Jason is good at finding players,and hitting the 3, Gibson is good at shooting. Pietrus lit you up last time. And who cares about Powe and Johnson, even though No Neck is better. :D

*Superman*
03-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Explain your amazing theory

Cavs fan...oh my bad, Lebron fan, in Florida. :pity:

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 07:06 PM
DevonMSF -

You claim your just an NBA fan? It really seems that way by the way your riding Lebron and the Cavs dick throughout this whole thread. And when someone said NBA is rigged and you said explain your theory... just unreal. Your so arrogant. The NBA is rigged besides the teams that have the star players and get any call they want. You clearly are either a major homer and can't accept facts or your just that stupid.

1) There's no need for that type of profanity on these boards
2) I'm defending the Cavs, simply because they are getting bashed in this thread
3) And tell me which facts I missed out on? Look at the stats. Proof is all there buddy.
4) I never said the NBA wasn't rigged. I simply asked for a reason as to why he said it.
5) Chill out. You clearly are riding something else, cause it seems to be so far up there, your PMSing.

ragee
03-31-2010, 07:10 PM

Please don't compare MJ to Lebron... Lebron is too full of himself... HE IS NOT EVEN THE BEST PLAYER YET! Until he can prove to everyone that he is better than Kobe, he has no right to think that he is already the best... IT is not just what he says man... It s what he does as well... The dancing at the sidelines, the walking out of the loss against the Magic, etc...

ragee
03-31-2010, 07:15 PM
I think you forgot how last year your bench....team chocked, besides LeBron.

You can say > and < all you want, but it comes down to not who is the better player, but who does all the little things to help the team win. For Redick and Delonte, I would say it is closer then people think. JJ has proved that he can create shots, hit the open 3, and get assists. Ill give you Big Z, but Gortat is known to play good in the playoffs, so = there. Bass, I'm not to sure how he will do in the playoffs, so ill give Varejao the edge. Anderson helps spread the floor, and can rebound, and Hickson is only good when LeBron is finding him. Jason is good at finding players,and hitting the 3, Gibson is good at shooting. Pietrus lit you up last time. And who cares about Powe and Johnson, even though No Neck is better. :D

Let it go superman... Like last last year, let the Cavs think they have the deepest bench again and disregard the Magic... We all know hat happened last year! ;)

*Superman*
03-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Let it go superman... Like last last year, let the Cavs think they have the deepest bench again and disregard the Magic... We all know hat happened last year! ;)

Haha. I'm just proving my point that the Magic have a solid bench too, one of the best if not the best.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Haha. I'm just proving my point that the Magic have a solid bench too, one of the best if not the best.
I love the Magic bench!

Ryan Andersen, Pietrus, Bass, Barnes.
Very long, athletic, and can shoot!

penuch
03-31-2010, 07:24 PM

Magic-Lakers rematch

This, I can't stand Lebron as is already. God help me if he wins he will probably be the most intolerable player in sports.

*Superman*
03-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I love the Magic bench!

Ryan Andersen, Pietrus, Bass, Barnes.
Very long, athletic, and can shoot!

That's what she said. ;)

Verbal Christ
03-31-2010, 07:27 PM
i see a hard fought 7 gamer between la and the cavs, with lebron pulling it out in game 7.

DevonMSF
03-31-2010, 07:29 PM
That's what she said. ;)

Haha!

CowboysKB24
03-31-2010, 07:38 PM
People forget about how different the playoffs are. Coaching becomes a much bigger deal and so do match ups. Cavs were the best team last year and lost to the Magic, who no one thought would put up a fight. Cavs were out matched and now since the Cavs have made some trades people are still riding them. Cavs have the most to prove out of any team and have by far the most pressure, LeBron will feel it as soon as game 1 comes. Mike Brown is not a good coach either.

I think Lakers got the West.

In the East, I think the Magic will win it but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs got there.

CowboysKB24
03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
i see a hard fought 7 gamer between la and the cavs, with lebron pulling it out in game 7.

If that is the case I think LA pulls it out. Their coaching, leadership and experience surpasses Clevelands even with Shaq. If Cavs win I think they take it 4-2.

tjlipford
03-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Y'all Orlando fans keep talking about last year. That was last year let it go. Neither team won the ring. All y'all say is like last year. Dam, this is a new year with new pieces, Shaq who puts fear into Howard, jamison and a even better Lebron. Y'all are a good team but u can't keep living in the past. This is a new year

momoneyyyy
03-31-2010, 08:10 PM
mavs are winning it this year they got marion and butler to gaurd kobe and lebron. kidd will pass the ball and terry coming off the bench.. nothing to say about dirk and got inside presense in haywood and damp.

