PDA

View Full Version : Cole Aldrich

BoognishMN
03-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Unsurprisingly Cole Aldrich declared for the NBA draft. Does anyone actually think this guy has the tools to succeed in the NBA? I think he can contribute, but I wouldn’t take him with a lottery pick. Just another Eric Montrose.

ballpd05
03-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Best case scenario Joel Pryzbilla... Worst is Sean Marks

mr_relevant
03-31-2010, 02:31 AM
I think he'll be a Joel Anthony

arkanian215
03-31-2010, 05:58 AM
I'll say he'll be better than both. He has legitimate post moves and a large body and length. He has decent athleticism as well and a good motor. His hands are pretty good as well. I just hate his shot. 12-14 ppg, 8-10 rpg, 1.5-2 bpg, .550 fg% in his prime. That's pretty much starter numbers but not a go to guy.

kingbrentg
03-31-2010, 06:15 AM

kingbrentg
03-31-2010, 06:22 AM
I'll say he'll be better than both. He has legitimate post moves and a large body and length. He has decent athleticism as well and a good motor. His hands are pretty good as well. I just hate his shot. 12-14 ppg, 8-10 rpg, 1.5-2 bpg, .550 fg% in his prime. That's pretty much starter numbers but not a go to guy.

Have to disagree with the post moves. Being a Jayhawk fan, his post moves really leave a lot to be desired. His post game mostly consists of a generic hook shot right now. Maybe he'll improve that, maybe not. I think most of his points will come from working the offensive glass and being set-up ala Joakim Noah, which is how he got a lot of his points at Kansas.

Though, I do see him as a solid NBA defender and rebounder, and those numbers are pretty fair.

If he's taken by the right team, he should be a solid starting center. Otherwise he's an above average backup.

Corey
03-31-2010, 10:29 AM
I agree with the Noah comparison.

I think Aldrich is very similar to Noah, with a bit more upside. He does have generic post moves, but their pretty effective. On top of that, he was the best defensive center in college, and it will most likely translate to the NBA.

He's pretty explosive on defense, quick to pick up help side rotations, and let his man think they are getting an easy basket, when in reality he is just playing them.

I don't expect him to be a 20/10 guy or anything, but he's a very solid rebounder, a very solid defender, and has great athleticism.

There's no reason he can't give 8 and 10 with 2 blocks his rookie year.

arkanian215
03-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Have to disagree with the post moves. Being a Jayhawk fan, his post moves really leave a lot to be desired. His post game mostly consists of a generic hook shot right now. Maybe he'll improve that, maybe not. I think most of his points will come from working the offensive glass and being set-up ala Joakim Noah, which is how he got a lot of his points at Kansas.

Though, I do see him as a solid NBA defender and rebounder, and those numbers are pretty fair.

If he's taken by the right team, he should be a solid starting center. Otherwise he's an above average backup.

Ok they're not as good as I thought. He does turn over either shoulder on that hook and is developing that drop step.

Qdawg
03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Best case scenario he's a good 5th option for a contender, he'll give you a solid 12 ppg and 8 rpg.

Corey
03-31-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't think that's the best case scenario at all. Most likely scenario, but best?