PDA

View Full Version : Devin harris

alchemist0123
03-30-2010, 12:13 AM
If the nets draft john wall what's going to happen to harris. i think the nets will end having to trade him. what is harris' worth? and where might he end up?

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Rodrigue Beauboius + Caron Butler for Devin Harris?

marcus4989
03-30-2010, 12:20 AM
would you guys, as fans, be in favor of

Michael Beasley + DeQuan Cook for Devin Harris....?

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 12:22 AM

I take that back. Roddy has the potential to be better than Harris.

IU Hoosiers 3
03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
yeah idk if id give up roddy and caron for him..but i think u keep harris on that team for at least another year to somewhat help wall ease into the nba but he won't be on that team for too long after.

Jack of Blades
03-30-2010, 12:41 AM

Hell no.

Ragun
03-30-2010, 12:46 AM

no he doesnt. he has potential but i dont think all-star level potential like harris.

tredigs
03-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Honestly, I think you keep Harris and pick up Evan Turner. Harris is damn good when he's healthy (which at this point he is, tho' there's definitely a bit of liability there), and I think Turner is going to be the better NBA player than Wall anyway. If they end up with the #1, you could also see what other teams could offer in a trade, but Turner is going to be very, VERY good.

Point: Harris

SG: Terrence Williams / Lee

SF: Evan Turner

PF: Your free agent sign. Bosh or Boozer? Yi as backup.

C: Brook Lopez

With the right coach, that team can win a ton of ball games. They have scorers all over and upper echelon rebounding. Easily capable of a top 6 seed in the East.

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 12:53 AM
no he doesnt. he has potential but i dont think all-star level potential like harris.

He already has a WAY better rookie year playing less MPG. Harris never dropped 40 in a Mavericks uniform, let alone in his rookie season.

Tymathee
03-30-2010, 12:53 AM

why would you trade away a pg because you're drafting a point guard for another young point guard?

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 12:55 AM
why would you trade away a pg because you're drafting a point guard for another young point guard?

Because Roddy plays more like a 2 than a 1.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2010, 01:31 AM

lol

beaboius is better than harris in a few years

iggypop123
03-30-2010, 01:32 AM

it doesnt matter. marc cuban thinks so. heck he said he was untouchable, only kobe and lebron would entice him to trade him. lol

mrblisterdundee
03-30-2010, 01:34 AM
Devin Harris is a top-tier score-first point guard. I'd be more than willing to unload Andre Miller and other youngsters to get him.

Raph12
03-30-2010, 01:39 AM

Right. :rolleyes:

PC
03-30-2010, 01:40 AM
lol

beaboius is better than harris in a few years

Are you basing this off of one game? I like Beaubois, I think he has the potential to be a nice player but to say he'll be better than Harris in a couple of years is a stretch to say the least

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Right. :rolleyes:

Compare their rookie years. Roddy has done things this year that Harris never did in a Mavs uniform. You obviously haven't watched this kid play, he just dropped 40 points in 29 minutes.

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Are you basing this off of one game? I like Beaubois, I think he has the potential to be a nice player but to say he'll be better than Harris in a couple of years is a stretch to say the least

One game? He's been doing it all season, his minutes are just very very limited on a very talented team competing for a championship. Go look at his game log, whenever he get's the minutes he's very productive.

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Look at his game log and tell me what you think:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rodrigue_beaubois/game_by_game_stats.html

Whenever he gets decent minutes he produces well.

jfin
03-30-2010, 02:08 AM
never even heard of this Roddy guy.who does he play like?

Raph12
03-30-2010, 02:12 AM
Compare their rookie years. Roddy has done things this year that Harris never did in a Mavs uniform. You obviously haven't watched this kid play, he just dropped 40 points in 29 minutes.

Yeah Kleiza also dropped 42pts for Denver, remind me, where is he now?

Beaubois has talent but he's no AI.

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Yeah Kleiza also dropped 42pts for Denver, remind me, where is he now?

Beaubois has talent but he's no AI.

Calm down, no one's making him out to be. But he has the potential to be better than Harris.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 02:16 AM
its a sad story on Harris. He projected as a good on the ball defender who could lead a team, and yet he hit a great efficiency 2 years ago, and has fallen off, with the injuries, to an average PG. If the Nets get Wall, they have to pray they get good value for Harris.

Sadds The Gr8
03-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Calm down, no one's making him out to be. But he has the potential to be better than Harris.