D Blue987
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
I would love it if Lebron signed with LA in the off season and then Kobe stayed in LA too. I wonder how many people would jump off of Lebrons bandwaggon if he did that. Some people just hate the Lakers that much. They are undoubtedly the Yankees of basketball. As for the thread, I believe it will be Lakers vs. Cleveland in the finals. Dont forget the Lakers are the champs and deserve to treated as such. The west certainly is tough whereas the east will be fairly weak until the second round. LA has a tougher road overall imo but that doesnt mean they wont make the finals by any means. The playoffs are a totally different animal than the regular season and the best of the best bring their best game for it. Dont expect LA to be upset by Dallas or Denver by a landslide. If LA will lose it will be in no less than 6 games and what ever team beats them will have exhausted themselves to do so. Every team goes through hurdles and the Lakers are no different. They will be ready when playoffs start.

Toenail Clipper
03-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Cause LeBron has never been sent to court for something like Kobe did. That's possibly why.

You're funny.
Why do you think there's more Laker and Kobe fans out there than Cavs and LeBron fans? HM.

Spencesc11
03-31-2010, 08:35 PM
You have to put good odds on this happening this year. The west has some good teams especially Dallas and Denver but the Lakers should still reach the Finals with relative ease. As for the Cavs I believe with Shaq/Ilgauskus center combination that should be enough to keep Howard busy enough on the defensive end and not be so dominant offensively. And if your comparing the rest of the teams Lebron, Jamison, M. Williams, and Parker should be able to handle their business with Nelson, Carter, Lewis, and Pietrus.

Just think the top seeds hold up but still see a Lakers repeat before I see Lebron getting the ring. I think Artest gets in his head like Rodman used to do to Karl Malone and gets him out of his comfort zone.

So prediction Lakers over Cavs in 6 games.

TheKing23
03-31-2010, 08:36 PM
You're funny.
Why do you think there's more Laker and Kobe fans out there than Cavs and LeBron fans? HM.

Because the Lakers bandwagon can fit more people.

Da Knicks
03-31-2010, 08:40 PM
The bigger market Lebron wont have to worry the knicks got his back next year.

GspLAL
03-31-2010, 08:53 PM

Maybe cuz Kobe doesn't wear shirts saying "Check my stats" or not shake the opponents hands after losing a series. Kobe lost to the CELTICS and still had the respect to shake hands.

Avenged
03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
People forget about how different the playoffs are. Coaching becomes a much bigger deal and so do match ups. Cavs were the best team last year and lost to the Magic, who no one thought would put up a fight. Cavs were out matched and now since the Cavs have made some trades people are still riding them. Cavs have the most to prove out of any team and have by far the most pressure, LeBron will feel it as soon as game 1 comes. Mike Brown is not a good coach either.

I think Lakers got the West.

In the East, I think the Magic will win it but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs got there.

Did someone really say that on your sig??? :laugh2:

CowboysKB24
03-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Did someone really say that on your sig??? :laugh2:

LOL Yes.

CowboysKB24
03-31-2010, 10:27 PM
You have to put good odds on this happening this year. The west has some good teams especially Dallas and Denver but the Lakers should still reach the Finals with relative ease. As for the Cavs I believe with Shaq/Ilgauskus center combination that should be enough to keep Howard busy enough on the defensive end and not be so dominant offensively. And if your comparing the rest of the teams Lebron, Jamison, M. Williams, and Parker should be able to handle their business with Nelson, Carter, Lewis, and Pietrus.

Just think the top seeds hold up but still see a Lakers repeat before I see Lebron getting the ring. I think Artest gets in his head like Rodman used to do to Karl Malone and gets him out of his comfort zone.

So prediction Lakers over Cavs in 6 games.

Ease... I don't know about all that. Mavs are going to give the Lakers are run for their money. If they end up facing each other I think it'll go 7 games. LA should be able to handle Denver in 6 games like last year. Remember the Houston Rockets without Yao and McGrady took the Lakers to 7 games last post season. It shows how much different the playoffs are from the regular season.

MacFitz92
03-31-2010, 11:10 PM

Antawn's Defense isn't something to brag about.

MacFitz92
03-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Personally, I think the only four teams that have a legitimate chance at a Finals appearance is Cleveland, Orlando, L.A., and Dallas. Miluake, IMO, has a pretty good shot. They've looked pretty damn good recently.

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Personally, I think the only four teams that have a legitimate chance at a Finals appearance is Cleveland, Orlando, L.A., and Dallas. Miluake, IMO, has a pretty good shot. They've looked pretty damn good recently.

