PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer intrigued by possibility of joining Knicks

JordansBulls
03-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Link (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/boozer_intrigued_by_possibility_URPzYYgZj0KxHtmrZs mYuM)

"I love D'Antoni, he's the dope," Boozer said of New York's coach. "Spending time with him in the Olympics, his offensive mindset is unbelievable. He's got the best plays I've ever been around -- on a whim. It's like rappers when they come out on the top of the dome with quotes. He's got plays in the back of his head with plays for that moment."

Boozer called the Knicks "an incredible organization" and feels D'Antoni's horrible record in New York does not taint his genius.
"I think he's a great offensive-minded coach," Boozer said. "He has made the most [of what] he's had to use. I've spent time with him that's the reason why I think that. As the seasons go along, he'll have more options to do different things with. Remember he came from Phoenix where he had All-Stars at two, three different positions."

sargon21
03-30-2010, 07:29 PM
boozer's a *****, if i was a jazz fan, i'd be pissed about this

jimbobjarree
03-30-2010, 07:32 PM
he said he respects D'Antoni as a coach, and said the Knicks are a great organisation. Both of which are fair play.

The title of the article is twisted

drama queen JB conveniantly left this part of the article out

Even though Boozer got snubbed from the All-Star Game, the chances of the former Duke NCAA champion re-signing with the Jazz is stronger than when the season started. Utah is a Western Conference force again, with a 48-26 record, in fourth place, ready to make the playoffs for the 24th time in 27 years. That is an astounding stretch considering the Knicks, after being mathematically eliminated Sunday night, having missed postseason eight of the last nine years.

The Jazz have the younger Paul Millsap for the long term at that position. But Utah cleared out a long-term pact in Ronnie Brewer in an attempt have the financial wherewithal to re-sign Boozer, who was averaging 19.4 points and 11.1 rebounds.

For his part, Boozer declined to get into specifics about free-agency days after Stoudemire revealed he has a "50-50" chance of re-signing with Phoenix.

"All the free-agency stuff, we'll take care of in the summer," Boozer said. "The more you talk about it, the more distraction it becomes. And right now we don't need distractions. We want to get ourselves in position to have the most chance to win a championship. If you want to talk to me when the season's over, I'll let you know where I'm at."

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2010, 07:39 PM
"I love D'Antoni, he's the dope," Boozer said of New York's coach. "Spending time with him in the Olympics, his offensive mindset is unbelievable. He's got the best plays I've ever been around -- on a whim. It's like rappers when they come out on the top of the dome with quotes. He's got plays in the back of his head with plays for that moment."

too bad his defensive mindset is unavailable

SA5195
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
"I love D'Antoni, he's the dope," Boozer said

That made me laugh lol

Nighthawk
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
who wouldnt be intrigued with the Knicks. Who ever they sign is getting BIIIIG money. Lets say they get Boozer and Joe Johnson. I think their a strong seed next season.

dtmagnet
03-30-2010, 07:56 PM
The thread title doesn't match the content in the article.

IversonIsKrazy
03-30-2010, 07:57 PM
hes THE dope??

Slimsim
03-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Listen These guys don't like Mike D as a coach they like him as a person. So stop with all these threads about all stars wanting to become a Knick.

Nighthawk
03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
hes THE dope??

lol...The dope = :facepalm:

GoatMilk
03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Booz is winking at every team with cap space right now

Jersey, NY, Chicago, Miami

Nighthawk
03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Listen These guys don't like Mike D as a coach they like him as a person. So stop with all these threads about all stars wanting to become a Knick.

I think they like his offense. Its pretty much more or less street ball. Run and gun and shoot and get back and definitely play no defense

lvlheaded
03-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I would take Boozer and LeBron in the offseason :D

Yes im aware that wont happen, but I can dream

PC
03-30-2010, 08:23 PM
IMO, Lee>Boozer considering the contracts they'll likely get, and I'm not the biggest Lee fan

Sixerlover
03-30-2010, 08:25 PM
The article is a little different than the title of this thread.

td0tsfinest
03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
In my "My Player Mode" in NBA 2k10, Boozer actually signed with the Knicks. They got a pretty good team, Boozer, Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler, T-Mac and Me :D.

drobe86
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
i'm not sure why he would be excited about joining the lowly Knicks. That team is mired in mediocrity and will be for the forseeable future...