Kinda seems like a stretch because Harris is really good...I haven't really seen Beaubois play so I can't really argue. Although it was only 1 game, 40 pts is impressive.

mr_relevant
03-30-2010, 02:25 AM
If they really insist on drafting Wall, then they should trade Harris and Brook Lopez for a dependable wing scorer(Kevin Martin or Stephen Jackson perhaps?), then sign either Bosh, Boozer or David Lee

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 02:30 AM
If they really insist on drafting Wall, then they should trade Harris and Brook Lopez for a dependable wing scorer(Kevin Martin or Stephen Jackson perhaps?), then sign either Bosh, Boozer or David Lee

with center being a nearly impossible position to get now, why would they trade Lopez for players who come along every other day, ie, wing scorers who refuse to defend?
No, if the Nets get the #1, they draft Wall, trade Harris for future picks or a PF who can board all night, and then use their cap space to fill out the roster with a wing scorer for cheaper than those 2, and depth, seeing as only 2 of their players aren't atrocious at this point

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Kinda seems like a stretch because Harris is really good...I haven't really seen Beaubois play so I can't really argue. Although it was only 1 game, 40 pts is impressive.

What's even more impressive is that it was done in only 29 minutes off the bench. It's just hard to see the floor when you're playing behind guards like Jason Kidd, Caron Butler, and Jason Terry. Carlisle trusts Barea more than Beaubois also because of his experience. The kid is averaging almost 53% and over 43% from behind the arc.

Raph12
03-30-2010, 02:33 AM

Maybe better than Harris now.

Harris' having an off year with all of the injuries, but I don't think he'll ever match the 21ppg-3rpg-7apg-2spg type season that Harris had last year.

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Maybe better than Harris now, he's having an off year with all of the injuries, but I don't think he'll ever match the 21ppg-3rpg-7apg-2spg type season that Harris had last year.

He's averaging 7.3 ppg in 12 mpg...expand that to 36 mpg and you get 22 ppg. Like I said, he needs PT to get recognition. He's averaging 53% and 43% behind the arc...sexy numbers for a 6'0 guard.

mr_relevant
03-30-2010, 02:45 AM
with center being a nearly impossible position to get now, why would they trade Lopez for players who come along every other day, ie, wing scorers who refuse to defend?
No, if the Nets get the #1, they draft Wall, trade Harris for future picks or a PF who can board all night, and then use their cap space to fill out the roster with a wing scorer for cheaper than those 2, and depth, seeing as only 2 of their players aren't atrocious at this point

I've never been sold on Lopez's potential. He can be a good player, but I don't see him becoming a top 5 center in the league. That is why I suggest that they should sign either Bosh, Boozer or Lee.

Raph12
03-30-2010, 02:47 AM
He's averaging 7.3 ppg in 12 mpg...expand that to 36 mpg and you get 22 ppg. Like I said, he needs PT to get recognition. He's averaging 53% and 43% behind the arc...sexy numbers for a 6'0 guard.

So is Ian Mahinmi, those guys are role players for a reason.

Everyone has great nights, just because you avg 7pts in 12mins, doesn't mean it'll translate to 22pts in 36mins with the same efficiency. He has potential, but not Top 5 PG in the East potential.

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 02:51 AM
So is Ian Mahinmi, those guys are role players for a reason.

Everyone has great nights, just because you avg 7pts in 12mins, doesn't mean it'll translate to 22pts in 36mins with the same efficiency. He has potential, but not Top 5 PG in the East potential.

I can tell you haven't watched him play, and I'm not talking about highlights. It's alright I won't judge. Btw Mahinmi is averaging just 6 mpg in his second year...all that shows is that he's trash.

blackjack_119
03-30-2010, 02:52 AM

11% of his points this season came in his last game. 21% of his 3PT's came in his last game. Don't put too much emphasis on his stats when they are so dependent upon one excellent game against the Warriors of all teams. Everyone on both teams looks like an offensive stud when the Warriors are playing.

Raph12
03-30-2010, 02:55 AM
11% of his points this season came in his last game. 21% of his 3PT's came in his last game. Don't put too much emphasis on his stats when they are so dependent upon one excellent game against the Warriors of all teams. Everyone on both teams looks like an offensive stud when the Warriors are playing.

37% shooting Jennings dropped 55pts on them earlier this season... Nuff said.

G-Bay New J
03-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Harris is my favorite player so I don't want to see him go but I wouldn't be disapointed with this.

New Jersey trades: Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Mavs 1st round pick

Portland trades: Andre Miller, LeMarcus Aldridge

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 02:56 AM

He averaged 6.6 ppg in 12 mpg before that game...still impressive. You can't discredit the kid when he's been doing great in limited minutes all year long.

