PDA

View Full Version : Can the Cavs make it past the Bobcats, Celtics, and Magic?

basketfan4life
03-30-2010, 04:39 PM
That lakers thread inspired me to this.what do you guys think can the cavs make their way to the finals if they play against these teams?

bobcats matched up perfect with cavaliers in the regular season

boston is the team in the east trough 6-3 seeds,i don't wanna matchup with.they are so experinced and their big 3 will play a lot better in the playofss.

and orlando,you know about them,right? if lebron doesn't go crazy like last year,they are still the better team.

what do you think?

AccUrSeD
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
someone fix the thread title

Raph12
03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
The Magic will be their true testament of how good they really are, btw the way things are going, they play TO in the first round.

ManRam
03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Of course they can...will they? No one knows for certain. I hope they don't, but they are the favorites either by themselves, or at least with Orlando, so it certainly wouldn't be shocking at all.

basketfan4life
03-30-2010, 04:45 PM
The Magic will be their true testament of how good they really are, btw the way things are going, they play TO in the first round.
yeah,i know it looks like raptors or bulls in the first round,but assume it the way i wrote it.

TheKing23
03-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Of course the Magic will be the biggest stumbling block. I wouldn't consider it an upset if the Magic were to beat the Cavs, although the Cavs are probably the favorites to win it all.

MagicDojo
03-30-2010, 04:53 PM

Or I guess how not good they are if they lose to the Magic again...

Will anyone say the Magic are better if they beat the Cavs again..prolly not. It is up to the Cavs to tie it up with the Magic 1-1.

Avenged
03-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I think the Cavs can. Like most people are saying, Orlando will be the toughest to beat. I do see Orlando beating the Cavs again this year but when you're going up against Lebron James you just never know.

jackdawson
03-30-2010, 05:05 PM

Will anyone say the Magic are better if they beat the Cavs again..prolly not. It is up to the Cavs to tie it up with the Magic 1-1.

lol...self-defense before losing?

RaiderLakersA's
03-30-2010, 07:01 PM
If the Cavs and Magic meet, I think the Magic win. But the Cavs should get by the Celts and Bobcats in lengthy series.

finyankhawkfan
03-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that the Cavs have to go through the 8th (Toronto) then the Hawks/Bucks winner? While the Hawks have not yet taken any games from the King and his buddies, they are playing tough ball and always seem to give the Cavs a run for their money.

GodsSon
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Suppose the Cavs face Toronto in the first round, I don't think the series would be as easy as many of you probably think...We beat them the first meeting in the season, the second meeting we lost by 7 even though we were tied with them in the late stages of the 4th...and the last meeting went into OT without Bosh

Derick713
03-30-2010, 07:36 PM
The Cavs will have an easy 1st Round match-up with either the Raptors or Bulls.

The Lakers will either have to play a healthy Spurs Team or a Young Blazers Team in the 1st Round. The Rose Garden has never been kind to the Lakers. The Spurs might be a different animal with Parker back in the mix. The Nuggets will have George Karl and Kenyon Martin back when the playoffs start. The Nuggets will fall in the standings which would force the Lakers to play them in the 2nd Round. The Jazz and Mavericks have health and stability which should make them the 2 and 3 seeds. If the Nuggets get it together in the 1st round the Lakers may not want to face that team in the 2nd Round. If the Lakers get past the Nuggets

The Nuggets, Blazers, and Spurs will all be lower seeds because of injuries and yet they may get healthy towards the end which might be to the Lakers disadvantage.

Slimsim
03-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Orlando Will lose in the second round due to a D12 and Vince carter injury.

richardj
03-30-2010, 07:42 PM
suppose the cavs face toronto in the first round, i don't think the series would be as easy as many of you probably think...we beat them the first meeting in the season, the second meeting we lost by 7 even though we were tied with them in the late stages of the 4th...and the last meeting went into ot without bosh

+1

PC
03-30-2010, 07:43 PM
If the Cavs don't make the finals, it'll be the Magic that knocked them out

I can't see them losing to the Celtics or any other team in the East

evadatam5150
03-30-2010, 08:02 PM
The Cavs will have an easy 1st Round match-up with either the Raptors or Bulls.