JordansBulls
03-31-2010, 12:26 AM
IMO, Lee>Boozer considering the contracts they'll likely get, and I'm not the biggest Lee fan

Maybe so.

mr_relevant
03-31-2010, 02:25 AM
If Boozer plays like the Boozer that went to the WCF with the Jazz, then he's going to be a great fit for the Knicks.

DitchDat
03-31-2010, 04:30 AM
Boozer needs to keep his mouth shut, money-chasing whore.

LeBroom
03-31-2010, 05:03 AM
i'm not sure why he would be excited about joining the lowly Knicks. That team is mired in mediocrity and will be for the forseeable future...

Wow,.. this coming from a guy who's team just got bamboozled by the Knicks.

Dude, I'm a Mavs fan myself, but now more of a Knicks fan; but that's just sad... I never wish ill-fate to other teams like that. But if for some reason (God forbid), the Mavs suddenly suck in 2 years, what would you feel? It's not easy man, and saying that the Knicks will swim in mediocrity for the foreseeable future is just hate. We have the cap space to sign 2 MAX, we have Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, we have Mike D'antoni, a Smart GM. And we'll be mediocre for the foreseeable future?

Well whatever. I wasted my time arguing with a hater., I'm sure you'll come up with some random defense anyway.

ragee
03-31-2010, 05:25 AM
He'd be perfect for D'Antoni... He doesn't play D...

NPH
03-31-2010, 05:45 AM
Samantha

JordansBulls
03-31-2010, 07:54 AM

:speechless:

avrpatsfan
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
he said he respects D'Antoni as a coach, and said the Knicks are a great organisation. Both of which are fair play.

The title of the article is twisted

drama queen JB conveniantly left this part of the article out

This.

Miltown34
03-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Wow,.. this coming from a guy who's team just got bamboozled by the Knicks.

Dude, I'm a Mavs fan myself, but now more of a Knicks fan; but that's just sad... I never wish ill-fate to other teams like that. But if for some reason (God forbid), the Mavs suddenly suck in 2 years, what would you feel? It's not easy man, and saying that the Knicks will swim in mediocrity for the foreseeable future is just hate. We have the cap space to sign 2 MAX, we have Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, we have Mike D'antoni, a Smart GM. And we'll be mediocre for the foreseeable future?

Well whatever. I wasted my time arguing with a hater., I'm sure you'll come up with some random defense anyway.

That doesn't make since, every good team lost a bad team, so when people make these statements it's not smart. Boozer cares about the money way more than winning. Joe Johnson and Boozer that might get you 42-43 wins

Kaptain Kanada
03-31-2010, 09:19 AM

Read between the lines here, Boozer is excited about playing on any team that will pay him top dollar.

The ChILL
03-31-2010, 09:27 AM
read between the lines here, boozer is excited about playing on any team that will pay him top dollar.

bingo!

Lo Porto
03-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Boozer would fit great in NY until his first injury. Seriously though, the Knicks and Boozer would be a great fit. If the Knicks miss out on LeBron and Wade, Joe Johnson and Boozer would be great pieces to put next to Gallo and Lee.

I'm a Jazz fan and I see the value of Boozer, but I also understand that the Jazz shouldn't give Boozer max dollars because he's still just not a fan favorite despite the strong season he's having and Utah doesn't want to be a luxury team. For Miami, NY or NJ, he's definitely worth the max contract because they can afford it and he's worth it.

nycsports2
03-31-2010, 09:42 AM
too bad his defensive mindset is unavailable

this, and im not intruiged by carlos boozer

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 09:52 AM

Talk about hitting th nail on the head! ha ah

b_russ
03-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Boozer jersey sales in Utah, 50% off. No joke. They have been all season. Hmmm...

ldc62
03-31-2010, 10:48 AM
D'antoni is a dope for sure, I dunno about "the dope". Just what PSD needs, another all-star player who wants to go to the Knicks thread.