Avenged
03-30-2010, 03:36 AM
I have no idea who beaboius is but if you guys say he's better than Harris then I really didn't realize till now how deep the Mavs are.

alencp3
03-30-2010, 04:23 AM

:facepalm: He aint wortg Beauboius U crazy!

jkiddvc20
03-30-2010, 01:01 PM
I've never been sold on Lopez's potential. He can be a good player, but I don't see him becoming a top 5 center in the league. That is why I suggest that they should sign either Bosh, Boozer or Lee.

He might already be a top 5 center in the league...

Young2Kinsler
03-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Harris is my favorite player so I don't want to see him go but I wouldn't be disapointed with this.

New Jersey trades: Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Mavs 1st round pick

Portland trades: Andre Miller, LeMarcus Aldridge

LeMarcus... lmao. Maybe you can ask Portland to bend over too?

Cash
03-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Roddy is a nice player, but a couple years ago Devin Harris was playing like a top 5 PG in the NBA. Roddy won't come anywhere close to that.

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
37% shooting Jennings dropped 55pts on them earlier this season... Nuff said.

Them? Who's "them"?

JOSKOMANG4
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Honestly, I think you keep Harris and pick up Evan Turner. Harris is damn good when he's healthy (which at this point he is, tho' there's definitely a bit of liability there), and I think Turner is going to be the better NBA player than Wall anyway. If they end up with the #1, you could also see what other teams could offer in a trade, but Turner is going to be very, VERY good.

Point: Harris

SG: Terrence Williams / Lee

SF: Evan Turner

PF: Your free agent sign. Bosh or Boozer? Yi as backup.

C: Brook Lopez

With the right coach, that team can win a ton of ball games. They have scorers all over and upper echelon rebounding. Easily capable of a top 6 seed in the East.

As a net fan, I'd also want Evan Turner over John Wall.

2010 Potential Lineup:

C) Lopez/Boone
PF) Bosh(max contract)/YI/Gani Lawal(projected 27th overall pick)
SF) T.Williams/CDR4/Humphries
SG) E.Turner(Projected 1st overall pick)/C.Lee
PG) D.Harris/K.Dooling/Scottie Reynolds(Projected 31st overall pick)

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM

none of them are centers. Lopez is playing at a high level with great efficiency DESPITE the crap around him. He has 1 other player on his team above league average for efficiency. The fact that he is still putting up the numbers he puts up while being the entire focal point of the defense is actually incredible. Lopez will most definately be a top 5 NBA center. He needs to get more aggressive on the glass, and that is really the only glaring weakness.
He is better then Bosh was during his second year in a landslide, Lee is a horrendous defender and not a center which has clearly been shown, and Boozer is nowhere near a center who is having a good year but Lopez is already as good

Lopez is the one keeper on the Nets in all reality

hvg
03-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Play Harris at the 2. I think he'll do fine there. It'll take pressure off John Wall at the beginning of the season and allow him to develop. If they sign a good PF that can be explosive.

Something like:
Wall/Harris/Whoever/Boozer/Lopez

Paulliwali
03-30-2010, 01:58 PM
I agree with a previous poster. draft Evan Turner

especially after he walked off the court after the lost, shows his mentality to win, which is the last bridge between all-star and superstar.
not denying the skill of neither players but it just seems to be Turner is more matured and more NBA ready.

and since Turner will be expected to carry this young team, he has to be mature and patient with the coach, players and etc.

so I like the Nets to draft Turner

mikantsass
03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Lots of teams could use a PG like Harris:

Lakers
Heat
Raptors
Grizz
Pacers
Hawks
Wiz
Kings

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Play Harris at the 2. I think he'll do fine there. It'll take pressure off John Wall at the beginning of the season and allow him to develop. If they sign a good PF that can be explosive.

Something like:
Wall/Harris/Whoever/Boozer/Lopez

Harris is like 6'2", 190 dude. He would get crapped on at SG

wolf3742
03-30-2010, 04:22 PM
IF we draft wall, I'd want harris traded, try to get a good SG for him... heck if we can get the no.2 pick for him, i'd do it. Wall/Turner/Lopez + 24mil capspace - not bad of a start

Mavrix
03-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Harris is like 6'2", 190 dude. He would get crapped on at SG

Jason Terry is 6'2 and 180 and thrives at SG

defender4m
03-30-2010, 05:34 PM
IF we draft wall, I'd want harris traded, try to get a good SG for him... heck if we can get the no.2 pick for him, i'd do it. Wall/Turner/Lopez + 24mil capspace - not bad of a start

Good idea. The mavs first rounder and Harris for the number two pick (assuming we get the one) and take turner. But dont be suprised if turner stays at OSU.