The Lakers will either have to play a healthy Spurs Team or a Young Blazers Team in the 1st Round. The Rose Garden has never been kind to the Lakers. The Spurs might be a different animal with Parker back in the mix. The Nuggets will have George Karl and Kenyon Martin back when the playoffs start. The Nuggets will fall in the standings which would force the Lakers to play them in the 2nd Round. The Jazz and Mavericks have health and stability which should make them the 2 and 3 seeds. If the Nuggets get it together in the 1st round the Lakers may not want to face that team in the 2nd Round. If the Lakers get past the Nuggets

The Nuggets, Blazers, and Spurs will all be lower seeds because of injuries and yet they may get healthy towards the end which might be to the Lakers disadvantage.

It's still very hard for me to believe that the Cavs have the best record with that lineup.. Just wow, either Bron is that good or the rest of the East is that bad.. Either way who's going to stop them in the East, looks like another stroll in the park for them until the Conference Finals..

Lakers on the other hand haven't looked like world beaters and well if they do have to go to the Rose Garden then all I can say is God help them, the Lakers don't play great up there and they certainly have issues with younger more athletic teams.. Portland anyone..?? I don't worry about the Spurs so much but at this point with the Lakers upredictable and uninspiring play they are ripe for a fall..

iggypop123
03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
It's still very hard for me to believe that the Cavs have the best record with that lineup.. Just wow, either Bron is that good or the rest of the East is that bad.. Either way who's going to stop them in the East, looks like another stroll in the park for them until the Conference Finals..

Lakers on the other hand haven't looked like world beaters and well if they do have to go to the Rose Garden then all I can say is God help them, the Lakers don't play great up there and they certainly have issues with younger more athletic teams.. Portland anyone..?? I don't worry about the Spurs so much but at this point with the Lakers upredictable and uninspiring play they are ripe for a fall..

the east is that bad. just compare the lakers strength of schedule to the cavs.

iluvsports2much
03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Orlando Will lose in the second round due to a D12 and Vince carter injury.

wow he can tell the future...

so whos gonna win the championship

zipsbgsu
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
It's still very hard for me to believe that the Cavs have the best record with that lineup.. Just wow, either Bron is that good or the rest of the East is that bad..

I just love how fans of western teams think that Cleveland has the best record due to playing in the East. The Cavs are 23-7 against the west...That is the best record against the opposite conference. The Lakers and Dallas have a chance to tie that mark against the East with their 22-7 records.

Fireworld
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Once the PLayoffs start, any team can beat any team. The odds are lower with the 1-8 seed. So yes, they can beat them.

ragee
03-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Although the Magic got a lot stronger this year, I got to be honest, I am a lot more scared to face the Cavs this year than last year...

td0tsfinest
03-30-2010, 08:33 PM
The Cavs are a scary team. They are no doubt the team to beat but it won't be an easy path to the finals.

dodie53
03-30-2010, 09:03 PM
cavs and lakers in the finals
;)

Kakaroach
03-30-2010, 09:05 PM
They can make it past all of those teams. As long as it just doesn't turn into the LeBron James show and they make him do everything they should get to the finals.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 09:06 PM
I honestly don't think the Cavs will run into a series until they meet Orlando. The Bobcats match up fine, but are playoff virgins, and will be a 5 game series. Boston doesn't have the athletic ability anymore to stop LeBron from murdering them. Orlando may give them a series.

Chacarron
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
I guess the Lebrons COULD make it past them IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO.

DCB/LAL
03-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Probably not

CowboysKB24
03-30-2010, 10:40 PM

Tie it up with the Magic 1-1? LOL, like tying the "series" up even matters. What matters is what happens after that series.

CowboysKB24
03-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Magic and Cavs are the two best teams in the East. This thread is really "Can the Cavs make it to the Finals?". Yes they can, but will they? We will find out, playoffs are almost here.

