PDA

View Full Version : Do the Nuggets standa chance in the West without K-Mart?

Sadds The Gr8
03-30-2010, 02:08 AM
“Realistically, I might not be able to play this year. …I might not be able to play the rest of the year,” Martin told Yahoo! Sports. “That’s what I’m realistic about, that I might not be able to. It’s still up in the air. But, I’m going to do all I can to make sure. I’m going to put my best foot forward and work hard every day to make sure I get back, but if it’s not meant to be, then it’s out of my control.

“Nobody will ever be upset that I didn’t try. They will never be able to say that. I’ve fought through stuff worse than that.”

Sources told Yahoo! Sports the Nuggets’ medical staff diagnosed Martin with a partial tear of his left patella tendon on March 5, with surgery among the possible treatment options. The Nuggets have publicly referred to the injury as “patella tendonitis” and Martin’s personal doctor, Richard Steadman, recommended the PRP treatments.

“They said the treatment doesn’t work on everybody,” Martin said. “I’m just waiting. The pain isn’t the same, but the only thing I have been doing is riding the bike. I haven’t done any running. I haven’t done any jumping, haven’t done much of anything to judge it on right now. I’m still optimistic I’m coming back, but I’m also cautious, worried. My pain level has definitely decreased, but it doesn’t mean anything because I’m not playing basketball. That’s what I had to do to judge it on.

“I’m just following [his doctor’s] orders to a ‘T.’ I trust [Nuggets strength and conditioning coach Steve] Hess, and they are talking to Hess daily. …But what’s better? Am I going to be out there playing in pain? If I come back and that’s the case again then I will go see Steadman again and see what he has to say.”

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao1C9XyHJXaF8s07r2f6yjnqbwM6?slug=mc-martinnuggets033010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

There's more in the link, but I just posted the most important parts.

So seeing as Kenyon's future for this season is very uncertain, do you guys think Denver has a chance to make a long playoff run without him? I don't think so, because the west has so much elite PF's and they'll be missing they're best defender and rebounder to shed those PF's off.

Raph12
03-30-2010, 02:11 AM
Do they stand a chance, yes, but it isn't very likely.

sventhedog
03-30-2010, 02:21 AM
no. melo is their best player. billups stabilizes the team and gives them direction. jr smith sparks them. but their defensive mindset starts with kmart.

nuggets are showing their defensive inconsistencies the past few games. jr smith hasn't been consistent, so they need their defense more to win games.

GaSoft16
03-30-2010, 02:35 AM
I don't think so. Nene and Birdman won't be enough to combat Gasol/Bynum/Odom, or even Nowitzki/Haywood/Dampier or Stoudemire/Lopez/Amundson or Duncan/Bonner/Blair.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Sorry nuggs fan but your team looks lost without K-Mart

He's a really good psychical defender especially against the lakers big three

Hellcrooner
03-30-2010, 03:27 AM
nene and birdman may be able to do the trick but is not likely

Avenged
03-30-2010, 03:33 AM
They could and will probably beat the lower seeds in the playoffs, but will have a hard time with the Lakers and Mavericks. It's sad really, was looking forward to the Nuggets eliminating the Mavericks. :p

bahama0811
03-30-2010, 09:55 AM
No. :sigh::no::injury:

Sadds The Gr8
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Sorry nuggs fan but your team looks lost without K-Mart

He's a really good psychical defender especially against the lakers big three

Raps fan not a Nugs fan. I just made this thread to stir up a conversation.

goodfromdeep
03-30-2010, 11:41 AM
They are really struggling right now with out him. 1-4 on this last road trip (and the one win a pretty lucky last min shot against the Raptors). If they don't pull it together really quick knowing he isn't going to be back we might see the Lakers, Nuggets in the first round instead of the conf. finals.

coloradobuff
03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
need him for defense

Chronz
03-30-2010, 12:06 PM
They are done

mikantsass
03-30-2010, 12:38 PM
They need K Mart to intimidate people. Gasol pisses his pants whenever he plays tough PFs.

They also need George Karl!

Hellcrooner
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
They need K Mart to intimidate people. Gasol pisses his pants whenever he plays tough PFs.

They also need George Karl!

thats why lakers have eliminated Nuggets TWICE, jazz, spurs this last couple years .:p