REALLY????.... Theyre playin good now but wait til the playoffs come... first round exit

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:29 AM
The lakers dont seem as hungry as last year and by the way their playing right now, i think dallas can take em

CowboysKB24
04-01-2010, 12:30 AM

What does that suppose to mean? Your defending the Cavs when Magic whooped the Cavs last year in the playoffs. The series really wasn't that close. Celtics went to two 7 game series before beating Detriot and LA. A win is a win, anyone who is knowledgeable about sports knows that. LA went to 7 games with the HOU Rockets without Yao and McGrady last year.

Your defending the Cavs after they underachieved last year and didn't make it the finals. Are you a Cavs fan or just a fan of the NBA then you would know that. If you are hiding your favorite team then I smelling a closet Cavs fan. It is a shame you have to try to hide your favorite team in attempt to get others to take you seriously. Get a life.

BlinkManJan02
04-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Come on Orlando baby.

willthethrill22
04-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Thunder vs. Bucks, that would be so nuts

King Drew
04-01-2010, 12:33 AM
The Cavs will make it but idk bout the Lakers. Maybe the Mavs or Nuggets

AirCanada15ORL
04-01-2010, 12:35 AM
I think the Lakers are hungry. They just dont care about regular season it seems like lately..
And for predictions, I hate them, whatever happens happens and I hope the Magic get to the finals again.
Only thing that sucks is this year, they match up better with the Lakers, but match up worse with the Cavs. If they could get passed the Cavs or whomever in the East, they can actually run with the Lakers (or whoever comes out of the West), which they really had about no chance at last year. The problem is getting there.

I just hope my boy brings some Vinsanity

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Thunder vs. Bucks, that would be so nuts

I would stop watching basketball if that happend

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:45 AM
I think the Lakers are hungry. They just dont care about regular season it seems like lately..
And for predictions, I hate them, whatever happens happens and I hope the Magic get to the finals again.
Only thing that sucks is this year, they match up better with the Lakers, but match up worse with the Cavs. If they could get passed the Cavs or whomever in the East, they can actually run with the Lakers (or whoever comes out of the West), which they really had about no chance at last year. The problem is getting there.

I just hope my boy brings some Vinsanity

The lakers are not as hungry as the Cavs, Magic, Mavs, or Nuggets IMO

Avenged
04-01-2010, 12:48 AM

I agree and disagree. The Lakers are hungry but they're just in a slump right now. But I can't really argue that they're not as hungry as the teams you stated. Not always the hungriest team wins though.

Stuckey#3
04-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Western Conference Finals... "Dirk's Revenge!" Mavs beat LA in Five! At this point (Even though I am a big Kobe fan) I pick the MAvs to face the Magic. Who wins? I have no idea.

DevonMSF
04-01-2010, 10:31 AM

Hell yeah! You can see urgency in the play of each one of those teams. Sometimes, I don't see that in LA.

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 01:28 PM
I agree and disagree. The Lakers are hungry but they're just in a slump right now. But I can't really argue that they're not as hungry as the teams you stated. Not always the hungriest team wins though.

Your 100% right

DCB/LAL
04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Hell yeah! You can see urgency in the play of each one of those teams. Sometimes, I don't see that in LA.

Its the regular season people......like I said teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Magic are teams that ARE able to coast when the playoffs come they will kick it up a notch because they have that other gear the Cavs do not. The Cavs have shown us their best hand already and their bluffing.

FairWeatherFan?
04-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Its the regular season people......like I said teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Magic are teams that ARE able to coast when the playoffs come they will kick it up a notch because they have that other gear the Cavs do not. The Cavs have shown us their best hand already and their bluffing.

Because Lebron hasn't willed his team to beat superior opponents before.

2006 -- defeated Washington, 4-2, first round
lost to Detroit, 4-3, second round

2007 -- defeated Washington, 4-0, first round
defeated New Jersey, 4-2, conference semifinals
defeated Detroit, 4-2, conference finals
lost to San Antonio, 4-0, NBA Finals

Look at the rosters durring those series and tell me the cavs would be able to hang , let alone beat those teams.

Lebron doesn't believe in gears, he is perpetual motion in the human form.

kobebabe
04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
1) Dwight
2)VC

THATS IT
CLE's bench is better:
Varejao
West
Hickson
Gibson
Powe
Moon
Ilgauskas

...ORL...please

I lke the way you have totally disregarded Lewis. FYI, he will be your assasin come playoff time. May be at that point u will rember he exists!

ldc62
04-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Atlanta and Mavs.