CowboysKB24
03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
I honestly don't think the Cavs will run into a series until they meet Orlando. The Bobcats match up fine, but are playoff virgins, and will be a 5 game series. Boston doesn't have the athletic ability anymore to stop LeBron from murdering them. Orlando may give them a series.

Trust me, the Cavs will run into a series all playoff long. They are really good, but they aren't going to dominate all playoff long. They may have one easy series. Look at history. No one is going to have an easy road to the finals.

iFYouSeekAmy
03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Honestly, I believe Cleveland won't make it past the first round.
I just think they are too cocky right now, and the Bobcats (maybe they'll face Cleveland) are focused to win. Bobcats play flawless basketball against the Cavaliers, and they are, my odds-on-favorites to win.
My opinion.

/preparedtobebashed

NYK_kidd77
03-30-2010, 10:52 PM
I hope they dont win but honestly i dont see anyone beating them.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Trust me, the Cavs will run into a series all playoff long. They are really good, but they aren't going to dominate all playoff long. They may have one easy series. Look at history. No one is going to have an easy road to the finals.

good point even though I don't think Boston would give them a ton of trouble. But the playoffs are not the regular season.

*Superman*
03-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Magic/ Cavs should be one hell of a match up. **** I can't wait!

_KB24_
03-30-2010, 11:32 PM
This year's playoffs are going to be one heck of a show in both conferences. Bobcats shouldn't be taken lightly just because they've never made the playoffs. We all know what happened when we under estimated the Hawks 2 years ago. But Cleveland should get by them in 6.

I see Boston and Orlando giving them troubles. I expect the Boston series to go a full 7 and the Cavs squeaking out. But I have them losing to Orlando once again in 6 games.

*Superman*
03-30-2010, 11:43 PM
This year's playoffs are going to be one heck of a show in both conferences. Bobcats shouldn't be taken lightly just because they've never made the playoffs. We all know what happened when we under estimated the Hawks 2 years ago. But Cleveland should get by them in 6.

I see Boston and Orlando giving them troubles. I expect the Boston series to go a full 7 and the Cavs squeaking out. But I have them losing to Orlando once again in 6 games.

Screw you(your sig) even though you are a brown brother!

mrblisterdundee
03-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Charlotte would most likely be the second most difficult series. Gerald Wallace and Tyrus Thomas defend LeBron James very well. They most likely defend Antawn Jamison fairly well. There's nobody on the Cavaliers' back court that can stop Stephen Jackson from getting his shot off. Raymond Felton and D.J. Augustin are a formidable line-up of point guards. If Tyson Chandler is injured, I'd say Cleveland would have an easy time muscling into the paint. If he isn't, than Cleveland's in trouble.
Boston is falling apart. The old three will not stop the Cavaliers. Rajon Rondo would have some huge games.
Orlando is the hardest challenge. Vince Carter is going to turn it up, with another legitimate shot at a title on the line. Jameer Nelson is the best point guard on the court. Jamison and Rashard Lewis cancel each other out behind the arc. Dwight Howard just needs to stay out of foul trouble.

_KB24_
03-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Screw you(your sig) even though you are a brown brother!

haha, Don't worry Dwight is my second favorite player in the league. I would trade anyone not named Kobe on the Lakers for him in a heartbeat! Or he can just follow the steps of Shaq and come here later on:pray::pray::pray:

CAVS21
03-31-2010, 01:08 AM

I don't understand why people don't give the Magic enough credit....they are the team the Cavs really want to get in the playoffs. I'll say even as a Cavs fan that until we take care of them in a 7 gamer that our regular season numbers mean NOTHING....I wish our playoff run went Bobcats-Celts-Magic-Lakers so people shut their mouths

iggypop123
03-31-2010, 01:16 AM
I don't understand why people don't give the Magic enough credit....they are the team the Cavs really want to get in the playoffs. I'll say even as a Cavs fan that until we take care of them in a 7 gamer that our regular season numbers mean NOTHING....I wish our playoff run went Bobcats-Celts-Magic-Lakers so people shut their mouths

you dont want that path, its too tough and you wont get it. youll get to rape a pathetic team like the raptors or the bulls, then see if the second round presents a challenge.

jmtapia
03-31-2010, 01:18 AM
Cavs are a legit Title contender so yeah they could handle those teams.

mr_relevant
03-31-2010, 02:24 AM
I think they'll waltz through the first two rounds, but the Magic has enough to knock them out.

