PDA

View Full Version : These are some refs...

deuces
03-30-2010, 10:05 PM
What was a game in which your team pretty much had it in the bag, but the refs brought the other team back and let them win it

when they gave all the superstar calls

didn't call anything for your team

missed a lot of calls

and pretty much f'd over your team

This happened to the raps last friday against denver where we were up by 10 and had the momentum, but the refs implemented the rule that you can not guard the offensive player setting up a great game winning shot by melo

iFYouSeekAmy
03-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Warriors vs Nuggets in their first game this season.
Warriors up 124 - 123, and J.R Smith had the ball with 2 seconds left.
JR Smith shoots the half-court, guarded by Ellis and Maggette.
No contact whatsoever, just a simple close-out/blocking the shot (all ball).
Refs called it a foul.Smith shoots his freethrows, wins the game.

---

Also, before that, Maggette rebounded the shot while falling down. He called a timeout, and so did everyone including the coach called timeout IN FRONT OF THE REF'S FACE.
There was no time out called, but instead, the refs called a jump ball.

I swear to god the NBA is as fixed as the White Sox scandal back in the 1920s.

Raph12
03-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Dude if you watch Magic games (in Orlando), you'd know that our fans cheer "refs you suck!" more than anything else.

iFYouSeekAmy
03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
You hear that from Warrior home games too.

Even on National Television where it's loud and clear.

billy17
03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Brandon Jennings drags his foot across the key, Bucks hit a number of fluke threes, Ersan ruins Tyrekes face, bucks top Kings..

iggypop123
03-30-2010, 11:17 PM
even if it was a slight lead the lakers held, game 4 of last yrs finals in the 4th quarter. 18-0 ft advantage and the magic didnt even get called for a team foul until less than 4 min in a quarter. lol refs still failed!

Public Enemy #1
03-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Warriors deal with horrible officiating every night... They've had to deal with it for years now. Derek Fisher, that little ****er he is cost the Warriors a game 2 years ago when the Warriors were holding the 8th and final playoff spot with like 5 games to go. Fisher pulls down Ellis and somehow Ellis fouled Fisher even though Fisher clearly pulled Ellis down. Cost the Warriors a game. This year, as stated about Smith got the most bs call ever. I'm sure they happen all the time, but it seems to happen around the Warriors a lot.

TheDetroitBlue
03-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Lebron getting a bogus continuation call, not getting called for goaltending

GoatMilk
03-30-2010, 11:43 PM
every team gets bad calls against them all the time

it's amazing though how lebron only averages 2 fouls per game.
dude runs over people

iFYouSeekAmy
03-30-2010, 11:48 PM
I guess it doesn't hurt to take acting lessons before entering the NBA.

I'd be amazed what I'll accomplish.

davids22
03-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Brandon Jennings drags his foot across the key, Bucks hit a number of fluke threes, Ersan ruins Tyrekes face, bucks top Kings..

Lol. I'll give you the Jennings foot drag, but how can "fluke threes" be affected by the refs? The shots went in didn't they? Refs can't make that happen.

Meth
03-31-2010, 12:32 AM
I speak the truth!

Before the game starts, I walk up the court naked.
The refs lost their attention/focus ever since.

iFYouSeekAmy
03-31-2010, 12:33 AM
I speak the truth!

Before the game starts, I walk up the court naked.
The refs lost their attention/focus ever since.

I'm not sure why, but this made me laugh really hard..

asandhu23
03-31-2010, 12:58 AM
2002 Western Conference Finals

1985 NBA Draft.

NBA's biggest rivalry reborn when US Economy was hurting NBA. Pau Gasol trade to Lakers to fill the one side of the rivalry and Ray Allen ending up on Celtics when Sonics were breaking apart and KG got rescued for the other side. Interestingly Grizzlies GM the year before was Jerry West, HOF Laker and Minnesota coach was Kevin McHale HOF Celtic.

LeBron ending up in Cleveland, Ohio.

Kobe getting traded from Hornets to Lakers. Shaq ending up on Lakers from Magic.

Also its funny how the two of the three refs who actually rigged 2002 WCFs are still employed. Tim Donaghy was turned into a scapegoat.

LeBron's crabdribble being allowed in NBA.

examples of NBA being rigged

davids22
03-31-2010, 01:01 AM
LeBron ending up in Cleveland, Ohio.

How does that make the NBA rigged? If anything, they would have wanted him in a bigger market to generate more revenue initially.

asandhu23
03-31-2010, 01:03 AM
How does that make the NBA rigged? If anything, they would have wanted him in a bigger market to generate more revenue initially.

Well they used him to make that team profitable. Before him, the team was costing NBA money.

chitownbears89
03-31-2010, 01:12 AM

Cleveland lost games on purpose. But i dont think that is actually rigged. Just helping their chances.

_KB24_
03-31-2010, 02:25 AM
Last years ECF. One of the worst officiated series I have ever seen.

basketfan4life
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
i'm not a lakers fan,but 2008 finals game 2 was really emberassiing for the nba,in game 2,leon powe took more ft than all lakers team ,pierce was fouling on kobe every fg attemp in an obvious way and there were no calls, it kind of felt they new that that might be the only shot at c'ship the aging celtics had and the lakers have a lot of chances in coming years.

also last years ecf was real joke,it felt like they were trying anything possible to make it Kobe-LeBron finals, dwight blocked lebron's desperation 3 from behind and got called,varejao hammered down howard on a last second inbound play and no call,just to remind a few.

sep11ie
03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Anytime the Rockets are in the play-offs