TheKing23
04-01-2010, 04:45 PM
I lke the way you have totally disregarded Lewis. FYI, he will be your assasin come playoff time. May be at that point u will rember he exists!

Rashard is just a poor man's Jamison.

DevonMSF
04-01-2010, 05:17 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Lewis starts at SF, and I think our SF has a better advantage over yours. And if he starts PF, Jamison has a wider arsenal than Lewis.

Raph12
04-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Rashard is just a poor man's Jamison.

No he's not, Shard's a much better shooter, while Jamison is a better slasher, both are equally good in the post. They have different qualities they excell at, but for the Magic, Shard's a better fit.

TheGsw
04-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Lakers are too talented to not be in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cmon now!

DevonMSF
04-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Mavs are getting spanked by ORL

TheKing23
04-01-2010, 10:35 PM
No he's not, Shard's a much better shooter, while Jamison is a better slasher, both are equally good in the post. They have different qualities they excell at, but for the Magic, Shard's a better fit.

Shard is a better shooter, Jamison is better at everything else.

NetsPaint
04-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Thunder vs. Bobcats

Raph12
04-01-2010, 11:14 PM

They're equal in the post and on defense IMO, Jamison's a better rebounder and slasher, but the difference between their shooting ability fills the gap. Plus it's not like Orlando needs another rebounder or great defender on the team with Dwight in the middle.

Shard fits Orlando better, plus he's about 4 years younger so he'll likely maintain his level of play for longer.

*Superman*
04-01-2010, 11:14 PM

Shard more clutch then Jaminson.

Jahari Kavi
04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
The Cavs and Magic are the best teams in the league imo.....Dallas and Denver still appear to be a little inconsistent....Boston is old, along with San Antonio....and I think the Lakers lack depth........

Kashmir13579
04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I prefer Kobe/Barnes over Kobe/Lebron. :p

HAHAHAHAHA:facepalm:

TheKing23
04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
They're equal in the post and on defense IMO, Jamison's a better rebounder and slasher, but the difference between their shooting ability fills the gap. Plus it's not like Orlando needs another rebounder or great defender on the team with Dwight in the middle.

Shard fits Orlando better, plus he's about 4 years younger so he'll likely maintain his level of play for longer.

He's also got probably the most overpaid contract in the league. You also underestimate Jamison's shot, the gap between them in that respect is pretty big, but not as big as the combined gap of rebounding, slashing, inside scoring and just scoring in general.

As you said though Shard is a great fit next to Dwight. Jamison is a great fit in Cleveland, we'll leave it at that

Raph12
04-02-2010, 12:01 AM
He's also got probably the most overpaid contract in the league. You also underestimate Jamison's shot, the gap between them in that respect is pretty big, but not as big as the combined gap of rebounding, slashing, inside scoring and just scoring in general.

As you said though Shard is a great fit next to Dwight. Jamison is a great fit in Cleveland, we'll leave it at that

No doubt he's the most overpaid, that's for sure, no arguements on my side. Jamison is the better overall player, I'm not doubting that, but Shard is what the Magic need, a dead-on sharpshooter with ice in his veins, willing and wanting to have the ball in his hands for any shot.

We'll both agree that they're good where they are.

ragee
04-02-2010, 01:57 AM
No doubt he's the most overpaid, that's for sure, no arguements on my side. Jamison is the better overall player, I'm not doubting that, but Shard is what the Magic need, a dead-on sharpshooter with ice in his veins, willing and wanting to have the ball in his hands for any shot.

We'll both agree that they're good where they are.

Nah... I think it's Hedo now! At least Shard is doing something for the team!

DCB/LAL
04-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Because Lebron hasn't willed his team to beat superior opponents before.

2006 -- defeated Washington, 4-2, first round
lost to Detroit, 4-3, second round

2007 -- defeated Washington, 4-0, first round
defeated New Jersey, 4-2, conference semifinals
defeated Detroit, 4-2, conference finals
lost to San Antonio, 4-0, NBA Finals

Look at the rosters durring those series and tell me the cavs would be able to hang , let alone beat those teams.

Lebron doesn't believe in gears, he is perpetual motion in the human form.

Yes he has and he has always come to play in every series too bad for him his teammates do not. They cant hang when the other teams apply more pressure, play more physical etc..... just put when the intensity goes up they have no answer because their intensity has been at its peak the whole year unlike the other teams I mentioned.

Hawkeye15
04-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Nah... I think it's Hedo now! At least Shard is doing something for the team!

currently, correct. In about 2 years, Lewis is the most overpayed player in the NBA