CAVS21
03-31-2010, 03:59 AM
you dont want that path, its too tough and you wont get it. youll get to rape a pathetic team like the raptors or the bulls, then see if the second round presents a challenge.

I want that becasue in a perfect world itd shut up all the haters(especially the ones who dwell in LA) haha but obviously theyd find something to hate on still....and btw I really don't think the C's are a challenge...too old and fragile

J-Relo
03-31-2010, 04:28 AM
Suppose the Cavs face Toronto in the first round, I don't think the series would be as easy as many of you probably think...We beat them the first meeting in the season, the second meeting we lost by 7 even though we were tied with them in the late stages of the 4th...and the last meeting went into OT without Bosh

well keep dreaming... you barely might be in the playoffs to start with...

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM

People also forget the Cavs played only 8 playoff games and were rested when they met the Magic last year who had to play 13 before the Cavs. This year I think if the Cavs get to the ECF it will take them more than 8 games for sure.

G-Funk
03-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Magic dominated the Cavs last year without their PG All-star

BOSTON617
03-31-2010, 10:54 AM
no lol

J-Relo
03-31-2010, 11:04 AM
People also forget the Cavs played only 8 playoff games and were rested when they met the Magic last year who had to play 13 before the Cavs. This year I think if the Cavs get to the ECF it will take them more than 8 games for sure.

did that really help?

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
did that really help?

Exactly my point...
the more games Shaq has to play the less their odds of doing well and being injury free. and they will not waltz to the ECF like last year.

tjlipford
03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Last year was last year. The Bobcats will give us a good series but I really want to play Boston in the second round. I dont care what anybody says they are done. We will smash them in the playoffs mark my words.

Orlando will give us problems when we face them for sure. I cant really call that series, I have to see it for myself. Boston on the other hand I know we would beat them. I cant understand why people keep saying Boston will play so much better in the playoffs. Do yall see KG he struggles to get up the floor?

I have been saying this they are too old. Its over for them. We have a better team than we had last year, we acquired Jamison and we have good shooters and LB is going to punish Boston. Its over for them I dont care what anybody says.

tjlipford
03-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Exactly my point...
the more games Shaq has to play the less their odds of doing well and being injury free. and they will not waltz to the ECF like last year.
Honestly, we only need Shaq against Orlando and LA. Everybody else we can beat without Shaq.

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Last year was last year. The Bobcats will give us a good series but I really want to play Boston in the second round. I dont care what anybody says they are done. We will smash them in the playoffs mark my words.

Orlando will give us problems when we face them for sure. I cant really call that series, I have to see it for myself. Boston on the other hand I know we would beat them. I cant understand why people keep saying Boston will play so much better in the playoffs. Do yall see KG he struggles to get up the floor?

I have been saying this they are too old. Its over for them. We have a better team than we had last year, we acquired Jamison and we have good shooters and LB is going to punish Boston. Its over for them I dont care what anybody says.

I would like to see Boston/Cavs too...and I think I would have to agree on the Outcome. But dont underestimate Bostons Defense.

basketfan4life
03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
i think if cavs plays trough bobcats,celtics and magic,they can't see the finals,and lebron gets the hell out of there.

JordansBulls
03-31-2010, 12:00 PM
That lakers thread inspired me to this.what do you guys think can the cavs make their way to the finals if they play against these teams?

bobcats matched up perfect with cavaliers in the regular season

boston is the team in the east trough 6-3 seeds,i don't wanna matchup with.they are so experinced and their big 3 will play a lot better in the playofss.

and orlando,you know about them,right? if lebron doesn't go crazy like last year,they are still the better team.

what do you think?

Cavs will have the best record in the league again this year. They have no excuse to not beat anyone including the Lakers especially since they beat them both times this year and this before Jamison came. Now they add Jamison essentially for free.